Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jokerpilled Drudge
Jan 27, 2010

by Pragmatica

zegermans posted:

That is not what you said. You said that was all he needed to do to be a great president, implying that it would absolve him of any other terrible poo poo he did.

You sound 100% certain that were up for a loss just not in 2 years but also in 4 so I'm not sure what your endgame is by posting this garbage over and over

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jokerpilled Drudge
Jan 27, 2010

by Pragmatica
There is so much Clinton could do to inspire and grow a progressive movement but just won't do these things. Useless to us really

Jokerpilled Drudge
Jan 27, 2010

by Pragmatica

Fulchrum posted:

No, you're asking for her to be banished and to go live like a hermit, never to interact with another human being. That's totally a reasonable and sane thing.

No one said this, maybe we remarked how shes perfectly living up to our expectations by loving off and not being a leader but it's definitely not what we prefer

Jokerpilled Drudge
Jan 27, 2010

by Pragmatica

Fulchrum posted:

No, that's what would happen if she tried to get directly involved in the political aspects right now, especially since Trump isn't president yet.

And anyway, what's the claim, that just seeing the words Hillary Clinton in any kind of news context will send Rust Belt voters into a frothing Trump supporting frenzy that will last til 2024?

Oh yeah this is some real lovely posting I was wrong to respond to it

Jokerpilled Drudge
Jan 27, 2010

by Pragmatica

Probably some people who toxxed themselves

Jokerpilled Drudge
Jan 27, 2010

by Pragmatica

anime was right posted:

this guy is the sorest loser lmao.

My dad says stuff to like this (Bernie ruined it for Hil) and I always ask him to what end and then there the conversation stops

Jokerpilled Drudge
Jan 27, 2010

by Pragmatica

Nichael posted:

Sanders didn't ruin it for Clinton and Clinton didn't ruin it for Sanders. I don't get either narrative.

Agreed, honestly getting really loving tired of shooting inside the tent when there is so much to accomplish

as for what to do in lieu of any democratic organization, maybe just pick up the reins yourself. Start out with a facebook group for your local precinct? I promise if you begin stepping on someones toes they will let you know.

Jokerpilled Drudge
Jan 27, 2010

by Pragmatica

Nichael posted:

I meant it was a campaign, someone had to lose, and he performed pretty amazingly. He went from someone nobody knew except nerds like to a household name in a period of around six months.

Exactly, both candidates gave it their all in the circumstances they had and we got president Trump as a result, time to improve ourselves for the next round of elections.

Jokerpilled Drudge
Jan 27, 2010

by Pragmatica

radical meme posted:

More people in this thread need to get their story straight; was it the candidate or the message?

Hey if Hillary's campaign and messaging had been doing the right things we wouldn't be in this mess. This really isn't personal for the democrats

Jokerpilled Drudge
Jan 27, 2010

by Pragmatica
Well that's the frustrating thing is that it was in some sense a squeaker, there's so many factors that could have been improved any single one could have turned the election around. Sadly we can't change those things about wikileaks, comey, voter suppression etc unless we win elections.

Jokerpilled Drudge
Jan 27, 2010

by Pragmatica

Baloogan posted:

he also said he loves hispanics!!1!!!!! both disparaging and POSITIVE comments !! hurrah for trump the best president ever and certainly the most active president elect in american history hip hip hurrah trump trump trump!

In a thread about democratic electoral strategy why would you waste so much loving time on the shitheads who will never vote Democrat

mugrim posted:

It terrifies me that anyone could honestly believe she's not an incredibly lovely candidate or that all the factors were poo poo outside her control,

People inside the party are doing everything to deflect the scrutiny of her campaign and it's just so sad and frustrating to me. Still STILL people are insinuating that we have a personal dislike of Hillary when we say she was a bad candidate. There is always this effort from a few posters to tie the rightly critical(read: woke) folks into conservative media breathing crowd that hates everything Clinton. That's so not where we are coming from

Jokerpilled Drudge has issued a correction as of 08:33 on Dec 5, 2016

Jokerpilled Drudge
Jan 27, 2010

by Pragmatica

Baloogan posted:

heres a novel idea: stop callin em shitheads and try to figure out why they never vote for your milk toast motherfucking bootlickin party of hilarious incompetents ha

I think Clinton was a poo poo candidate, not sure what you're on about... like I am saying the same things you are here.

Jokerpilled Drudge has issued a correction as of 08:37 on Dec 5, 2016

Jokerpilled Drudge
Jan 27, 2010

by Pragmatica
^^ wow buddy sorry we can recognize when our candidate under performs and gets us Donald Trump

Homeless Friend posted:

But enough about voters :smugdon:

There's probably more nuance to be found here other than "Hillary lost because poor people are considered racist" and way better ways to articulate addressing the aspects of that idea that are true.

Oh hey maybe you guys don't get that a big aspect of that underperformance is that she didn't suck enough workingclass peckerwood does that make sense???

Jokerpilled Drudge has issued a correction as of 08:53 on Dec 5, 2016

Jokerpilled Drudge
Jan 27, 2010

by Pragmatica
Were double hosed if we don't do all we can to keep all of our seats in the midterm and fight for more(also at every level of government). It's going to take a tremendous messaging campaign something like the Tea Party sweep to make it happen.

Reminder: 27 of 38 governors races coming up in midterms are Republican incumbents. That is opportunity

Jokerpilled Drudge has issued a correction as of 09:14 on Dec 5, 2016

Jokerpilled Drudge
Jan 27, 2010

by Pragmatica

Iron Twinkie posted:

1. FBI Director James Comey
2. The Media
3. Russia
4. Fake News Sites
5. Republicans
6. Jill Stein
7. Mysoginysts
8. Millenials
9. Trump's anti-semitic campaign

:allears: The perfect list of scapegoats you can't do anything about

Jokerpilled Drudge
Jan 27, 2010

by Pragmatica

Cyron posted:

here is what we learn, never vote for anyone from IL. btw hilldog is from IL.

Shes from loving IL? this is on us we should have seen this coming

Jokerpilled Drudge
Jan 27, 2010

by Pragmatica

Pollyanna posted:

also Obama has been a huge disappointment to me, I mean I didn't exactly expect the government to ever be useful or effective but you'd think the first black president would give more of a poo poo than he actually did

It's just so frustrating that the democratic leadership left out the long con. Here we are with almost no power in federal government, no clear vectors to get that power, a fractured democratic party, massively expanded executive branch under a republican president and then a ton of policy implemented via executive orders. If there is a time to be anxious for us this is it

edit: forgot about the Scalia vacancy, how did we not make hay out of that? Hopefully Ginsburg can hold on for 4 years!

Jokerpilled Drudge
Jan 27, 2010

by Pragmatica

Dems are like "YOU CAN'T DO THIS!" every time someone can do something bad

Jokerpilled Drudge
Jan 27, 2010

by Pragmatica
Guys, Hillary's surrogates are off limits!

just kidding gently caress those blowhards

Jokerpilled Drudge
Jan 27, 2010

by Pragmatica

Cyron posted:

mayor Rahm also keep that Mcdonald shooting (the one where the cop shot the kid 16 times) underwraps until the election is over so he can get the black vote. when it leaked i am sure the only folks voting for that fucktard are the rich and hillfolk sheeps.

I feel like we should be able to get something like that to leak

Jokerpilled Drudge
Jan 27, 2010

by Pragmatica

ate poo poo on live tv posted:

But it wasn't even that detailed. Hillary as the great "policy wonk" was a fabrication that stemmed from the myth of the "most qualified candidate ever."

She was literally the worst candidate ever. Hell I think Dukakis was more qualified then her.

Lol I remember Mccalister practicing the mister serious person act towards any actual progressive policy proposals. Ultimately all the problems he would spend paragraphs laying into were stuff that could be hashed out in committee but man did the DnD posters eat it the gently caress up. It was the perfect justification to trash any progressive message and look how well that all worked out

Jokerpilled Drudge
Jan 27, 2010

by Pragmatica
gonna sound crazy but consider the sources people

The moment I clicked on that link I knew I was dealing with some bullshit

Jokerpilled Drudge
Jan 27, 2010

by Pragmatica
Clinton basically Lieberman'ed us ,except this time we didn't just lose healthcare we lost 2 branches of federal government

Jokerpilled Drudge has issued a correction as of 17:02 on Jan 2, 2017

Jokerpilled Drudge
Jan 27, 2010

by Pragmatica

HorseRenoir posted:

I mean really, what incentive is there for congressional Dems to actively improve peoples' lives right now? Peoples' quality of life improving in any way would just enable Donald Trump, so might as well go full accelerationist and let people blame the sitting president for all their problems like they always do

Neo liberalism is conservatism

Jokerpilled Drudge
Jan 27, 2010

by Pragmatica

Phobophilia posted:

yeah and then trump wins that lil civil war and replaces the bureaucrats with raving fascist cronies with all the backdoors to facebook and google

Exactly, all of these positions are POTUS appointees, unless they are planning some sort of assassination in kitchen they aren't going to be able to stop the Trump. can we please stop living in this fantasy where power does not exist?

Jokerpilled Drudge
Jan 27, 2010

by Pragmatica
phones are legitimately a thousand times harder to hold sideways. Why cant they just install the camera so that it takes landscape pics when held vertically :negative:

Jokerpilled Drudge
Jan 27, 2010

by Pragmatica

logikv9 posted:

wait wait is it misleading because it's based on pure turnout count vs %, and thus giving him a higher number because higher population?

or is it something else (i am blind and cannot see)

yeah nominal figures used like this should always be considered kabuki statistics

Jokerpilled Drudge
Jan 27, 2010

by Pragmatica

Donkwich posted:

What's more humiliating, losing against every GOP candidate or actively helping the one candidate who could beat you lmao

*looks at the results*

both.

Jokerpilled Drudge
Jan 27, 2010

by Pragmatica

Concerned Citizen posted:

everyone wishes hillary would go away, then she does, and now it's all "why isn't hillary out there right now"

Want her to go away with her plutocrat bullshit but if she were actually reliable in a fight for things like better health care, closing the wage gap, foreign policy, end of gerrymandering or really any progressive cause we'd love to have her on board.

Of course that's not Hillary then is it?

Jokerpilled Drudge
Jan 27, 2010

by Pragmatica
Same deal with her campaign, it would have been great if she had a populist message and real progressive policy

Thats not hil though

Jokerpilled Drudge
Jan 27, 2010

by Pragmatica

WhiskeyJuvenile posted:

Yes I'm not an accelerationist but with Trump we get the grand experiment as to whether accelerationism works. I supported Clinton because I didn't think a popular leftist movement - as distinguished from a campaign for office - existed with Bernie and wanted to avoid the accelerationism we're gonna see with Trump.

And $200k is middle class; most of what we popularly consider middle class is actually working poor. Things are actually even worse than they seem!

loving hell dude

Jokerpilled Drudge
Jan 27, 2010

by Pragmatica

HorseRenoir posted:

DWS is bad, but Tim Canova was also bad and I don't think any campaigning from Bernie would have helped him

Florida in general is a magnet for crazy idiots and the Bernie people should probably focus their efforts on making the state party less poo poo instead of trying to pick off a now-irrelevant figurehead

How about both

Jokerpilled Drudge
Jan 27, 2010

by Pragmatica

Concerned Citizen posted:

also it goes without saying that states are pretty silo'ed (they don't even work for hfa, they work for state parties) so each state may have very different programs. i've heard a ton of complaints about wisconsin's field program, but (for example) nothing but good things about north carolina's. and obviously many of them did some things well and others not so well, or sometimes you just have some county party chair who had a problem with his local field office and decided to talk to politico about how it was most definitely a problem everywhere in the state, or the country, or whatever. very few people are in a position to accurately assess an entire state's program, but the people who only speak to their actual knowledge they have aren't the ones who end up being quoted.

Why do you even hit the submit reply at this point

Jokerpilled Drudge
Jan 27, 2010

by Pragmatica

My Imaginary GF posted:

the goal of the democratic party is to win elections for democrats. it aint ideological purity, you authoritarian apologist.

:ironicat:

Jokerpilled Drudge
Jan 27, 2010

by Pragmatica

HorseRenoir posted:

bernie -> trump voters are dumbest people on earth

I know one of these people, huge narcissist

Jokerpilled Drudge
Jan 27, 2010

by Pragmatica
Follow South Korea, lets keep our protests effective

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bgcwkNLY814

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jokerpilled Drudge
Jan 27, 2010

by Pragmatica

zegermans posted:

Weed is cool and good.

Some potheads in my life have been extremely annoying though.

Drunks are worse

• Locked thread