Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
flirty dental hygienist
Jul 24, 2007

All aboard the knuckle train to FIST PLANET!!
I believe it was this new thread that helped me to pass the COSMIC TRIAL on Wolverine finally. Thank you Sun God!! I was right, this anniversary IS better than my birthday ever could be!! :D

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flirty dental hygienist
Jul 24, 2007

WebDO posted:

But why not just do it on a character that's worth it?

Wolverine is worth it, dammit.

flirty dental hygienist
Jul 24, 2007

I need to check my second account but I'm like 99% sure that you get the SHIELD team-up as soon as you finish The Raft. So you might wanna fix the OP.

flirty dental hygienist
Jul 24, 2007

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

Thank you for that.

Kelp, know your role and fix that OP sir!

You literally get him like 2 minutes into the Raft apparently. Just got him and I haven't fought the Goblin.. You also get a Credit Rush bar before you finish.

EDIT - lmao you don't get 400 eternity splinters until day 7 now, so you have to wait a week before deciding who to unlock (if you random two heroes). Otherwise, no big deal.

flirty dental hygienist fucked around with this message at 00:43 on Jun 13, 2016

flirty dental hygienist
Jul 24, 2007

jujojoh posted:

Never cosmic. This is for you Punchy.

This makes me a PROUD Wolverine player!!! Makes me want to cosmic him too, but nah, not really.

flirty dental hygienist
Jul 24, 2007

So I've narrowed it down to Luke Cage, Psylocke, and either War Machine or Punisher. I've been trying to find a good ranged physical hero that isn't loving Deadpile of poo poo. I've tried both on the teat center, but neither one really grabbed me. I thought War Machine was clunky (mostly because I didn't know wtf I was doing) and Punisher's reload mechanic seems weird, but something you'd get used to while leveling. Any thoughts on either of them?

Right now my heart says Psylocke, my fists (and ICR) say LUKE cannot CAGE my RAGE, and my mom is telling me War Machine. They say you should always listen to your mother, they also say you should always follow your heart. I have another day or 2 until I have enough splinters (50 more to go). So take your time responding. I may go to the oforums and ask those friendly, helpful people there (and make HoldMyOwn hate me even more for posting so much there :( )

flirty dental hygienist
Jul 24, 2007

Dick Spacious CPA posted:

out of those 4 i would pick luke cage, but he is melee. between warm machine and franklin castle i would pick warm machine. both are pretty boring though. warm machine's ranged spender is real bad, and his flaemthrower build is dumb. franklin castle aka the punish man was better before his rework and i havent played him much after it

So what you're saying is to follow my heart.

Mover posted:

Only ranged phys character worth a drat is Squirrel Girl.

Basically if she had a gun that shot squirrels instead of making them appear from thin air I'd play her a lot more. She's great and fun and all, and I love her, but she really needs a cannon, or something, to shoot squirrels from.

flirty dental hygienist fucked around with this message at 16:49 on Jun 13, 2016

flirty dental hygienist
Jul 24, 2007

Dick Spacious CPA posted:

psylocke's pretty cool. you can play her all mental or hybrid. i played her full mental and it was good. plus her lady mandarin costume is cool

The blender gave me her House of M costume yesterday, which I took as a sign from GOD, but I thought I'd still get the goon opinion before dropping all of my splinters on her.

flirty dental hygienist
Jul 24, 2007

jujojoh posted:

Why are you ignoring deadpool ranged? You can also play LOL ranged hawkguy

Deadpool is a character that should not exist. I hate him, he is an unfunny, overrated, hot pile of poo poo. I would very much rather play Hawkeye over Deadpool any day. But I wanted to be a tough ranged gunner, not some guy in purple pajamas.

flirty dental hygienist
Jul 24, 2007

davebo posted:

I've done both Storm and Jean Grey since then.

How can we be so sympatico with our Logan-love but so far apart on the issue of Wade-worship? Actually, when I started this game I didn't even know Deadpool had turned into Mr. 4th-wall-breaking-funnyman in the comics. He had just been some nobody assassin badguy in the few issues of early X-Force I read as a teen. The wackiness doesn't bother me and I usually play with sound off anyway. What annoys me is the players that gravitate to Deadpool are the ADD motherfuckers who sit in hubs just teleporting in place because they can't stop clicking their mouse button for two seconds when an enemy isn't in front of them.

It's like Highlander, there can only be one Canadian. For me it's the beer drinking, hell raising James "Logan" Howlett. Now if Alpha Flight were in the game, then it would be a different story...

flirty dental hygienist
Jul 24, 2007

The Moon Monster posted:

Go for Mister Fantastic obv.

Funny. He was one I left off of that list there. He seems like a fun dude.

flirty dental hygienist
Jul 24, 2007

Corzen posted:

A few things that I found helpful after returning to MH after ICR's coaxing:

- This utility helps tons with keybindings and such.
- Lock on target is your friend. It can help keep your damage on the same target easily. Personally, I bind mine to spacebar.
- hit Tab to make the map overlay fill your screen instead of the little box in the upper right. It helps navigation immensely.
- Accept party invites. There's really no reason not to, and you can r-click a teammate's portrait to teleport to them without having to spam travel powers.
- If ICR asks you to find him a Sacred White Gorilla Necklace, just do it.
- Ask dumb questions in chat.
- The build spreadsheet in the OP is your friend.
- Vision is boring as gently caress to play.
- Polegrinder is a bad person for hating on Deadpool

List checks out. Also Taskmaster owns.

flirty dental hygienist
Jul 24, 2007

xyigx posted:

Might I ask your gearing level, omegas and whatnot? I am really enjoying leveling her and I think she may be my "main", so knowing what to shoot for would be great.

Also the ai on teamup captain america could use a bit of work. I made the mistake of putting points in his charge, so at the beginning of every fight he charges kills some trash and charged off in a random direction. He will literally disappear from the fight for minutes at a time off having some ai cap fun half way across the map until the server says he had enough fun and teleports him back to me to start the sequence of events again. This is identical on both civil war cap and anniversary cap.

What I am saying is don't put points in tu caps charge. At this point I may as well leave it in and let cap have his fun till I am 60 on the next two.

I use this build - http://marvelheroes.info/builds/tu-gen/captain-america-civilwar/pw:632:635:636:637:641:643:644_pt:1:14:15:1:14:1:15

It is good and fun. His Airborne Assault and Star Spangled Strike do so nice damage. I see 1.5 million pop up every now and then. Plus I will NEVER tire of hearing him tell me how his favorite juke joint closed down. Oh and talking about Rick Rolling :rolleyes:

flirty dental hygienist
Jul 24, 2007

To celebrate Father's Day this year, I (a Father) am going to gift myself the greatest Dad ever -- MR. FANTASTIC!!

Hopefully this makes up for the lack of a father figure growing up :unsmith:

flirty dental hygienist fucked around with this message at 15:26 on Jun 16, 2016

flirty dental hygienist
Jul 24, 2007

Lozareth posted:

Unlike your real dad, he won't let you down.

That means a lot, thanks.

flirty dental hygienist
Jul 24, 2007

If they get rid of Cosmic Trial, I am proud - PROUD - to say that I was able to get Wolverine through. If they shut the game down tomorrow, that will be my greatest and best moment in Marvel Heroes 2016.

I like Invisible Mom, so I'm happy to hear she's doing well. I was playing her on the Test Center last night, she looks good now cause TheDink updated her basic costume and she's fun. I was hoping for a 50% off sale this week so I could buy her and Mr. F, but alas it will have to wait a week :(

flirty dental hygienist
Jul 24, 2007

Kheldarn posted:

@Asros said: Update before event switch over tomorrow!

1. We'll be leaving King's County on through next week since it has been such a big hit this week. Bosses will continue to drop cake (1 per normal boss, 3 per cosmic) and have the 50% XP boost to the region! Woo!
  2. Cosmic Chaos is ending at midnight, so double cosmic loot and the cosmic leveling boost will be going away. Boo!
  3. Sales starting tomorrow at noon - Stash Sale and Boost Bonanza! Woo!
  4. Operation OMEGA starts at midnight, including 172% XP boost all week! Woo!
  5. Because we hate fun, Odin's Bounty rotation also starts at midnight, schedule links below. If we didn't hate fun, we'd turn Odin's Bounty on in every zone, but YOU SHITLORDS WILL NEVER HAVE THAT!

https://marvelheroes.com/news/news-articles/odins-bounty-operation-omega

Odin's Bounty in every zone is the last week of the anniversary.

flirty dental hygienist
Jul 24, 2007

Irony.or.Death posted:

It is with great joy and shame that I announce the founding of the Cosmic Cat Club, an elite group of idiots within Symbiote Groot Force dedicated to making terrible decisions. To apply for membership:
1. 2. 3.

Level 60, of course. And because this is an exclusive club wherein members are expected to possess some modicum of taste, I'm also going to need you to post your non-cosmic Hawkeye. Members spotted on a cosmic Hawkeye will be summarily excommunicated or executed, whichever is more convenient.

Hawkeye owns. I bought him today and I'm having a ton of fun. I think Hawkeye might replace Wolverine as my favorite, or at least tie for that spot.

I'm really starting to doubt any and all hero suggestions - oh get Doom he is good and fun, sucks. Oh Wolverine is bad, actually fun.

flirty dental hygienist
Jul 24, 2007

Gilok posted:

Ok someone tell me what to do with 3500 omegas and what gear I need to get cyclops through the loving cosmic trial.

Get a Costume Core with invulnerability on it. Also get Pirate Deadpool and get him to 60. Max his signature and the bomb ability. AoE and move always, try not to stand in one spot too long. Watch the telegraphs on the ground. If I can beat it with Wolverine, you can do it on Cyclops!!

flirty dental hygienist
Jul 24, 2007

Lozareth posted:

Another new sub-3 ttk, Rachet Racon:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dPUnrZdJhFc

Prinn is a madman devoting his entire life to the racon and learning the minutest details about being the absolute best racon you can. Weaving that quickly surprises me. I would've thought it was a dps loss. I think multiple instances of BFG end up ticking on the target. He also ditches Gravity Mine and only uses the Sam Wilson team-up for vulnerability. There's a couple heroes I should try that on.

Makes me excited to buy Rocky. I've been wanting him for some time (almost used my free ticket on him) but I didn't like his default costume. I got the Movie one from a drop and well now I just need some Gs. I hoping for a 50% sale so I can go nuts. Gonna buy Big Pun (or Luke Cage), Mr. F, Invisible Mom, and Rocket.

Also, I'm looking for some newish players (or maybe unlucky), I have a gift to give away. It's pretty cool and thought a new supergroup team member could make use of it. I was gonna give it to Lemon Cupcake, but wasn't sure if they were new or not and they weren't on last night. Seems like they are new cause it sounded like they just passed their first Cosmic Trial. I thought this might be an appropriate gift.

flirty dental hygienist
Jul 24, 2007

FUN HEROES

200 splinter heroes - Daredevil, Hawkeye, Taskmaster

400 splinter heroes - War Machine, Wolverine, Ant-Man, Cable, Colossus, Gambit, Mr. F, Moon Knight, Titty Pride, Cap A, Squirrel Girl

600 splinter heroes - Spider-Man, Ghost Rider

EDIT - Forgot Squirrel Girl, wow...

flirty dental hygienist fucked around with this message at 22:06 on Jun 20, 2016

flirty dental hygienist
Jul 24, 2007

Kainser posted:

Did anyone at all want ultron?

If he's shaping up to be another Hawkeye or Wolverine or a lovely Doom clone, then yes, I will most likely get him at some point.

flirty dental hygienist
Jul 24, 2007

MC Nietzche posted:

I'm curious because I am fairly new to the game, who goes on the bad list?

Pretty much any hero that I enjoy :(

Hawkeye, Wolverine, Ant-Man, Colossus, Daredevil (?), Squirrel Girl, Taskmaster, War Machine, Mr. Fantastic (only played him on test center though), etc., etc.

flirty dental hygienist
Jul 24, 2007

Bananas make me have really nice poops. Pooping makes me feel good. Therefore a comment from a yellowman would be like a really nice dump, meaning it is good.

flirty dental hygienist
Jul 24, 2007

Just proves Hawkeye is the best hero

flirty dental hygienist
Jul 24, 2007

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

If you want to be a real man and think outside yourself, I recommend buying one as a gift and saving it for newbies in the future.

Seriously, that's incredibly helpful for the future goons who will play and makes a great gift that only cost you just slightly more than a loving Burger King 10 piece nugget.

LMAO at someone buying a gift for another person. They'd rather eat the burg

EDIT - Is this patch adding in all the new travel powers? And will it really reset all of my abilities?

flirty dental hygienist fucked around with this message at 15:37 on Jun 24, 2016

flirty dental hygienist
Jul 24, 2007

Hy_C posted:

So which of these 80 legendaries should I be holding on to? Or can I not scrap them for Odin marks?

Keep all except Norm Stones and the Nullifier, maybe keep one Gungnir and one Excaluber, and one M'Kraan? I think the best ones are the Axe, Shield, and Trident.

flirty dental hygienist
Jul 24, 2007

The Moon Monster posted:

I tried gearing up Magento because he's a cool character with cool moves and here's my scientific opinion:

Mobility: C
Single Target Damage: C
Survivability: D+
AoE: A+
Orb Picking Up: A+
Sig: A+++
Default Costume: F what is this poo poo
Ult: Looks awesome but isn't actually very good

His sig is as good as a lot of characters' ults and elevates him to playable status.

Hmmm... sounds like a character I'd enjoy then. Thanks!

flirty dental hygienist
Jul 24, 2007

flirty dental hygienist
Jul 24, 2007

Chilichimp posted:

It's gonna be Captain Hydra isn't it?

Hopefully. Or one of these

flirty dental hygienist
Jul 24, 2007

Grinning Goblin posted:

Did you even check with the kate bishop stume?

The post HoldMyOwn was quoting had a picture of Kate Bishop and her bow was the same generic one. Just shows how good Hawkeye is, he can use a trashy Walmart bow and still own.

flirty dental hygienist
Jul 24, 2007

Ajax posted:

What is your stance on boat wives?

I can't comment since I have no clue what a boat wife is.

flirty dental hygienist
Jul 24, 2007

Literally The Worst posted:

Is he four hundred splinters

Don't care then

Also Deadpool sucks

I like this guy.

flirty dental hygienist
Jul 24, 2007

Holyshoot posted:

You two are a match made in heaven apparently.

He didn't claim undying love for Hawkeye or Wolverine so I give our relationship at least 2 months before it fizzles out. I'm willing to give it a shot, but he needs to put some effort in. I just hope LemonDrop doesn't mind :ohdear:

flirty dental hygienist
Jul 24, 2007

Chilichimp posted:

Oh, my bad, I didn't know people on this forum hated fun poo poo.

...have you tried hawkeye?

I don't think you realize who you're talking to…

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

yes and yes

Polegrinder is chelatek 2.0 aka everything he says is wrong and dumb.

He LOVES hawkeye

VVVV Yes

flirty dental hygienist fucked around with this message at 20:11 on Jun 30, 2016

flirty dental hygienist
Jul 24, 2007

Aerofallosov posted:

I do like summer, but alas, the days of chasing ice cream trucks are over. :(

Also, after getting the character in beta as a birthday gift, I finally had one hit 60 after all these years. :shobon:

... now I should figure out what the heck I'm really supposed to be doing.

Uh, Cosmic Prestige. Get on it!!

flirty dental hygienist
Jul 24, 2007

cl_gibcount 9999 posted:

here are my 2 favorite Ultron builds so far. Both are really fun and effective, have nukes that hit for over 1m white dmg, and I can't tell which I like better so I swap between them at will.

First up is the pure ranged:

All bandwidth is spent on getting 2 strong ranged nukes, encephalo and crush. Clears screens full of mobs pretty much instantly.

Next up is melee/ranged hybrid:

This time the super nuke is Operation: Slam. It's slightly weaker than encephalo (and a smaller area) but it has a 2s shorter cooldown. The crashdown is also somewhat weaker than Swarm, as it doesn't scale with pet dmg, but it always brutals and it hits in a big area, so it's fantastic for clearing out mobs. This build is significantly tankier than the ranged one as well, yet still clears screens very effectively, thanks to the crashdown and the irradiate dot. (feel free to take the vuln skill in left tree instead of dumping leftover points in crush)

Here is another variation of the melee/ranged hybrid that trades some of the personal defenses for 2 pets to draw fire and deal more damage for you:

This is great, thanks! I was trying to figure out a nice ranged build for him. Gonna try this out after I get home from work.

flirty dental hygienist
Jul 24, 2007

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

Bing's Ultron Guide for being a Pro

http://marvelheroes.info/build/45252/

You'll notice he is an expert on Ultron and deserves millions of upvotes because his stats are:

Xx CR
xx BR
xx DR

and other numbers like xx% CDR.

Bing owns and I follow all his guides because they own. I also got Wolverine to Red Prestige today because he owns. Alas I am not man enough to make him pee yellow though... sorry for being a failure. At least I know my dad was right now. I'd never amount to anything.

flirty dental hygienist
Jul 24, 2007

HoldMyOwn posted:

Maybe not pee yellow, but what about iridescent yellow

Perhaps I will turn him cosmic now that this event is over. No bonus xp, no boosts. That will show my true undying love for Wolverine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flirty dental hygienist
Jul 24, 2007

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

Sorry if this was posted.

Gifting is dead.

I couldn't have asked for a better birthday gift!!! Thanks Gaz :smith:

• Locked thread