Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

also the last game i play every night i just go full ham and play like im 8 again and not care

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y4hx0zbHZI8

i hate everything about this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
it says he plays sfv right there. do not impose your fanon over the very clear canon.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
I tried like 4-5 times deliberately to get birdie in that quiz and couldn't do it. I figured picking defensive/grappling, demanding good normals, and wanting easy combos and mid-range would be a pretty obvious flag for him but I guess not

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

what settings do I toggle to get the lower numbers

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Corbeau posted:

Join the glorious PC master race.

i play on PC but i don't actually know about PCs so I had to ask what i needed to fix

Thank you

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Hobojim posted:

Does anybody play FANG?

No

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Gammatron 64 posted:

Honestly if you ask me, hitboxes seem way more awkward, unintuitive and harder to use than using an actual arcade stick.

Like, for me, a big part of what makes me like arcade sticks is the tactile sensation. Like, there's a sense of finesse that you don't get with a keyboard or a gamepad. It's almost like playing a musical instrument.

hitboxes are basically keyboards with nicer buttons, they're perfectly natural if you grew up with WASD. i would have definitely had an easier time learning hitbox over stick but they weren't a thing when I started so whatever.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

teagone posted:

Daigo gonna counter Infiltrations Nash with Gief

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vk6O_LBWjYo

lol why did he upload that ken clip

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Help Im Alive posted:

Am I still allowed to play fighting games if i don't care about hitboxes

No.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

HoboWithAShotgun posted:

Was kinda hoping for a surprise Juri fight, oh well.

hell yeah its my boy abel

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Sade posted:

:same:

That's a really bizarre thing to say about a guy who made at least three fully functioning games. Yomi is really really fun.

i loving love Yomi, and Codex looks cool but im broke.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
Urien looks a thousand times sexier in that getup than he does in a speedo, idgaf

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

thats the hardest interview ive read on gamestop

yeah the interviewer actually asked good questions assuming you care about content vs raw mechanics. those responses though lol

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
fighting games are like the one genre where i never get salty anymore, but i guess i'm also not slamming a cold K on the table for moneymatches like these guys are for god knows what reason

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
Hey all, fighting game playing autist man here,

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Zand posted:

download ragnarok battle offline

Im hooting and hollering incoherently

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
the fact that RBO was never hacked to have netplay and also that levels are a bit too important before you actually get the cool builds are the greatest gaming travesties. i say this in all earnestness, in the SFV thread.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

croutonZA posted:

Is Overwatch anime? I mean, clearly some of it is like mech girl and ice lady but I dunno if cowboy man and old soldier count as anime.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

anime was right posted:

i get why they make throws bad, but not movement. why does movement feel like absolute garbage? its like some confusing mix of "slower and less intense > a good basic game" and "people really hate throws so make them less good"

if people go too fast then you cant have footsies. thats the rule

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
i probably won't play SFV anymore but I think the designs for Jurien are good. urien looks sick as hell in the Yakuza-chic open collared suit and juri's outfit is a neat take (though I liked her winter coat from that one "cutscene" with Abel in someone's arcade mode more)

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
If you don't think a lot of Juri's stuff is designed to give people a bonez0r then you're either being deliberately obtuse or you need to watch better anime

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
Juri's design should NOT be boobs because that's Chun's life, and it gives her proper motivation for wanting to murder Chun

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
I like Juri's coat, and the beach music

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Booyah- posted:

So assuming sfv survives, next characters we'd get would be Abel and...?

I want Fei Long

i'm excited to tornado throw for no damage

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

overwatch is the game where there are 21 overpowered Qs

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
does boxer still say "seven!" when you hold down a button in this game

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

darealkooky posted:

yeah my bad

It could just be an instinctual use of his Ki

Cody is a martial hero and I will not stand for this magical whitewashing of superhuman strength.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Jack Trades posted:

Cody is no god drat martial artist. He's a Street Fighter equivalent of One Punch Man and that is GREAT.

i said a martial hero, ie. not magical

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
lol @ all the summer costumes being women

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
Uniel has good music. Fortunately it's hidden in Uniel.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

FanaticalMilk posted:

I'm not saying your wrong for wanting it, but the fighting game you're describing simply does not exist. In fact, the only company that has enough money to create a fighting game with everything a casual fan wants is probably Blizzard.

its actually Riot, who also recently acquired a PC fighting game-making company. i dont actually expect Riot to make a fighting game though.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
In terms of aesthetics I liked how the command grab looked for the grappler dude and basically nothing else about Rising Thunder. I hope whatever game they make next is good though, because I like to play good games on my personal computer

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
i definitely agree with Dias that playing online is just a worse experience, and not because of lag or any other systems like that. People act like jackasses online and that poo poo wouldnt fly at a local (where people act like jackasses but in much funnier ways), and getting beat sitting next to your buddy while you talk about how sick a thing from the previous match was or what to get on your pizza is a lot less soul-rending than losing to what may as well be a robot until the set is over where you both drop your "gg" and maybe they give you some advice.

when my locals dried up for traditional FGs i started playing a lot more smash because, even if i didnt enjoy it as much, playing sets for 6 hours at your friend's place is a lot more fun than doing the same alone in my room

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

apple posted:

If people have already been told the cautionary tale about SFV but they still enjoy it, then great! Like it or not one thing SFV has going for it is more mainstream appeal. Here in Lansing (if not Michigan in general) the only game that has had staying power is Street Fighter.

Mt pleasant was mostly poverty and anime games which was sick, but i moved before SFV came out so I don't know what it's like now

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Firstborn posted:

Anyone want a ft10? I'm on now. Psn is magicsword_1, in SFv I'm just magicsword.

play me in rivals of aether, with patch .15 coming in a few days, gamer

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
play uniel

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IVueSM-Dxic

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

A.o.D. posted:

because smash and smash players are terrible.

its a lot of fun actually

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Booyah- posted:

so maybe... two stocks then?

from what i can tell of wiiu smash, no character can really fall off the stage unless they are forced out. is that why there are just two stocks?

Stocks generally last longer in Smash 4 than in melee, yeah. 3 or 4 stock Smash 4 would take considerably longer

melee should probably be 3 stock but I don't play that game anymore and it's not really my place as someone who doesn't play a game to dictate how people should play it

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Gammatron 64 posted:

Boy howdy am I glad my poo poo PC can't run this game lol

Yeah, my roomie will actually play SFV now that Urien is in it and we had a hootin' hollerin' time

Also yeah, how the hell do you have half a frame?

bebaloorpabopalo posted:

It means they did the test say 10 times and 5 times the input lag was 6 frames and 5 times it was 7 frames. It's absolutely meaningless to convey it like that, because variables mean every game will inherently fall in between two whole numbers and with a large enough data set average out to "x and a half" frames.

The biggest result is the only one that matters.

SF5 has 7 frames of input lag.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
i hope you gamers are excited for Thunder Hawk, now with a command grab that deals 15% damage with fierce