Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender
It's me, I'm the one person who found this LP from your link in the Political Machine thread. :v:

I say Watase should be low, because he still needs everything explained to him like a civilian. Jun and Kazami should be at the top for the same reason Logicblade said.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Taco Defender

CirclMastr posted:

Clearly THIS is what is meant by Watase's voice in his head saying "Save her", so let's put Watase on top and Kazami on high so he mans up and does something to save her.
I'm down with this.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Taco Defender
Set Watase to high and Kazami & Jun to top.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Taco Defender
Well that sure was a bad end. :stare:

TheMcD posted:

I get the feeling that if I sat down and thought about it, I could justify every result the Senses system brings. The fact of the matter, however, is that I shouldn't have to do that, it should be relatively self-explanatory.
I can see the logic with most Sense decisions that involve other people, but the ones that involve Watase seem completely random. Thinking about it as 'whose well-being does he care about most' makes a little sense, but it strikes me as a very 'we'll make a poorly-designed mechanic and blame the player if they don't get it' design decision. The fundamental idea isn't terrible, but the in-game explanations of it are.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Taco Defender

tiistai posted:

To me 50°C water sounded uncomfortably warm but not a temperature "one can't hope to withstand" if the alternative is to be radiated to death.

But looking it up it seems that it's hot enough to cause third degree burns after five minutes. Swimming 500 meters in water at least that temperature doesn't seem plausible.
50C is 122F, for fellow Americans. Aside from the burns, I'd be worried about heatstroke from the heat & prolonged physical exertion. Water transfers heat a lot better than air does(which is also why it burns you when 122F air wouldn't).

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Taco Defender
What if AD saves you from radiation now, but you die of rogue nanomachines later? :tinfoil:

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Taco Defender

Glazius posted:

Still no sign of those meddling kids.
The gang keeps saying they have to be further in, but at this point I'm starting to wonder if they missed each other and the kids are actually in an earlier area.

The ring system has been set up as a steady story progession, so probably not, but you never know.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Taco Defender
Yuuri - Middle
Watase - High
Kazami - Top
Jun - Top
Ukita - Bottom
Ena - Low
Kids - Middle

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Taco Defender
And they left most of the AD behind, so it'd be easy for him to mess with it or steal it.

I'm sure he'll come back fine, having done nothing wrong at all. :pseudo:

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Taco Defender

TheMcD posted:

He and Kazami were wearing firefighting suits. They had fire resistant properties, but they probably wouldn't be any use against hot water. He and Kazami were wearing firefighting suits. They had fire resistant properties, but they probably wouldn't be any use against hot water.
But are they wearing firefighting suits that probably wouldn't be any use against hot water? But are they wearing firefighting suits that probably wouldn't be any use against hot water? :v:

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Taco Defender
I'm voting B1, because we really need to see Watase die some more.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Taco Defender

TheMcD posted:

No, wait, I'll inject myself with the half-dose of AD! I can't let a woman do something so reckless!
It's almost impressive how many ways Watase can be an idiot. Especially now that he should have a handle on who knows what they're doing here(aka 'not him').

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Taco Defender

TheMcD posted:

--Eventually, far past that frozen time-- "Awake", a voice called to him. Or perhaps it was merely a memory of such a voice. He heard that voice as he lay beneath the whitewashed tomb... and then time began to move.

TheMcD posted:

His prized watch from years ago-- --had broken sometime when he wasn't looking.
Hmm.

Also top for both.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Taco Defender
Everyone at the top. Trust everyone, including ourselves!

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Taco Defender
Judging by how shady LABO and its researchers are, I'm guessing the writers are fully aware of how horrid that argument is. Rokumei is Sinister Science City pretending it's Glorious Technofuture Citiy.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Taco Defender

quote:

The government became fearful of the possibility of Communicator persecution in the aftermath of the Great Rokumei City Arson of September 2014, and as a precaution, they rapidly enacted the law with the intention of spreading correct knowledge about BC throughout the cities. The main point of the law was that it established six government designated top secret cities nationwide to gather and protect the Communicators.

A BC Research Special Committee was formed from the Ministry of Health, Labor, and Welfare, as well as the Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science, and Technology. The committee was tasked to lead efforts in implementing the law, but while promoting correct understanding of BC was a noble cause, the committee did not quite understand BC themselves.
Do not fear our mysterious high-tech high-surveillance cities, citizen. We are merely spreading correct knowledge. Incorrect knowledge will be gently fixed by helpful government agencies.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Taco Defender
Salyu and Yuuri top
Mashiro high
Natsuhiko middle

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Taco Defender

TheMcD posted:

(What the hell's going on... Can we get this conversation over with already?)

The moment that thought crossed Natsuhiko's mind,

Stuffed Animal: Gyuu!

Salyu's stuffed animal let out a weirder cry than before.

Salyu gasped when she heard it.

(Why did she gasp...!?)
What I'm getting from this is that either Salyu can read minds, or her stuffed animal is some sort of intention/emotion detector.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Taco Defender

Haifisch posted:

What I'm getting from this is that either Salyu can read minds, or her stuffed animal is some sort of intention/emotion detector.
Hey, I was right!

OddHaberdasher posted:

This does go to explain some of the ridiculous levels of distrust she was having After the explosion. Not all of it, I'm still leery about her, but I'm beginning to consider the crazy idea that she may have been misguided, rather than idiotic/psychotic.
Come to think of it, we didn't see that doll at all in After, did we? That plus Watase's sketchiness would explain a lot.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Taco Defender

Successful Student posted:

Everyone bottom because this route hasn't had nearly enough hilarious demises.
Agreeing with this. Too much happy slice of life, not enough comical death!

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Taco Defender
Mashiro top, Yuuri middle, everyone else high.

I'm getting the feeling Yuuro's pushing Natsuhiko to believe in himself more, on top of remembering he has other people to look after.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Taco Defender

asymmetrical posted:

Still not a fan of the amount of poo poo Natsuhiko is getting for refusing to follow Mashiro headlong into idiot-danger. As usual, the real answer is somewhere in the middle, but for the sake of the story we have two protagonists who took either side of the spectrum. I guess I lean closer to Natsuhiko's more realistic worldview than Mashiro's idealistic one, so it's frustrating to see Yuuri blame him for Mashiro's dumb life choice[s]. He was really damned if you do, damned if you don't. Either he joins Mashiro in their foolish errand, or he tells her no and she goes off on her own anyway. But we're in an anime so of course the protagonists are the one with the abilities and knowledge to save the day. v:shobon:v
Yeah, it stinks of retroactive reasoning - Mashiro was technically right, so obviously Natsuhiko was a cowardly idiot for not running off to fight terrorists. Nevermind that most of the kids end up dying in the LABO disaster anyway.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Taco Defender

SSNeoman posted:

Hey you know what would have made a fantastic flashback? this bit right here. Show, don't tell.
Eh, they're probably doing the anime "talk about a big incident for ages, but don't actually show it to the viewer until 50 hours later" thing. It's annoying, but happens a lot.

Even that specific scene is probably going to come up when the writers finally deem us worthy of knowing what The Big Thing is.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Taco Defender
Plot twist: Exercise is the key to unlocking BC powers. Natsuhiko's had trouble with them because he's a scrawny nerd.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Taco Defender

Pollyanna posted:

That security guard was totally not what he seemed. That entire place is suspicious.
Let's go Beyond Communication in Root Double -Before Crime * After Days: That entire place is suspicious.

(Really though, that descibes basically the entire game so far)

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Taco Defender
Natsuhiko Did Nothing Wrong: The route.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Taco Defender
Natsuhiko: I'm not touching that fire. It will burn my hand.
Everyone in the game: Whoa, Natsuhiko, what happened to the little boy with such child-levels of self control bravery?? You really need to touch that fire. For reasons. God, stop being wrong all the time.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Taco Defender
I was hesistant to jump on the 'Yuuri is a ghost' train, but now I'm 100% on it. :10bux: says the photo seems 'off' because Yuuri's supposed to be in it alongside Natsuhiko, but the camera obviously couldn't capture ghosts.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Taco Defender
Of course they're doing the "your mom really cared about you all along, Natsuhiko!" thing. Because that totally makes up for her being an absentee parent. And Natsuhiko immediately buys it, because Japan.

My real question with Yuuri is why the hell does Watase see her in Route:After? It's easy to explain it away with Natsuhiko's brain interpreting everything as if Yuuri is alive, but Watase shouldn't be doing that.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Taco Defender
Mental health care & the stigma of mental illness is pretty bad in Japan, so I can buy the response to Natsuhiko's delusions being "just play along" instead of "that boy needs therapy."

And that's ignoring the fact that stories in general(including this one) would have a lot less drama if this stuff was dealt with sensibly. Characters gotta stay tortured for our amusement.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Taco Defender
Mashiro's varied between 'poor impulse control & worse decision making skills' and 'self-absorbed rear end in a top hat' this whole route, so this isn't really anything new. :v:

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Taco Defender
Looking back, I'm glad we got After before Before. I can't imagine it having the same "what the gently caress is going on here?" vibe when you already know the deal with BC/the terrorists/the kids.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Taco Defender
Watase Kasasagi - 5. He seems like a key part of understanding the plot, and has a lot of vaguely-hinted backstory to cover. On the other hand, he's a goddamn terrorist.

Kazami Tachibana - 6. She's level-headed enough to trust her, but not super interesting.

Jun Moribe - 8. Very likeable all around, assuming she gets over her murdering spree.

Yuuri Kotono - 4. She's mysterious and all, but I honestly don't care that much about her either way as a character. She'd be ranked lower if she didn't seem like another key plot character.

Ena Tsubakiyama - 7. She's pretty rad, although obviously hiding something.

Keiji Ukita - 0. Because gently caress him.

Natsuhiko Tenkawa - 7. Natsuhiko Did Nothing Wrong, although the game doesn't see it that way.

Mashiro Toba - 1. She's an impulsive brat. Her only saving grace is that she legitimately cares for others, but it takes more than that to get high Senses in a life-or-death scenario.

Louise Yui Sannomiya - 8. Route:Before really sold me on her.

The LP - 8. Rapid updates, good format, no complaints here. Obviously a ton of work put into it, considering the sheer volume of content we've gotten so quickly.

e: derp, top is 8 and not 9.

Haifisch fucked around with this message at 01:32 on Feb 25, 2017

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Taco Defender
At this point, my money's on the rage virus being another BC user tampering with people's memories. And Terrorist Watase was the result of getting rage virus'd a while back, which explains why he's so different post-amnesia.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Taco Defender
Wait a minute...

Natsuhiko. (complete with the mysterious rank increase, but an even more mysterious second listing for him)
Mashiro.
Yuuri.

...Kazami?

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Taco Defender

Danaru posted:

What's Watase's connection to LABO, and how did he have memories of Salyu as a test subject?
I'm pretty sure he ended up at the scene during the fire nine years ago. It ties together with something I noticed about Subject N:

TheMcD posted:

His body trembled. He couldn't think. He couldn't understand. But soon enough, in the depths of that white darkness, the memories of nine years ago-- --came rushing back to Natsuhiko.
The current year is 2030. Nine years ago is 2021.

The first Na listed caused a Case N nine years ago, gave Watase firsthand proof how dangerous the test subjects(and by extension, communicators as a whole) could be, probably hosed his mind up with BC powers, and got turned into Subject N afterwards.

Watase was there in the first place because he was doing rescue work, and saw Salyu while he was there.

OddHaberdasher posted:

That and the game, judging by your theories, has avoided BC ghosts so far and I'd rather it continue doing so
I'm not sure if you've noticed, but Natsuhiko doesn't exactly has a physical form anymore. :v: For all we know, she's hitchhiking with one of the group's brains, and can still use telepathy/empathy/etc to mess around with people's minds.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Taco Defender
:10bux: says BC-capable people aren't affected by the 'radiation'.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Taco Defender

TheMcD posted:

Truth be told, I've been secretly advancing preparations for such a plan. It's not something I can do alone, so it'll be a difficult journey... but one day, for sure...
This has gotten glossed over so far, but...she's totally why Q ended up bombing LABO, isn't she? She got in touch with people willing to wreck a (supposed) nuclear research facility so she could smuggle Yuuri out, but accidentally wound up with a guy who hates Communicators in charge of it.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Taco Defender

TheMcD posted:

Should I try to keep my consciousness as flat as possible when I look through memories?
Sounds right. I've tried to do that too, for the most part. Those are all the key points... are you okay so far?

quote:

So what I'm getting from this is that if a SSS input comes up, we should make everyone's input all over the place and keep Yuuri's low to get those delicious bad ends. :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Taco Defender

Danaru posted:

How old is Salyu again? Watase meets Salyu's mom at PRC for... some reason, they fall in love, have a baby, then said baby grows up and murders her dad with a fireaxe! It's a love story that practically writes itself!
That explains it all! Salyu inherited her looks from her mom, and her murder skills from Watase.

• Locked thread