Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

Tracer, you're so amazing! You inspire me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

This is an outrage I'm missing my kids birthday party for a LOADING SCREEN goddammit blizzard you are just the worst

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Ogmius815 posted:

Is this a lot like TF2? I did not like TF2 much.

It is Team Fortress 3 with more characters and abilities to activate. It also has waifus, which is very important.

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

The best counter to widowmaker is to use bastion and pin down where she's positioned. Spend a few minutes climbing up stairs and sneaking up behind her undetected and then wait for her to scope and start picking off your teammates.

When you're sure she's distracted get right behind her, switch to turret mode and shoot her right in the fanny. If you can keep the crosshair on her for about 0.9 seconds, she'll drop like a rock every time.

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

well where i'm from it means a butt which is where I specifically aim on all of my targets

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Soothing Vapors posted:

take one character out of the fight for minutes at a time to set up a convoluted trap while hoping that she's forgotten she can see through walls

got it

it totally works though!

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Macaluso posted:

Sneak up on a character... as Bastion

KACHUNK KACHUNK KACHUNK KACHUNK VRRRRP VREEEEP CHGCHGCHCHCHCHGHGHGHG

Nothing says stealth like Bastion!

Yeah. Mastering the stealth aspect of Bastion's kit is really what puts him in the 'easy to learn, difficult to master' class, imho

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Lady Naga posted:

If you're receiving constant heals it's pretty easy to beat most people, especially a 150 hp class that was firing at something else and a Pharah receiving splash damage.

Not always the case - about 30 mins ago as McCree I had Mercy heals on me and got jumped by a 76. I forgot to use the flashbang, missed every fan shot and then combat rolled into a well. Then he shot mercy with some rockets and we lost.

MYTH BUSTED

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

goddamn

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Next Overwatch map should just be Alterac Valley. 40 vs. 40, matches last for several days. Lok'holar the Ice Lord. The whole shebang.

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Ahhpple posted:

I cant believe that Blizzard put a mech in the game and gave it dual shotguns but no lasers, plasma or rockets.

For real, just giving D.Va an M2 that is literally soldier's helix rockets would make me happy.

I have a lot of fun playing as her even though there are technically better options for most any situation. I just love that pistol, I don't even care when my mech is destroyed.

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

What does it mean when someone has a crested portrait on the team screen? Is that when you get past level 100 or whatever and 'prestige'?

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

goodness gracious

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

BigRed0427 posted:

Zarya question: Is there a way to judge range with her weapon? I keep trying to fire at people who are to far away.

I have really locked in with Zarya. The name of the game is that if they aren't right up in your face, use M2 and play like a demoman.

Beam if you have someone up in your grill - bascially right in front of you. Otherwise launch the grenades into groups and chokepoints. M2 is your primary.

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

I legitimately don't know what just happened going 46/0 on Iilos as D.Va just now. I have never had a good game with this hero, then suddenly the best round I'll probably ever have.

Everyone was around level 40ish but it felt like playing against easy AI. I did nothing but boost behind their push and mow them down from behind. Figured it would work once, maybe twice, but it ended up working about six times.

;)

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Luchadork posted:

I just throw a shield on whoever is under the most fire at the moment. Saves them, and feeds me. So far that's been the key to success for me with Zarya, just be shieldin' 24/7.

yeah this is the way to go, I've found.

they'll still die when the shield ends of course, but you get that sweet sweet energy before they get shot in the back trying to flee.

in short

Tequila Sunrise posted:

Zarya gets fun when you stop trying to protect your teammates and instead focus on profiting from their deaths.

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

I've never had a good game as Zenyatta and I can feel myself bringing down the morale of my teammates whenever I pick him. They make switches to compensate and have an attitude that it's just going to be an uphill climb to win.

I admit that when I do quick play and our only support is Zenyatta my first thought is 'goddammit..." I am guilty too.

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Kawabata posted:

holy poo poo a legen-

am I gonna be yelled at when play of the game shows green haired young genji :(

i got the same skin and got called out on it on the only time i got potg using it, so your odds are 100%

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

I wish I had been recording. I'm not even mad because it's hilarious how many times our own Mei screwed our entire team over on Iilos.

- Walled most of our team in a closed space as a Reaper is ulting
- Threw the blizzard ball directly down the well
- Tried to wall a Bastion but instead it lifted him up into perfect position to mow down the entire push
- Blocked me from the escape route to my own exploding D.Va mech

The Bastion one was extremely funny and he got potg

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

I would even say guardian angel needs another second, maaaybe two of cooldown tacked on. 3 seconds is pretty nutty.

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Zorodius posted:

Does Pharah deserve a little bit of a boost? She's far from terrible, but everything about her is a bit soggy: long cooldowns on high-risk mobility moves, poor splash damage, mediocre direct hit damage, and her ultimate is pretty hilarious most of the time - even if you live long enough to use the whole thing, it rarely does all that much damage

I don't think so at all. Pharahs who know the maps and can aim precisely can annihilate teams. Her only major weakness is Widowmaker, she is extremely powerful.

It's one of those things where if you're playing the game and spend a few hours each spread across all 21 characters, you won't be able to touch someone who has spent two hundred hours on Pharah. Which I haven't done, but I've run into players who clearly have. Bilzzard knows enough to be careful about buffing the high skill cap heroes from this point on, and Pharah is in that category.

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

MUSCULAR BEAVER posted:

Would anyone even use junkrat if they had to deal with splash damage from his own grenades like every other character with AOEs

They do splash damage to him, it's reduced I think. He doesn't take damage from the concussion mine though.

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Well holy gently caress. I've been the worst McCree since launch. I'd pick him occasionally and would just be a detriment to my team. I sucked. Turns out because I was aiming for the head with Fan the Hammer and that poo poo can't even land headshots apparently.

Started aiming for the meat and pulling down like an AK in counterstrike and killed 26 people in a round.

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Hopefully instead of Sombra (boring sniper), Bilzzard throws a curveball and releases a frog themed hero that uses their tongue as primary fire (think roadhog hookshot). That way I can consume the enemy team and have them live inside of me, forever.

Also the voice lines should be very erotic. They could go whichever direction with the accent they want, it's fine. Fingers crossed for the next patch

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Digirat posted:

Giving widowmaker enormous scope recoil from getting hit would help even if it wouldn't fix the fundamental problem

I think it really is the lack of bolt-action or any shake after firing that turns Widowmaker into what she is.

I've been poo poo at sniping in every FPS since the dawn of time. Horrible. Embarassing. But Widowmaker feels smooth and easy, I can pull my weight and do well. That makes me suspicious, because it's definitely not my aim improving.

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Digirat posted:

Yeah I didn't even think about the fact that there's no recoil from shooting with her gun either. Now that is just silly.

I mean there is - it does buck vertically a little bit but it's so minor it's really not a big deal, at least to me. Just to clarify how I described it before I get jumped on. It's nowhere near what snipers in other games have after firing a round.

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Nehru the Damaja posted:

And he's one of Blizzard's regular go-to guys. He's like five Hearthstone cards including the once beloved and feared Grim Patron.

Holy poo poo, I can't unhear it now

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Instead of a stealth character I think it would be awesome to have a web-based hero. Like you can shoot web lines from your hands to swing around the map as a mobility skill. Also you could use them to web enemies in cocoons to trap them, or shoot the webs like bullets. Also you're super strong and agile, and you have lots of witty lines. Still haven't come up with a good name though.

I've also been mulling over the concept of a melee hero with metal claws that come out of their hands but I don't have that one fleshed out yet. Kind of just came to me.

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Night Blade posted:

Trying out WEBMs.

This is a good way to end a night.

http://webmshare.com/Qx00a

:drat:

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

goodness posted:

Blizzard can't stop this from happening with all the $$$ they have?

in most every case targeted DDoS attacks will always result in some loss of service, even in a successful defense.

it's like having the pipes burst in your house. you can keep everything in top shape, but if (when) it happens you can't really anticipate it and just hope to minimize the damage.

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Replace hanjos bow and arrow with a musket that takes a minute to reload and you have to stand perfectly still

replace scatter arrow with, i dunno. you throw your rifle at the enemy and if you hit them they get stunned so you can escape. also you have to go pick up your gun to fire again.

these are my hanjo ideas

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

ster suggests that the constant tinkering with the basketball physics in spawn was probably secret testing for lucioball and my mind is blown

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Jailbird imo

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

i'm real bad at Genji so I was hoping he would stay basically as he was before except he would gain the ability to fly and dragonblade would become his LMB.

this is a bridge too far blizzard

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

the last bastion is just perfect. what a job by the team who produced that.

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

there are many reasons for someone to spend absurd amounts of time on a video game nowadays, it's not even shocking. there's someone out there who has played for the maximum amount of time they've spent awake and conscious, eschewing family, friends, employment and health.

just slampicking hanzo. always and forever.

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

I bought some boxes to get the cool america outfit for the cowboy man and I got it from one of the boxes and I was happy. I wore it while playing last night and I looked really cool.

Anyway that's my story

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Kai Tave posted:

On the one hand it's kind of funny that Blizzard is trolling the people losing their goddamn minds over this, on the other hand despite what Family Guy would have you believe jokes don't actually get funnier the longer you drag them out.

Yeah I think they're just buying time. People think there's some kind of countdown they can measure but it's just a dude updating the percentage and adding MYSTERIOUS COMMENTS at whatever arbitrary time and the audience drums up hype by trying to figure out THE SECRET behind it all. It's not like there's something actually counting down here.

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

I play Overwatch like the fat WoW guy from south park so my wrist never moves more than about 3 inches

I make sure to slouch as much as I can and make an effort to expend as little energy as possible

still got platinum, this is the wu-tang secret

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

come at me you little spaghetti, I will kiss you right on the mouth I swear