Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
qbert
Oct 23, 2003

It's both thrilling and terrifying.

The Vinja Ninja posted:

I wish I got a better adept skill other than "Last Member of the fireteam" garbage. Anything else would have been better.

Is this a joke? All adept weapons get inherent Last Resort and only Last Resort.

Edit: Also Last Resort is great in Trials.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

Dopants posted:

No he didn't.

That's not even a real weapon perk.

That's Inverse Shadow and no adept gun has that.

I mean, maybe Y1 guns did I didn't play then. Are you sure your friend didn't get Bad Juju and mistake it for a Trials gun?

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

I'm guessing what happened was his friend got a Trials helm from the lighthouse with IS and he mistook it as his friend reading his gun perk.

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

Tresspasser's awesome. Let's me role play as Robocop.

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

Emron posted:

Why would I ever want to invert my x axis visually though? Is it just for the Crota Solo Inverted Using Bop It Controller crowd?

Adds more crazy game modes people can come up with in Private Matches.

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

Roman posted:

Deej just tweeted the owl site isn't theirs, so that's that

The Owl site is theirs, the Owl twitter is a fake.

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

moist turtleneck posted:

I just turned in a bunch of engrams and got a few of the new exotics. I'm glad they leaked those in early

Which ones?

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

moist turtleneck posted:

Nemesis Star and Perun’s Prowl, they look like they'll be beastly

I don't think Perun's Prowl is listed in the armory, must be a hidden exotic. What does it do?

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

Got the exotic raid pulse rifle. It is ridiculously fun to use in PvP. Killing someone with a precision shot and then watching as nanites burst from his head and swarm the very confused teammate standing next to him is pretty much the best feeling.

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

If you get any of the new IB emblems, don't delete them. I couldn't find them anywhere in my kiosk.

Also, Trials emblems seem to be bugged. If you have the Y1 exotic Trials emblem, the Y3 flawless and scarab emblems don't show up in your kiosk. Y2 players that don't have the exotic entries in their kiosk have the Y3 ones show up.

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

Best PvP primaries for me right now are Adept Blind Perdition and Clever Dragon with HCR/CB/Smallbore or Braced Frame. Both feel hilariously unfair versus other guns.

Grasp has better base stats than CD, but can't roll HCR.

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

Yeah p much. IB week when the pulse is dropping is gonna be lit

The dragon is probably better in terms of pure TTK because of the archetype, but having intrinsic snapshot to counter the handling hit from HCr and the target highlighting makes the aBP v v g.

What perks are you running on BP out of curiosity, since you're much much better at PvP than me? I'm running Smooth Ballistics, Hand-Laid, HCR, CB. Ideal?

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

Word is that the middle scope produces a vertical recoil pattern.

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

el B posted:

It'd be cool to get one of the Raid shaders. Does it work like Oryx, in that you can have a different class armors in a single character's inventory and that will count as having a complete set? Only thing I'd be missing is a class item.

No it does not. One character needs to be equipped with everything (including class item) for the shader to unlock.

All my characters are just missing one thing each at this point. Helmets for my Hunter and Warlock, and chest piece for my Titan. :(

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

I will never be "Fusions yay!"

I'm lazy and prefer to just shotgun like a scrub.

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

kzin602 posted:

...think about how much better Destiny would be with a even slightly better matchmaking backend.

Now that my dudes are all at 350-353 light, should I be doing AF or would striked be better for getting my LL up? Searching for Archons Forge Loot or Archon's Forge Drops only seems to have resources on how to DO Archons Forge, not what I can actually get there, all I've gotten so far are 351 Titan Towels and Warlock Bonds.

You should just do Heroic Strike playlist until you hit 365. You're guaranteed at least 2 blues at the end of each strike that are higher LL than what you're at currently, up to 365. After that you can do Forge or Raid or Faction rank ups to get from 365 to 385.

Forge would probably be too dependent on whether or not you find random pubs to grind with you, and you're not guaranteed loot doing an offering (loot is randomly given to any of the participants, kind of like Crucible).

Edit: To answer your question re: loot in Archon's Forge, you can get class items up to 385, or weapons you can only get via Forge up to 365. The sniper (But Not Forgotten) and the FR (Saladin's Vigil) are considered top weapons in PvP.

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

Super No Vacancy posted:

is hard mode out

No, next Tuesday.

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

200 SC and no Ophidians. I'm done with the game for a while.

Took me 10 engrams (190 SC) to get it.

I dunno what's up with Bungie's "Weighted towards what you don't already have" algorithm but it's not working very well. OA was literally the only exotic left in the game I didn't own and decrypting 3 Grasps followed by random Titan poo poo was pretty disheartening.

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

Oovee posted:

so what makes the warlock opium gauntlets so good?

All your weapons gain QuickDraw, you get fast reload on all guns, you get increased grenade distance perk AND fast melee perk simultaneously, and you get Voidwalker's The Hunger perk for free.

Literally the most used exotic for Warlocks across all subclasses in Trials last week.

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

How many World's First groups are going to be furiously decrypting engrams when HM arrives?

I hope it's some group that just dives in for that 5 minute head start that does it.

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

I got a 391 class item from AF, so they definitely drop above 385.

Also got a 394 helm from an exotic engram (was 390 LL at the time), so that bug seems bogus too.

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

xzzy posted:

The IB version of not forgotten can get some pretty slick rolls though, so aim for that one.

That's the Glass Promontory archetype, which is mid-impact. But Not Forgotten is High-Impact, same as 1kys, Longbow, Winged Word, etc.

Lightning Knight posted:

Well yeah. I just thought I'd observe that it's not the same.

What's the best sniper to be using for PVP? I was using Event Horizon and it felt ok. I have a good LDR, an average Longbow, and a good 1000 Yard as well.

Edit: I mostly mean for Trials. I'm using Last Word or MIDA as my primary.

Choices are probably Event Horizon (Black Spindle archetype), or But Not Forgotten (1kys archetype but with barrels that raise impact, thus allowing it to kill some more supers), or Winged Word (Trials sniper).

Edit: Also to correct from previous page, But Not Forgotten's zoom is 5.2, same as Longview 10.

qbert fucked around with this message at 00:17 on Oct 21, 2016

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

My PB, CB, Spray and Play Grasp had 77 Stability and like 34 Range and was my go-to primary for a long time.

Then I got a Clever Dragon from my last IB bounty that had Smallbore, HCR, CB and it has 77 Stability with 43 RANGE. It's basically my Grasp only an insane amount more range + the added flinch of HCR, it feels like cheat mode.

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

xzzy posted:

Not sure about the goofy hilight enemies feature. I guess it helps separate them from scenery.

In PvP you can see enemies through grenades and smoke bombs. It's pretty useful.

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

In Trials, if everyone on both teams wave at the beginning of a match, no heavy ammo spawns during heavy round.

WHOA.

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

haveblue posted:

IB next week. Control, dropping pulse/HMG/chest/legs.

Well...gently caress yes.

Best PvP mode, dropping the best two IB weapons and the hardest two armor pieces to get at 400 LL.

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

FishBulb posted:

So what's the pulse optimal roll i should go for so I know what to trash all week

BF, CB, HCR.

Mine has Smallbore, CB, HCR and I land crits all day with minimal effort. Can't even imagine what even more stability will be like.

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

texaholic posted:

How good is the perfect balance, field scout, counter balance IB machine gun I got last time from a bounty. I basically get two full mags of on a heavy pick up.

Pretty drat good. I would say CB and Field Scout are both amazing perks to have on it (not sure if Extended Mag gives more bullets or not in PvP), with the 3rd perk ideally being a range boosting one, though PB is perfectly good.

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

Got really lucky and managed to eek out a flawless run last night. Probably the most stressful Trials week in recent memory for me. We didn't need to use our mercy boon, but most matches were 5-3 or 5-4 and we were usually down rounds early and managed lucky comebacks.

Anomaly with no radar is pretty terrible honestly, there's 4 different directions you can get snuck up on no matter where you are on the map. Callouts were also annoying because there's like 20 different "areas". Last week was much more manageable.

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

teknetik posted:

Christ, how the gently caress do I make this final hurdle from 386 > 390 without doing HM? Faction/vanguard packages keep giving me the same ~387 pieces I already have and I already have a 390 shell/artifact from Forge. Do Skeleton Key chests in strikes offer 390 gear?

Skeleton key rewards go all the way up to 400.

All non-Classic PvP offers weapons and class items up to 400.

Forge gives Class/Artifact/Ghosts up to 400.

All IB drops up to 400.

Faction rank ups go to 390.

Trials stuff goes to 400.

Nightfall up to 400.

Shaxfall up to 400.

Basically there's a ton of ways to hit 390.

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

acumen posted:

Got a dragon with hand laid stock, HCR, and rangefinder. Is HCR good enough to make that better than the vendor roll?

Depends. HCR is the best perk you can get on the gun but if the other two perks are trash you won't hit poo poo with it. Rangefinder + Hand-Laid might be okay, that's really good stability but I dunno how much of a range setback that is.

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

I got a BF, HCR, CB Dragon in my 2nd match of IB this week. It's the exact roll I was hoping for, so...I win!

Also got a HH, Field Scout, Smallbore Dread which is kind of loving amazing. It's the best roll I can think of for the gun, with Smallbore maybe being replaceable with PB.

Welp, my grinding is done for the week. And that was in like, 40 minutes of play.

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

cvnvcnv posted:

I dig it.

Counterbalance is kind of useless on any gun that has Linear Comp, as that does basically the same thing.

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

HCR is only really broken in high RoF archetypes. Honestly I would love to run around with an Arminius HCR, but it rolls in the same column with all the stability buffs, so you're stuck trying to control a bull of a gun and CB isn't enough.

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

Regarding the IB vendor Clever Dragon: If you select BF and Casket Mag, you end up with the exact same stability and mag size as selecting PB and Snapshot, except the latter also gives you Snapshot.

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

Note regarding casket mag, it's the worst pvp perk in the game

Focused Fire?

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

Mikey-San posted:

It certainly /feels/ like it has a positive effect on HCs. I have a Rifled/Icarus Lord High as gently caress and either it's easier to land shots in mid-air than similar guns or I've convinced myself that it is.

It definitely is. Lots of sweaty players actively grind for Icarus because Handcannon-ing from midair is their default attack mode.

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

Bob NewSCART posted:

I have opened four bounty weapon packages and gotten side arms from every single one.

All bounty rewards are guns not being offered that week, so you're not getting Clever Dragon from a bounty.

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

Bob NewSCART posted:

I don't want a clever dragon from a bounty. I want something other than a piece of poo poo infusion fodder garbage boy dick toy

Well the only IB guns worth using are the pulse and machine gun, so bounties are not gonna solve that issue this week.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

actionjackson posted:

I keep getting machine guns

Small bore
Rangefinder
Field scout

Should I use linear or aggressive?

Linear, and that's a pretty great roll.