Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Binary Badger
Oct 11, 2005

Trolling Link for a decade

Jerusalem posted:

Just like dogs, J Jonah Jamesons can't look up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Binary Badger
Oct 11, 2005

SynthOrange posted:

So much for secret identities.

Theres so much wrong here it's hard to pick a place to start..

Firstly, every car rental place I've ever been to in NYC has had a cheery, smiling YOUNG person behind the counter; the only time you'll ever see an older guy behind the desk is if you travel to Pigs Knuckles, Idaho and it's usually not a rental chain, it's a smaller family-run thing.. stan is drawing on his old traveling salesman experiences from 1977 to write this..

Secondly, Scott Lang has dark RED hair in the comics. I wonder if Stan's rapidly encroaching Alzheimer's has caused him to mistake Hank Pym (who does have blonde hair in the comics) for Scott.

Thirdly, hello, Über? No room for a smartphone in Lang's helmet? Pete probably left his phone at home too.

Fourthly, they've never met before this, the first thing they did was trade punches with each other, the only other thing they did was terrorize some poor guy in his bedroom, and now they're "old buddies?!" :psyduck:

Fifth: Why are they so drat happy *just* to rent a car? Yeah I want to get in the car with a totes stranger driving!

Sixth: Couldv'e gotten more laughs if Lang grew full size while still on Pete's shoulder.

In my mind, I can only make this make sense is if Johnny Storm has hypnotized Pete into thinking he's Ant Man and is about to perpetrate some huge prank him.

drat Egghead for living in an area that mass transit doesn't serve!

Binary Badger fucked around with this message at 12:58 on Sep 25, 2016

Binary Badger
Oct 11, 2005

Serious Frolicking posted:

stan lee does not write this comic. also, you are a joyless pedant.

Thanks for the correction, and congratulations on describing 99% of goons who post! :v:

Also, you're desperately needed on page 181 of the badass panels thread.

Binary Badger fucked around with this message at 13:07 on Sep 25, 2016

Binary Badger
Oct 11, 2005

And when Newspaper SpiderMan visited the Newspaper Avengers, Newspaper Captain America and Newspaper Iron Man took turns beating the crap out of him just to see if it was really him.

"Nope, nobody else would keep making wisecracks after major head trauma, so it must be Spider-man"

Binary Badger
Oct 11, 2005

Hey, what goes around, comes around.

Binary Badger
Oct 11, 2005

Meanwhile, Egghead kicks back and enjoys a sandwich and a favored beverage, as he knows his slovenly housekeeping has produced vermin capable of ridding him of all the shrunken witnesses to his crimes.

Binary Badger
Oct 11, 2005

Choco1980 posted:

I pity them if their route goes through Utah. Like, if you're not in SLC, the state is LITERALLY empty, not just figuratively. As in, flat, infertile earth that stretches so far you can see the curvature of the earth.

They'll experience that sameness and flatness well before they get to Utah, especially if they drive through Indiana.

Binary Badger
Oct 11, 2005

MJ and Peter run to the crash site, they find It's Nick Fury on one of his skycycles, which lies in pieces on the ground.

He gets up, curses himself 'fer forgettin' ta get the ol' gal gassed up,' then commandeers the car and demands to be driven to Las Vegas.

Peter refuses and Fury blows his stogie into Peter's face, Peter passes out as Fury explains that the cigar smoke contains a knockout drug.

Fury dumps Peter next to a cactus, then drives off with MJ in his arm, shouting 'Vegas, baby!'

Then the bottom of the last panel says, NEXT: VEGAS, BABY!

Binary Badger fucked around with this message at 19:52 on Nov 28, 2016

Binary Badger
Oct 11, 2005

Even without his armor and Universal Weapon, Ronan is waaaay above NSM's paygrade.

With them, Ronan can mop the floor, wax, and shine it with Peter.

MJ will probably wind up saving Peter somehow, probably by throwing an egg cream into Ronan's face- the one Earth substance that reduces Kree warriors physical strength down to Stephen Hawking levels.

Binary Badger
Oct 11, 2005

At this rate he's gonna need Iron Jonah or Clown-9 to intervene on his behalf.

Binary Badger
Oct 11, 2005

Pretty sure we'll get a Fantastic Four cameo out of this.

Ben Grimm will show up, beat the crap out of Ronan and Intergalactic Sentry 0013 or whatever, then tell Peter "Eh my Aunt Petunia could have handled him" then fly off in his kitchen sink Fantasticar section, but not until he gooses MJ.

Binary Badger
Oct 11, 2005

A real cop-out would be another Sentry summoned to help Ronan.

Dunno, maybe Super-Skrull? Silver Surfer?

The list of suspects is starting to run out..

I want it to be a drunk Tony Stark testing some new space armor or something. Emphasis on the drunk part

Got a really bad feeling it's Impossible Man, and he will defeat both Intergalactic Sentry #1324 AND Ronan, leaving Peter looking incompetent as usual

Binary Badger fucked around with this message at 23:56 on Dec 20, 2016

Binary Badger
Oct 11, 2005

flosofl posted:

And then the innocent ETs, whose only crime was to run out of fuel, die painfully in an atmosphere that's lethally toxic to them.

Actually, the space capsule is a living being, Spidey's just trying to be extra helpful by manually decapitating it.

"Hey it looks like a whole bunch of tubes and stuff and it's leaking some kind ofOHJEEEZ"

Binary Badger
Oct 11, 2005

notthegoatseguy posted:

I know Lieber is Stan Lee's brother or cousin or something like that. Anyone know who these Saviuki and Sinnott people are? Just random from the publisher to color the strip?

Alex Saviuk is the penciller, Joe Sinnott is the inker.

Saviuk inks Lieber's pencils for the weekday strips.

Saviuk's a workman comic book artist who started with DC in the 70's and then worked for Marvel in the 80s.

Sinnott is an old Marvel stalwart who's been with them since the 60's, became one of their most sought after inkers, and inked a lot of what are considered Marvel's biggest classics. He technically retired in 1992 and only does odd stuff and inks NSM ever since. He's 90 now.

Coloring is usually done by some unknown, uncredited staff at the comic's syndicate; one of these unknown staffers occasionally posts here on SA though I don't recall their username at the moment.

Binary Badger fucked around with this message at 16:39 on Jan 8, 2017

Binary Badger
Oct 11, 2005

Or whomever is ghost writing NSM is chuckling to himself over how easy it is to get ideas from a comic book internet forum.

Hey! Let's have Wolverine, the Hulk, and Ghost Rider guest star so we can have the What If Fantastic Four beating down on Ronan and the IGS. They all exist alive and well in the Newspaperverse, right?

Binary Badger
Oct 11, 2005

I dunno, don't newspapers have a 2 week lead time? They'd have to be pretty much on the ball to be trolling us.

Binary Badger
Oct 11, 2005

Eight panels of Rocket flipping his legs around?

Binary Badger
Oct 11, 2005

Here, I shall find Ronan and the Sentry with this clock radio, box of Grape Nuts™ and toy magic wand that I taped together

Binary Badger
Oct 11, 2005

Ok, let's see.. Spidey tackles Ronan while Rocket tinkers around with the Sentry; during his tinkering he crosses some circuits and the Sentry wakes up and his shadow looms over the raccoon..

Meanwhile Ronan is done mopping up the floor with Spidey, he's about to send him to that big web in the sky when a giant robotic hand slams down and flattens Ronan into a paper sheet.

Rocket tells an astonished Spidey that he managed to reprogram Sentry 459 and is going to make him the newest guardian.

The Sentry blasts off into space with Rocket on his shoulder. Peter scratches the back of his head and says "I guess in some nutty way, we both win!"

MJ's eyes narrow then she whips out a brick from her purse and whacks him good. As Peter moans on the ground, MJ waves bye bye to the newly minted duo

Binary Badger fucked around with this message at 01:34 on Feb 7, 2017

Binary Badger
Oct 11, 2005

Kree sentries range in size from 15 to 30 feet in height; they're not gonna ravage the planet.

Maybe a few city blocks, but probably not much more than that before the Avengers beat the poo poo out of it.

Binary Badger
Oct 11, 2005

Synthbuttrange posted:

Yup its a goofy rear end Kree Sentry. :goleft:

Actually, it's a monument to Moe of the Three Stooges

In the next few panels it will konk Ronan on the head and poke Spidey in the stomach

Also it could be an ancient Mayan statue of Mr. Bill

also lol at the colorist giving him overalls/suspenders

Binary Badger fucked around with this message at 17:32 on Feb 15, 2017

Binary Badger
Oct 11, 2005

Newspaper Avengers DID beat up Spidey when he went to their headquarters, I think the big three (Cap, Iron Man, Thor) even took turns beating on him.

Binary Badger
Oct 11, 2005

It looks like a chicken truck. Ronan will be dragged into the city surrounded by clucking chickens.

Binary Badger
Oct 11, 2005

Ronan grows bigger if you lay him down in a flatbed truck. All Kree get bigger when they're unconscious, right?

Binary Badger
Oct 11, 2005

Lurdiak posted:

If tearing it apart was always an option, why was this robot such a problem. They really made it seem like it was sturdier than that.

How was Spidey going to get close enough without getting SHROOMED? He had to wait until the sentry had its Alzheimer's moment with Ronan first.

Also, Spidey's strong enough to rip open alien metal which is probably tougher than steel and meant to withstand the inside of a volcano, but he gets jobbed by a hungry Ronan in a diner with his toy hammer. Suuuuuuuuuuuurrrrrre.

Binary Badger fucked around with this message at 12:39 on Apr 13, 2017

Binary Badger
Oct 11, 2005

Most likely it's Tyrannus as he's another Stan the Man creation. Outside chance of the FF showing up towards the end of the arc to bat cleanup and tell Peter what a fuckup he is.

Binary Badger
Oct 11, 2005

Binary Badger posted:

Most likely it's Tyrannus as he's another Stan the Man creation. Outside chance of the FF showing up towards the end of the arc to bat cleanup and tell Peter what a fuckup he is.

Called it, but I hope this doesn't mean the Hulk guest-stars. Or maybe Stan is planning a huge reunion strip of his glory days and will have the FF, OG Avengers, the Hulk, and Fin Fang Foom show up.

Binary Badger
Oct 11, 2005

I think Larry said "Whoa! Are you gonna make me draw a big fight between Spidey and Lenny?! You know we're both gonna have to get to my place in time for the wife's dinner tonight!"

Stan: "Don't worry, lemme think of something that'll take just two-three panels.. Got it! Ok draw this then we jump on the train and get some pot roast, I can smell it now!"

Larry: "Thanks Stan, you're such a pal!"

Binary Badger
Oct 11, 2005

Mole Man's face lights up at the thought of getting licked by the Fantastic Four.. SEVERAL TIMES

Binary Badger
Oct 11, 2005

Aunt May's getting on in her years, who knows when (if) she'll be getting any other action in the future?! Get while the getting's good.

Binary Badger
Oct 11, 2005

Tyrannus will divert the minister somehow, then shows up disguised as the minister. Then just as he's about to reveal himself and spoil the wedding, Kala shows up and says 'I thought you'd try something like this' and she shames him into actually marrying the couple by threatening to take away his fountain of youth.

After the happy ceremony, Molesy and May head off into the sunset while Kala batters Tyrannus three stooges style with a rolling pin.

Binary Badger
Oct 11, 2005

Malachite_Dragon posted:

He's going to piss into the Stream of Youth, isn't he

He's done it before.

Binary Badger
Oct 11, 2005

jyrque posted:

"It's time for Dr. Connor's antidote redose."

Can't post that without the prequel:

Binary Badger
Oct 11, 2005

Only other person I can think of with a bowl cut and who is sometimes seen around Spider-Man is Mysterio, but he'd be more likely to say "Wow a gorgeous redhead being crushed to death, let me use my powers of illusion to trick the constrictor into thinking it's crushing a bouquet of flowers" than wield a knife.

Binary Badger
Oct 11, 2005

It's probably going to have to be someone with powers because Pete is his usual clueless self and Connors is too busy looking for the ingredient to his special sauce.

Gonna have to be someone pretty strong too to take on a croc.. oh no not Bruce Banner again? The guy seems to be drawn wimpy..

Binary Badger
Oct 11, 2005

Binary Badger posted:

Gonna have to be someone pretty strong too to take on a croc.. oh no not Bruce Banner again? The guy seems to be drawn wimpy..

Thanks, just throw money.

Pretty sure we're gonna either have a gamma-powered Lizard or a Liz/Hulk fight, which will be over in ten seconds with the Hulk throwing the Lizard who goes 'ronk!' and lands in Connecticut.

More comedic option: crocodile hits Thor who was passing by and they get into a 'misunderstanding' fight, they club each other into unconsciousness, Petey gets to do his 'in some nutty way, I guess I win' bit.

Binary Badger fucked around with this message at 19:27 on Dec 15, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Binary Badger
Oct 11, 2005

I remember a few episodes of the TV Hulk being nothing but Bruce hulking out, scaring a few people. tossing one or two stuntmen into a pile of boxes, then running the gently caress out of there like he had a hot date.

Don't tell me Stan is stooping down so low as to steal bits from the TV show.

• Locked thread