Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SuccinctAndPunchy
Mar 29, 2013

People are supposed to get hurt by things. It's fucked up to not. It's not good for you.
Is this out in Europe yet?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SuccinctAndPunchy
Mar 29, 2013

People are supposed to get hurt by things. It's fucked up to not. It's not good for you.

Petr posted:

Should I trespass into the church's memorial crematory distributions garden for pokemans Y/N vote below

Nah, you'll probably just get weak Ghost types.

SuccinctAndPunchy
Mar 29, 2013

So, what faction are we all going into? We should organise this poo poo.

SuccinctAndPunchy
Mar 29, 2013

Rafza posted:

we're all spread out all over the world, there's no viable way to organize this outside of local-area meetups

also, you can't change teams (yet) so that makes it harder

Fair enough, I guess I'll just pick Red because I have no other ideas.

SuccinctAndPunchy
Mar 29, 2013

Smithereens posted:

contrary to the popular belief that it is a cool and good thing for kids to die playing an innocent game, i believe it is an uncool and bad thing that happens and that we shouldn't be so happily forthright about such things happening rather we should probably actively attempt to prevent our fellow gamers from getting hurt. minimize gaming-related fatalities!!

It's not cool and good but let's be real here, someone's going to get themselves killed playing Pokemon GO eventually.

SuccinctAndPunchy
Mar 29, 2013

Speaking of, I've finally managed to get into Pokemon GO for the first time since the servers were making GBS threads themselves all of yesterday and I can't even play the game. There's spots on the field, tapping them does nothing, so I moved to one and it tried to make me lob pokeballs at what I assume is an invisible Bulbasaur with no explanation of how this works, presumably made harder by the absence of the actual Pokemon I'm supposed to be catching. So i catch it anyway, where upon the Pokeball stays open and the game just crashes outright.

i tried to reboot the game and it seems to have outright crashed on the loading screen

Game doesn't work at all. Why is this a release

e: i got back in and apparently I got a Bulbasaur! Neat.

SuccinctAndPunchy fucked around with this message at 11:37 on Jul 8, 2016

SuccinctAndPunchy
Mar 29, 2013

Aithon posted:

Pokemon don't seem to show up for me in AR mode, but that's apparently because my phone doesn't have the necessary motion sensors. Might be this? There's an AR on/off switch on the top right corner of the catching UI.

I never turned the AR on to start with.

SuccinctAndPunchy
Mar 29, 2013

I can't even really play the game because it refuses to load into the game on mobile data for some reason (a mobile game might need to use mobile data to load???) and I have to use wi-fi to load in and then go out hunting but if the game crashes (and it will) I am hosed and can't get back in until I locate more wi-fi

what is wrong with this poo poo

SuccinctAndPunchy
Mar 29, 2013

Played the game for like 2 hours on my work commute and out of like 5 potential Pokemon captures, a resounding gently caress-all of them counted due to the game crashing everytime I caught one. This is annoying enough because everytime the game crashes you have to reload the app and this game has the single longest boot time of any mobile game I've ever seen, it's doubly annoying because then I just can't get back into the game at all since the servers are so poo poo, and then it's triply annoying because my catches don't loving count

i have no idea how i've managed to reach level 3 like this with the game just killing itself nearly everytime I try and catch something

SuccinctAndPunchy
Mar 29, 2013

Kharmakazy posted:

How about you stop? No wonder the servers are hosed if everyone in the world is elbowing to get into something only designed for certain regions to use right now.

lol at blaming people in other countries over Niantic's remarkable lack of any foresight regarding how to launch a video game

SuccinctAndPunchy
Mar 29, 2013

Kharmakazy posted:

It's literally their fault. If I invite 30 people to my party and buy enough food for 30 people and you show up with 60 people I didn't invite it's not my fault if I run out of food.

Media outlets were even telling people to download third party versions of the game to bypass region restrictions, and now a whole lot of people are going to have a real bad time because of it.

https://www.proofpoint.com/us/threat-insight/post/droidjack-uses-side-load-backdoored-pokemon-go-android-app

hurrdurr we're going to release this game in a public format where literally anyone who is sufficiently determined can gain access to it wait why are there tons of people playing the game and loving up our servers

You have to be loving dense to not see this coming. Blaming players for wanting to play the video game is retarded.

SuccinctAndPunchy
Mar 29, 2013

oddium posted:

how do i send the game fake gps data to put me in NYC. that's a thing right

Sure, if you want to get banned.

SuccinctAndPunchy
Mar 29, 2013

Rastor posted:

For those willing to pay to win:

http://www.pokewalk.com/

hahaha this is the stupidest loving thing

SuccinctAndPunchy
Mar 29, 2013

Snatch Duster posted:

Hmm yes, let me learn some old snake coding language only known by the weird smelly nerds who never talk to anyone at the office so i can calculate the optimal path for a children's game.

basic python isn't that arcane jesus

SuccinctAndPunchy
Mar 29, 2013

twice the game decided to make pokemon I'd never seen before appear during the game's transition to me catching some common shitter like a zubat and when I'd run away from the common to try and catch the new thing, the game decided they'd ran away instead.

loving bullshit, dude. Why the gently caress did the game decide to make them vanish after like, not even 10 seconds?

SuccinctAndPunchy
Mar 29, 2013

Kabuki Shipoopi posted:

It has nothing to do with being tech phobic. Someone is explaining how to do a thing I don't understand, in terms I don't understand. But sure, teaching yourself a programming language and basically compiling your own program is just as easy as driving a car. :jerkbag:

hahahaha look at this moron who thinks basic python is harder than learning to drive a car

Seriously, brother, come on man, it's ok to not want to bother learning it or anything because it is broadly less useful than learning to drive but literally every motherfucker in this thread could get the basics if they wanted to

SuccinctAndPunchy
Mar 29, 2013

post of the year

Dr Tran posted:

On an iPhone, is GPS drift better or worse with Wifi on?

Your location is calculated more accurately with wi-fi on, so if your goal is to make the GPS spaz out for free egg hatching, turn it off.

SuccinctAndPunchy
Mar 29, 2013

Cartouche posted:

Oh no, a company may be misleading people who seek to cheat the system. :abloo:

more like people who seek to make the game playable since they actively removed a feature from the game because they're dumb lol

Bad post is bad.

SuccinctAndPunchy
Mar 29, 2013

theflyingexecutive posted:

It's a free game, you don't have to play it. You are not entitled to a game feature and you are not morally justified in stealing from a company in order to sate this entitlement

continuing to reaffirm my belief that people who seriously use the word "entitlement" as an argument are several kinds of retarded

nice meltdown tho bro, I'm sure you'll change a lot of minds

SuccinctAndPunchy
Mar 29, 2013

I'm not so delusional as to think I can post away the scanner problem, I'm just enjoying the mental gymnastics people are willing to use to defend the cheating and hacking they use about a children's game to avoid doing exercise

are you conflating scanner apps with GPS spoofing or something because you still have to physically walk to the location of the pokemon you scanned to catch it, in no way does that avoid exercise.

It's the 2016 version of "I can't pirate movies because I wasn't going to buy a ticket anyway"

in no way are these equivocal

pick a better hill to die on, retard

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SuccinctAndPunchy
Mar 29, 2013

poemdexter posted:

"But mom, EVERYONE was doing it!"

why are there two idiots in this thread mad about harmless poo poo like this you think the idiocy would be contained to one person

do you get mad when people use external tools to check their pokemon IVs in the actual handheld games??? Because that's a thing people do and you'd probably get laughed at for implying that's cheating somehow

ya'll got funny ideas on what constitutes cheating and an even funnier view of how people who play video games work

• Locked thread