Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Danger
Jan 4, 2004

all desire - the thirst for oil, war, religious salvation - needs to be understood according to what he calls 'the demonogrammatical decoding of the Earth's body'
The Rockabilly connection was good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Danger
Jan 4, 2004

all desire - the thirst for oil, war, religious salvation - needs to be understood according to what he calls 'the demonogrammatical decoding of the Earth's body'
The Zizek comparison is pretty choice

Danger
Jan 4, 2004

Lol at that dumb tv list that says it’s delving into the arc of the last golden age of television and nowhere mentions The Shield.

Danger
Jan 4, 2004

No woke Batman discussion can conclude without pointing out that the current Batman is written by an ex CIA goon who participated in the Iraqi invasion on 2003.

Danger
Jan 4, 2004

FlamingLiberal posted:

Will's been watching DS9 lately so I would love a Trek episode

They did a Trek episode except it was on a show called Cum Town.

Danger
Jan 4, 2004

Goofballs posted:

Maybe the translation is terrible but Lacan is unreadable in English, like even worse than Derrida. There is an English writer called Bruce Fink who explains what he was on about in fairly clear terms. Just putting that out there in case someone punishes themselves for no reason trying to read Lacan, you will have a bad time if you do.

Zizek’s book in Lacan is good too even if he completely ignores half of what Lacan was saying.

Danger
Jan 4, 2004

Goofballs posted:

That's Zizek being Zizek and its what I like about his books. Fink is a lot dryer but very much doing his best to explain coherently, a task I wish Lacan placed any value in. He doesn't have a lot of rhetorical flourish but you finish a chapter you have whole concept, up to you if you think its cracked or not.

I actually really appreciate his book on Deleuze for this same sort of thing. Like he somehow explains Deleuze somewhat coherently while also using it to illustrate diametrically opposite concepts than what D&G were after.

Danger
Jan 4, 2004

For whomever was asking for a Star Trek episode, will is on this weeks cum town so of course they spend half the episode talking about Star Trek.

Danger
Jan 4, 2004

Dunno if there’s a better place to ask and I don’t care, but is there no dedicated true anon thread?

Danger
Jan 4, 2004

Virgil seems like he’s been absent a lot more ever since he started dating dasha

Danger
Jan 4, 2004

how are there still folks out there who don’t know bellingcat is a cia cutout

Danger
Jan 4, 2004

TerminalSaint posted:

Because every time it comes up people just state it as fact with no further explanation.

If only this secret truth wasn't so well hidden:

Danger
Jan 4, 2004

FlamingLiberal posted:

That woman needs to be institutionalized

Ma’am the question was can you please draw a clock face

Danger
Jan 4, 2004

The mcu stuff is trash but yea go enjoy your like 4 hour mic tasteless wankfest I guess

Edit: Lol just remembering iron has the scene where his robot suit will only target the bad Arabs and ends with him saying he has privatized freedom or some poo poo like that

Danger
Jan 4, 2004

Adam taking Virgil's place would absolutely be a trade up.

Danger
Jan 4, 2004

Bust Rodd posted:

I’m absolutely a grime lord and I’ve been dragging a tempurpedic foam mattress around for the last 8-9 years so there are some truly legendary stains on this motherfucker. Any time I do sheets and bedcover (probably once a week) I get to take an old trip down memory lane.

I used to be really into the novelty of it when my understanding was that squirting was ‘rare’ but then I had 3 chicks in a fuckin’ row all do it and Skittles is EXACTLY right. There’s a very obvious breakpoint (usually under 60 seconds) where you’re like “yeah baby that’s right, I’m Bust Rodd, Erotic Genius, playin’ that pussy like a fuckin’ sex harmonica, taking you to places you didn’t know existed, unlocking the sexual potential deep within your womanly vapors” and then a second later you’re like “drat if squirt doesn’t look and feel and kinda smell like watery piss...”

Then again what happens to you everytime someone tells u not to bust? EXACTLY!

Since were already on topic, the true and unique joy of squirt is absolutely when you’re young, early 20’s, and it’s the first time it’s happening to them. There is seriously no funnier a face a woman makes under any circumstance then watching their own pussy explode for the first time and just watching them be so shocked and confused at wtf is happening down there.

This has been a 6 AM real horny post from Bust Rodd, getting ready for work, to my peeps in the Jizz City thread

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

.....ok why done we just move on to Conner’s daddy. So tell us about your job as a firefighter

Danger
Jan 4, 2004

Bust Rodd posted:

The article also kind of glosses over a huge component of the show, which is essentially that Wanda is as much of the villain as anyone else, and anytime you see a mortal, non-military person on screen, they are either being mind controlled or they are literally crying in terror or begging for their lives and the lives of their children, that’s how terrible and evil Wanda is. If the show is really about Wanda’s grief and pain and TRAWMA then how can you possibly ignore the grief/trauma/pain she is causing literally 3,000 people whom she held hostage in a helraiser/Freddy Krueger style nightmare for a month. There is literally no sane reading of this show in which Wanda is not literally the supervillain bad guy.

Yea it’s odd how no one on Twitter or like io9 or whatever are talking about the message of how someone projecting their trauma across an entire unwitting community is perhaps not a good depiction of processing trauma

Danger
Jan 4, 2004

This is a better joke than any joke in that movie.

Danger
Jan 4, 2004

I don’t know the context for why they bring it up but Dallas is a pretty seminal tv show.

Danger
Jan 4, 2004

Now is the time for Adam to move in to fill the vacuum.

Danger
Jan 4, 2004

Lol cum town has done more to change the world than any podcast Virgil has and will be a part of. I’m referencing Bam here but there’s probably other examples

Danger
Jan 4, 2004

Groovelord Neato posted:

The second season of the Confession Tapes had a loner kid who got entrapped by a highly paid confidential informant at his mosque. Sometime during the months the CI was trying to talk him into poo poo he'd gone to Pakistan for a family wedding and the feds claimed he'd gone for terrorism training and broke him down enough to "confess" to it. Except the site where he said the camp was located is a dense forest and was practically walking distance from a CIA office and they never went to check. He got 20 something years if I remember right.

I used to be big into conspiracy stuff and would even read all those Disinformation books and this was the first I heard of McVeigh not being able to build the bomb. It wasn't a super complicated deal. It is funny that one of my Disinformation books did claim there was a third unknown involved with OKC but they left out it was just a guy who happened to be at the Ryder rental in a Panthers hat or something and they knew who it was.

I’m afraid I must recommend Wendy Painting’s Aberration in the Heartland of the Real. I apologize because it will completely destroy your brain.

Danger
Jan 4, 2004

Meltdown may was weeks ago except if you are posting about podcasts for some reason

Danger
Jan 4, 2004

Why do people like this guy lol

Danger
Jan 4, 2004

Boywhiz88 posted:

I hope they talk about the native school poo poo in Canada soon. Too many awful takes and articles to not have Matt go off McCardle-style.

True Anon, the better podcast and still only non-pedophile podcast, already covered this well.

Danger
Jan 4, 2004

missed teh convo but I took felix's tweet mainly to be anger at the lying media not printing the denominator to that statistic.

Danger
Jan 4, 2004

It makes absolutely perfect sense why one of the most popular podcasts out there is banned from the podcast forum actually
You see sometimes they say the bad words. Oh? I see you are pointing at the 10 year old running threads of similar content? Well those are ironic or something.

Danger
Jan 4, 2004

Whether or not Oswald was the shooter is like the least consequential or even interesting element of the whole thing.

Danger
Jan 4, 2004

Starting JFK and the Unspeakable after a Relistening to death corner’s jfk series. Anyone have more context in the 5th episode? Did he just pull it because of the Jimmy File bullshit? Even if File bullshitted (and I think he was involved in some way as the shot he confessed to about Whitestar he couldn’t have known unless he was involved at the time) I think the kind of narrative he paints in the last episode is still a better explanation than the official story.

Danger
Jan 4, 2004

The intelligence community has successfully pulled off a poo poo ton of foreign coups and several domestic ones absolutely no one gives a poo poo.

Danger
Jan 4, 2004

Bryant’s book on the Franklin scandal is incredibly lucid, unnerving, and good.

Danger
Jan 4, 2004

Grevling posted:

Oswald was just a defector to the USSR for a stint, then returned and was running an obviously fake pro-cuba group while hanging out with a white russians, nothing to see here.

Just some dude camped outside the cia building in Mexico City saying “my name is Lee Oswald and I’m going to kill the president”

Danger
Jan 4, 2004

dreffen posted:

My wife and I went down the opposite path and watched The Leftovers. Perfect time and place for that show. Wouldn’t have had it any other way.

Leftovers is a really good antidote for that positive psychology crap that is Ted Lasso. It’s specifically about how trying to ignore the world falling apart leaves you hollow. About the pure terror of faith and uncompromising love for one another.

Danger
Jan 4, 2004

Vim Fuego posted:

The interview episodes are so, so bad. especially when its a topic I have no knowledge about or interest in (this is afaik every interview ep). They completely skip context, fail to introduce the subject in a coherent fashion, and spend the whole time making inscrutable inside jokes and referencing conspiracy theories. The one saving grace is that everyone who interviews on chapo fails utterly at whatever endeavor was the subject of the interview

They're fine actually. You could go and get context if you wanted to. The Telemarketers interview was good. I'm not sure what you think they "failed" at.

Danger
Jan 4, 2004

Merlan has been reporting on OUR for like 5 years, well before the movie poo poo. She's a good follow on it.

Danger
Jan 4, 2004

I thought everyone knew that Justin Cass was arrested at Jan 6th

Danger
Jan 4, 2004

sock it to me! posted:

Another case where my rule of media consumption wins again: If you've read the book don't see the movie, and only see the movie if you haven't read the book.

Inherent Vice breaks this rule hard

Not that the movie is better but that each uses the medium

Danger
Jan 4, 2004

I love their effusion for Exorcist 3. Just rewatched it earlier this month and the good parts of it are so absolutely astounding for a "Horror" franchise film that it's headspinning. Absolutely Brad Dourif is doing some Marlon Brando tier monologuing and the whole thing is filmed with such skin crawling tension that what anyone else would have tried would come across as cheap but here is just perfect. Such a good loving movie. One of the best of the decade.

Danger
Jan 4, 2004

Famethrowa posted:

its a shame you can feel the studio meddling because the last act priest reveal is unbelievably stupid.

still one of my favorite movies though.

Yea I remember the first time seeing it and being utterly confused on who this was lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Danger
Jan 4, 2004

Halloween 3 is a great level of goofy but Exorcist 3 just transcends the genre. It’s also, in fairness, a hard one to watch retrospectively as soooo many well regarded movies were influenced by it.