Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

You know they say that all demons are created equal, but you look at me and you look at Pyro Jack and you can see that statement is not true, hee-ho!
Nintendo makes good and fun video games.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

You know they say that all demons are created equal, but you look at me and you look at Pyro Jack and you can see that statement is not true, hee-ho!
Monopolies are great. See: The board game Monopoly.

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

late '90s

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

HMS Boromir posted:

videogames are good, but the hardware they are played on is bad

Agreed.

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

Bass Bottles posted:

This thread is a paved parking lot outside a Whole Foods that's still 2 months away from opening and people are complaining about kids using it to play dodge ball.

Be glad they stopped using your driveway, ya Grampas and Grandmas!!!

Also some other kids came by to talk about how lovely dodge ball is and that street hockey is objectively more fun due to sales of street hockey equipment.

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

It's a good metaphor because it's not a car metaphor

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

lol if you think last guardian is being released

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

greatn posted:

It's really weird, I feel like Sony games and to a larger extent indie games, though many are very good, have been getting a real loving pass by reviewers. Everything that comes out is goty.

Sony first-party IPs need to build up their reputation hardcore so that the next time they do a Smash Bros. knock-off they aren't scrambling for potential characters such as Fat Princess and Guy From Killzone. And then maybe they'll get better third-party characters besides Big Daddy from timed-exclusive Xbox 360 game BioShock and the Dante nobody wanted.

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

MechaCrash posted:

If the NX lacks an optical drive, then that means there isn't going to be backward compatibility with the Wii U. Which I think is a shame, especially because Nintendo was so good about BC these past few gens, but oh well.

If this generation of consoles has taught us anything, it's that backwards compatibility is pointless when people are more than willing to buy "Remastered" ports of last generation games that they've already played through with no problem whatsoever, even if it's only been like a year or two since it was originally released.

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

I hope it's as powerful as the most powerful high-end gaming PC but cheaper than a PlayStation TV. How hard can it be to design a console, just browse Newegg for parts

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

Yeah I can see third-party devs half-rear end porting their games to the NX for the first year before dropping it entirely.

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

An i7-6700K and two GTX 1080s in SLI w/ 32 GB DDR4 RAM, at an easy $150 USD. That's all Nintendo needs to win the war. Hire me Nintendo, I know how to Newegg a console up.

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

Do you live on a riverboat on the Mississippi River?

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

Instant Sunrise posted:

• buying a used NES off of craigslist/ebay as well as a decent composite to HDMI scaler (good luck finding one that doesn't stretch the video horizontally) – ~$30 for the NES, and about $50 for the scaler

You could also probably just get a CRT TV and save about $50. Maybe somebody will give theirs away.

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

Nintendo Entertainment System One

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

Nintendo just needs to design the perfect controller: a GameCube controller but with a keyboard. Also, add a mouse.

Already half way there.

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

Video games are fun. But what's even more fun than playing video games is the 2560 CUDA® cores that you can only find on NVIDIA’s new flagship graphics card, the GEFORCE® GTX 1080, now with PASCAL, the world’s most advanced GPU architecture!

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

Germstore posted:

Titan X-Pascal or you're a casual.

Can't deny that. With 12 GB of GDDR5X memory and 11 TFLOPs of brute force, the NVIDIA TITAN X is the ultimate graphics card!

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

Nintendo's position in the market matters more to me than how fun their video games are, because I put my faith in them during this season's Fantasy Console Warrioring League at GameFAQs.

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

Raserys posted:

I thought the gamecube was a failure though? Like on the level of wii u doomspeak

Everything Nintendo makes is a failure. Except for the SNES, unless you were a Genesis fanboy in the 16-bit era.

Nintendo was at it's best when [whenever you were 12] and bad at all other times.

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

ONE YEAR LATER posted:

If you don't understand why you should be interested in the NX wth are you doing wasting our time and eyeballs posting in the NX thread :mad:

Warn everybody that they can get third-party games and better hardware by buying a gaming PC PS4 because it's powerful but not confusing and scary and $5,000 that I still believe gaming PCs are valued at.

But wait for the next version of the PS4 to get the most RAMs and TFLOPs.

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

Sega doing the surprise Saturn release at E3 1995 was bad mostly because it was E3 1995, not E3 2015 in the age of streaming videos and up-to-the-minute game news. They also failed to inform a lot of developers and retailers that it was going to be released earlier than the September '95 launch date.

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

greatn posted:

You play PC exclusive games on PS4, or PS4 exclusive games on PC?

You play PS3 games on PS4 or PC or I guess a Sony smart TV via NotOnLive. At $19.99 per month, you could probably save more money buying a cheap rear end PS3 and pick up a ton of games for under $10 a piece.

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

Polo-Rican posted:

One of my friends just traded in his Wii u for an Xbox one. Please post mean things about him so I can show him your comments (he is not a goon)

Could've gotten a PC with Windows 10 instead I guess. Same as an Xbox One but like you can run Steam on it. And unlike Xbox One, Steam has games.

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

Super No Vacancy posted:

I agree with S. Buckley

What a loss

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

Open world games, super-linear first-person shooters, "press X to Jason," $60 + DLC Season Pass Movie Experience, these are the real video games. By Gamers for Gamers™

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

Cross-posting from the Steam thread, the NX is a Steam Machine

http://store.steampowered.com/app/517030/?snr=1_7_7_230_150_2

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

27 years ago, the Sega Genesis was released, dooming Nintendo for all eternity. Here's to another 27 years of Nintendo being doomed.

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

The Xbox needed a Dodge Ram, to haul it around (it's huge)

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

Instant Sunrise posted:

i have a 3ds and a wii u.

both of them are very good systems

the nx will also be a good game system.

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

Perhaps you all remember Nintendo's most famous M-rated game? It was on the Gamecube, a bit of a cult classic? That's right, I'm talking about Geist.

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

Great Joe posted:

Well, there's several sound effects that sound identical to their Mario equivalents.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a-1_9-z9rbY

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

BillmasterCozb posted:

why does every nintendo thread always veer off into some horrible poo poo that will probably get it closed

Only real games are allowed to have normal discussions, such as MOBAs

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

I'm neither a millennial nor a gen-x'er, but rather part of the Oregon Trail Generation. Game on.

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

sout posted:

You must watch some pretty loving brutal wrestling

The Nintendo Bucklebomb will be so good, might end a few careers.

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

The Switch will have something for everyone. Good games like Mario and Splatoon, and buggy games like Skyrim.

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

Alucard Nacirema posted:

Because Nintendo wants to win back gamer cred by focusing on Zelda and N64 nostalgia

If they really wanted to win back gamer cred they should've shown Madden and Call of Duty. There are people nostalgic for those games, probably

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

greatn posted:

I saw a friend run Overwatch on his Surface, not built for gaming at all.

Should've got it on the Shield

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

I use a cord extender attached to the console and hook up the other end to a breakout box installed on the wall. Then I installed controller ports all over the house, about five feet apart from one another, so I can connect a wired controller anywhere in the house. I do the same with electrical outlets all over my lovely house.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

Waltzing Along posted:

4 & 32 gigs of RAM, huh?

loving LOL. Guess it will be Nintendo all the way down again. No multi-plats.

32 GB of RAM will be plenty to install at least one multiplat game, actually, according to GAF

• Locked thread