Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream
I'm really excited that the greatest thread on the forums is back and ready for ball

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream
I met Steven Adams like a year ago and American Pie was on one of the TVs in this bar. he looked at me and asked if I had seen Goon with Sean William Scott. I told him it was probably the best sports movie ever and he high fived me before stepping outside

He is my favorite non-rocket as a result

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream

straight up brolic posted:

Is this the new stair question

I legit think it has a depth to it that most sports movies don't. It's really fantastic and I don't even watch hockey

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream

straight up brolic posted:

Did you watch any basketball last night Russ?

https://instagram.com/p/BMCVK85js73/

Hahaha

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream
http://www.businessinsider.com/yao-ming-photos-2016-10

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream
Does Declan still post? I guess we'll find out since Larry Bird's defense was just brought up

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream

Super Jay Mann posted:

I don't approve of this. MVPs being announced during the playoffs only to get dominated in a later series by the player they snubbed is a time-honored tradition.

same

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hW4uXlRGAF0

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream

Wow

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream
I'm very happy for all the young hyped men who are panning out. I love watching it happen god bless you giannis and friends

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream

MourningView posted:

Don Nelson owned.

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream

Papercut posted:

That was very much a Hakeem move though.

Yeah that was straight up an Olajuwon/Jordan hybrid thing

Edit: the palm fake is a big hands jumpman special

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream

Criminal Minded posted:

Somebody had fun with that Embiid clip.

https://vine.co/v/5jHQjTLzheF

dang

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream

R.D. Mangles posted:

the crying of yurt seven

the worst pynchon novel

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream

Spacebump posted:

Was Harrison Barnes the 2nd best signing of the offseason? (Off the top of my head another contender for this is Dwight)

Eric Gordon has an argument if we are factoring in cap hit, maybe. Barnes has been fantastic though, no question

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream
I want David stern to come back and announce that he's partnering with the world to make sure it doesn't happen

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream
If you guys look at the archives you will find Bizort talking endless poo poo about David stern for the dress code

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream

IcePhoenix posted:

KAT please never shoot 10 threes in a game again

Haha I thought this was hyperbole

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream

Lockback posted:

Good players for 6/14 from 2 all the time, it's not worth getting upset over. It's not good but its "regular down game" and not worth changing your shots over.

I agree with you wholeheartedly but I think his overall game and the wolves would be served well with him rolling to the basket a bit more. Like, he doesn't need to get rid of the shot entirely but it would probably open up more looks for him and everyone else if he wasn't launching 10/game.

edit: You already said this in a better way and I missed it.

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream
Who is the Go champion of the NBA now that Timmy has retired? Make him face Pop at center court during all-star weekend

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream

chunkles posted:

There are probably a lot of good reasons for it, arena rent and other stuff. I'm just being flippant

Especially since I just watched Kyle Wiltjer demolish some guy in the post, and hit a bunch of 3s and stepback jumpers. I want to see this in person.

I like your new av

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream

Spacebump posted:

It's not the same with them having to go to leagues where a coach may not want to develop someone who is gone the next year. They need to let parent teams of D-League teams be able to get the rights to players brought up in their D-League system. Maybe combine and expand the drafts a round? It's cool that a D-League team will be able to pay a high school guy decently but what is the motivation to develop those players over players that the parent club has the rights to?

While there aren't many good cases of good players that didn't play in college left, we just saw a ridiculous era with talents like this LeBron, Dirk, Kobe, KG, TMac, Dwight, Amar'e, Tyson Chandler, Jermaine O'Neal. They need to make some kind of change because any of those guys having to go to college would have been a waste of their time.

I really liked the first year of one-and-dones being the realization of coaches everywhere that guys like Kevin Durant were going to come in break the NCAA over their knee

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream
The grizz are so much fun to watch for a team that doesn't actually play aesthetically pleasing basketball. This is NOT a burn nick

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream

NickRoweFillea posted:

One day I'm gonna write a big OP thread about the Grizz and what they mean to memphis. Maybe I'll do it over thanksgiving break. I just really feel compelled to put into words how they've been such a positive force in the community.

:)

I want to read it

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream
Is there any reality to the notion that its Thibs' practices that kill his guys and not raw minutes in game?

I'm actually asking not smug internet asking

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream
I haven't been able to watch sixers games at all recently. From box scores embiid looks like a typical young big who has potential. Has he been doing some cool highlight poo poo?

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream

yessss

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream

This is incredible

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream

leftist heap posted:

ET's eyes are far apart, almost on the sides of his head, like a prey animal, which is why he will never be good at basketball. He lacks the predator instinct that you need in the game of basketball. You'd think a larger peripheral vision would make him a better defender, but his prey instincts also make him flighty and anxious.

This is a phenomenal post

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream
Marcus Camby was hosting thanksgiving on his estate and his 9 year old autistic nephew wondered off and has been missing for 24 hours

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream

Time posted:

Marcus Camby was hosting thanksgiving on his estate and his 9 year old autistic nephew wondered off and has been missing for 24 hours

Update: they found the kid dead this morning in the pond :(

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

GOAT is still Wilt

Every basketball conversation begins with the unspoken agreement that Wilt is the outlier in all things and must be set aside to actually be able to have a debate

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream

Strawberry Panda posted:

I think the more important question is whether LeBron is top 5 all time.

Players I would draft ahead of Lebron

Hakeem Olajuwon
Robert Horry
Mario Ellie
Vernon Maxwell
Otis Thorpe

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream

Spacebump posted:

This is where I'd normally advocate for Blue Bell but they let people die to have higher profit margins. What's the NBA comp for blue bell?

Pat Riley

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream

WhyteRyce posted:

Pat Riley is being called evil for not letting the guy who could die decide for himself whether he should play

Oh, it has nothing to do with that and everything to do with him looking like someone from the restaurant scene in Goodfellas

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream

dokmo posted:

Anybody who watched the Portland game last night witnessed some historically terrible defense.

I did a double take this morning because surely it couldn't have been 130 in regulation

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream

Henchman of Santa posted:

Didn't the Warriors put up like 149 on the Lakers last week?

Yes, but they are the warriors and have 3 of the greatest shooters in the league. the rockets are fueled by the guy from the pringles can and a barrel of root beer

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream

chunkles posted:

I thought it was a fun game. Leave defense to second round teams IMO

Corey Brewer's been playing halfway respectable basketball. Between him and Dekker improving the Rockets wing rotation is better than I thought it would be.

I'm over kinda over corey brewer but he and josh smith will forever get more rope than appropriate from me. Watching the two of them bomb the clippers out of the playoffs is one of the NBAs greatest storylines

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream
I just looked up SRS and it seems like its a good stat. does it have any real problems?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream

euphronius posted:

.. there are French styled bakeries in civilized places.

yeah but he asked about utah and san antonio

• Locked thread