Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
Oh, a new thread! Having not yet read the OP, I naively hope there's some kind of guide to this bashed patch thing so I can Morrowloot Ultimate and have all the new things other patches add be as scarce as the lord intended.

I hate myself, you see.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
Why doesn't Nexus just change to a thumbs up/down rating system to shut up all the whiners? Thumbs up can mean "3* because your dialogue is poo poo", and so on. Like, the people complaining are the same people who can change that!

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
When's Morrowloot Ultimate Special Edition? :allears:

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Phetz posted:

It's already on the Nexus!
I was mostly joking, but poo poo, that was my #1 SE mod want. Maybe I should try it out!

...eh, I'll wait for SPERG.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Eric the Mauve posted:

Why in Talos' name would I want more draugr in Generic Draugr Crypt #83?
When I read the description I assumed you could also make fewer draugr appear :shobon:

Clicking the link disabused me of that notion. Why is "more lovely enemies" popular?

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Wildtortilla posted:

I went through a dungeon that was populated with wacky new drauger and bandit types because of my mods. To get out if the dungeon I had to fight a bandit group that was lead by a man with a magical thunder hammer. Then a drauger summoner wonder upon us and summoned an army of baby spiders.

My mod decisions are working out!
Now this is the kind of "more enemies" I can deal with. I don't want more of the same, I'd like more different stuff, enemies that sometimes end up fighting other enemies so I feel in the middle of a brawl, and so on.

So, uh, what I'm saying is that specific mod is "not for me".

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
MO! Oh man, I don't even know what I'm waiting on at this point. We have Ordinator and no ETA on SPERG, and we have Morrowloot, and MO... I should just do it, right?

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Raygereio posted:

How is that any different from any other mod in existence though? The only way you know exactly what for example EnaiSiaion's Thunderchild does is if you read it's readme and check what its files contains.
I'm honestly not sure what you're trying to say here.
Thunderchild is not a name that makes it sound, to the average clueless user (like me, for instance), like it's basically mandatory to have if you're modding at all.

edit: also I'd bet it's got a way shorter readme

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
Is Mod Organizer SE good enough to just go with it? I've been patiently waiting for them to hammer out whatever bugs there presumably were. Should I dive down the rabbit hole this weekend?

edit: to rephrase, I've used MO on regular Skyrim before, just wondering if specifically MO is good enough to use with SE now!

DACK FAYDEN fucked around with this message at 04:01 on Dec 31, 2016

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
Wait a minute, I know what mod's missing!

...can someone convert Uncle Sheogorath to a SE version? :shobon:

edit: oh, and is there a keybind to move left/right through, for instances, pages of the character creation menu? Or the system menu so I can save and quit without using the mouse? I assume my inventory will work the same way once I've got all my mods set up and currently I can't find one, which feels weird. W and S will scroll me up and down but A and D won't move me over? This feels like it isn't how regular edition worked, but I can't recall exactly why because it's been too long. It's not Better Message Box Controls (or Better Dialogue Controls), because I installed both of those but I also tried without them.

DACK FAYDEN fucked around with this message at 07:08 on Dec 31, 2016

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Jade Rider posted:

It's been converted! Pretty recent addition, too.
Oh, awesome!

One more request: What's the best combat overhaul that absolutely 100% gets rid of the drat killcams? Alternative, a combat overhaul and also something to get rid of the killcams. I tried searching "killcam" but apparently that's not what the people on Nexus call them.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Cernunnos posted:

I think they're called "killmoves."

Do you want them gone as in "not affecting you so you don't suddenly die to some bandit with a greatsword while at half health" or completely gone for everyone?
Completely gone for everyone. I actually more hate the gameplay effect of my own having one, but also not randomly getting ganked would be nice!

(I did try killmove as well as a few other things, couldn't find one that just removed them all for SE.)

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Orcs and Ostriches posted:

Violens can turn them off for both sides on the original version. It's available for sse as well, so it might have the same option.
Yeah, that worked like a charm!

Okay, next question: The Creation Kit. I can't run it. I get an error about steam_api.dll missing, or if I copy it from another game's install I get something about a "procedure entry point" being missing. Can someone walk me through, slowly because I'm stupid, how they installed the CK via Steam to get it to work with Skyrim SE?

edit: turns out it's not the SE one on Steam and I had to use this Bethesda launcher that I've never heard of because I don't own FO4 so I didn't have a reason to get it. Whoops.

e2: man, this is confusing, but hopefully I chose something smart to test with (unlimited enchantment charges, which seemed far-ranging but also trivial to test) and we'll see if it works!

DACK FAYDEN fucked around with this message at 07:24 on Jan 1, 2017

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
Anything to replace the SkyUI functionality that tells you when you've already read a book?

I really only care so I don't buy a spell tome twice, so I'd settle for one that just marked a spell tome if you knew the corresponding spell.

Also, mad props to whoever upthread recommended SkyUI 2.2, it works perfectly (even if it has a nag screen telling me that I don't have SKSE installed)

edit: Also, my default solution to dark caves was the Toggle Candlelight mod, which seems to require a script (based on the files it comes with) so it won't convert to SE. Is that correct, or can it be converted, and is there some other way to give myself a Candlelight "aura" or something? I would accept a console command.

DACK FAYDEN fucked around with this message at 20:37 on Jan 1, 2017

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Max Wilco posted:

Is there a way to view the ID codes for mod items so I can try adding them to my inventory to see if they're working?
If you know the item's name, you can use "help Item Name" in the console to get the full list of everything with that item's name - this gets awkward if there are levelled versions or whatever but should be fine for functionality.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Zore posted:

Ordinator is missing Best Friend so its trash imo.

More seriously it has some cool bits but I don't like it as much as SPERG. The SPERG/Ordinator patch gives you most of the good bits which is cool
Best Friend is so good and it's the #1 thing I miss most from Ordinator. I should just give in and find a mod to give a merchant infinite cash to replace my Magical Selling Things Mudcrab :(

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

graynull posted:

Are you unfortunate SSE souls just sticking out the base UI or some ancient version of SKYUI for the time being? Waiting for SKSE to get published and reintegrated into the modding scene has been my big holdup in jumping back into the new edition. It's also gonna feel really empty to return to Winterhold without the Immersive College of Winterhold mod.
SkyUI 2.2, recommended earlier in the thread (the last version before SKSE integration, although it has a big ugly error box that SKSE isn't found every time you open an inventory)

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Agents are GO! posted:

Or you could just use a version with the warning already removed.

Edit: Sorry I haven't been around much. Got a bunch of new games off the winter steam sale and humble monthly. :)
:perfect:

This is an improvement. Thank you!

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

TaintedBalance posted:

I went back a couple pages, and read the OP and didn't see any preference for something besides Mod Organizer for SSE since MO2 is apparently dead in the water since Nexus snagged the core person. Are people actually trying to use the version of MO that was picked up by the community and is on Nexus currently, or should I just dehumanize myself and face towards NMM?
I am using NMM and it's "fine", but I think the new MO version would also be "fine" even though it's technically a work in progress.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
I can second Move It Dammit, it is both perfectly named and has worked like a charm for me

also I've been thinking of playing Enderal, does it actively need any QoL mods? I liked Nehrim so I figure it'll be "good enough" as is but I'm still asking

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

DACK FAYDEN posted:

also I've been thinking of playing Enderal, does it actively need any QoL mods? I liked Nehrim so I figure it'll be "good enough" as is but I'm still asking
Trip report: it froze my entire computer about ten times, and I stopped when it started bluescreening upon restart without even opening Steam again, let alone Enderal

I'm prettttty fuckin sure the problem's on my end but no clue how to diagnose

it's fun though I'm kinda sad I can't keep going I like the skill book system, sorta

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
"Your mail will now be delivered by a super fast Frostbite Spider. I gave the spider 500% speed so you can't escape."

"It didn't seem to late to snatch up mod of the decade."

:allears:

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
Is SPERG still the best perk overhaul? Decided I was loving sick of Enderal freezing on me so I'm just gonna mod the hell out of Skyrim proper again.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Rhjamiz posted:

Enderal doesn't let me be a lizard so I've never dug into it properly. I remember hearing it was good?
I only quit because it was freezing on me. The dialogue's very European - like, some dude just randomly dropped a couple c-words, they kinda go out of their way to have more sex than strictly necessary - but the base gameplay's Skyrim and the gameplay loop of having to buy skillup books to use the level-up-granted skill points actually makes money relevant. I was enjoying it as Basically More Skyrim, But A Little Worse.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Kaiju Cage Match posted:

Sounds a bit like Eurojank RPGs such as Gothic and Risen
Absolutely! If you played Nehrim (their Oblivion overhaul) you know exactly what to expect. They lean into their weird janky mythos and it's a good time even if it's very much "warts and all".

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Tyty posted:

I'm gonna be trying Vokriinator Plus next playthrough. It's Ordinator with Vokrii and a bunch of other perk overhauls stapled onto it like some kinda monster, including a couple SPERG ones. I'm gonna try to see if I can compress it down to 1 esp instead of all the original mods and a patch at the end though. We'll see how it goes.
Oh drat this sounds awesome, I might try to make that work even if it's multiple steps. Gotta check the complete list there to make sure it doesn't omit any perks I really care about, but that gives me a good excuse to feel like it's shaken up!

edit: got the mod order all set up, time to play "hunt the crash" - so far it's the same problem I was having with Enderal, I get in-game just fine and then my entire computer freezes/I get a screeching sound that is like it's trying to play the same noise over and over

edit2: obviously, it was Wearable Lanterns.

edit3: Well, I wasn't joking, but now it just... silently crashes? I start SKSE via MO, Skyrim opens long enough to get to loading/tell me about the Steam overlay, then it silently exits. Don't even get to the Continue/New/Load/etc menu. First try after removing WL above and I started a game but then I wanted to add juuuust one more mod...

Getting in once is the part that baffles me, there shouldn't be anything that is causing a missing master file crash like that, unless there are other possible causes of that? Eh, I'll find it. Or I won't. But any help is appreciated.

DACK FAYDEN fucked around with this message at 11:55 on Jan 10, 2020

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

cheesetriangles posted:

Crashing before you ever get to the main menu is usually a missing master.
It was. Fixed it, got in game, did have the same kind of crash I've been having eventually but got like 15 minutes into running around Whiterun like a moron first. I forget, how do you start the main quest with Live Another Life enabled? The corpse in Helgen?

HopperUK posted:

When this was my PC doing it, it turned out to be the hard drive failing, so make sure you check all your bits and pieces.
Yeah, I have no idea what it could be but I'm definitely thinking hardware. memtest didn't find any issues with my RAM in the first hour, prime95 didn't find any issues with my CPU, furmark didn't make my GPU instantly explode. Still gotta run HD and PSU diagnostics.

there's probably a good joke to be made here about how the real game of Skyrim modding is building a new goddamn computer

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
How do you move a modded Skyrim install to a different drive? I know Steam can mostly just drag and drop and run once to fix, but can I do the same with the MO folder and the underlying mods? Gonna test my hardware later.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Orcs and Ostriches posted:

I just moved my portable MO install to another drive. You'll have to fix a few paths in MO settings for the mods/data directory, and if you have any executables like tesvedit et. al. you'll need to update or relocate them. Pretty clean process though, and only took a few minutes to fix.
Doesn't sound like a problem, I can poke around in MO's settings because they're super sparse which is really user friendly. Thanks!

(I'm pretty sure the reason I didn't install this hard drive is because it didn't come with a SATA cable so the real question is whether I can buy one of those in person, maybe at Best Buy?)

edit: the answer was $10 at Best Buy or $4 off Amazon with Prime shipping so I saved myself six dollars in return for two days

DACK FAYDEN fucked around with this message at 15:49 on Jan 12, 2020

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
Honestly, doesn't Blood on the Ice just break itself? I think even in vanilla or vanilla+USP I've never had it work fully as intended.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

Blood on the Ice being a prominent vanilla quest you can barely avoid, and still being a near-broken mess, is all the evidence necessary to realise that trying to design functional and heavily scripted quests in this engine is for extreme masochists only
It should be super cool! False endings, a murder you can barely avert, all kinds of other features that are also broken!

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
Is the users.nexusmods.com domain inaccessible for anyone else? isup.me agrees with me that it's down. I can't log in (or log into Nexus via MO to link the two) and I have to update just a few things on my finally-working new computer but I can't log in.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
Seems to be back up. Just a server hiccup I guess.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
Anything weird showing up in that one useless tab of your spellbook? I mean, it's going to show everything, but it might at least narrow it down a bit.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
Nailed it. Glad I could help!

I'm trying Wheels of Lull for the first time, and it's broken as gently caress for me. Llavados's dialogue is going super fast and not making any noise and I can't get Numinar to actually talk to me when I select a dialogue option. Can I fix this with setstage _Lull_MQ02 or should I just shrug, say gently caress it, and ignore the mod altogether?

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Vavrek posted:

Hrm. There's a Wheels of Lull Unofficial Patch, but I've done the starting stuff twice before I discovered that and never had problems like that. It sounds like the game can't properly find the dialogue sound files, as though there's a problem with the archive file.
Already got it. Because I'm the kind of idiot who looks for that.

GaistHeidegger posted:

If you haven't already, make sure you've also got Fuz Ro D-oh which specifically addresses dialogue going by super fast if the game can't figure out sound files for the voice acting.
I haven't, I'll give that a shot.

(probably reinstall the mod itself too, that shouldn't cause problems if I put it back in the same place in the load order, right?)

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
Bank error in my favor: holding one of the dragons from the "five dragons in containers throughout the world" perk from Ordinator, then going through the Forsworn Conspiracy and having all my stuff given back made it proc again and gave me 15k gold and a free perk point.

I wonder if that happens 1) when you get arrested and 2) when you do the Thalmor Embassy

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Vavrek posted:

Time to leave that murder unsolved as I continue decorating my museum and seeing what Brhuce as for me ...
But if you leave it unsolved you have to steal Ysgramor's Soup Spoon rather than claiming it as your rightful spoils!

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
Also, is there a mod to highlight or otherwise indicate items that have enchantments you haven't learned yet? I know it'd have to be way more script heavy than the stuff that marks unread books, but I'm asking anyway because I've never seen one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
Ordinator has a perk (Seen This Before) that awards a perk point when you bypass 100 locks. How does it track that? I want to check my progress, mostly out of curiosity. I know that there's a quest with that name added by the mod, thanks to generally searching the console, but no idea how to check that quest's status.

edit:
And thanks, you're a saint.

DACK FAYDEN fucked around with this message at 12:20 on Jan 29, 2020