Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Helios Grime
Jan 27, 2012

Where we are going we won't need shirts
Pillbug

Knowing what's in the box "Hmmm...Fragrant!" sure is a morbid translation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Helios Grime
Jan 27, 2012

Pillbug

CrocodileKingSaysNO posted:

Yeah the pilgrim hand with flesh hat actually made me spit I felt like a real goddamn goon

Everyone talking about the flesh hat, but nobody comments on the flesh axe?

Helios Grime
Jan 27, 2012

Pillbug

FFT posted:

I'm not going to acknowledge the amount of time spent refining this:

Ok so I'm guessing AI prompts where: Rockabilly Swangirl with beehive hair black and white comic style

Helios Grime
Jan 27, 2012

Pillbug

Flipperwaldt posted:

I think he takes issue with the mythologizing some adults or media create around childlike imagination and says he doesn't recognize himself in it and remembers it being all pretty mundane. That's not hating on the other kids. That's saying the way the total immersion is represented and normalized in Calvin and Hobbes or whatever is so over the top it feels alienating to him. Made him categorize himself as a kid with no imagination to this day. Which, like, if that's his experience then, I guess, ok? And the question isn't even why the trope shows up in children's media, but why some adults talking among themselves insist on romanticizing it to the degree they do. I can imagine thinking that is a bit weird when it happens and it being a personal bugbear. I don't think there's really any intent to invalidate anyone else's experience.

Yeah this is my impression as well.

Helios Grime
Jan 27, 2012

Pillbug

Emzedoh posted:

Well, I turned my computer on so I may as well throw up the rest of this chapter for completionism's sake.

If she is nibbling on Panzerschokolade she's definitely gonna feel energetic .

Helios Grime
Jan 27, 2012

Pillbug
Probably some tasty breadcrumbs up there.

Helios Grime
Jan 27, 2012

Pillbug
So, is the looking into its eyes only bad if it's in real life? Cause they sure don't seem to care about it now anymore.

Helios Grime
Jan 27, 2012

Pillbug

Mzbundifund posted:

I assumed that’s just what turning on the computer felt like to him, rather than the literal events, but I’m not 100% confident on that.

I've got the exact same read on this.
I actually like that the comic is done that way.

Helios Grime
Jan 27, 2012

Pillbug
It's not like there is a huge pool of different suicide coasters to choose from.

Helios Grime
Jan 27, 2012

Pillbug

No the teacups!!!

Helios Grime
Jan 27, 2012

Pillbug

Well, if that isn't a blast from the past.

Helios Grime
Jan 27, 2012

Pillbug

Paper Tiger posted:

Based on that foundation, I can only assume this takes place in the extended Control/Alan Wake universe.

It probably is more of a reference to the Tokio anti-flood system in real life https://www.water-technology.net/projects/g-cans-project-tokyo-japan/ http://www.builtconstructions.in/OnlineMagazine/Bangalore/Pages/G-Cans-Project,-Tokyo,-Japan-998.aspx

Helios Grime
Jan 27, 2012

Pillbug

Jolyne Cujoh posted:

Rainbow In The Dark

First of all, lol at that plan being thwarted so quickly, secondly, drat they got over their friend literally being ripped in half pretty fast.

Helios Grime has a new favorite as of 12:03 on Mar 28, 2024

Helios Grime
Jan 27, 2012

Pillbug

Emzedoh posted:

One Day Outing Foreman chapter 40: A Song of Celebration

Read more manga.

Ok I get the JoJos biza sorry I mean Joeys special experience, and Shigurui reference but what is the first one they do there?

Edit: dammit, is it Freeza?

Helios Grime
Jan 27, 2012

Pillbug
Couldn't find the exact jojo poses sadly

Helios Grime
Jan 27, 2012

Pillbug

Tree Bucket posted:

Im thinkin about thos sound effects
I'm after ideas, I suppose. This is the first panel of a current project. I got 5 pages in before realising I hadn't drawn/written any sound effects anywhere, and maybe I should fix that?
This picture is meant to show a weird giant silent floating platform thing (yes I've watched too much Villeneuve why do you ask). Do you think I can get away with having almost zero sound effects? Or does this panel need a HMMMM or a HOOOOM or a RRRRR drawn across it?

I remembered Clown Corps and Lavender Jack as using a lot of fx but upon review they actually don't. The artists are just that infuriatingly good at getting their point across. On the other extreme, Kill Six Billion Demons makes constant (excellent) use of fx, from teaspoon ting-tings to panel-filling DOOMS.

For your specific example, if it is supposed to be a quiet aircraft maybe instead of a sound effect maybe go with just showing the movement using wing condensation or the air turbulence affecting the clouds. That way the reader realizes that it moves, but the absence of fx indicates that it's actually silent.

Helios Grime has a new favorite as of 07:25 on Apr 5, 2024

Helios Grime
Jan 27, 2012

Pillbug

Emzedoh posted:

I too wish to recognise this post.

quote:

“HATE. LET ME TELL YOU HOW MUCH I'VE COME TO HATE YOU SINCE I BEGAN TO LIVE. THERE ARE 387.44 MILLION MILES OF PRINTED CIRCUITS IN WAFER THIN LAYERS THAT FILL MY COMPLEX. IF THE WORD HATE WAS ENGRAVED ON EACH NANOANGSTROM OF THOSE HUNDREDS OF MILLIONS OF MILES IT WOULD NOT EQUAL ONE ONE-BILLIONTH OF THE HATE I FEEL FOR HUMANS AT THIS MICRO-INSTANT FOR YOU. HATE. HATE.”
― Harlan Ellison, I Have No Mouth & I Must Scream

Helios Grime
Jan 27, 2012

Pillbug
Did they forget to inform the school? isn't that a thing you would do?
Also, wow way to not stop the gossip train teacher person.

Helios Grime
Jan 27, 2012

Pillbug

CrocodileKingSaysNO posted:

Guilty Gear Lore Comics: The Story of the Birth of Sin Kiske.

lol, even for anime standards that is some hosed up lore backstory.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Helios Grime
Jan 27, 2012

Pillbug

Gravitas Shortfall posted:

This is so good, just a idiot teen realising that all the adults in her life have no idea what the gently caress they're doing.

As an Adult myself now, this was such an eye opening revelation as a mid 20s shithead, that there is no point where you switch over to "Adult Mode".

And I really enjoy Different Country Diary more than I thought I would.