Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Akion
May 7, 2006
Grimey Drawer

Blacktoll posted:

I just realized it's launch day is a Tuesday. gently caress.

Pretty much any game ever launches on a Tuesday.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Akion
May 7, 2006
Grimey Drawer
I enjoy shooting things in the face and seeing large numbers appear over their head. If I get a new gun, I play with it and if the numbers are bigger/faster I keep it and if they aren't I sell it.

And thus I've avoided playing Excel Simulator outside of the office.

Akion
May 7, 2006
Grimey Drawer
Friendly reminder for anyone getting screwed by Ubi's 'Murica Only policy on the Agent Origins stuff, if you PM me your platform I'll do my best to get you a code.

Akion
May 7, 2006
Grimey Drawer

Dial A For Awesome posted:

I don't have PM's but I'd be super grateful if America could save my British rear end again by emailing me an Agent Origins code for the PC. My throwaway address is: Moonbasealan@mail.com

Finally I will be able to live the dream of being a heavily armed paramedic, blasting medicine into patients with my AR15.

If that address is accurate, you should have the code in your inbox.

Akion
May 7, 2006
Grimey Drawer
Really? The folks I've gotten keys said they worked.

Akion
May 7, 2006
Grimey Drawer
They are retailer-specific preorder bonuses outside North America.

Akion
May 7, 2006
Grimey Drawer
Yeah, that seems a bit strange to me.

Akion
May 7, 2006
Grimey Drawer

LCL-Dead posted:

Normal aesthetic gear aside, how long do you think it will be before we ditch the weapons/backpacks provided via the key or via preorder?

I can't see these things being worth a drat after more than 30-40 minutes of average gameplay.

Yeah, my starting gun and backpack were gone 2 levels into the beta. I'd say the cosmetics are the only ones that would carry over longer. Gear-wise I get the feeling it's going to be "Get to max level of relevant DZ tier, farm DZ for gear,level, rinse, repeat".

Akion
May 7, 2006
Grimey Drawer
I was kind of surprised there weren't helmets and such as well. Then again, it was a beta so who knows.

Akion
May 7, 2006
Grimey Drawer
There is a 300+ post thread in the Steam forums of people bitching about us being able to shoot dogs.

It's exactly as dumb as you would expect.

Akion
May 7, 2006
Grimey Drawer

CrashCat posted:

Well, I try to keep it fair, I don't just murder dogs, I also knock over every cone on the street and melee all the bottles and poo poo sitting out on counters. I'm determined to play this like Diablo with guns and that means destroying everything that doesn't fight back.

I shoot every car I walk past.

Akion
May 7, 2006
Grimey Drawer

WASDF posted:

I really hated the skiddish civilians. Walking by them would make them cower, sprinting everywhere as I was sent them bolting into alleyways screaming "WHAAAATS GOING ON!?!!".

Well I mean consider the context. The vast majority of the armed people they encounter are either looters, escaped cons, or psychos with flamethrowers. Odds are overwhelmingly against you not being there to murder them over a pack of cigarettes.

Akion
May 7, 2006
Grimey Drawer

thebushcommander posted:

I shot out nearly every tire that wasn't already flat, it was good fun. Also I killed all the dags

Using a silenced sniper rifle to pop tires as people walked by them in the Dark Zone was enjoyable.

Akion
May 7, 2006
Grimey Drawer

Snuffman posted:

Nonsense!

I'm going to kill them for their trendy puffy hat!

The Division really is the fifth evil faction, murdering people over fashion accessories.

Akion
May 7, 2006
Grimey Drawer

Ice Fist posted:

lol at the "Can I look at someone and know if they are a douche" question and thank God Ubisoft basically said "No"

Popped Collars confirmed not in game.

Akion
May 7, 2006
Grimey Drawer

Rabble posted:

Call in an extraction for this keg of artisan locally sourced craft beer Toilet Wine.

Akion
May 7, 2006
Grimey Drawer
Ubi has a lot of F2P stuff on Steam. Any of that give points?

Akion
May 7, 2006
Grimey Drawer
You can get Uplay stuff now on the website.

Broker outfit is 40 uBucks.

Akion
May 7, 2006
Grimey Drawer

Dark_Swordmaster posted:

If I learned one thing about cosmetics from The Secret World it's that hundreds of people will pay $2 for a loving in-game horse head mask. And I am one of them.

God I hope this game supports ruining others' immersion.

If I can't get this skin for my Go Bag, I am gonna be sad.

Akion
May 7, 2006
Grimey Drawer

LCL-Dead posted:

Mmk, gots ma broker outfit.

What should I spend these other 30 credits on?

Weapon skin.

Akion
May 7, 2006
Grimey Drawer

Slanderer posted:

I still hate making the decision between playing multiplayer games on the console vs. the PC. Obviously the PC will look better, but the usual issues are:

1. PC version has rampant cheating
2. PC players are at a strong disadvantage unless they use mouse+keyboard

Hopefully the cheating shouldn't be as bad as Dark Souls (for example), but it's still completely hosed:
http://www.gamespot.com/articles/the-division-pc-beta-is-easy-to-hack-update/1100-6434364/

I've been using a controller + a big TV for years down, and I almost never go to my computer desk because that corner of my uninsulated apartment is cold as balls in the winter.

Is it reasonable just to go straight to the PS4 version and call it a day?

They've already stated all their anti-hack stuff was off for the beta specifically so they could catch this stuff early. They are using fairfight, which is pretty drat good at catching cheat/hacks.

Akion
May 7, 2006
Grimey Drawer

BexGu posted:

I do kind of wonder how it will be in the DZ as a lone guy being basic easy prey for any 4 person group. Hopefully the servers keep a good balance between loners and grouped people.

I mostly rolled solo in the DZ during the beta. I think I had two people try to gank me and neither one succeeded.

Akion
May 7, 2006
Grimey Drawer

Pivit posted:

Some might want one character to play on their own, then one they play with friends so everyone is levelling up at the same time. Once you are 30 that won't matter, but for leveling up I can see it.

In the beta you would only get to loot certain cosmetic stashes once. You'd find a random apartment, get a piece of clothing, and then could not loot it again on that character. Since clothing is shared between characters you could create an alt to loot those places again and also to help out civilians, getting more stuff to wear.

Are the civilians in need finite or do they just keep recurring?

Akion
May 7, 2006
Grimey Drawer

BARONS CYBER SKULL posted:

What's everyone's favorite irl gun to shoot innocent people with to get their pants?

A Lorcin, of course.

Akion
May 7, 2006
Grimey Drawer

Badfinger posted:

Kyoon? Is that you?

I've been using the Siberia 2 for at least 5 years. REALLY comfy and adjustable, pretty durable. I had to buy a mic/headset splitter to use it with my PS4, but that was no big deal.

Do you have any issues with yours being really, really sensitive?

Like, mine picks up the slightest background noise.

Akion
May 7, 2006
Grimey Drawer

shankerz posted:

Just a reminder if your outside of USA and want the 4x DLC (Agent Origins) that USA gets for free send me a PM, i will make a fake account for you and send you back the CD KEY, 22 done so far!

Ubi has indicated this method won't work.

Akion
May 7, 2006
Grimey Drawer

shankerz posted:

it has worked so far, have friends that show the keys were successfully added in UK and Singapore? so unless there blocking them now? Can you link your source please?

Yeah, they indicated that when the game actually launches, it will check your IP against it and if it's not an N/A IP it won't work.

I mean, they could be lying out their rear end, who knows.

Akion
May 7, 2006
Grimey Drawer

shankerz posted:

Guessing this could be easily circumvented by a VPN to newyork or something? there are ton of free VPN's

http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1374222-Free-NYC-PD-NYC-FD-PARAMEDIC-and-new-HUNTER-Outfits?p=11349430&viewfull=1#post11349430

Akion
May 7, 2006
Grimey Drawer
I never update my display drivers unless I'm having issues. It's saved me a lot of grief.

Akion
May 7, 2006
Grimey Drawer
Ugh. The game unlocks at 10PM for me tonight and I'm having an internal debate on whether I should stay up til 2AM playing, or just go to bed early and play before work tomorrow.

Akion
May 7, 2006
Grimey Drawer

SneakyFrog posted:

You feel sickly, and clearly not competent for work.

Like a responsible adult.

I work from home, so...

Realistically if I get all my poo poo done today, I'll probably only need to work 4 hours tomorrow and I get paid the same.

Akion
May 7, 2006
Grimey Drawer

Handsome Ralph posted:

I'm still torn on whether I want to get this for PS4 or PC.

Did they ever end up clarifying if PC stuff wasn't going to be client side for drops and such? I just remember hearing something vague about the PC version letting people gently caress around with client side files so they could more a less cheat.

Most stuff is client-side, but it uses fairfight so if you cheat yourself a gun with 1,000,000 DPS you will still get banned.

Akion
May 7, 2006
Grimey Drawer

Flavahbeast posted:

So is this basically online multiplayer S.T.A.L.K.E.R. set in nyc?

Not really, but now I really want a S.T.A.L.K.E.R. MMO...

Akion
May 7, 2006
Grimey Drawer

Zaphod42 posted:

Yeah pretty much, although a 3rd person cover shooter instead of a pure FPS.

Eh, its closer to STALKER MMO than it is to Destiny IMO.

And if you really want a STALKER MMO, there's several companies trying to do pretty much that... but seems they're all struggling.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/316390/

http://store.steampowered.com/app/355840/

http://www.pcgamer.com/escape-from-tarkov-is-a-hardcore-mmo-with-shades-of-stalker/

etc. etc. etc.

That Escape from Tarkov looks really cool. Shame it'll probably never come out. :(

Akion
May 7, 2006
Grimey Drawer

MagnumOpus posted:

Whereas you have just been shitposting about hacks consistently.

I added him to my ignore list and the quality of this thread improved significantly.

Akion
May 7, 2006
Grimey Drawer

Welp! I know what my Gimmick is gonna be.

Akion
May 7, 2006
Grimey Drawer
Oh yay. 20 minutes of unpacking.

Akion
May 7, 2006
Grimey Drawer
Hmmm. Servers seem to be having some issues.

Guess I'll just call it a night.

Akion
May 7, 2006
Grimey Drawer
Anyone have issues where the scope keeps vanishing off their sniper rifle when switching weapons? It annoyed me enough that I sold my SCAR and now I have a scope stuck in my inventory that I can't sell...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Akion
May 7, 2006
Grimey Drawer

Knifegrab posted:

So what are people's thoughts after putting more time into the game?

I've sunk about 6 hours into it or so. I am not blown away. Its fun sure but it's sitting at around a 7/10 for me.

I'm enjoying it so far. Shoot and loot people in post-swine-flu NYC. Does exactly what it says on the tin.

• Locked thread