Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007
It's weird that got retconned and not the clandestine murder they committed in the racing arc. I mean, it's probably one of the funniest things that happened the whole show so I don't mind but still.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007
I hope the monster game set in West Virginia that Griffin is making features a jelly covered, nude, hatchet wielding ogre.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

timp posted:

On the other hand we have comments like this one

https://twitter.com/FirraMeow/status/902794430687485952

She's either extremely thirsty or laying some sort of elaborate trap

I think nick should date this murderer.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007
I didn't think the audience was that bad on the recording, in person it might have been too much I guess. All in all a good ep choc full of my favorite kinds of goofs.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

Colonel Whitey posted:

edit: keen eyes will notice Dwight Slappe of TIBaS fame

Dwight Slappe is a hall of fame name.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

Stroop There It Is posted:

I think at some point they specified that more happened between them "offscreen", Griffin and Justin were each just understandably uncomfortable roleplaying a romance with a brother.

Did Kravitz have a human form before they started the romance thing or was that tacked on then?

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

Serf posted:

It felt like maybe they should have done more discussion beforehand because it seemed like Clint just said "superhero game" and the boys brought traditional characters not knowing what an odd setup Clint had in mind.

It could have been worse, one of them could have made a genius gorilla or a space alien character or something.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

General Ironicus posted:

Coming mid-November

Ask me literally anything about Archie.

Ok. What the hell is the deal with it? Why did it endure when Foxy Grandpa ended up in the dustbin of history?

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

Arsenic Lupin posted:

Think about all the TAZ-themed Jumbotrons. Now imagine Sawbones-themed Jumbotrons. Then tiptoe away slowly.

Happy anniversary to my favorite weeping anal fistula. May we both give birth to rotten rabbit and cat parts for many years to come,

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

Arsenic Lupin posted:

I had to stop because I was so frustrated with Griffin giving the wrong advice. WATER YOUR drat FARM.

Yeah I remember being confused with how much he liked the mines. That's for rainy days, duh.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

SpacePig posted:

Don't forget that the video wasn't really about Stardew Valley Pro Strats, but about finding fun in a game that Justin was not having fun with. Whether he's playing it right or not is immaterial so long as he finds fun.

Yeah but the mines are like the least fun though.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007
I really loved it up till I completed the community center, then it didn't feel like there was any point.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

HolePisser1982 posted:

they're talking about these:

My iguana loved his, he'd lay on it all day and poo there. Rips to my dearly departed friend, Neb the iguana, who passed some 25 years ago.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007
This thread is addicted to bitching about ads.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007
I think that little kid was just saying the shrimp that were dead and on ice at the market were in heaven now, because they were dead.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007
Somebody hurt Griffin's feelings.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

well why not posted:

if you're not sold on Travis, check out their @midnight episode. He completely dominated and is hilarious. Dude is made for comedy game shows.

I agree he's probably the brother that relies on the others more, but most classic bits really do hinge on his presence. Without him their content would definitely suffer.

Thank Travis for Travis, basically.

I need to watch it either way, but I thought @midnight had a team of writers.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

Arsenic Lupin posted:

Yeah. I can't stand to watch John Oliver or Samantha Bee any more, because I'm more than depressed enough already.

:hf: I've found topical political comedy extremely depressing for about 3-5 years now

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

quote:

Certain incidents or events might have triggered the phobia early in one’s childhood; an event that one might not even remember. A British bartender, for example, remembers a bucket of buttons falling on his head at the age of two.

I'll just store this bucket full of buttons on the shelf above the baby's crib...

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007
I'm still not really clear on what Nick actually did.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

Democratic Pirate posted:

I can’t get on board with Griffin and Rachel’s thanksgiving choices. Stuffing and gravy is the best part of the day, with some mashed potato filler and mopped up with a roll.

Also, ham is not enough to replace turkey, but don’t sleep on a supplemental sandwich consisting of a nice cut of salty country ham, gravy, and stuffing in the middle of a nice flaky roll.

If I wasn't held accountable to social norms, my whole thanksgiving meal would just be stuffing and gravy. Just mountains of stuffing a lakes of giblet gravy that I could camp out in.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

Hell yes

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

Organza Quiz posted:

You know some of us aren’t American, right?

Jimmy is a citizen of the sea.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

sexpig by night posted:

Yea I'm very happy that it evolved into the Panreligous, pansexual, personal pan holiday we all love but it absolutely started as a weird "THE gently caress IS THIS CHA-NUKKAH THE JEWS DO?!" joke which is far from the most offensive thing I've heard but it's just kinda a tired joke in general.

Jews are funny dude, have you heard of Seinfeld?

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007
I ate my dad, I'll eat your dad, gently caress you.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

credburn posted:

I like their news roundup (Trends Like These) but with Courtney Enlow's contribution they're just a series of news bits with random misandry thrown in. I get that a lot of men are awful, but she takes it to a playground kind of mentality. Saying Hitler had some skill in painting is not "a defense of Hitler." It's just a loving fact, or a statistic. Saying Donald Trump has comparatively good grammar on Twitter is not a defense of Trump's character or anything else, it's just an observation of a skill or a trait. Her minutes-long, fallacy-prone rants about how men are awful are painful to listen to because somehow she takes a simple, pretty much self-driving argument (many men in power are awful people) and somehow manages to fill it so full of subjective bullshit, personal anger and frustration and grossly exaggerated interpretations of what other people said or did that it ruins the argument. It's like taking a rapist and then also accusing him of being awful to animals. Like, maybe he is, but stick to the argument if all your evidence is about how awful rapists are and has nothing to do with puppies.

I don't know what you're talking about really but if someone was telling me about how good Trump's twitter grammar was I would definitely take it as a strange (and super pathetic) attempt to defend him.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007
That was a great MBMBAM ep, goddamn.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur posted:

It's good that Marilu remembers them fondly, because as some if you may now, she has one of thosebsuoer memories where she remembers every day of her life.

Oh poo poo yeah you're right.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

Travis is history's biggest dork.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

Yinlock posted:

amnesty has a dire lack of goofs

the post-balance stuff in general feels like it's trying to be too serious

if it's not 90% loving around with dumb bullshit then what's the point imo

I stopped listening to the podcast halfway through the Amnesty mini arc. It was feeling like a chore to me at that point. I do miss hearing Clint though.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

Dolash posted:

I like all the things everyone hates, including the long monologues, the one-on-ones, the world-building with NPCs and the more dramatic stakes/tone punctuated by tension-diffusing moments of humor. Therefore I thought the episode was very good, and was only missing a Dr. Harris Bonkers, PhD cameo.

For what it's worth I think a ton of people like the aspects of the show that you like, and I understand why they lean that way now because it's apparently wildly popular for a podcast.

Edit: I think the show was originally audio recordings of a funny family playing a game, and it evolved into a family doing a audio drama with some game aspects. That's the shift that made me lose interest I guess.

Drunkboxer fucked around with this message at 16:27 on Apr 18, 2018

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007
Nicks biggest crime was not being very funny, tbh. When he was funny he was usually just aping Griffin anyway. Hot take, I know.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

Waffleman_ posted:

When do you ever need a functioning toilet on a theatre set? Plumbing comes up very little in set building. And toilets tend to not have any wood, so carpentry is not a cogent skill. Just because you can build a set doesn't automatically make you Tim The Tool Man Taylor.

if they don’t use plumbing how come there’s no poop on the stage?