Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Moktaro
Aug 3, 2007
I value call my nuts.

zoux posted:

If Jeb ends up winning the nomination after this insane primary season I will never forgive the US electorate.

OTOH, the anti-establishment conservatives would be so pissed that you could possibly see a wave election and Reagan-esque numbers, so shine on, you crazy diamond. :twisted:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moktaro
Aug 3, 2007
I value call my nuts.

Samurai Sanders posted:

what possessed the Ferguson police department to look at Lynch, look at the political situation right now, and think she was bluffing?

Yeah, the woman in charge of the agency currently tearing FIFA a new rear end in a top hat is certainly gonna meet her match in this dumbass police department. :rolleyes:

Moktaro
Aug 3, 2007
I value call my nuts.

Combed Thunderclap posted:

I'm surprised more countries who aren't fans of the US haven't used Congressional gridlock to pull more of these little PR stunts.

There's virtually no chance this is true (a top Iranian official says something crazy and bombastic about the US at a rally and it's eagerly repeated by state media, don't be stupid) but its plausibility is extremely disturbing.

I was suspecting that Iran might start trolling the Republicans after they tried to sabotage the nuclear deal, this should be fun. :munch:

Moktaro
Aug 3, 2007
I value call my nuts.

Mokelumne Trekka posted:

so is Hillary vs. Bernie chat frowned upon in here or something goddamn

Obama is obviously too much of a centrist, and looks like Hillary is still peddling how great he is based on that PBS debate. Good strategy? not sure. the most obvious problem here is Hillary's advocacy of the ACA which forces people to buy high deductible junk and funnel their money over to brokers, general agents, and insurance companies with costs that aren't even prevented from skyrocketing. Yeah, gently caress Hillary I'm sure Hillary is a nice lady but I think we can be bolder on issues and not settle for mediocrity

To add a bit to the other replies: This thread is meant for discussion of general political happenings, the primaries were given their own threads because discussing them in depth here would drown out any discussion of what horrible thing Bumblefuck State Legislature did today.

And also yes, primary chat inevitably spirals into a never-ending pile of YCS posts (the acronym, not the subforum).

Moktaro
Aug 3, 2007
I value call my nuts.

The Glumslinger posted:

Its what Obama was actually doing during the past 3 years of his presidency

I saw Abe Lincoln: Vampire Hunter in the theatre and I would watch the hell out of Barack Obama: Lich Hunter. :black101:

Moktaro
Aug 3, 2007
I value call my nuts.

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

I hope Trollbama shows up to start nominating the most outrageous picks for Supreme Court Justice; like not even actual judge nominees

Supreme Court Justice Kanye West, you say? :v:

Moktaro
Aug 3, 2007
I value call my nuts.

McAlister posted:

On the topic of voter suppression, the Texas GOP went after the woman's vote by creating rules that are burdensome to anyone who has changed their legal name. Basically the VRA struck it down in 2011 but after preclearance went bye bye they passed it again in 2013.

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2013/oct/29/texas-voter-id-law-women-vote

After looking at the voting patterns that got Richards elected governor it occurs to me that this may have been a miscalculation on their part as married women are the one female demographic they lead in.. Slightly, only a few percent, but still that's a GOP leaning demographic.

The law is currently in effect as far as I can tell and its effect in suppressing the minority vote is clearly outweighing suppression of married women .... But in talking to people who think voter ID is reasonable framing it in terms of a case where people who vote "right" are suppressed could be useful.

"See, that proves they're not being partisan, they're willing to lose votes to protect the integrity of the process!" :hurr:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moktaro
Aug 3, 2007
I value call my nuts.

Huge_Midget posted:

At what point in time do the actual power players behind the GOP decide enough is enough and it's time to put Trump down? Can they no longer control the monster they created? Is a brokered convention their last hope to get rid of Trump and his insane hate-filled base?

This is why Trump requested Secret Service protection so early, he too has seen Bulworth.

• Locked thread