Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TopHatGenius
Oct 3, 2008

something feels
different

Hot Rope Guy
"This game will unlock in approximately 12 hours"

I'm hyperventilating.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TopHatGenius
Oct 3, 2008

something feels
different

Hot Rope Guy

more

hour

Why can't this be out already?

TopHatGenius
Oct 3, 2008

something feels
different

Hot Rope Guy
1 MINUTE COME ON

TopHatGenius
Oct 3, 2008

something feels
different

Hot Rope Guy
Unpacking.

ETA

1 Day.

Come the gently caress ooooon...

TopHatGenius
Oct 3, 2008

something feels
different

Hot Rope Guy
FEEBLE CURSED ONE!

TopHatGenius
Oct 3, 2008

something feels
different

Hot Rope Guy
I did too. I had a great time watching an invader take on the world (giant seed) and then he Steam dies.

TopHatGenius
Oct 3, 2008

something feels
different

Hot Rope Guy
God this game is great. And soo violent. Praise the Soup.

TopHatGenius
Oct 3, 2008

something feels
different

Hot Rope Guy
So what seems to be the most OP abused weapons right now? I'm not taking about Farons's Greatsword because that poo poo gets outclassed fast. I'm using a Heavy Dark Sword. It has the AR of Greatsword with me being able to attack 6 times in a row.

TopHatGenius
Oct 3, 2008

something feels
different

Hot Rope Guy

That is hilarious.

The only boss bugs I've come across a non-responsive Abyss Watchers, Wolnir, and Pontiff. They just slide around like morons and don't do a single thing so I hack at them till ded.

TopHatGenius
Oct 3, 2008

something feels
different

Hot Rope Guy

Babe Magnet posted:

The limit seems to be falls that would kill you no matter what your health is, which there doesn't seem to be too many of outside of bottomless pits. Nice!

I found this out the hard way. I thought I could jump off anything.

Turns out I cannot jump off everything.

TopHatGenius
Oct 3, 2008

something feels
different

Hot Rope Guy

Spooky Bear Ghost posted:

Some dude just black crystalled me out after we got to the second part of sully? :confused:

People who do this poo poo are the worst.

I've ran with a few people who would black crystal me away after I got them to the boss door. :mad:

TopHatGenius
Oct 3, 2008

something feels
different

Hot Rope Guy

This crap is becoming the bane of PVPing.

I've even gotten myself an Estoc to counter other Estoc-ers.

TopHatGenius
Oct 3, 2008

something feels
different

Hot Rope Guy
I'm noticing a new trend in PvP. Dudes with Greatshields and some sort of buffed Estoc.

loving. Annoying. Thankfully that kick ring exists so I can kick their shield and murder them with my own Estoc (that I only resort to whenever I duel another Estoc player)

TopHatGenius
Oct 3, 2008

something feels
different

Hot Rope Guy

Zaphod42 posted:

:vince: there are no words for poo poo like this

So this isn't a fluke. On my first playthrough I got invaded twice in the area with all the archers leading up to Anor Londo. When I thought my summoned helper killed off the invader, I did the Patches Squat gesture. At the same time an archer shoots an greatarrow that soars right over my head and directly nails the invader who just ran up a ramp and then to his death.

All the little things in Dark Souls 3 make it just that much worth while.

TopHatGenius
Oct 3, 2008

something feels
different

Hot Rope Guy

Samfucius posted:

120k Souls, just gone, like dust in the wind...

Report back again after you lose over 600k souls. :suicide:

TopHatGenius
Oct 3, 2008

something feels
different

Hot Rope Guy

Nuebot posted:

Is this sword available at all in the game as a usable weapon? It looks rad as hell.

As a poster said earlier, this is indeed the Lothric Knight Sword. Looks badass and I'm going to for sure use this on my next playthrough.

TopHatGenius
Oct 3, 2008

something feels
different

Hot Rope Guy

NESguerilla posted:

I can safely say I don't understand invasion mechanics in this one. I went back to the pond in NG+ and got invaded like crazy by the worst estus chugging dorks I have ever seen and just mowed them all down. The red guys were obviously invaders, and I think the blue guys are the wolf covenant, but they kept emoting/running off/chugging after I started hitting them I have no idea what was going on? Either way, I've never killed 3 invaders at once by myself and I felt pretty badass, so i hung out there for like 45 minutes and no one else bit. Was really hoping for more action.

Does that wolf covenant ignore levels? I kind of couldn't believe how easy it was to kill everyone that invaded me. Also how to I make that keep happening?

Sounds like you got invaded by idiots who thought they were invincible since they were in NG+.

And I've fought a lot of dumbs like that in NG who chug, run off, and emote. Normally they're pretty bad and mostly resort to the bait you into enemy formations tactic.

TopHatGenius
Oct 3, 2008

something feels
different

Hot Rope Guy
So NG PVP post final boss has been a lot of "meta" best build however in NG+ and higher everyone just resorts to whatever because everyone has max HP and Stamina.

I've been having too much fun with a Greatsword and Iron Flesh Pyromancy. No one ever expects Iron Flesh because everyone starts attacking hard when I start walking slowly but because my immense Iron Flesh poise plus Hyper Armor with Greatswords I can muscle through any sort of attack short of two-handed ultra great attacks. With this I can kill most people and other players get clearly demoralized after getting hit a ton of times with me constantly moving forward.

TopHatGenius
Oct 3, 2008

something feels
different

Hot Rope Guy

Mazed posted:

I plan on doing the Brigand Twindaggers with assorted buffs on my NG++ run, assuming I take it that far. Might even see if Flynn's Ring can be something other than worthless. I could start a new character but, even though NG+ isn't as cool as it was in DS2, it's very nice having absolutely every option available out the gate.

Anyway, I'm not clownishly monstrous, shame on me, but I have accomplished my objective of looking frightfully melty.

The Warden Twinblades are vastly superior to the Old Wolf Curved Greatsword, and when buffed and Carthus Rouge'd they're basically the I WIN button, but that sword is very important for my look so it stays. :colbert:

I also did this. I was feeling so "in the moment" that I even did a bow gesture. I'm sure the guy appreciated it as he proceeded to fry me.

I'm also having lots of fun with a Hollow infused Warden Twinblade and going 40 with DEX/LUCK. The damage is fairly low but once I get one solid spin in, it wrecks everyone. It's pretty hilarious to see people just play it super safe after I shaved off almost all their health in a single combo.

TopHatGenius
Oct 3, 2008

something feels
different

Hot Rope Guy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=opdjKdvu-Wg

So we have this and the Sacred Flame bug as well.

We should have some sort of From Software emote like we do for CCP. :ccp:

TopHatGenius
Oct 3, 2008

something feels
different

Hot Rope Guy

Blacktoll posted:

Yeah I know where it is dude. I just wanna play with it earlier.

You could also have a friend who already has it (and isn't using it) to drop it for you. It's how I got my Twin Princes's Greatsword in NG.

TopHatGenius
Oct 3, 2008

something feels
different

Hot Rope Guy

Blacktoll posted:

Who cares?

Alright.

Deified Data posted:

I had a ton on my first character and barely any on subsequent ones. I think people just stop rating messages after the first few weeks.

Yeah when I first went through the game, I left notes everywhere, read everything, and rated everything too.

I think even on my first character in NG+ I just stopped caring. And it shows. Hardly the same volume of messages as before.

TopHatGenius fucked around with this message at 00:39 on May 27, 2016

TopHatGenius
Oct 3, 2008

something feels
different

Hot Rope Guy

Cyberventurer posted:

Hacker invades a streamer as a Nameless King "miniboss", even fakes a phase change when he's brought below half health. :allears:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BrbTSHRIhmg&t=523s

That's soo cool.

I'd love it if one of the DLC's allowed players to become a boss ala Demon's Souls but a lot more...boss-y. Like maybe the player becomes huge, gets unique skills, and maybe has some sort of a cooldown on some skills.

TopHatGenius
Oct 3, 2008

something feels
different

Hot Rope Guy

MarshyMcFly posted:

AHHHHHHH just got so HYPED for this game again!!! PVP arena is gonna be LIT!!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IDUuLtxrWzM

Holy poo poo is that FFA PVP?

TopHatGenius
Oct 3, 2008

something feels
different

Hot Rope Guy
ALL Dark Souls 2 DLC have huge poise values and are mostly vulnerable to melee. Get a big heavy strength weapon and breeze through them.

TopHatGenius
Oct 3, 2008

something feels
different

Hot Rope Guy

Shoehead posted:

So uh... I own the season pass, but not...any DLC

Getting reports of Season Pass holders not getting any DLC (including myself)

TopHatGenius
Oct 3, 2008

something feels
different

Hot Rope Guy
It's confirmed that it is the holders of the deluxe version who are getting screwed (the special pre-release that came with the soundtrack + season pass).

I'm not too annoyed but I hope they manage to sort this quickly.

TopHatGenius
Oct 3, 2008

something feels
different

Hot Rope Guy
edit: I take back what I said, the DLC is now downloading.

TopHatGenius fucked around with this message at 23:57 on Oct 24, 2016

TopHatGenius
Oct 3, 2008

something feels
different

Hot Rope Guy
Jesus the last boss of the DLC...best boss I've faced in this game. What a beast.

TopHatGenius
Oct 3, 2008

something feels
different

Hot Rope Guy
I discovered something amazing about Friede's Great Scythe. Directly after doing the R2 weapon art which makes the ice, you can directly chain into the second R1 weapon art animation. With some good baiting I've been able to get people caught in the combo while the ice detonates. The result is the huge damage of the ice detonation + the final hit of the R1 combo which equals to almost a kill against super armored enemies in one combo. It isn't as overpowered as the Follower Sabre but it looks stylish as gently caress.

TopHatGenius
Oct 3, 2008

something feels
different

Hot Rope Guy

Sperglord Firecock posted:

https://youtu.be/C0krBUOu31w

is it bad for me to say that i hope this guy doesnt get popular, just because of how ridiculously good his strats/builds are

I used to run a Great Magic Shield + Black Knight Shield combo with some form of straight sword. Eventually people catch on but for a while you can just stomp everyone alone just on the GMS/BKS combo.

Bonus if you have your combo on a short duration. Trick opponents with a Crystal Soul Spear to the face.

TopHatGenius
Oct 3, 2008

something feels
different

Hot Rope Guy
praise the soup!

TopHatGenius
Oct 3, 2008

something feels
different

Hot Rope Guy
The hype is real. DLC release date is too far off still.

Going though reddit I've seen that a whole lot of weapons have had their base AR modified and certain weapons that used to have better quality scaling now scale better with heavy for example. I'm expecting nerfs as the meta gets changed around but I'm loving the fact that you don't need to pump in a ton of VIT anymore.

TopHatGenius
Oct 3, 2008

something feels
different

Hot Rope Guy
I know it involves Father Ariandel, last boss of the first DLC but I don't know about the rest.

TopHatGenius
Oct 3, 2008

something feels
different

Hot Rope Guy

Sperglord Firecock posted:

correction:

it's out in 8 hours

I'm seeing the unlock date at March 27th! :woop:

I hope it unlocks today. Tomorrow is a busy day for games.

TopHatGenius
Oct 3, 2008

something feels
different

Hot Rope Guy
I. Love. The Spears covenant. I've got max rank and it's hillarious to poo poo on Havels with Dark Swords or parties of three waiting to gank.

It feels wrong, but I dont wanna be right.

TopHatGenius
Oct 3, 2008

something feels
different

Hot Rope Guy

The Vosgian Beast posted:

I just beat the first boss and did From personally kill all the video game people I follow on twitter's parents or something right before this came out? I do not think I have ever seen this many people so incredibly angry about what seems like pretty standard Soulsborne Content.

Maybe the final boss causes seizures, I dunno

It's all hard but very doable. I think it's a distinct lack of "git gudding".

I definitely threw myself into the meat grinder a few times but after just studying patterns and not being greedy, I waa able to beat em without much difficulty. (Spears was hillariously easy but your milage really loving varies)

TopHatGenius
Oct 3, 2008

something feels
different

Hot Rope Guy
This DLC is very cleavage heavy (seriously almost all female invaders have had either the Desert Sorceress chest or Antiquated Plain Set chest)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TopHatGenius
Oct 3, 2008

something feels
different

Hot Rope Guy
So I've been trying to avoid using meme weapons like the Paired Greatsword or Gaels but I keep running into Frayed Blade user after another. That goddamned combo comes out soo quick I have almost no chance when it does.

So I finally broke down and started using the Splitleaf against Frayed Blade users. Now I haven't lost against a Frayed Blade user since. :getin: