Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I'm going to bed, but 11 and a half hours until the game releases.

wooooot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Someone please give me a Bruce Campbell preset

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Where do I get cracked red eye orbs? Also I had the most amazing fight tonight, there was a Sentinel, two purple dudes and we just fought all over the loving map and it was amazing. I lost but it was still fun omg.

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Just beat RG and I'm trying to get the red eye orb. But duder isn't standing in his normal spot is dude gone? Can I still get the orb?

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Is Leohnard gone for good if I beat the balls tree? Have I lost my chance at a red eye orb?

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
How do I stop the Crystal Sage from being bugged? I've gotten it down to almost death and then it just stops taking damage

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

GodspeedSphere posted:

It's not bugged, you're missing something. Pay attention to the ones that take no damage.

No, I'm not there's only one left and it doesn't take damage. Spell it out for me please.

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Ok, there are 0 clones. Just 1 character. A singular invulnerable model.

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
It's a bug, it may be when you summon I don't know for sure.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FPbYMCRV17s

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
24 hoursa in and no titanite merchant. Can I get some explicit spoilers on that?

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Is Farron's before or after DC?

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Is there an Item discovery set? So far I've recognized the Crystal Sage Rapier, the Gold Covetous Ring, so I'm trying to get Item Discovery Armor.

Also, is there the set of favor in this game?

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Stokes posted:

The game is telling me to extinguish 3 flames to join Farron's Legion. I am at the swamp and see flames but do not see a way to extinguish them. Am I being too literal?

The Flames you want to extinguish while ARE literal flames, are more ceremonial.

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Build Questions, if I want to do Hexing / Sorcery and be relevant in PvP how should I build my character? I'm asking because I'm wondering if I should value strength or Dex more, what are the caps for magic builds, and whether INT or FAITH is more important. I know there are items that scale with both, but can't I use the Sage Coal upgrades to make it better with one or the other. Is it ok / good to take a good weapon and slap INT or Faith scaling on it? I have almost 20 strength, almost 20 Vigor, and I don't want to rebirth for the good ending or whatever.

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Which Wiki are you guys finding the most helpful? GameFaqs, IGN, Fextralife, Wikia, polygon, or kotaku? (I know the last two are magazines but they set up their own guides.)

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dark Magic Explained

Dark Spells, Pyromancies, and Miracles only scale with Intelligence and Faith when using the specific dark item for that class.

For Spells, that's the Izalith Staff

For Miracles, that's Caitha's Chime & White Hair Talisman

For Pyromancies, it's neither

Here's a spread sheet with the damage laid out.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1TbK4UVHz5A33CzpBkMs81o8OOB9aWqQU3UEWVRPkXeY/edit?usp=sharing

In short Dark Rocks, if you want to go Dark, but pick a pyromancer if so, because you won't be getting much more after 30/30. And you won't even be doing that awesome damage until areas WAY later.

Turtlicious fucked around with this message at 08:22 on Apr 21, 2016

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Turtlicious posted:

Dark Magic Explained

Dark Spells, Pyromancies, and Miracles only scale with Intelligence and Faith when using the specific dark item for that class.

For Spells, that's the Izalith Staff

For Miracles, that's Caitha's Chime & White Hair Talisman

For Pyromancies, it's neither

Here's a spread sheet with the damage laid out.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1TbK4UVHz5A33CzpBkMs81o8OOB9aWqQU3UEWVRPkXeY/edit?usp=sharing

In short Dark Rocks, if you want to go Dark, but pick a pyromancer if so, because you won't be getting much more after 30/30. And you won't even be doing that awesome damage until areas WAY later.

WrightOfWay posted:

That spreadsheet is private.

Oh I fixed it. https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1TbK4UVHz5A33CzpBkMs81o8OOB9aWqQU3UEWVRPkXeY/edit?usp=sharing

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

the panacea posted:

So I just crashed and now I get a warning about illegitimate data. How hosed am I?

On PC? Your save is hosed but you can play on a new steam account via family sharing.

Anywhere else? Fuuuuucked.

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

qbert posted:

That NPC will not spawn if 1) You already beat the boss of the area or 2) You joined Rosaria's Fingers.

There is a trick to farming the same one over and over again without killing it. Throw an Undead Hunter Charm at it, check for the head, if not, reset game and throw again.

Wait why reset game?

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I wish you could pick up the Giant's Coal way earlier. I want to start out with a Chaos Longsword or something for a quality Dark Magic Pyromancer.

Also, is it too early to start posting builds, and talking about builds? I want to get the most out of Dark Blade, but if I invest the 30 levels into Faith and Int, I then have to get STR and DEX up to like, 20 each for the Dark Sword which has S rank scaling with chaos, and you need 50 vitality for poise in PVP, which means you're not going to have a good buil until level 80 or 90. It's sad really, because dark spells can do upwards for 1500 damage to players, but you're so hosed by cast times.

I wish spells cast faster, especially Dhorys' Gnaw

By the way, can everyone see the spreadsheet I posted earlier that explains dark scaling?

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://goo.gl/GxIr1b Posting it again just in case.

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

ACES CURE PLANES posted:

So, a question, is there anyone who's found the paired spears and/or straightswords who doesn't feel like they'd ever use them? I want to do a gimmick run but they come waaaaaaay too late for my tastes.

Yeah sure, add me on steam https://steamcommunity.com/id/Turtlishus/

I also need someone to possibly help me transfer over some gear. I want to go through the whole game in armor of favor. Just because I love the armor, and I need to start over for a 3rd time anyways :suicide:

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Kiggles posted:

You're still missing the point. It is the same level used twice before. The comparison with DS2 is to illustrate it is actually a different take on the mechanical design of a level. Valley of Defilement gets the pass for A) being the first in the series. B) strong/memorable thematic design. DkS1, whatever. It was bad, and for what it's worth, Farron is a better "level" than Lower Blighttown. The problem is, trudging around in muck has never been fun, but this is the THIRD TIME they're doing it.

You don't have to agree, but your initial assertion made is seem that anyone's contention was a matter of it being hard. This entire time I have been trying to communicate that it has nothing to do with it being hard. It isn't. It just isn't fun. You can have fun with it, but we aren't. I never had fun with it. I definitely don't have fun with it the third time.

Dark Souls II: I never had fun with it. I definitely don't have fun with it the third time

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

I AM BRAWW posted:

drat, seeing Ocelotte for a split second hiding is p. neat. Wonder how easy it is to miss tho.

What, where? Can you get a picture, is it in the opening cut scene?

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

heeeelp

helllllp.

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

Now, call me paranoid, but I don't think these people actually took their characters to the endgame without leveling past the level 20 +2 weapon invade range, in fact, I think they might of been cheaters.

You can trade items. I have a twinked out lautrec that I invade with.

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Magic is really good, but you only get to really play with it in NG+ and the last boss.

I wish magic was more front loaded :(

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Specifically, as a pyromancer, you can get 30 / 30 the soft cap for Dark Magic, at a really early level, but you won't have the proper Chime / Catalyst until after you've killed a poo poo ton of bosses. Luckily you can item trade, so I'll just drop one for my guy, once I figure out how to do that without getting another player involved. Right now I have to grab a buddy, give my item to him, then summon him into a new world and then have him give it back to me.

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Is it cool yet for everyone to call DS3 the worst now?

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
DS1 was good, DS2 was better, and I think DS3 is best. I just hate not being able to talk about liking new things on SA.

DnD 5e will be the new favorite when DND 6e comes out.

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Is there any way to go completely invisible in this game? My buddy and I got invaded by a mage who went 100% see through.

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Oh that's what he did my god. He cast hidden body put on the obscuring ring and the untrue white ring. So he was invisible then he just popped in like a phantom. Guddamn that's loving clever!

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Can you put resin on a simple or crystal weapon?

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Sorcery, Miracles, and Pyromancies are always outclassed by weapons. I hate that they need rings to be effective. I tried Dark Flame with my 30/30 build, and it's beat out by Great Chaos Orb. Deep Soul Sediment is beat out by like 80% of the other sorceries, which are beat out by a guy with a sword. They require a ton of items and they're not properly explained. Use a longsword and be happy, as that's the only real way to play DS3

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I cosplay as Lautrec.

They never expect the Shotel.

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

cheetah7071 posted:

What's a good weapon that's available early in all three Dark Souls games, so I can do a series of gimmick runs where I play the "same" character

Long Sword

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
PvP is fun, and if people want to try hard to avoid it, I still have fun, because that's what the game is.

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Babe Magnet posted:

Blue estus isn't cool to use either, I pop a yellow every time they pop a blue lol

Wait seriously?

What are Pyromancers / Sorcerers supposed to do then? They only get 2 shots compared to your infinite shotting gently caress off spear that shoots lightning.

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
So you basically do Pyromancy for the first half of the game, get 60 int, 30 faith then go sorcery?

When does Sorcery outscale pyromancy?

Which Miracle spells don't suck?

Someone give me the scrublord's guide to sorcery please.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Babe Magnet posted:

you're right I should feel pity on the poor mages and their weapon buffs and farron darts that do more than my punches do, come out faster, stagger, hit at range, and use comparatively less FP than I use doing my weapon art, especially since they're forced to duel other people against their own will without any knowledge of how to actually manage the spells they've been using all the way to soul level 60

also, I do let mages use blue sippies, I do it all the time, because I do now how hard it could be, even if I didn't know about not being able to spell at 1 FP (because I don't like using magic in souls games). I guess I haven't said it enough but I only really go sip-for-sip when the other players M.O. is clearly draggign a fight out with a war of attrition. I'm giving them what they want lol

Farron Dart does like 18 damage with a +3 staff and 30 Int