Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

Cliff Stoll is a treasure, and in all videos he is so energetic and enthusiastic. I always feel tired after watching them but in a good way. :3:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

quote:

“Sizzling, Shrieking Human Mass.”

mods, please?

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

I love how the dude recording fell over with the explosion and the girls barely gave a poo poo about it.

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

I think you guys are missing the forest for the trees here.

There's a version of Windows, a version of Windows XP I might add, that is specially crafted for submarines, aptly named Windows for Submarines. And windows for submarines sounds like a terrible idea, no matter how you slice it.

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

OSI bean dip posted:

Why is Windows for Submarines a "terrible idea"?

:thejoke:

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

FuturePastNow posted:

old but OSHA

I was going to say it looks like it's some M.C. Escher poo poo, but it was just a crane.

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o_cpvapfAtc

?

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

mobby_6kl posted:

That used to be a truck carrying 4 tons of gas, apparently, before rear-ending something.

It also vaporized whatever he had rear-ended, I would imagine.

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

Whooping Crabs posted:

Man tries to fix traffic light with stick

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=05LOINlJmc4

The traffic light was just propped up by a stick.

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

OSI bean dip posted:

More King of Random foolery with butane and Coke:

Jump towards the end if you want to see him spill burning butane all over himself.

Or jump to the middle when he fills a PET bottle with liquid butane, seals it, and then opens it up later.

I'm not surprised this guy jumped the shark and now is doing dangerous poo poo for the sake of those sweet views.

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

pidan posted:

And this is how we learned that cultural differences are deadly: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/%C3%9Cberlingen_mid-air_collision

quote:

Two years after the crash, Peter Nielsen, the air traffic controller on duty at the time of the collision, was murdered in an apparent act of revenge, by Vitaly Kaloyev, a Russian citizen who had lost his wife and two children in the accident.

:stare:

EDIT:

quote:

Devastated by the loss of his wife and two children aboard flight 2937, Vitaly Kaloyev, a Russian architect, held Peter Nielsen responsible for their deaths. He tracked down and stabbed Nielsen to death, in the presence of his wife and three children, at his home in Kloten, near Zürich, on 24 February 2004.[19][25] The Swiss police arrested Kaloyev at a local motel shortly after, and he was sentenced to prison for the murder in 2005. He was released in November 2007 because his mental condition was not sufficiently considered in the initial sentence. In January 2008, he was appointed deputy construction minister of North Ossetia.

:stonk:

Space Kablooey fucked around with this message at 15:59 on May 10, 2017

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

That's terrible trigger discipline. Smh

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

It is required by law in my state to put up signs saying that. :v:

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Two inches? Try more than 3 feet in the closest states. The entire southern 50 will be covered by ash to some extent as well as large chunks of Canada and Mexico, plunging pretty much most of the continent into the equivalent of nuclear winter.

http://www.livescience.com/20714-yellowstone-supervolcano-eruption.html

I like to imagine that the >1000 area is actually just a hole leading to a magma lake below.

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

Submarine Sandpaper posted:

blueberries would take off

So would the entire city of Billings, if we're being honest.

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Also that magma lake is 6 miles deep so make sure you wear your boots!

idgi, sorry :shobon:

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

Phanatic posted:

D. Never stealing is always wrong under all circumstances.

hell yeah

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

Say Nothing posted:

Wear a seatbelt.

(She survived).

Why is it so... stringy?

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

:ohdear:

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

Takoluka posted:

He addresses this one of his videos. It's supposed to be Beakman levels of goofy and all in good fun.

And the corollary to that is that he brought in Beakman to star in one his videos, and that video was pretty much a Beakman's World episode and I got all nostalgic. :3:

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

Yeah, that's a really stupid and wasteful way of getting rid of data in a HDD.

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

Ak Gara posted:

Adding a "delete hdd when dead" clause should be standard for all wills.

Let's not get too hasty here.

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

quote:

"If I was a roach, I wouldn't live in that room," Chitwood said. "That's how despicable and dirty and feces- and urine-filled that room is. Yet the rest of the house is in pretty good shape."

drat

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

How the hell do you still have a job after wrecking your cargo, and something that's really expensive, like a crane, on top of that.

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

there has to be an easier way

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

Serak posted:

I wish someone would buy him a shirt that fits him though

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p4SoSBo_nsI

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

So that's how those things stay lubricated.

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

what the gently caress are ropes

Nevermind, one of the sofas is half hanging out of the bed. No ropes or knots would have saved that.

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

:piss: :stare:

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

It's going to turn out that the controls did nothing, or the driver was asleep. Either way Uber gets off scot-free.

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

Imagined posted:

As I understand it, one of the main benefits of AI drivers would be to have cars moving at speed impossibly close to each other. I would think even watching that would be unbearably stressful. Like I wouldn't even want a window if my car is doing 80 mph three inches from another car's bumper.

Yeah, but thats pretty much the endgame, when most, if not all of the cars on the road are autonomous and networked.

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

DiHK posted:

Hmm, so I was thinking: what of instead of airstrip we used large treadmills for takeoff amd landing.

somthing somethign bike 400 pounds of concrete

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

Avenging_Mikon posted:

I’d advise against pointless sperging when recent deaths are involved.

did you miss the uber crash derail, by any chance?

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

AFAIK, the thing about Guinness World Records is that you have to be the first to do something, not that it is useful or necessarily impressive. When a WR is impressive is because people have been trying and breaking that particular record for a long time, and then naturally raising the bar to something impressive.

I don't know if the 1Km road train would have blown out its engine trying to move another Km, but it likely didn't need to if they were setting the WR for the first time.

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

ah, but you see, the cars has only the hardware required, and the software is in deve- :commissar:

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

I really hope the ticker in the background is the "No accidents in" ticker.

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

Splicer posted:

I'm a Hiroshima bomb

I'm a football or other sports field

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

Gromit posted:

A bunch of people don't have any difficulty doing something like this while scuba diving. Or while driving with me after curry night.

They probably aren't panicking while scuba diving.

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

amazing

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

Lime Tonics posted:

Man buys helicopter, tries to learn to fly in his own yard, crashes. Read page 1, then skip to page 7.

https://www.ar15.com/forums/General/His-property-his-rules/5-2101215/?page=1

I then read page 2:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

I misread and thought OP's wife had died.

Fake edit: Apparently she did die but nobody seems to care? :confused: