Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
a messed up horse
Mar 11, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

katkillad2 posted:

Edit: Why the gently caress is this website correcting x b o n e into Xbox One?

Click on me,
And you'll be
In a world of massive retardation

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a messed up horse
Mar 11, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
"it's not cancelled!" i continue to insist as i transform into a deku nut

a messed up horse
Mar 11, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

well why not posted:

At the absolute worse case scenario, Switch is a mario / zelda box that doens't take up too much room. Everything over that is a bonus.

the last great Zelda game was 14 years ago, though

a messed up horse
Mar 11, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

HyperPuma posted:

so the nintendo switch is the new home of japanese dating sims and early access survival games?

well now you sold me on it

a messed up horse
Mar 11, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

Fulchrum posted:

You do understand that Peach is not a real person, right?

wtf

a messed up horse
Mar 11, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

Jonas Albrecht posted:

I want a docudrama called Yamauchi's Nintendo.

It's not the same but The Ultimate History of Video Games by Steven Kent has both a corny name and all the anecdotes you could ever want about Yamauchi and everybody else who touched a videogame company starting in the mid-1970s

a messed up horse
Mar 11, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
Jim Sterling is good

a messed up horse
Mar 11, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

Dr Cheeto posted:

Word is that if you set a NES classic alight as an offering and breathe deeply of the fumes that the ghost of Satoru Iwata will visit you in your dreams and reveal the release date of the next installment of the Nintendo series you love the most.

i tried this but the ghost of Yamauchi showed up and knocked over all my furniture

a messed up horse
Mar 11, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
if you hate dolphins i feel really bad for you

a messed up horse
Mar 11, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

Jonas Albrecht posted:

I loving love kebab meats.

if you love them so much why don't you preorder them

a messed up horse
Mar 11, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
it's a shame videogames is going to be probated forever, but that's the law

a messed up horse
Mar 11, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

Soul Glo posted:

It's alright

In all honesty I can think of maybe five N64 games I'd have fun playing today and most of those have versions on consoles without a terrible controller

Like, the two Zelda games, Mario, Star Fox 64, Wave Race and maybe Ken Griffey Presents MLB but I haven't played that last one since the 90s

I liked the idea of going back to Blast Corps and Banjo Kazooie but Rare Replay kinda cleared any nostalgia curiosity for those out of me.

Those 64 games just don't hold up. Trying to play Goldeneye on that controller now just feels crazy.

Paper Mario was on N64

a messed up horse
Mar 11, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

Dr Cheeto posted:

I've heard this number thrown around a bit, where'd it come from?

everyone with a pure heart knows this number

a messed up horse
Mar 11, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

Cyron posted:

ya but how would i be the coolest 12 year old on the block if i can't show off my achievements in this anime fighting game.

anime fighting game merit badge

a messed up horse
Mar 11, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

Infinitum posted:

I just hope the online and store functions are good :cripes:

there's hope and then there's wishful thinking

a messed up horse
Mar 11, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

youcallthatatwist posted:

Do you mean enthusiast or the common man? If the internals are so cheap that its only $200 I will certainly not be ordering it this coming Thursday. As an "enthusiast" I don't buy things just because they are cheap and exist. I buy them because they provide me with what I need. Buying things just because they are cheap sounds more like the average consumer.

---TheLawlessMan, redditor

don't dox me

a messed up horse
Mar 11, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

Infinitum posted:

I'M NOT EVEN GONNA TIMG THIS CAUSE YOU ALL KNOW IT'S REAL

i'm stoked for Slopes

a messed up horse
Mar 11, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

Monkey Fracas posted:

I love the GBA micro

the GBA SP was perfect

a messed up horse
Mar 11, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
does this thing have Overwatch yet

a messed up horse
Mar 11, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

wanna meet that posting buddy :3:

a messed up horse
Mar 11, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

:kimchi: Rusty :kimchi:

a messed up horse
Mar 11, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
i don't know if you guys need to worry too much about those preorders

a messed up horse
Mar 11, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

ColonelJohnMatrix posted:

Most of the presentation seemed lame but Mario Odyssey and Zelda look incredible. Spla2oon will also probably own.

:yeah: i'm looking forward to getting one for holiday 2017...

a messed up horse
Mar 11, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

this is Nintendo's greatest crime

a messed up horse
Mar 11, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

pixaal posted:

Honestly miiverse is kind of messed up for older titles. My Nephew was playing Super Mario 3D world and a crude picture of a penis came up on the TV over the holidays. Kid is like 5 years old and it was very awkward. He just complained about the loading time and seemed to not notice while every one else in the room got really silent.

To properly moderate miiVerse is likely not cheap.

I bet! if only there were a new income stream for online stuff that Nintendo could use to pay for such a thing

a messed up horse
Mar 11, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

Mulva posted:

Why wouldn't you want everything to be good? It can be, if you lower your standards enough.

This is art.

a messed up horse
Mar 11, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

MechaSeinfeld posted:

At least I can always bet on developers giving up on trying to implement the consoles features a year in they did with the wii u so motion controls won't even be a problem unless you wanna revisit MILK or ARMS or BALL COUNT.

excuse me, the name is Count Balls, and i wish it was my name too

a messed up horse
Mar 11, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

Neurotic Roleplay posted:

i didnt get a wii u and i am excited for the switch. theres myhot take

who is paying you to say this??

a messed up horse
Mar 11, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

Macaluso posted:

So like is Utnayan a gimmick or sincere or both or what

he's the bringer of Truth to the games forum.

a messed up horse
Mar 11, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
i'm actually surprised it doesn't clip a centimeter off my thumbs every time i press a button! wow nintendo is killing it!

a messed up horse
Mar 11, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

trash person posted:

I'm waffling on if I want to get Switch games digitally or physically. I'm ardent against getting discs since they take up so much room/get scratched more easily. Plus the Switch carts are tinier, can be more easily stored.

Not to mention that thinking about it if the Switch does end up having enough games I'd probably end up having to buy multiple SD cards.

Ughhh

You're going to be paying for physical media one way or another. Either carts or SD cards since the Switch has so little storage.

a messed up horse
Mar 11, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

Fulchrum posted:

I still can't believe you people are excited for a new Bomberman. It's Pacinkonami. They fired everyone who ever worked there who had talwnt and game design skills. The game WILL be a train wreck.

Fun Konami Fact: the dude who made Gyruss went to his boss there and asked for a raise, so they fired him. He went to Capcom and made 1942. And then Final Fight. And then Street Fighter II.

a messed up horse
Mar 11, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

Jarogue posted:

So what well happen to the games if they stop supporting online with PS3 and you can't re sub anymore. I'm pretty sure a lot of the good games haven't been moved to the PS4 PSN yet.

You can resub on the web, don't need to have a PS3 to do that. It's a Sony-wide thing, not just for one console.

a messed up horse
Mar 11, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
i've got Nintendo fever, and the only cure is fewer video games

a messed up horse
Mar 11, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
Donkey Kong invented Mario so he's just returning to his roots

a messed up horse
Mar 11, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

TVs Ian posted:

I'm not familiar with the game, but a port of Constructor will be a launch title. Probably on the eShop.

That was one of my favorite computer games from the late 90s. It's neat, but I hope they update some things so it doesn't feel quite so ancient.

a messed up horse
Mar 11, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

Parrotine posted:

The gently caress is up with the thread title? They just dropped a new system, what's with the doom and gloom, did I miss an article or something?

It's dead on arrival, mate

a messed up horse
Mar 11, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

Mill Village posted:

Nintendo's refurbs are basically new. You can't go wrong with one.

Yeah I just got one in the mail today. It's nice.

a messed up horse
Mar 11, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

Fhate posted:

They were new when we bought them. They were a Mario & Luigi special edition, though, so maybe that's why the came with them.

Or do you mean "new" as in "new 3DS". Cause they're just regular 3DSXL's.

Nintendo is good at naming things so as to avoid confusion

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a messed up horse
Mar 11, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
Cool, let's double-down on using slurs because it's convenient. Good call.

• Locked thread