Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

Fluffdaddy posted:

He probably meant clarity and you guys probably knew that but were looking to make a sick burn

I actually enjoyed using CV from time to time in select situations*. It seems you are the jerk for assuming my lament was not sincere. Sad!

*very select with the addition of Sightstone and trinkets throughout the years

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

Salt.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

You've swapped your plays.tv links around.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

Why play LoL when you can play

featuring Grenhgar and Flitwick

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

Tired Moritz posted:

the gently caress, I just bought pink Taric. I got ripped off

The Pool Party skin has sunglasses that fall down for his ultimate ability. I'm not sure if Pink Taric can recover from such a devastating blow :ohdear:

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

quote:

new SMART FIELD No longer hits monsters while Blitzcrank is out of combat

It only took like 6 years.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

NTT posted:

In what universe can you not just buy a Razer Abyssus for like 23 bucks

Mice without thumb buttons are icky.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

I've found thumb buttons and extra mouse buttons to only be good for accidentally hitting when I don't want to, I just use a 5$ basic amazon mouse and seems to work fine.

If you have something like a Logitech MX518(the people's choice)/G400(his lesser son) I don't think it's an issue since there a firm resting place for your thumb and the buttons sit above that. Outside of games I can't imagine browsing the internet without thumb buttons to go back and forth.

Actually touching thumb buttons might be a definite issue if you go the MMO mouse route with something like the Razer Naga tho

:eyepop:

Mierenneuker fucked around with this message at 20:51 on Jul 2, 2016

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

they ded, they controlled

Mierenneuker fucked around with this message at 12:29 on Jul 3, 2016

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

quote:

Yasuo mains are people, too. Kind of.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

I hear Lyte never actually left Riot and is still rebuilding the tribunal behind the scenes :tinfoil:

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

Where's my "assemble the Metagolem" quest, Riot?

Edit: ^^^ holy poo poo

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

RealFoxy posted:

The worst part about Phreak is that I saw the new class spotlight on the Demon Hunters in WoW and they were trying so hard to emulate the champion spotlight style.

It's pretty much become the standard for games that have characters with unique abilities. The DC Comics MOBA (that died in the crib) and Heroes of the Storm copied it blatantly. I'm sure they are not the only ones.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

Guardians of Middle-Earth's big deal was that it was a console MOBA, although Awesomenauts did a far better job at that. They eventually released it on PC but the controls felt very stiff and it's pay model was horrible.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

TeenageArchipelago posted:

idk if this has been talked about in a while, but Riven's neck is either broke as gently caress or growing out of her rack and it bothers me

She broke it while riding her motorcycle, it never healed properly.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

Old Poppy had a lot of hidden power. The hidden power that a large majority of the players had a limited understanding of how she worked.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

I think Keven has Poppy and Tristana mixed up!

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

Work Friend Keven posted:

They're sisters.

That's my fet...

Servaetes posted:

Please don't.

Okay. Uh, alright. gently caress, I haven't played this game in three months, what the hell do I talk about. So *clears throat* how is Malzahar doing these days? He had a rework, was apparently OP as poo poo and has since been nerfed if I'm not mistaken. Is he teetering on the brink of usability or is he still pretty good?

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

A quick Reddit search gave me this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=onH0KJVm2mg
No need to even watch it, the thumbnail explains it.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

I remember Yorick Mori.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

Is that Dwight Schultz?
Edit: Apparently it's David Lodge.

Mierenneuker fucked around with this message at 13:17 on Sep 21, 2016

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

Kokoro Wish posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S18HwX2hhzk

He's just so drat jolly and jaunty. I'm getting tree man as soon as he hits 6300.

mods, plz change my name to Lord Grompulus Kevin Ribbiton of Croaksworth

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

A screenshot of the old LoL HUD please.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

As someone who spends way too much time making Spotify playlists for Overwatch characters I strongly approve of that site.

Sperglord Firecock posted:

brb adding nothing but gay dance club mixes to taric theme list

i got you fam
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yjZ696SPqx4

Also, can't forget about this one.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

How Rude posted:

add it then! you just have to name a champion and list a youtube song and the dude running the site will add it

Yeah, it's really hard to make 133 separate playlists by yourself. The main intention of the site right now probably is to start building those playlists.

If the creator of the site manually adds songs and checks them before listening he probably has a shitload of songs waiting for him. If Reddit picked up on this he'll be backlogged until the end of 2017 :v:

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

Man, they sure must have changed LoL with the last patch because I understood none of that!

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

Luna Was Here posted:

My favorite op on release champion was draven , who would roll into lane, hit you with a whirling blade auto for 100, then laugh as you bled for another 100

He was like that for a year. I'm not exaggerating, an entire year with no nerfs until they changed the passive.

Mierenneuker fucked around with this message at 20:11 on Jan 16, 2017

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

Gripen5 posted:

I don't remember the exact circumstances as I didn't even play the game at the time. But I saw a video of a bug that I think involved Darius using his hook right as someone completes their teleport back to base, which would launch him right into the enemy fountain. I seem to remember there being a way to kill all 5 of the people on the enemy team as well.

Here's the latter, which involved some social engineering (having somebody on the other team who goes "let's camp the enemy jungler at their blue!")
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YrSytGmpG_0

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

pog boyfriend posted:

did riot post the birthdays of all of the major champions, because i think this thread should celebrate the birthdays of champions. but if they did not do that we have a goon project we could do to force them to make this information public

E: they did not, but i found some guy on reddit who did it

happy birthday renekton!!!!!!!!

Fiora was released on leap day? This explains a lot.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

Urgot

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

Work Friend Keven posted:

Wow they take a perfectly good monster champion and turn him into cute rainbow barfs.

Now that is just plain rude.
\

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

Tired Moritz posted:

Don't know why she was so rude to Lucian

Lucian's passive is called Lightslinger and Lux is so all-in on the light theme that she's having none of that.

She's also horribly racist.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

Looking forward to Hawk & Dove the new champions.

I guess Kindred was Cloak & Dagger

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

Zed's dead, baby.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

D is for "Die please" and Clairvoyance, F is for "getting the gently caress out of here".

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

pog boyfriend posted:

everyone just a reminder that a marauding gang of dickheads and trolls - probably from the dota thread - have came in and hosed around like the hooligans they are and destroyed the threads rating. please remember to vote five to counter their nefarious schemes.

I didn't know the Dunning-Kruger effect could apply to a forum thread, but here we go.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

Reality Winner posted:

there are still old rear end dota players who call it woods, as in lone druid is woodsing

Who is this "lone druid" you speak of, you mean Furion or Syllabear?

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

ShadowHawk posted:

I remember a few years ago support nunu was just straight up the most common kind of nunu. Not exactly sure why that stopped being a thing.

Beyond changes to Nunu's buff there is also the thing where they started adding supports that were actually fun to play. You know, supports that went beyond dance in the bush all day, occasionally push buttons. Back when people were deadly afraid to push the minion wave during the laning phase.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

The most important thing is: do the changes have Trick2G's seal of approval?

I'm just going to ahead and assume he still streams LoL and has stuck to his gimmicks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

pog boyfriend posted:

here is the full video for 13 health pot morde they took it off youtube for some reason and put it private but i found a copy of the video by going on some chinese blogs google cache version of the website to get the original link

It might be the part where he goes "GET. FCUCKING. RAPED." Maybe. Perhaps.

• Locked thread