Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

porfiria
Dec 10, 2008

by Modern Video Games

Willie Tomg posted:

The game does not play in a way that is conducive to those heroes facilitating gameplay. Even with two years to look at it post-release, Blizzard still can't quite reconcile its design with its design. That's very funny except for the part where now everyone I know IRL is fed up with this poo poo and uninstalled, lol.

Your friends stopped playing because Symmetra isn't very good above Plat and Sombra has a weird gameplay loop? They probably just got bored dude.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

porfiria
Dec 10, 2008

by Modern Video Games

wit posted:

That's why all the crying about Brigitte is silly. We've had devastating melee heroes for a while that just gently caress you up but "OP" is an easier pill to swallow than "noses touching is not an effective aim range, stop doing that".

Brigitte is wayyyy more dangerous in melee range than Moira or Symmetra.

porfiria
Dec 10, 2008

by Modern Video Games
I feel like people have gotten a lot better at not shooting them.

porfiria
Dec 10, 2008

by Modern Video Games

eleven extra elephants posted:

Last time I played was just before Brigitte came out and looking at overall gameplay footage now I'm not sure I want to. Is the game still fun? It looks like a mess of shields and getting sniped constantly :downsa:

Brigitte appears to be seriously overtuned and has warped the meta into kind of a Hanzo driven deathball battle. It's not terrible, and I like Hanzo and Zarya, but I don't think it's great either.

porfiria
Dec 10, 2008

by Modern Video Games

Bumper Stickup posted:

My question is how do you fix her to not warp the meta while also keeping her as a counter to Tracer? Only thing I can think of is increased cooldown length.

Why is shutting down Tracer specifically important? Tracer got a direct nerf, neo-Hanzo also crushes her, and I'd even guess the Torb rework will hurt her a bit. She's fairly bad right now and presumably will be even if Brig can only instagib her every 6 seconds instead of 5 or whatever.

porfiria
Dec 10, 2008

by Modern Video Games

DeliciousCookie posted:

Because Tracer has little to no counters in the game, shes over tuned, and her nerf did nothing to touch her problem areas. Even with Brig, Tracer isn't really countered if she keeps her distance. Honestly, before even touching Brig much more, they should look into toning Tracer down or introducing more solid counters.

According to Overbuff she's worse than Genji, Widow, and maybe Doomfist (and Hanzo obviously) at GM. And obviously falls off the lower you go skill wise. Maybe her winrate is affected a bit by people switching onto her to hold points but she seems middle of the road at best. Certainly she's off meta although things may change when Brig's ult gets nerfed.

porfiria
Dec 10, 2008

by Modern Video Games

DeliciousCookie posted:

What are you comparing? She has the second highest pick rate of all the offensive heroes, second only to Hanzo at the moment. Her winrate is higher than Genji and Widow as well.

Overbuff GM stats over the past week.

porfiria
Dec 10, 2008

by Modern Video Games

Bumper Stickup posted:

Cool. Glad Tracer isn't allowed a counter ever.

Like Widow, the counter to Tracer is that she's not very effective unless played by a GM.

porfiria
Dec 10, 2008

by Modern Video Games
It has always seemed weird to me that Brig is the best duelist in the game. Like, yes she's also melee range but A) her shield means if she can't do anything to you you generally can't do anything to her and B) this game basically forces you into melee range half the time.

porfiria
Dec 10, 2008

by Modern Video Games
Reaper is easily the most shat upon character in the history of Overwatch.

porfiria
Dec 10, 2008

by Modern Video Games
Mcree is like the worst hero in the game. Also his flashbang is way worse than shield bash in almost every way lol.

porfiria
Dec 10, 2008

by Modern Video Games

The REAL Goobusters posted:

Lol yeah man I'm sure the new game from ACTIVISION BLIZZARD is going to NOT be $60 dollars USD at retail. get real man

I'm literally 50/50 on whether this is a joke or not.

porfiria
Dec 10, 2008

by Modern Video Games

Minrad posted:

the whole thing happened because china is the larger market
boycotting affects their bottom line, but also, you are now a minority in their customer base, so if anything it just drives them further into china's arms. also it will have no impact on the hong kong protests either way. :matters:

China is actually less than 10% of Blizzard's revenues. They're doing this because

1) The calculation was this would safeguard that 10% without affecting the other 90 at all
2) They think China will be a big boy some day

porfiria
Dec 10, 2008

by Modern Video Games
The fundamental issue with Overwatch’s design is no one wants to play or tank or support. You can barely get them to play those roles in an MMO, let alone an fps!

porfiria
Dec 10, 2008

by Modern Video Games

Jack Trades posted:

I stopped playing the game like a year after launch and didn't start playing it again until they implemented the role queue.
It's literally the best thing they've done to the game.

Also you still have access to the open queue.

I can’t imagine it hasn’t tanked the playerbase though—making somebody wait 10 or 15 minutes to get into a game seems like a disaster for retention.

porfiria
Dec 10, 2008

by Modern Video Games

Jack Trades posted:

But I don't want to play other games! I want Overwatch to play exactly like other games instead!

They should make all the roles fun if they're going to force teams to run them.

porfiria
Dec 10, 2008

by Modern Video Games
Overwatch is a bad game, it turns out.

porfiria
Dec 10, 2008

by Modern Video Games
Blizzard should figure out a way to make people want to play healers. Or then don't have healers in the game. Or don't make it mandatory to have them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

porfiria
Dec 10, 2008

by Modern Video Games

Time Crisis Actor posted:

Dinoflask back after a several year hiatus

https://youtu.be/q7RMtDpxtfw

Why do these dev videos always have the cadence and energy of an Al Qaeda hostage tape? Riot’s are the same way.