Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Thots and Prayers
Jul 13, 2006

A is the for the atrocious abominated acts that YOu committed. A is also for ass-i-nine, eight, seven, and six.

B, b, b - b is for your belligerent, bitchy, bottomless state of affairs, but why?

C is for the cantankerous condition of our character, you have no cut-out.
Grimey Drawer
Had a taste of False Spring around here in MN - got up to 40F and the sidewalks were mostly free of ice (mostly!). So :siren:my girlfriend:siren: and I went out for a run yesterday. 6K, right on track for the Bay To Breakers 12K in May.

Had a discussion afterwards about measuring one's run in furlongs. (6 kilometers = 29.8 furlongs, if you're curious.) Gonna start measuring my distances in f just to be That Guy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thots and Prayers
Jul 13, 2006

A is the for the atrocious abominated acts that YOu committed. A is also for ass-i-nine, eight, seven, and six.

B, b, b - b is for your belligerent, bitchy, bottomless state of affairs, but why?

Grimey Drawer

Magic Rabbit Hat posted:

Hello friends, I have been going to the gym 3 times a week after work and also learning how to fence on the remaining two, AMA.

Can I legally stab someone and claim we were practicing fencing? Please hurry.

Thots and Prayers
Jul 13, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Glad to see we're a small community of "Swole Senoritas" here on this webspace. I only do bodyweight btw.

Thots and Prayers
Jul 13, 2006

Grimey Drawer

My Q-Face posted:

I smell maple syrup when I lift. Do I stink, or am I having a stroke?

How's your pee smell?

http://www.livestrong.com/article/448648-smelling-ammonia-after-exercise/

Thots and Prayers
Jul 13, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Chinatown posted:

the number of scrawny rear end highschoolers in gym tanks is becoming concerning

Every spring there's a HS boys' rush, tank tops and arm-day-err-day. There's always at least one who figures poo poo out and Makes It. The amount of mass a teenager can gain in a year is pretty surprising. Good for him but gently caress him at the same time ha ha.

Thots and Prayers
Jul 13, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Post yur lunch:

Shrimp scampi, avocado, and some salad. Good stuff.

Thots and Prayers
Jul 13, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Post yur gains killin' cardio:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Thots and Prayers
Jul 13, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Chinatown posted:

shoulda done what i do and go until 420 or some other good number for calories burned. 69, 420, and 666 are my targets usually if im on a machine

It was tucked into pocket, I couldn't see it. I just used the voice for progress/pace information and e-statting.

Thots and Prayers
Jul 13, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Uxzuigal posted:

Shoulder rolls etc any good? It feels like the pain stems from the small bicep head.

Small bicep head? How did you come to that conclusion?

Google 'frozen shoulder' - does that match up?

Thots and Prayers
Jul 13, 2006

Grimey Drawer

notZaar posted:

Are there any interesting weightlifting podcasts?

Iron Radio, been listening to it for years. A+

Thots and Prayers
Jul 13, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Bowling and masturbation, only things I do.

Thots and Prayers
Jul 13, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Profondo Rosso posted:

any tips for isolating pecs? even on flys I feel like my shoulders/arms are doing most of the work.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1yqPhWI5BRs

I like these.

Thots and Prayers
Jul 13, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Metanaut posted:

I'm 36 and i'd totally be down for some test, but AFAIK docs around these parts really aren't into "anti-aging" treatments.

Might want to double check that.

Thots and Prayers
Jul 13, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Metanaut posted:

Whoa, exactly one in the whole country. Time to see how many months you have to wait for an appointment :toot:

Well, it is the American Academy of Anti-Aging.

Thots and Prayers
Jul 13, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Spectral Debt posted:

So if i keep working out am i gonna be sore forever?

If you think exercise hurts, imagine how it feels to sit on a couch for twenty years.

Seriously though - it decreases over time. Eventually you'll miss it, believe it or not.

Thots and Prayers
Jul 13, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Plz stop impregnating crossfitters

Thots and Prayers
Jul 13, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Breakfast All Day posted:

tbf kipping all your pullups/snatches/everything is probably the best gently caress muscle training

Look I'm no lady parts doctor but I'm pretty sure that the baby is gonna come shooting out during one of these *cough*pullups*cough* and swing around like a little Tarzan on the umbilical cord pretty sure I read that happens

Nobody wants that on the gym flooring all I'm sayin'

Thots and Prayers
Jul 13, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Sometimes you just want a little variety.

Thots and Prayers
Jul 13, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Fallows posted:

my excellent post shoulders meal

Got something from every food category: light brown, medium brown, and dark brown.

Thots and Prayers
Jul 13, 2006

Grimey Drawer
My less-than-athletic buddy sent me a video and I turned it into a gif for you:

http://i.imgur.com/W6xmuhg.gifv

Thots and Prayers
Jul 13, 2006

Grimey Drawer

notZaar posted:

I used to do that at work with the compressed air nozzles when I got bored. I've never seen it quite to that extent though, it's impressively gross.

I told him he was close to inventing a new way to measure bf%

Thots and Prayers
Jul 13, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I'm training for a 12K and hot drat it's making me run a lot.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Thots and Prayers
Jul 13, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Try a 30 Day Squat Challenge and pink dumbbell curls until you "build up a base" then move on to machines never improve

This one seems very scientific.

Thots and Prayers
Jul 13, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Oh poo poo I just found a 28 day one we just saved two days BAZINGA

Make sure you rest on days 27 and 28 the challenge wont work without it

Thots and Prayers
Jul 13, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Corn is trash unless it's popped.

Thots and Prayers
Jul 13, 2006

Grimey Drawer

notZaar posted:

Are you saiyan that you don't know the joy of a hot cob as a side to a summer grilled meat?

Just imagine that warm cob lying there in the sun, wrapped up with that little tassel on the top. You slowly peel off the outer layers, revealing the bumpy, fleshy tube as the intoxicating, musky scent fills your nostrils. Your mouth begins to water as you raise it, glistening with oil, to your open lips while anticipating it's salty taste. Sooooo good, you just can't get enough. Over and over you bring it to your mouth, first up one side and then down the other. Liquid dribbles from your chin but you don't care. Finally, as the cob is spent and with a warm feeling in your stomach you pull out your knife and carve yourself a nifty pipe from what remains.

Thots and Prayers
Jul 13, 2006

Grimey Drawer
If you like homeless dudes screeching incoherent poo poo at you on your morning runs then I highly recommend Seattle.

Thots and Prayers
Jul 13, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Me IRL

Thots and Prayers
Jul 13, 2006

Grimey Drawer
My masseuse told me that I remind her of Clark Kent but that's probably some 'strong guy dresses like a dweeb with glasses' neg than a humblebrag.

Thots and Prayers
Jul 13, 2006

Grimey Drawer

sassassin posted:

Where might someone go for reliable advice on what to run for a first cycle?

https://www.reddit.com/r/steroids/wiki/index

Useful.

Thots and Prayers
Jul 13, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Drunk Driver Dad posted:

All this steroid talk earlier had me wondering. I don't really want to do any kind of real steroid cycle or anything, but I"m curious about my testosterone levels. I've an opiate addict for several years, and I've been on suboxone for a little over a year now. And opiates are notorious for lowering T levels. I think I'm going to ask my doctor about it next time I see her. she's pretty cool, if she doesn't test me, I'm sure she can help me out to find out about it. If I still have a good level, I'm alright with that, but if I'm running low I wouldn't mind doing something about it.

If the doc doesn't want to test your T levels, there are a number of services out there that will do it for a fee - state and country rules permitting natch.

If you're willing to go black market but not with jabbing a needle in your rear end, look into a long term, low dose SERM like clomid. You won't get sky high levels like straight 'roids but it'll goose your testes into overdrive. YMMV, do your homework, of course.

Thots and Prayers
Jul 13, 2006

Grimey Drawer

notZaar posted:

This thread sucks now, somebody post a cool GIF or cartoon.

Thots and Prayers
Jul 13, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I'm running a 12K on Sunday - is this a distance where it's acceptable to poop yourself?

I can never remember the finer points of running etiquette...

Thots and Prayers
Jul 13, 2006

Grimey Drawer

UnfurledSails posted:

I have embraced the autism in order to stop looking like a fat gently caress. After trial and error I discovered that I can eat like 1000 calories less than my usual if I eat very little (about 100 calories) in the morning and eat larger and larger meals at set intervals until I eat my largest meal (800) about 1 hour before bedtime.

Treating eating like a spreadsheet is a tried and true winner for a lot of people. Start with your calories figured out and fit food into it with an eye towards maximizing your happiness and the business mantra of "you can't manage what you can't measure".

e: s/\"ca/\"you ca/

Thots and Prayers fucked around with this message at 03:20 on May 19, 2016

Thots and Prayers
Jul 13, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Hello Y'all,

Have you accepted Lifting with Occasional Cardio as your Lord and Savior yet? Because once I was like you - fat, weak, and pale - and now, thanks to the good graces of The Most High LWOC I am no longer weak.

Seriously though - if you can run you should. It takes a long time to get good at it but it has a lot of benefits. Also you can do events with women, always a plus.

On Sunday I ran the 12K Bay to Breakers. It was 50,000 people big, crazy costumes, naked people - admittedly mostly dudes who should not be naked but still, and right through some picturesque parts of SF.

Join us in the Shining Benevolence of the Church of LWOC, there's always a seat open for you.

Thots and Prayers
Jul 13, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Your mom

Thots and Prayers
Jul 13, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Booties posted:

I decided to cut for my honeymoon. 10 lbs from now ro June 24th. Teach me the new way, swole goons.

Might just be easier to fatten your groom.

Thots and Prayers
Jul 13, 2006

Grimey Drawer

exquisite tea posted:

all of my strength is borne from the memory of stupid things i said to girls in middle school

Just wait until you get to high school, the stupid poo poo you'll say to them then will be a never-ending source of chagrin-rage.

Thots and Prayers
Jul 13, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Say Nothing posted:

Behind every childhood prodigy is a abusive scumbag father.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Richard_Sandrak

Bobby Fischer didn't have a father, CHECKMATE

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thots and Prayers
Jul 13, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Rodenthar Drothman posted:

I just looked at my package of salami.

"Use by 2016 AUG 07"

I don't think that'll be a problem, salami.

That's a better joke, I had that same '2007' thought.

• Locked thread