Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr.Grit
Jul 16, 2006

Funky See Funky Do posted:

Does anyone know of a spell pack that contains a spell similar to vampire grip (something I can pick people up and throw them around with)? There's a mod that let's vanilla telekinesis do this but the comments on it make it sound like it's got some issues with flinging NPCs out of the game and I'd rather not gently caress with any vanilla spells.

I'll look when I get off work and see if I still have the one I made for myself a while back on my HDD, If you're still looking. I was never able to find one on Nexus that wasn't stupid.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr.Grit
Jul 16, 2006

Funky See Funky Do posted:

That'd be awesome. If you can't find it, I know my way around the CK and could probably figure it out myself with a few pointers.

e: This mod does what I wanted. http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/46257/

The damage health version is way overpowered but the regular grab spell works exactly like vampire grip without the damage.

Nice!
I did find a version of the of the one I made, so here you go if you end up not digging that one.
This one does cost magicka, but no damage from the grab. It's pretty weak at low levels and op at high levels, trains alteration and is added to mage vendor lists(merged patch). I removed a bunch of restrictions, iirc, so it probably works on undead/drauger/kids etc... and has kind of a far range. You'd have to police yourself not to cheese too much with it. :p

Mr.Grit
Jul 16, 2006
Was enjoying myself quite a bit until I got to ustengrav and ran into some nasty texture/shadow flickering glitch that made the area unplayable. I tried some ini edits and updated my gfx drivers but it's still hosed.
Game definitely looks better than the original vanilla game, but not so much against a fully modded setup.
I also have to run my fov higher to get the same feel as og skyrim... Same as for fo4.
Sperg and uncapper settings are the only things I really need to have. I ran with ordinator and did have fun with it though.
Looking forward to the future for this... just have to wait a year or three for skseSe.

Mr.Grit
Jul 16, 2006
Really, as long as something doesn't add new scripts that haven't been compiled in the new ck or require skse it could potentially work.
I've installed a few things from my non se install that seem to be working as expected...
Skyrim realistic archery
Cloaks of skyrim with HD cloaks
Any personal spells I've made and added to vendor lists.

Mr.Grit
Jul 16, 2006

The Iron Rose posted:

You're not meant to drop them in the data folder. Nmm uses a virtual filesystem that doesn't touch the vanilla data folder.

Download the zips and add them, or judt use download with manager if it's enabled this weekend.

I'm using nmm for the se version and all the mods I've installed through it are now in my data folder. Same as it was for fo4. I'm either missing something during nmm setup or that's not how it functions at all.

Mr.Grit
Jul 16, 2006
Anyone know why this is happening?
Certain areas cause screen flickering to the point of being unplayable...

Mr.Grit
Jul 16, 2006

FlyingKipper posted:

This usually indicates a bad mesh or maybe a player skeleton issue. Check your mods.

Thanks. Rearranged some mods and rebuilt my bashed patch and it hasn't come back yet.

Mr.Grit
Jul 16, 2006

Burns posted:

What steps do I need to take to get Amidianborn working?

I'm currently running all of the book of silence amidianborn stuff with se. Just install it like you normally would.
Even stuff like functional homes and my stores in skyrim SEEM to be working as intended. I did open and save them in the ck first, but I'm not sure if it was necessary.
Unless a mod explicitly required skse or was made with the wrong(for se) texture/mesh format there's a decent chance it'll work fine with the special edition.

Mr.Grit
Jul 16, 2006

BJPaskoff posted:

What's broken here?

Grab community uncapper. Sperg needs it.
I'd put skyUI above sperg.
What did you run that it's asking for an overwrite?
Right click on the red "overwrite" and create mod. Name it and activate. Or you can double click on overwrite to see what files are in it. If it's an empty folder you can just delete it.

Mr.Grit
Jul 16, 2006
Any modders here know why the special edition ck crashes every time I try to link perks in the avif?

Mr.Grit
Jul 16, 2006

lurksion posted:

Also, found a link to this post on the nexus forums that claims you can get the non-SKSE portions of SkyUI 5.1 to function as well. Will give it a shot whenever I get around to trying out SSE.

It works. I get a bit of a delay before the menu opens though. I hadn't tried the other version (2.2?) that's linked in this thread, so I don't know if it has the same delay.

Mr.Grit
Jul 16, 2006
Enai has a couple additional downloads on the ordinator download area that increase perk gain by 20%/50%.

Mr.Grit
Jul 16, 2006

Farg posted:

so i got a bunch of mods through the bethesda net stuff but i'm swithcing to NMM because its not bad. Whats the best way to keep all my old mods? Just start installing the new poo poo via NMM or install them in NMM then uninstall them in bethesda net or?

I'd imagine the mods would still just load fine launching with nmm. Check the plugins tab of nmm. They may or may not show up on the mods tab of nmm though and you might have to uninstall them manually, if you so choose, instead of using nmm.

Mr.Grit
Jul 16, 2006

ZZT the Fifth posted:

What the gently caress :pwn: This is Skyrim Special Edition with Open Cities and JK's Whiterun. It wasn't doing this until I fast traveled back to Whiterun from the Lover's Stone.

The only other mods I have installed are Instant Mining, Ordinator (with More Perk Points), Better Bounties, Run For Your Lives, When Vampires Attack, and the Unofficial Skyrim SE Patch.

E: Restarting Skyrim fixed it. I hope this isn't a sign that my graphics card is dying, I haven't even had it for a year. :(

I was having that exact thing happen. Restarting helped, but it would come back when I fast traveled back at some point. I made a bashed patch and it hasn't happened since though. :shrug:

Mr.Grit
Jul 16, 2006

Cernunnos posted:

OK so I installed 32-bit Java and made sure the MO shortcut for ASIS pointed to that version but it's still giving me a missing masters error. :(

Any other ideas?

Have you run loot?

Mr.Grit
Jul 16, 2006

Drunk Driver Dad posted:

Alrighty, I got Mod Organizer and most of the mods I listed installed and seemingly running good, still waiting on one or two to download. It was confusing at first but once I got the ball rolling it's actually pretty convenient using the MO. I already asked this earlier in a way, but more specifically this time - If I don't want the game to become too easy what options should I enable/disable in SPERG? I set it so food doesn't permanently increase stats, also thinking of disabling quest rewards but I left it default for now. I saw there is a hardcore mode but also left it off. Difficulty wise, it doesn't need to be super hard, I just don't want the game to become piss easy too fast. I'd like to work for it.

Set difficulty to at least expert. Train archery as far as you can go with Faendal, then never use another trainer the rest of the game. Level everything only through use.

Mr.Grit
Jul 16, 2006
That would work for the uncapper but all you really need to do is just cut the files in the embedded sperg folder, hit back space then paste them right there in the main folder. Then just make sure sperg loads after skyrim community uncapper. Also activate sperg-dg and sperg-db esps in your mod manager if you have the dlcs.

e: I'm assuming you're using mod organizer.

Mr.Grit fucked around with this message at 17:05 on Nov 16, 2016

Mr.Grit
Jul 16, 2006
Here's what one of the script extender devs had to say...

quote:

The truth is that this is somewhere in between Skyrim and Fallout 4. Parts of the engine have been updated to match Fallout 4 (graphics engine, 64-bit, etc.) Basically all of their games are the same core engine which gets improved/modified with each release. But where Fallout 4 used ActionScript 3 and an updated Papyrus scripting engine, Skyrim SE uses the old UI and Papyrus engine from Skyrim (to do otherwise would require rewriting all the scripts and the UI.)

In either case there is a lot of work to do for us. Even within a single game there are lots of things to update with each new build. Memory addresses and offsets change, functions can behave differently, classes can get data added or removed, classes and form types can appear or disappear.  Between games you don't even have the basics you can depend upon. With each new game we have to find all of the relevant and important bits and update our internal code to match the new realties.

The jump to the F4 64-bit engine was really big. We haven't really got real script extending working for F4SE yet (in part due to real life concerns). We are expecting there to be a similar big jump for the Special Edition. While in general we have a sense for the large subsystems are which ought to be closer to Skyrim and F4, until we look at the nitty gritty details we simply won't know.

Add to this the fact that Bethesda again released the game in a psuedo-debug mode with a big extra jump table in between all of the functions, and anything we do right this moment will have to be redone as soon as they release a fix. They know about this - but who knows when they will have an update. Next week? Next month?

We'll start investigating, but this is going to take some serious effort and time to get done. There is a ton of functionality in SKSE. We won't get it all implemented at once for the Special Edition. Expect early versions for the Special Edition to have a lot less functionality. And no ETA at all for when we'll have anything to show.

Mr.Grit
Jul 16, 2006
Yep.
There's a version of wrye bash on Nexus that works for bashed patches if you want that as well/instead. Check the directions on that one though because you have to extract the strings folder for it to work.

Mr.Grit
Jul 16, 2006
Checking here to see if someone can give me some insight on an issue I've run into...

I've a spell that I made and have been using for hundreds of hours without issue. However, in my newest play through for special edition, I noticed that this spell stopped functioning. I know what's causing it, but I can't seem to figure out why.
The spell is a simple speed multiplier, concentration spell. (Peak Value modifier/Speed mult, alteration school, no duration, skill affects magnitude). Huge cost, 180 magnitude and 1 duration, for the spell itself.
This play through I added spell scaling to the novice perk of the magic schools in the perk trees. So, for the "Novice Alteration" perk I added a PerkEntry entry point of modSpellDuration - Multiply 1 + actor value mult - with the school set as Alteration and a value of 0.01. Also, a condition of spell - EPmagic_SpellHasSkill - alteration == 1.
At 100 Alteration, alteration spell duration would be doubled. I did the same for the other schools, but some are magnitude instead of duration.
All spells aside from the above spell seem to be functioning as expected. Once I take that first alteration perk it simply stops working. I can cast it, but the speed increase doesn't happen.
I don't get why that perk entry would gently caress it up.

Mr.Grit
Jul 16, 2006
You can adjust ineed to whatever you want. Personally, I set it 3/2/1 for hunger/thirst/fatigue, respectively. Then leave combat increases needs at 4. Seems to give me what I want out of it without being annoying. YMMV.

Mr.Grit
Jul 16, 2006
What happens when you talk to the girl in windhelm? What level are you at in pickpocket? They will only train you up to a certain point. Some are common. Some expert. Some are master trainers.

Mr.Grit
Jul 16, 2006

Amppelix posted:

Yes, I know, which is why I specified that I don't have anything over fifty (which she can train you to) and that no one works. What's his face at the thieves guild can train to master but he also just says "I can't teach you anything anymore"

Do you have any outstanding bounties?
Any outstanding quest you may need to finish first?

Mr.Grit
Jul 16, 2006

The Doomhammer posted:

After a quick check in SSEedit, it does add the protected state to a lot of npc's, which i think means they're only killable by the PC? hopefully that doesn't gently caress with anything too badly.

The Wico - Ussep patch actually reverts all those changes back to normal.
It kind of just looks like the author is trying to keep the actors from dying from random attacks. Was there some drama over this?

edit: I use it and like it fine so far :shrug:

Mr.Grit
Jul 16, 2006

BurntCornMuffin posted:

Anyone else have any problems with Immersive Armors causing the opening cart ride to literally flip out in newrim?

Is there a version that doesn't use scripts? I know I could easily just use an alternate start mod to get around it, but I actually like playing the intro.

Is that a known bug of IA or is it just happening because you don't have your fps capped @ 60?

Mr.Grit
Jul 16, 2006

Vil posted:

Not gonna lie, lack of SPERG has me dragging my heels on checking out SE. I might give Ordinator a shot, though I already know I'm gonna mourn not systematically melting down all the silver in Whiterun.

Give ordinator a try and see if you like it. I had some fun with it, but it has a ridiculous amount of perks and is a little gimmicky for my tastes. Quality stuff by Enai though.
This playthrough I'm using TTR skill overhaul and it'll be my goto for the time being.
At this point, I'm missing the ability to bind weapon/spell set to keys more than anything else.

Mr.Grit
Jul 16, 2006

Wildtortilla posted:

I haven't met vampires yet but I've been jumped a time or two by gibbering lunatics. If one lands an attack I am infected with something. Being unwilling to deal with that I've reloaded each time until I can kill it with it attacking me. I'm assuming this is expansion related? I haven't played there expansions, only the base game modded and unmodded around release.

Aren't the gibbering lunatics added by the moonlight tales lycanthropy mod?

Mr.Grit
Jul 16, 2006

Wildtortilla posted:

Oh hey the gibbering lunatics are a Moonlight Tales thing. Thanks for setting things straight. So far this mod is only spawning gibbering lunatics in really strange places, like the Arch Mages Chambers in Winterhold.

You'll typically hear a howl when you're wandering around outside and then they'll spawn with you on your next cell change. I had one enter high Hrothgar with me when I was doing the civil war peace council quest. There are some heavy hitters in there for that... Poor lunatic never had a chance. :p

Mr.Grit
Jul 16, 2006

Pwnstar posted:

The only good part of being a Vampire Lord is that it stops people attacking you at stage four vampirism so you just never transform and keep that sweet 25% stealth bonus, free invisibility spell etc

I think just having the dawnguard dlc got rid of any stage 4 attacks.

Mr.Grit
Jul 16, 2006
Delete them through nmm or you'll end up possibly having leftover scripts/textures/meshes remain.
You could also rename or delete your data folder and then verify through steam and redownload it. You'd have to also rename/delete your nmm install info folder if you do that to start with a clean slate.

Mr.Grit
Jul 16, 2006

Rinkles posted:

What's the most convenient house? Haafinheim is neat but I don't want a loading screen between house sections. I want something compact with all the crafting stations nearby. I wouldn't mind it all being outside, if such a base exists.

Functional homes might work for you. I'm using it with SSE this playthrough and, at level 61 now, I've not noticed anything messed up with it. Just don't run it with other mods that alter the default houses and if you use elfx exclude the houses or the lighting will be ugly.

Mr.Grit
Jul 16, 2006

TipsyMcStagger posted:

How do you start dragonborn btw?
Some cultists approach you after you've gone to see the greybeards the first time for the main quest line.
Edit... Too slow.

Mr.Grit
Jul 16, 2006
A few of my more recent playthroughs I've done the main quest up to The Fallen and then go do the civil war quest line. It lets me skip the whole peace council shite at high hrothgar and Esberns dream\nightmare spiel is one of the cooler va moments in the game, to me.
I went full Talos loving Nord this time because I planned on doing a Stormcloak run, for once, and it just makes me feel dirty. I also miss Balgruuf.
Honestly, choosing a player character from one of the discriminated races should have made siding with the stormcloaks... not an option, or much more difficult somehow. It's lovely that you can basically be Ulfrics best bud when playing as an Argonian. You can have a house in the city while all your brethren are not even allowed inside the city walls. Terrible design. Imperials aren't much better either.

Mr.Grit
Jul 16, 2006

KakerMix posted:

That's just it tho Thalmor are stronger with a divided enemy. Ulfric is not going to be able to protect Skyrim from them if the entire Empire (which includes Skyrim) could not.
Does Ulfric have ~the voice~ because they start off by saying he shouted the high king apart but did he really?

I just finished up the civil war quest with the stormcloaks and he used unrelenting force often in solitude.

Mr.Grit
Jul 16, 2006

Themage posted:

Anyone have any recommendations for light source mods for use with ELFX? I can't see a single thing in the opening Helgen escape.

For SSE?
What option did you select when installing it? The first option doesn't seem much darker than vanilla.

Mr.Grit
Jul 16, 2006

Agents are GO! posted:

I can't give you a review other than to say it owns. It's the best option for SE.

...certainly the SA approved option.
You can also check out TTRSO if Ordinator doesn't seem like your cup of tea.

Mr.Grit
Jul 16, 2006

Inverness posted:

So I'm using the Apocalypse spells mod. Ocato's Recital is super handy. My one gripe is that setting up Flame Cloak with it is super annoying. The spell engages when I encounter a random wolf and then the affect and annoying sound last for too long.

I think I'm going to mod a duplicate of the spell with a changed sound and visual effect just to avoid this.

I had the same issue. I just ended up making a "elemental" cloak dispel spell for myself.

Mr.Grit
Jul 16, 2006

Inverness posted:

I'm having what I assume is a bug where it seems like half of the things I kill disintegrate into Ghostly Remains even if they're normal NPC's or creatures.

Any idea what could be causing this?

Did you take a perk anywhere that causes enemies to disintegrate? Destruction tree possibly.

Mr.Grit
Jul 16, 2006

Industrial Meat Package posted:

How did you get this to work? I started doing the quest in Markarth where Beltrid Silver Blood needs to die by other npcs, but only I can kill her. She is otherwise protected. I followed the steps in the reddit link and it seems straightforward.

Do I have to restart/re-roll a completely different character?

The only differences I can think of from the guide:

1. I have three wico .esp's:

Immersive Characters
Immersive Dawnguard
Wild Hunt Gears

2. I am not asked to save anything when I exit TES5.

Edit: Even console commands seem to not work.

SetEssential 00013388 0 - Other npc's still can't kill her but I can.

I haven't found a console command to toggle the protected status.

The console command won't work if she's set as protected.
You're not being asked to save anything because nothing was changed. Maybe you did something wrong with the script. edit: I think you may have run it on the wrong wico file.
Personally, I'd load all the mods in sseEdit(for reference sake) and use the same script suggested at the reddit link but select all the npcs that aren't supposed to be protected from the wico-ImmersivePeople.esp and... You could right click them and "copy as override into" and make a patch(if you do this make sure the ones you edit are the ones in the patch you just created and not the ones in the wico mod itself)... or just edit them directly in the wico mod.
Right click-apply script-quickchange - in the dropdown select formula - <path>ACBS - Configuration\Flags\Protected <value> 0
Run that and save.
Delete and rebuild any bashed/merged patches.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr.Grit
Jul 16, 2006

Catberry posted:

In my inventory I have spider meat, wolf meat and bear meat.

I disabling the need for a cooking skill for the "Complete Alchemy and Cooking Overhaul" mod and made it so all recipes show up regardless of what I have in my inventory.

Spider meat does have a few recipes. Wolf meat has no recipes. Bear meat has recipes but it doesn't recognize the bear meat in my inventory.

Do you have the hunterborn_CACO patch installed?
http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/33201/?tab=2&navtag=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.nexusmods.com%2Fskyrim%2Fajax%2Fmodfiles%2F%3Fid%3D33201&pUp=1