Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

Don't be such a squid, bro
That sounds awful, good luck on your vomit quest. Or congrats for your great calcium??

I'm in Korea, but on a US military base. Not sure when the hell I can buy this game. Considering I'm still an old-school hard copy kinda guy. Might have to buckle down and do a digital only purchase.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

So I just got my physical copy for the Xbone, last one in the store. How many hours until it is actually kosher to start playing? Time zones and staggered releases are so confusing...

Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

Alabaster White posted:

So did anyone figure out what dunking your head in wax does? I tried using fire, getting hit by fire, etc. to see if I could light it like a candle but nothing happened.

It lets you walk through those ghosty grabby hands without damage or curse

Also for anyone having trouble with the Bridge Beetlejuice Possum thing, definitely try a bleeding weapon. I'm not a Dex build or anything, but I used a +0 Morningstar with the Bleed Juice applied to it and he got wrecked. For the second encounter I did the same, except I baited the one with a shot from a greatbow and fought him by the ladder and #2 didn't even show up.

Rough Lobster fucked around with this message at 16:12 on Apr 20, 2016

Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

Man I've been hearing about how weak sorcerer builds are in this game, but at least you guys have some drat attacks. I made a Sunbro based around using offensive miracles (as soon as I unlocked them of course), just got to Carthus. I didn't pay attention to spells at all on my first playthrough so I was a little surprised that you don't get a single offensive miracle until towards the end of Farron Keep. DK2 was great because even if they did nerf magic, you still had tons of casts of lightning spear and emit force. I finally unlocked Lightning Spear and I can do about 5 casts per bar, and it does fuckall damage. Probably because I kept my faith at 20 since I don't think I'm anyway near getting another offensive spell that requires more. Also I haven't found a single faith scaling weapon. So now I have poo poo STR and DEX at the expense of FTH and ATT which are pretty much worthless to me right now. Don't get me wrong, the utility miracles are great (healing is great early on, and stuff like curing poison is nice) but I wish my build wasn't worthless right now. Also I grinded out 30 sunlight medals already and it turns out the Sunbro altar is waaaaay far into the game.

Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

I was around SL 100 when I took on Nameless King and I was getting a summon five seconds after putting the sign down.

Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

Tykero posted:

Sorcery isn't PvP unfriendly if you've got phantoms -- it actually makes dealing with a ganksquad much, much harder.

If you're solo as a sorcerer then yeah you're at a bit of a disadvantage against a decent invader without getting really creative. I can't argue against that.

The number of builds that are "pvp-unfriendly" but still good is vanishingly small. Despite what reddit would like to think, most PvE functional builds are still functional in PvP.

Yeah my PVE build is hitting poo poo with a giant hammer until it's flattened and dead, and PVP build is the same. My bleed/Dex char has had pretty good results with daggers as well.

Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

Can Lloyd's Talismans affect allied phantoms? I got summoned in Irithyll and it was one of those where they guy didn't have the shortcut open and wanted us to clear the drat level for him. He had a sunbro wearing the mimic hat who was being annoying and he kept flasking when his HP got low of course. One time his HP was really low so I nailed him with a talisman and he ran around like crazy then he died. I didn't notice if the visual effect was on him so maybe he was just out of estus, but if it does work, awesome.

Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

I, Butthole posted:

Level 101 at Nameless King, am I too low for summons? Not finding anything around door

I was getting summoned a ton at level 100 at the area. Actually getting phantoms to help me was a different story. They were getting snatched up real fast.

Does Rosaria let you change your appearance/name or just stats?

Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

DangerDongs posted:

Is going to 50 str worth it for the Fume Great Sword?

Get 50 strength and get Yhorm's Great Machete. I'm not sure but it seems like the hardest hitting STR weapon in the game and I love it dearly. I mashed the final couple of bosses into grits with it.

e: the heavy infused Greataxe I got from like the second enemy in the Wall of Lothric area carried me though everything before that, but YGM has muuuuuuch better reach.

Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

Man, despite sucking somewhat early and midgame, my faith hybrid build has really come into it's own. I took a poster's advice and treated it as a pyromancy build early game and that really helped. I'm about SL 85 or so.

VIG 20
ATT 25
END 15
VIT 15
STR 15
DEX 15
INT 15
FTH 40
LCK 15

Not very min maxy but I don't like seeing weird numbers like "23" or whatever in my stats. Next step is to push attunement up, and probably raise faith to 50. The thing I like about having each of the weapon stats (STR, DEX, INT, FTH) is that I can use a huge number of weapons. I haven't really been looking for anything with faith scaling since it seems like there's not a ton, right now I'm using a perfectly serviceable +6 Raw Astora Straight Sword. Probably gonna infuse the Dragonslayer Axe with Lightning in case I really want a lightning/scaling weapon, but I've been looking at halberds and poo poo. Anyway, the miracles are actually pretty drat good if you use them creatively, and offer a surprising amount of damage options.

Also the great thing is with that 15 INT you can use a huge number or cool pyromancies/utility sorceries. I'm keeping a permanent slot for Rapport: making the giant black worm thingies and megasword knights gently caress each other up is hugely cathartic. Can't wait to use it on the red eye assholes later on in Lothric castle.

Anyway, miracles.

Dorhy's Gnawing: We all know how well bleed fucks poo poo up in this game. This spell procs it in 1-2 hits for me, depending on the enemy. I killed those pesky Pontiff Beasts in 4 hits with it since they bled each time. I think I took the Dancer down in about 8 or 9 since it deals dark damage too and apparently she's weak. I had a hell of a time earning Sunbro medals on the Pontiff himself. If it looks like it'll bleed fire this bad boy off.

Deep Protection: A nice all around buff. Nothing gamebreaking but I like it.

Lightning Blade: well this hosed up the Consumed King in record time. Once I get Darkmoon blade I'll have access to spells that buff with lightning/magic/fire/dark, pretty nice variety.

Lightning Stake: I've had great luck nailing dudes with this in PVP by throwing a few lightning spears first to get their guard down. Does a shitton of damage if you land it perfectly. Also great for bosses since it's hard to miss them. I right hosed Aldrich up with this.

Emit Force: Does physical damage which is nice. Moves slow but seems to have a big radius. Super easy to knock enemies off cliffs and such with it, and break shields. Probably decent in PVP if you're on an area with lots of falling hazard and they aren't expecting it.

Tears of Denial: I slot this before pretty much every boss. You can cast it and immediately rest at the bonfire to get your FP back. It doesn't go away unless you die or teleport.

Replenishment et al: More quality of life than anything but it's cheap and heals enough to completely counteract poison which I found super helpful in Farron. Lasts a while too.

Wrath of the Gods: I'm sure I'll manage to hit someone in PVP with this if I try to dupe them with the old "pretend to hide and using healing miracle" routine. Maybe. I do think it's a lot of fun in PVE for just shredding weaker enemies by the half dozen in one hit. Like when those rats are there while you're fighting the giant. Just key on the talisman's super poise thingy and watch everything die.

Anyway, yeah I'm having quite a bit of fun now. Can't wait to snag the better versions of lightning spear.

Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

Simply Simon posted:

That's really cool to read, I definitely want to give Faith a go at some point! Probably on a fresh character, though. What Talisman/Chimes are you using? There's such a huge variety, it's making my head spin. Have you tried out the special dark ones if they are better for Gnawing? Sirris' Talisman and Caitha's Chime seem to have the same spell adjust (judging from the Wiki) and at least the same scaling letters, which is strange. Maybe a casting speed difference? I should just test them on my NG+ Char, I have 12 Faith so with the Saint's Ring I should have 18 and can try out Emit Force as normal and Gnawing as Dark miracle.
Do you use Unfaltering Prayer often?

Well I'm not sure but I think there's a few near duplicate miracle catalysts. The difference between Sirris Talisman and Caitha's chime if they indeed have similar scaling is that chimes seem to be inferior since their skill is Gentle Prayer, a weak but cheap HOT. And it's only effective when your chime is out. I think unfaltering prayer is much better. I use that from time to time. It's pretty much necessary when casting WOTG.

Right now I'm using and upgrading the Saint's Talisman since my guess is it has the best scaling at high FTH. I haven't gotten Sirris's Talisman yet. Miracles, even dark ones like Lifehunt Scythe and Gnawing, hit pretty drat hard even with the Saint's Talisman. I'm sure with a proper dark one they'll hit like a dump truck. I'll look into the Sirris one. Also probably gonna add a point into INT so I can wield the White Hair Talisman and not have to worry about juggling pyro/miracle catalysts. Not sure if any other catalysts have cast speed difference except for the bellvine one.

Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

Alan Smithee posted:

Lorians teleport move for most bullshit move of any souls game hands down

Not looking forward to this fight with my miracle dude...Although I may just say gently caress it and summon Sirris. Have her tank, and drop some Wrath of the Gods on their asses. I'm pretty sure that'd gently caress Lothric up.

Speaking of which I can't wait til NG+ Deacons of the Deep fight with WOTG. I'm pretty confident I'll be able to one shot every mob there.

Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

turtlecrunch posted:

Not sure about faith-based spells, but Lothric is much more resistant to sorcery than his brother. CSS's piercing also doesn't work on the fight because this game is dumb.

WOTG does physical damage, and a poo poo ton of it. And it hits through walls and the like so I'm fairly confident it'll dust Lothric easily.

Alan Smithee posted:

So uh. Why do lothric Knights do more damage than bosses again?

So you can use the Rapport pyromancy and laugh as they lay waste to other enemies for you, then let you finish them off with backstabs. Rapport makes that whole gauntlet up to the princes a different story.

Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

So apparently Vow of Silence works of Aldrich, and the Deacons of the Deep. I'm wondering what else it will work on. Crystal Sage?

Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

mortons stork posted:

Are there greatshields that even a wimpy str-faith hybrid like my character can wear? Beyond the one they brought back from ds1 I mean. Cause right now I thought about tanking all the bosses and greatswording in heavy armour but it turns out it's still only viable to dodge around in mirrah clothes and curved sword at the point I'm at (Dragonslayer armour and champion gundyr). Maybe I should just give up and respec into dex faith or equality?

If you want a 100% phys great shield I think you need like 30STR minimum. Great shields are really drat good in this game, if you've got the equipment load to handle it.

Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

There's a good spot to hit him on that little wooden platform by the stairs also, you can't be hit by his fire there. Shooting his head does double damage or so, but his head tends to move a lot and it's irritating. Not sure if waiting for his animation to reset is actually faster than shooting another part of his body for less damage. I wish I had a leg or something to wail on.

Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

RabidWeasel posted:

Corvian Greatknife low level PvP trip report: this thing is so loving fun to use, why do daggers have to have garbage damage? Or at least let me have a decent crit multiplier and not :effort: oh boy 10% more damage so I can do 1/2 instead of 1/3 of the damage of a heavy weapon crit.

It's kind of weird because daggers would actually be pretty good if they had proper scaling but most of them start off e/e or e/d and the ones which don't have even crappier base damage than the others.

I did a daggers only run recently on my rogue themed guy.

I've had really great luck with both the bandit's knife and the brigand twindaggers on my DEX/LCK build (30 DEX, 40 LCK). The Bandit's Knife is great and can proc bleed really quickly, but it's more for PVE I've found. The Twindaggers can really wreck face in PVP if you're careful. I alternate between Bleed infused and Hollow w/Rouge, but they'd probably be really good for a quality build with Refined infusion. The bleed infusion does insane bleed damage, and it racks it up really quickly. But I like the hollow version for damage and the ability to coat the blade in whatever.

Anyway, I have a poo poo ton of stamina, and wear super light armor so I can stay under 30%. That way I get super long rolls, as well as shorter quicksteps for maneuverability and unpredictability. I have the Knightslayers ring and the one that increases attack power on repetitive attacks +Carthus beacon, and the Hornet ring. The left attacks come out so fast that if someone tries to put a shield up thinking the dagger will ping off will be guard broken in seconds, and then get stabbed for a nice juicy crit. The right light attacks are super quick and it's easy to beat people in trades because of the sheer speed. Also you get to keep your kick which you lose with stuff like Gravewarden twinblades. With stuff like straight swords you'll get two hits in and the guy's rolling away to heal. With Rouge on and a little luck I can bust someone down real quick, bleed em, and shank em and it's game over. I keep a Simple infused parrying dagger in my other hand for endless quicksteps and to fool people who aren't paying attention to precisely what knife is in my offhand.

The Corvian Greatknife is cool and has great reach for its attack speed, but I haven't really found a good infusion for it. Maybe there's not one for my build. I had a raw one I used for a bit early level.

The Rotten Ghru Dagger actually increases the poison effect when you infuse it with bleed. Might have some utility there, but poison seems so weak I usually don't bother with it. Although I do understand poison got buffed recently. I bet it would be really good for low level invasions where HP is low, estus flasks are few, and mosses are nonexistent. I tried infusing the Bandit's Knight with poison, but it just suffered.

I could see the standard Dagger being lethal in the hands of a parry master, but I am not one Probably something that can be switched to really fast for that sweet 1.3x multiplier on crits.

I've gotten some kills in Irithyll by using the Tailbone Shortsword's special ability on the Silver knight walkways. They're a pain in the rear end to farm for with super low drop rates so I imagine most people have never seen them. It's basically an emit force spell that travels on the ground a short distance and can easily blow people off ledges. It has a deceptively wide area of effect. Super crappy scaling so I haven't actually used it to hit dudes with, but maybe there's a handy infusion for it.

Still haven't found a harpe.

OF course you'll still get your rear end kicked a fair amount of time as expected, but it can be fun using daggers.

Thanks for reading my many words on daggers.

Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

Simply Simon posted:

So I thought you could use a Blessed Parrying Dagger instead because every bit helps...

...but that is also very interesting. I haven't toyed around with it at all, but plan to do so. With the Manikin Claws, actually. I think I asked this before but didn't get an answer (or forgot): those have Quickstep instead of the strange headshot thing the Claws have, and they also seem to have more base damage and more scaling while only being very slightly heavier. Why would you ever not use them if you wanted to use Claw-type weapons? Though admittedly it's lovely if you want to follow Yuria's questline at the same time (opportune because hollowing from the quest + luck build synergize of course), and you can't get the M. Claws if she doesn't hate you.

And why are the loving Claws so late in the game anyway?

Yeah I use the Simple offhand because it seems that quickstep with no FP gives you an I-frame penalty. Be sure to upgrade the weapon though, it gives FP faster the higher level it is.

Also if I had to use claws it would probably be manikin claws since they seem to have a bit more reach, but claws overall seem very slooow. The jump attack on the other claws is cool looking though.

Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

Does dark sigils and or hollowing carry over from new game into ng plus? I'd like to cure the sigils but holy poo poo it's pricey at all 100. I'd rather just move onto my plus to cure it, if I can.

Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

Section Z posted:

That mallet has the spin art that everyone talks up about with the Spiked Mace, though.

To be fair, it is shorter and lacks bleed though :sigh: But I really do like all of the style of all the Undead Settlement Weapons (Well, maybe I wouldn't like the Harpe dagger? I never got that... Or the spiked mace while farming with avarice and coins and everything)

I'm pretty sure the wooden mallet is the weakest possible "heavy" weapon. I remember my character had 35 STR and like 7 DEX or so to wield the greataxe at Undead Village. I got the mallet as a drop and equipped it, and it did less damage and had worse scaling than a standard longsword.

Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

Apparently split damage isn't as good as it looks on paper because it has to go through two separate defense checks or something, but a lot of people seem to be overstating the degree the damage is lessened. I use two damage type weapons all the time and have never noticed any lack of damage, as long as the scaling is good. The LKGS is really damned good, particularly against stuff weak to lightning. Something that resists it, expect to see a little less, but you're still hitting them with a fuckoff big piece of metal.

The big difference between the two is the CKGS is strike/thrust, which is a pretty rare and versatile combination of physical damage types.

Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

Section Z posted:

Whenever I get around to another playthrough, even if I go for 32 Basic Good Greatshield strength I am going to feel like some kind of GOD sticking to faster weapons, after using a Raw Flamberge for everything past Vordt in my first run.

Except against skeletons, or other moments I desire a more hefty horizonal. I didn't use the Executioner's Greatsword even though I had it. But it never occurred to me to RUN from the million skeletons before the bridge until I was heading for round two with the boss. Because I just went hog wild scattering the top halves of skeletons eveywhere :black101:

Hell even if I wasn't using straight swords, I'd probably try to bring along a broken sword (1.0 weight) with me just for when I want to get a free stance art guard break on the PvE enemies vulnerable to that. (Oh how cute Havel blocked with his weapon for 0.75 seconds, idiot).

All that said? I can still appreciate the option to kill enemies with fewer swings in a larger arc. I'm sure Straight swords and axes have more Raw DPS and easier hit and run. But being able to carve my way through several Thralls at once or the like was always both satisfying and useful. Or having the longer reach to hit the bendy doll limbs of the Dancer and Consumed King between dodges.

I'm more annoyed that Normal Axes remain in that odd little niche of "They're pretty nice but why aren't you using a GREAT AXE then? Or a more efficient light weapon?", on top of them being bizarrely hard to come by.

What's that? You want a battle axe? Sure! It's in a mimic, already enchanted with Deep. Have fun blowing a Gem on it to make it buffable. Maybe the Bandit axe? We got all of ONE of those! How about that Man Serpent Hatchet all the way at loving Archdragon peak? Sure it only has the same scaling and damage of the Greataxe, but it has a barely functioning sickle effect!

And so on. Even the loving Hand Axe is a one per NG loot. Oh but you can get all the Thrall Axes you want! Quick Step and lowest damage of it's weapon category is what you are looking for in an Axe right?... But not the cool red hot ones from the Grand Archives, that would be silly.
Non great axes are tools peasants use, not the armaments of the conquerors of the world.

Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

killstealing posted:

my highest rated message got like 100 points in a week, it's 'could this be a... angel' in front of the first corvian you encounter in road of sacrifices

There's a hollow who throws Undead Hunter Charms from above in Lothric Castle. When you finally get around to the area he's at, I put something like "Time for revenge you bastard". It's got like 30 hits.

Also it's funny to think that we may have never actually faced Havel the Rock, just his common footsoldiers.

Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

double nine posted:

Just fyi Hodrick is a dick and he wrecked my poo poo when I tried killing him solo.

The Hodrick mad phantom you can summon near Crucifixion Woods can easily one shot invaders, especially when he buffs himself. He'll usually bee line straight for you, but as soon as someone hurts him he's endlessly persistent at pursuing them. Watch someone hit him with an accidental swipe then groan as he latches onto them. Also he has a lot of HP and drops warmth!

Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

Any good weapon ideas for my pyromancer? Preferably something weird and also not fire based. I've been using the pyro hand in the left and the dark hand in the right. Originally it was switched but the dark hand sucks as a shield and I can never seem to hit someone with the grab (and it doesn't even work on most humanoid NPCs). I've had a lot of fun just using it to bash dudes heads in with attack mode though. Has nice scaling but unfortunately it seems you can't upgrade it.

Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

Probably not, it's just that really the only people who want to wear Way of Blue are:

A) Total newbies on their first playthrough who are scared of invaders

B) Dudes in certain level tiers who are into fight club chaos.

You'll occasionally get a random hit, but it's usually one of those other two. Basically you're relying on a very unpopular covenant, and the users have to be Embered, and THEN invaded, and you have to be the one chosen. Not a super high chance of getting a lot of hits.

You can switch covenants on the fly more or less with no penalty by equipping the item. The exception is Rosaria's Fingers, which will lock you out of a certain questline until you progress to the end of the game.

Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

Harvey Wallbanger posted:

My pure pyro, no weapons run is getting viciously wrecked by Oceiros, of all things...Pontiff only took me like 6 tries, Dancer probably 7, I'm at like 20 and counting on ol dragon-dad. It's basically because I rushed 40att/30int/30fth and consequently have no health so literally all his moves 1-shot me.

This run has been FUN though. I recommend it, some stuff is trivially easy and some stuff is unexpectedly hard, it's a different but satisfying playstyle overall.

...cant wait to fight the champ :suicide:

It's because Oceiros is likes to charge if you have any distance between you, and his charges do a fuckton and are hard to avoid. If you're not using a shield, a good option would be to close in and try to stay under him. Casters usually try to keep their distance and that gets punished in this fight. Throw a handful of Great Chaos Fireballs when opportunity arises and he's toast.

Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

SynthOrange posted:

gently caress the Pus of Man those guys keep murdering me all the time.

If only you had Flame Arc they'd be cake.

Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

The best way I love to punish parry spammers is with poo poo like throwing knives or the flamethrower spell.

Also sometimes I purposefully parry a crap ton in the beginning of a fight, usually when the enemy is still a good ways away. Then the get the idea that I'm a parry fiend and try to do a bunch of easily punished leap attacks.

Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

Well first person DS3 looks loving awesome, gotta be a pain in the rear end though.

Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

Tokyo Sex Whale posted:

Can't parry a crossbow.

Greatshield + crossbow is the new meta imo

Not gonna lie, I've been totally ignoring crossbows this whole time, but I usually always carried one in my other shield slot in the other games. I've had a great time with my pyro having ranged option in the other hand to compliment melee, so I'll probably give it a shot. In fact it's pretty rare to see one in pvp so I can see it being pretty effective.

Oh man if crossbows could do a charge attack ala the shortbow it'd be great for parry spammers.

Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

scamtank posted:

so if you suicidally bolt past him, the last thing you might get a glimpse of are those telltale splatters of liquid humanity from the Abyss?

that's neat as heck

I'll splatter your abyss with liquid humanity

Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

Gwyndolin is just a hollowed out puppet. Aldrich is taking his time eating him.

Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

NT Plus posted:

I've been using a chaos flame lucerne +7 running a pyromancy build. I gotta say, infusing with chaos fire is a bit underwhelming. I'm rolling with a friend running around utterly DESTROYING everything with his dark sword. Meanwhile I struggle with literally every enemy I come across. I just can't do enough damage with my weapon. I guess you go caster, you best be always casting?

I'm at Lothric Castle right now.

My take on this : you're already a pyro, so don't have a flame based weapon if you can avoid it. Maybe try dark infusion. The scaling is usually a tiny bit worse, but it uses both FTH and INT like chaos. Also the three dark pyromancies suck, so it's nice to have that other damage type to gently caress up fire-resistant foes.

Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

Small and Blue posted:

I'm pretty sure I've never heard anyone praise the Fallout 3 durability system until now.

Yeah it was absolutely terrible. Oh darn my .45 revolver is getting rusty, I need to track down and find another and destroy the entire thing to replace a single gear or whatever.

New Vegas was an improvement in every way in that you could make repair kits out of junk you found, and a perk made repairing with other weapons that were only vaguely similar to the damaged one possible.

Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

Tree boss can be kinda lovely unless you've invested a little bit in HP. Going to 15 rather than 10 can make a huge difference in that fight, since his attacks do a lot and the hitboxes can be a bit unpredictable. Also you can more or less dodge and ignore the hollows, since the bosses swipes will kill them by the score.

Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

Relin posted:

lorien's voice acting is sooo baaaaaaaad

I mean the guy can only moan, what do you want?

Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

Found the funniest way to deal with those handopotamus things in Profaned Capital. When they rear up for the lunge and grab move, the slightest bit of damage to the eye cluster on their stomach knocks em back and opens them up for a visceral. This includes the damage from a single roll with on piece of Thorn armor.

Hey anyone know if poison and toxic can stack?

Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

I'm guessing he wants to fight the bosses again, since that was the only cool thing about ascetics. The part about trying to get rare drops from enemies that only spawn once through playthrough? Not so much.

I'd like to see From put an arena in, as many people would. I'd like it if it was all covenants combined, though. It'd be cool repping a Darkmoon Blue phantom while going up against Sunbros or Madmen. And a win would score you the covenant item of your choice. They wouldn't even have to build new maps, they could just pick a random boss arena.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

Dual torch build. Equip the Immolation tinder in your left hand and the gargoyle flame hammer in your right.