Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

I've seen shit you people wouldn't believe. Cop cars on fire off the shoulder of I-94. I watched search lights glitter in the dark near the Ambassador Bridge. All those moments will be lost in time, like piss in the drain. Time to retch.

greatn posted:

Ever character needs a good actor to work. Berry has won Oscars.

Angela Bassett or nothing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

I've seen shit you people wouldn't believe. Cop cars on fire off the shoulder of I-94. I watched search lights glitter in the dark near the Ambassador Bridge. All those moments will be lost in time, like piss in the drain. Time to retch.

Aphrodite posted:

He wouldn't have been able to bring one into her death field I guess.

He should've keistered it.

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

Plastik posted:

They showed the Sydney Opera House get ripped apart, while Sydney is on the opposite side of the planet from Egypt, so this is a whole-world event and the cities they showed got *decimiated*. I don't see a way to say that fewer than a billion people died.

I believe the idea was that Magneto was targeting specific monuments through the earth, not just earthquaking everything so depending on the time of day he may have only murdered a couple hundred people. Still means Chuck's rubbing elbow pads with a mass murderer in the end (they probably should have went with mind control if they wanted to maintain that status quo)

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

The Hair Bear Bunch as the Wrecking Crew

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

goldenoreos posted:

I'm okay with Hannibal being JJJ.

Dear God please be true.

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

X-O posted:

No because comics aren't rated R. (Don't read Deadpool MAX, it's garbage)

... I liked Deadpool Max. It was weird and interesting but my favorite Deadpool is Uncanny X-Force and for not being a giant Deadpool fan in general he may have been my favorite character in the book.

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

Y'all mother fuckers is crazy, Roofalo is the first and only Banner I have ever remotely cared about.
Thank God your wishes will never come true.

P.S. was it here that I heard that Nico Minoru's mom was going to be in Dr. Strange (like as one of the bad guys lackeys)?

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

I know it's been said before but I think Tatum should play Shazam, he would be great as a 12 year old stuck in a superhero's body.

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

Rough Lobster posted:

I knew he was a cool dude.

His mom is a lesbian, he's pretty progressive.

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

Omnomnomnivore posted:

When someone says their favorite superhero movie is Spider-Man 2, I know they haven't seen Civil War.

Fixed

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

twistedmentat posted:

Yea, that's pretty much what it is. And I assume that we're getting the same sliding time scale of the comics.

And I'm sure if it was Rhodey, they would have said "hey you want to operate on one of the AVENGERS?"

They say Colonel, the guy in the hammer suite was not likely a Colonel.

And yeah, since it's only been tested and produced by one or two guys, I'd say "experimental" still fits.

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

Yvonmukluk posted:

I can't wait to see what DeVito brings to the role.

Dude. Don't gently caress with me.

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

McCloud posted:

I appreciate the more thoughtful and nuanced discussion on c/d, and much prefer it over the discussions here.

There they discuss the movies on their own strengths and can separate it from its comic book roots. Here people see the movies as extensions of the comics, and have more casual conversations about the movies, if that makes sense, so cineD is far more interesting. Plus you might actually learn something about cinemaphotography if you lurk there.

If you love it so much, why don't you marry it?

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

Holy poo poo, they're She's All Thating MJ.

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

You don't kill plants to eat vegetables and fruit, they're literally meant to be eaten.

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

Aphrodite posted:

No I think he does it with a dance off.

Phylodox posted:

The dance off was a distraction.

Yeah, ya turd blossom!

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

Lobok posted:

Tiny Stank.

Never forget.

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

purple death ray posted:

I really want to spend way too much money on batman lego sets now

I got the Joker lowrider (it has loving hydraulics!) and I've never been happier with a frivolous purchase. The Harley that comes with it has potentially my favorite costume design for her, she's even got little rollerskates.

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

Phylodox posted:

I'm just tryin' to talk about Civil War. It's an interesting movie.

It's a great movie. It's hard for me to understand how it isn't everyone's favorite superhero movie. Like Guardians is definitely funnier and maybe there's more charisma in the cast but Civil War at this point I think it's the most "comic booky" while maintaining the most quality or respectability if that makes sense.

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

Phylodox posted:

The '89 batmobile was best*.

*In my opinion*

*But also objectively.

Best sure, but if I'm being honest with myself, I've felt that every adaptation has missed the mark.
What's so hard about a bat themed sports car? It really doesn't need to be giant, clunky, and have a jet engine. He's a primarily stealth hero.

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

Guys, Logan was awesome. We don't have to argue about old(dumb) poo poo anymore.

And we have such a bright future to look forward to, full of Spider-Men and Hulk planets. There's no need to get caught up in this endless cycle of tedium like we're locked in a time loop when comic book movies keep getting better and better.

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

Here's hoping.

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

notthegoatseguy posted:

There was crying in my theater but mainly because people were taking their 10 year olds to this movie.

Yikes

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

BiggerBoat posted:

How was it for a six year old? Form what I can gather, it has a ton of in jokes that a small kid might not pick up on. I'm thinking about taking my son to see it but I'm worried he'll be bored.

I don't think they'll be bored, it's hilarious and flies at a mile a minute. Any reference to old stuff is still pretty funny without context and doesn't distract from the movie I don't think.

Seriously, I keep looking to my right in hopes of seeing the 3 dots on Riker's collar but I just can't seem to break this time loop.

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

RevKrule posted:

https://twitter.com/VancityReynolds/status/839947701487796224

Zazie Beetz has been cast as Domino. She's Donald Glover's baby momma in Atlanta.

Ooh I like her, I wonder if they'll paint her white though.

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

Big Mean Jerk posted:

Get Out is a movie that absolutely benefits from the theatergoing experience.

Also this movie disserves the financial push over the others. Film executives need us to slap them in the face with our money and say "yes, you can greenlight independent/alternative black movies, it doesn't need to be a Tyler Perry joint to make money at the box office"

But that's only if you're concerned with doing your civic duty.

I say this having seen Logan in the theater and not Get Out. Not yet at least.

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

Race Realists posted:

RatNUUR is a literal 13 year old trapped in the body in a grown man

"Rehearsing is for fags" - Brett Ratner

*Fixed

Sgt. Politeness fucked around with this message at 19:34 on Mar 24, 2017

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

Threep posted:

This trailer feels like it gives away the whole movie

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DiTECkLZ8HM

I don't know, it looks like they're giving away all the action of the second act and the broad strokes of the first but otherwise not much else.
I mean I guess there's probably a field trip to DC.

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

Anora posted:

He only says it twice, and his voice isn't as grating as the old TV show one.

Yeah, it's Bill Hader so the delivery is a little better too.
I'm not saying it wasn't necessarily annoying, I'm just saying it didn't trigger me.

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

I really hope he does Akira, then maybe there's a chance the cast won't be comprised of 30 year old white dudes.

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

Wheat Loaf posted:

Do you suppose CZJ will end up playing Janet?

25 years in a time vacuum could account for the age gaps between her and Douglas/Lilly.

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

Phylodox posted:

Batman isn't grabbing Joker by the shoulders, he's steadying himself against Joker because he's doubled over in helpless laughter. It's a pretty common pose, I thought.

Yeah, he might as well be patting him on the back. I never even thought to question these panels, it's beyond clear.

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

redbackground posted:

hard cut to opening credits set to Len's "Steal My Sunshine"

Bruce pushes the mantle on Dick to avoid dealing with the problem, Dick and Damien road trip across America to learn what it truly means to be Batman, wacky hijinks ensue.

Like Cannon Ball Run but against the rogues gallery.

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

How did anybody not like Dope?

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

I'd rather marathon all 4 Fantastic 4s and toss a Ghost Rider in for good measure than ever watch Daredevil again.

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

Lobok posted:

No the contract says "kin", not children.

If James dies, Kevin Feige's going to get this at his office the next day:

Kirk IS a well respected filmmaker.

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

NOOOOoooooo.....

We were doing so good.

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

That's how we kill minions. Side by side comparison to old Asian stereotype propaganda in meme form.
It'll put off most of the demographic, I think(hope).

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

pubic works project posted:

:shrug: I think the Minions are pretty hilarious.

I liked the Despicable Me movies (I haven't seen Minions) and I liked the Minions in them, but much like the Mogwai, once their population or, in this instance, saturation gets out of hand there must be culling.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

Phylodox posted:

...but is completely inappropriate in The Last Airbender.

Aasif Mandvi was awesome in The Last Airbender and that's all I've got to say about that.

• Locked thread