Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

At night, Bavovnyatko quietly comes to the occupiers’ bases, depots, airfields, oil refineries and other places full of flammable items and starts playing with fire there
Imperial Winged Hussars. poo poo yes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

At night, Bavovnyatko quietly comes to the occupiers’ bases, depots, airfields, oil refineries and other places full of flammable items and starts playing with fire there

Pretty man spotted.

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

dex_sda posted:

I think the most depressing thing is that if you put in "Kielce pogrom" into Wikipedia you go to a disambiguation page

A few years back I was taking the Grundstufe-level German courses at my local Goethe Institut and there was a somewhat cute Polish girl in the class (she was born in Poland). Inevitably at some point a discussion of Recent German History came up, and when the inevitable subject became the Shoah... she piped up with 'well you know they really were asking for it, how they scammed and ripped off the Polish people with their profiteering' and then talked about how in each town it was some rich Jew merchant who charged exorbitant prices to the hard working Polish peasants, etc. and so while she deplored killing the Jews, they were greedy and had been leeching off the Poles for centuries.

When she slowed down to draw breath, I basically said 'Please shut up, and never bring this subject up ever again.' She was literally shocked anyone couldn't see how the Jews in Poland didn't 'ask for it'.

At one point (before this incident) she'd asked for a lift home in the rain, so I did, then she invited me upstairs 'for tea', so I went, and then I met her drug-dealer Russian boyfriend that she did not expect to find at home. After the Holocaust rant she went on and I told her to shut up, she announced at break (when I was out of the room) to the rest of the class that she was not talking to me any more because I was rude to her.

Cute, crazy, anti-Semitic, shacked up with a Russian drug-dealer. POLAND!

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

OddObserver posted:

Ukraine news: Supreme Judiciary Council refuses to fire its member accused of taking a half-million dollar brie, asks General Prosecutor's office for more evidence.

That must be some *amazing* cheese.

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

Clearly the natural choice is Elliot Higgins.

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

Brown Moses posted:

Graham Phillips managed to get himself perma-banned from Twitter

https://twitter.com/kevinrothrock/status/1065005591578451971?s=21

Russia also lost the vote on the new head of Interpol

https://twitter.com/BBCBreaking/status/1065142199204098048

This is feel-good post of the day so far

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

Альтернатива Том Клэнси заметила

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

Dawncloack posted:

I dunno, if Russia detonated a quarter of their nuclear arsenal on the ground they'd destroy the world all the same, wouldn't they?

Uh, no.

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

WAR CRIME GIGOLO posted:

MARIUPOL IS GONE HOLY loving poo poo 3 years of spouting this prediction. Hate to see it.

How is it 'gone', exactly?

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

Nitrox posted:

Strange to see BM on probation

The UKMT hive-mind is making GBS threads itself over the prospect of Labour losing the election and collectively decided he's a Tory and probed him for daring to say he was "about to vote Labour". He meant "I'm about to send in my postal ballot for Labour" but they decided he meant "I was going to vote Labour but you were mean to me so now I won't".

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

steinrokkan posted:

That's one way of describing his tirade of "just saying" that Jeremy Corbyn is a Russian spy, and then going for the famous "I was about to vote with you guys, but not any more, because you are mean to me" move from the Respectable Centrist's playbook.

Except he didn't say the latter bit, is the problem. Scroll up to his last post in *this* thread....

He got probed for not voting Labour right after voting Labour by postal vote. He literally *was* "about to vote Labour". Pointed this out to LK but his response was it would take too long to find an admin to reverse the probe...

Rust Martialis fucked around with this message at 21:18 on Dec 3, 2019

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

Communist Thoughts posted:

LOL rust doesn't like the UKMT because we make fun of him dropping into Latin all the time to try and own people

I quoted the TV show "Yes, Prime Minister" and some idiot yelled at me for using nasty foreign words.

This, however, is not the UKMT; since the explanation of BM's probe is done, let's move on.

Rust Martialis fucked around with this message at 15:16 on Dec 4, 2019

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

BM - how is your life insurance, man. Jokes aside, you must be on some unpleasant lists somewhere...

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

Brown Moses posted:

Although I'm more concerned about nutters from the internet than the GRU.

So Jose and who else?

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

Glædelig Jul!

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

I saw a comment there were TWO hits? A first hit on the right engine, then a second?

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

WAR CRIME GIGOLO posted:

Undiscovered networks still exist and operate freely in many many countries.

Several of them living inside your head

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

Camerawork courtesy Dahir Insaat

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

Jeffrey Dahmer posted:

Whats the deal with people flying this particular White/Red/White flag in Belarus?

Considering its historical usage
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Byelorussian_Central_Council

More probably

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Belarusian_People%27s_Republic

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

Flavahbeast posted:

the only source I've seen for that is The Sun interviewing a "Moscow political scientist" and "Observers who studied recent footage of Putin." It wouldn't shock me if it were true but I don't see anyone more reputable picking up the story

Jesus, the return of Kremlinology

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

GABA ghoul posted:

Borscht is overrated. There are better soups that are easier and faster to make. The only thing better about borscht is it's PR department

Beware windows on upper floors

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

aphid_licker posted:

The whole genocide against the Serbs thing in WW2 seems weirdly underreported on

By the Croats? Tito wanted to avoid the subject to avoid exactly what happened later, ethnic conflict inside Yugoslavia. And what Tito wanted, Tito got. Until no more Tito...

If you study the subject it's covered in the literature generally. I recall some mention of a Ustasha leader with a basket of eyeballs on his desk etc. IIRC the Ustasha sort of grossed out even the Nazis hunting Jews, the whole Himmler "we're not *animals*" thing.

But yeah the Shoah and the Reinhard Camps get most attention.

Ed: plus the whole rehabilitation of fascist leaders as anticommunist friends after the Cold War started up eventually led to Reagan embracing some really horrible people. I used to have the book "Old Nazis, the New Right, and the Republican Party" by Russ Bellant and it's a catalogue of horrors.

Rust Martialis fucked around with this message at 08:25 on Apr 21, 2021

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

Necronormiecon posted:

Guess what the top Russian libertarian was just arrested for.

Overdue library fines?

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

"Diplomat found dead outside Berlin embassy was Russian secret agent - Der Spiegel | Reuters"
https://www.reuters.com/world/diplomat-found-dead-outside-berlin-embassy-was-russian-secret-agent-der-spiegel-2021-11-05/

Russians and open windows, wtf.

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

WAR CRIME GIGOLO posted:

Odessa Crimea and Mariupol being capped means that the Ukrainians would have no sea routes and lose all claims to the black sea. With that the US would have less reason to be there.

Surely *this* time your prediction of the imminent fall of Mariupol *must* be correct!

(unlike all the many times you predicted it before)

Surely.

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

Xarn posted:

Actually Vasukhani convinced me. We should give nuclear weapons to Ukraine and let Russia and Ukraine sort it out between themselves.

Give them *back* to Ukraine as they already had some, and were very responsible.

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/gulag-camps-that-killed-two-million-gave-people-start-in-life-russia-declares-httw03klf

quote:

The Soviet Union’s brutal Gulag labour camps provided “a start in life” as well as food and shelter for the country’s poorest citizens, according to an article published by Russian state media that has sparked anger.

The article, published by the RIA Novosti news agency, admitted that there were “downsides” to life in the notoriously harsh camps, but praised them for allowing people to drag themselves out of poverty.

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

a podcast for cats posted:

A propos of Clancychat, I had this Frederic Forsyth paperback from the late 1990s about a extreme right wing nationalist starting to become influential in Russia and Western intelligence services reacting by orchestrating an unlikely alliance of the Orthodox Church, Chechen mafia, an oligarch and another stakeholder I cannot remember right now to restore monarchy. I wonder how well that would have aged by now.

Sounds like a CK3 mod

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

Somaen posted:

The situation is completely different to 2014, an invasion now would be completely unhinged

Scenario dovetails with the poster predicting it.

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

Al-Saqr posted:

Maybe they can make a trade, Ukraine gets to join nato while cuba and Venezuela get to have massive Chinese/Russian military bases and nukes and missile platforms.

"Upper Volta with rockets."

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

Kremlinology II: Putin Boogaloo

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

Grape posted:

*slowly turns to intensely stare at WAR CRIMES GIGOLO*

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

Vasukhani posted:

There is a huge difference between saying something will happen and something is good. Do you think doctors who diagnose cancer are pro-cancer?

I think people who slavishly support Russian aggression are pro-cancer.

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

You remember what the Spanish flu did to armies in 1919? Troops in the field and omicron are going to be ugly.

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

Scandinavians can play too - Danish "Russian Salad"

2-3 cooked beets
3-4 pickled cucumbers
1 apple
1 small red onion
2 tbsp. capers
3-4 cooked potatoes
2 tbsp. grated horseradish
ca. 3-4 dl mayonnaise
ca. 1 dl creme fraiche

I would not eat this abomination

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

Next up on Danish 'Salads"

Italiensk Salat

200 g carrots
Canola/rapeseed oil
200 g Fine peas, deep frozen
1 Shallot
1 dl. Plain yoghurt or skyr
1 dl. Creme fraiche
2 tbsp. Mayonnaise
1 Lemon
1 bundle parsley
Salt
Pepper

Serve on buttered dark rye bread and thin sliced ham.

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

WAR CRIME GIGOLO posted:

Well folks the invasion is happening. The 45th Guards have landed in designated areas and are currently sabotaging rail networks and bridges while Heavy fighting occurs in kharkov, dnipro and Mariupol.

Just kidding. Another boring day in Ukraines existential crisis.

What's your other hand doing?

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

Whorelord posted:

East Ossetia

Baja Omsk

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

khwarezm posted:

What are the progressive values that Ukraine has shown itself to safeguard that Russia does not?

Not invading other countries would be one off the top. Oh, and not shooting down civilian airliners. Not murdering journalists. Not murdering political opponents with polonium or nerve agents.

I mean seriously, what?

Rust Martialis fucked around with this message at 18:34 on Jan 7, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

khwarezm posted:

I mean, in terms of murder this went down and lets be honest, the neo-Nazis pretty much got away with killing more than 40 people:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2014_Odessa_clashes

This really just amplifies how much loving worse Russia is when this is the worst thing Putin apologists can come up with.