Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

Detective No. 27 posted:

I'm gonna try to beat Twilight Princess this weekend in my abandoned HD playthrough. The game demands me to do some fishing to continue the plot. Fishing in games is my kryptonite.

Speaking of kryptonite. Another reason Twilight Princess sucks, you can't transform into/from wolf form around people. Who the gently caress cares if Link can turn into a wolf? He's not Clark Kent. There are no stakes in keeping this secret. Uggghhhhhhhhh.

Do you want to burn at the stake for being a witch?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

Vanrushal posted:

So is the WiiU version of BotW going to be available digitally or did I mildly inconvenience myself by just assuming it would be? I would have thought it'd be up for preorder on the eshop by now, but all I get for searching is a bunch of videos.

It's digital (as far as Nintendo's Japanese page says). Preorder isn't up yet for it.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

Detective No. 27 posted:

Link gave no shits about transforming into all manner of things in Majora's Mask whenever he wanted to and that's the best Zelda so far. :colbert:

When you have 3 days to live, witches are the least of your concern. :colbert:

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

Cojawfee posted:

Are you talking about the Amazon preorders? I didn't even think about that. That's hilarious. How does eBay even handle something like that? Make the seller eat the fees?

Technically they're not supposed to allow preorders as eBay prefers you actually physically have the item you're selling. Auctions could be killed or seller gets negative feedback if a refund is somehow not feasible and eat fees.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

Calaveron posted:

I think they mentioned that only the switch version would have special and master editions

This is correct as this is used to entice people to buy a Switch.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

Mahoning posted:

The fact that pretty much every article said that if you set foot outside the plateau without being prepared, you pretty much die instantly from the elements/enemies?

Besides I'm sure the embargo had more stipulations than simply "the first five hours".

A couple outlets noted they can't name places or enemies, etc too.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

Djarum posted:

I got a Wolf Link amiibo on the way, can I just use it with BotW or do I need to find someone with a WiiU and Twilight Princess HD to unlock stuff?

You can use it. He'll just have 3 hearts. If you do the Cave of Trials Shadows in TPHD you can get more.

8-bit Miniboss fucked around with this message at 05:03 on Feb 25, 2017

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

Valicious posted:

Apparently someone got the Zelda amiibo and it's up on ebay already
http://www.ebay.com/itm/162408845698?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1558.l2649

That guy's wall... :eyepop:

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

Steve2911 posted:

Skyward Sword is maybe the worst Nintendo game ever made.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

Calaveron posted:

Have you done the Ancient Cistern dungeon?
Because that is the best Zelda dungeon so far, once you're done with that, you're free to go

Ancient Cistern is an excellent dungeon. Definitely my favorite in Skyward Sword. And best boss music (even if it was used with Moldarach first) before Ghirahim's multiple boss tracks.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YZG7nVXS8Lw

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

Calaveron posted:

Jesus why is it taking so long JESUS WHY ARE SPOILERS SO PREVALENT I WANT TO READ THEM BUT I KNOW I ACTUALLY DON
T ARGHGHH

Because the Wii U has been compromised almost to the level the 3DS is.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

Olive Garden tonight! posted:

My Amazon order for Wii U finally updated from 'possibly never' to 'Expected to Ship March 3rd, Arriving Tuesday'. I guess it's better than nothing, but what the gently caress Amazon. That's not release date delivery.

That's when you contact support and ask what the gently caress happened.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

pentyne posted:

It says "will be arriving by Friday" for my order but it still hasn't shipped. I get the feeling that not all Amazon buyers are going to be getting it when they were promised.

Or people such as me live so close to distribution points that they won't ship until Thursday night and show up on Friday just fine.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

Bardeh posted:

How long until the review embargo is up?

3:00 AM PST according to some outlets.

Edit: I never remember daylight savings. :argh:

8-bit Miniboss fucked around with this message at 05:31 on Mar 2, 2017

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

Farg posted:

can the default white wii u store digital botw

Nope, it's bigger than 8GB. You'll need a hard drive.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

oddium posted:

hi what does the orb you get from the blue hinox do. sorry if this was probably asked before

If you are where I think you are, that is one third of a key to open a shrine. That area has 3 Hinoxes of different colors and in between them all are 3 holes for orbs, kill each one and take their orb to a small plateau to place in a hole, if it doesn't turn blue, you put it in the wrong hole.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

Republicans posted:

Beedle is mildly upsetting to look at in this game. They tried to make him look like a normal person instead of an exaggerated cartoon and it's just loving weird.

I was concerned that he was given some muscle definition.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

Hedrigall posted:

Hahahahaha after about 15 minutes of trying everything I could think of, I finally figured out the "Bravery's Grasp" shrine (where the switch makes the steps go up and down but you can't shoot the switch from the steps, there's a wall in the way)

You can pick up the laser :aaaaa:

In another shrine, you can also stasis a laser for a delayed action.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

Infinitum posted:

Apparently you can buy a house

So I bought it and it has racks to store weapons, shields, and bows. Now I'm not running around with the weapons you get post-dungeons :swoon:

Same. Did this when I saw the repair cost of the Zora's weapon.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

Anyone know why my Wolf Link has 20 hearts if I never touched the Cave of Shadows in TPHD?

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

I sorta hate this game making me want more amiibo. I only got the wolf link one because of TPHD and a free Sheik from a raffle...

Their master plan maybe???

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

Ice Fist posted:

Is there anyway to see the current durability level of a weapon/bow/shield?

There's no granular number to look at but there are icon and states to it. If there's a glinting in the corner of the icon, it's brand new. If the entire item is blinking red, it's about to break. Other than that, you're depending on the item's description to hint at its durability (i.e. bone arms will say they're brittle or whatever while stuff like Knight's Shield will promote it's durability).

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

Your Computer posted:

How exactly are you supposed to use the Sheikah Sensor? I turned it off immediately when I got it because the constant beeping ruined ~my immersion~, but I'm trying to use the upgraded version to find things now and the sensor just seems... random. Is mine broken? From the description it sounds like it will beep faster if you're going in the right direction, but even when I'm going in a straight line it will rapidly change.

You turn in a direction until the sensor grows and then you start going in that direction. If there's multiple resources it'll freak out a bit because you're surrounded by them. It gets even squirrelly when your target are living things that move around.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

Dr Pepper posted:

I don't think torches can break if you just use them to light fires.

At least, it hasn't happened to me.

Yeah it's fine. So far they've only broken when I smacked a bokoblin on its noggin with it.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

I will say Wizzrobes are the creepiest looking this iteration.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

Internet Kraken posted:

So guardians have gone from terrifying me to a joke in the span of 10 minutes. Turns out you can infinite stunlock them with arrows. I kind of assumed they'd shut their eye at some point but no. All you need to do to kill one is let it walk up to you behind a wall. Then you run out, shoot it once, stab with your weapon of choice, shoot it again for another stun, repeat. The only thing keeping me from hunting them now is that it would be hell on my weapon durability.

You could also just perfect parry their eyebeams. Requires learning some timing though.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

Cojawfee posted:

I had a blood moon go off while in the middle of a fight with a bunch of Moblins and bokoblins, and skeletoons. gently caress that.

The moment I see those Calamity Ganon corruption particles and I'm in a enemy camp, I book it. It's the worst!

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

Pollyanna posted:

Holy poo poo I just found the Lost Woods. Can I get you-know-what as soon as I get here or do I have to come back later?

No. Remember back in Zelda 1 where you need a certain amount of heart containers to get the Silver Sword and the Magic Sword? That's back.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

parallelodad posted:

If you have a flame sword you can just equip it and don't need cold resist anymore.

Sonuvabitch, I could have used that on Mt. Lanayru. Not really though because I ran out of arrows for the dragon up there.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

Your Computer posted:

I finally did one of the beasts, but now there's a huge ugly red beam spoiling my view of the beautiful scenery. :smith: There's no way to turn that off, is there?

No, it's important.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

Megasabin posted:

Man I have no idea how you guys are getting so far or how people have beaten the game. It takes me forever to do any objective, because I just have too much fun wandering around exploring every nook and cranny. I feel like it's going to take me a least a month to beat this game.

You can squeeze in more playtime while taking a poo poo.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

squidgee posted:

Man gently caress this motion control shrine. Why would they sully the otherwise awesome shrine puzzles with this POS.

Much like the Native Americans and the buffalo, Nintendo uses every part of the Switch.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

Megasabin posted:

Do mushrooms/plants regrow? Do ore mines regenerate?

Yes.

Internet Kraken posted:

What does shock resistance even do? I see no clear effect from using it unlike cold and fire resistance.

You'll take less damage and not drop your weapon when shocked.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

Soul Glo posted:

How much time should I set aside for the Zora dungeon?

Macintosh HD posted:

You should be able to finish it within an hour if you're focused.

Hedrigall posted:

Shouldn't take more than 30-45 minutes

Calaveron posted:

The Zora dungeon itself, just the zora dungeon no other build up? It's actually pretty short, probably 30 minutes, 45 tops.

I'd also recommend bringing a good amount of arrows.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

Calaveron posted:

I'm mad I gave a Zora child 5 hot foot frogs for a measly 50 rupees return when the frogs are used to upgrade the climbing set :mad:

I got frogs coming out of my pockets, they are not rare.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

Better Fred Than Dead posted:

It's me, I skip the great fairy upgrade cutscenes, the inventory upgrade cutscenes, and the shrine opening and completing cutscenes. But I never, ever, skip cooking.

Sometimes I make dubious food on purpose.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

Pollyanna posted:

Trying to do the deer hunting minigame for money. I thought the Sheikah clothes made you super stealthy? The deer still immediately run away from me and I can't sneak up on them at all. Do I need to rely on my bow still, or what?

Shock and awe them, with bombs.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

Willo567 posted:

Does armor break in this game? And but is there any key tool that doesn't break in this game, other than weapons

Armor does not break. Yes, the one you're thinking of, it doesn't break, but does need a cooldown period from time to time.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

GobiasIndustries posted:

How does one avoid lightning? It one-shots me every time.

During a thunderstorm? Take off whatever metal weapon you have equipped. Inventory UI will place lightning marks on all affected gear.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

alf_pogs posted:

this game has the best cast of korokters

Yahaha! You found me!

Buh-bye!