Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zhulik
Nov 14, 2012

The Montreal Star

Not sure I like Dark Souls getting political all of sudden.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zhulik
Nov 14, 2012

The Montreal Star

zegermans posted:

I'm actually the best poster itt

Concerned Citizen is the clear winner for continuing to successfully concern troll the entire thread on a near-hourly basis for months, despite being literally named Concerned Citizen.

Zhulik
Nov 14, 2012

The Montreal Star
Change vs. more of the same
The economy, stupid
Don't forget health care.

Zhulik
Nov 14, 2012

The Montreal Star
Never in my life could I have imagined "democrats have no spine" to be a controversial statement.

Zhulik
Nov 14, 2012

The Montreal Star
Hot take: tatum and migf are the same person, but on and off their meds respetively.

Zhulik
Nov 14, 2012

The Montreal Star

Neurolimal posted:

This came up during the dark days of the primaries; it's impossible to actually dig up dirt on Bernie. This isn't supposed to be possible for a politician. The closest to dirt he has is that he has some granola hippy freedom of choice opinions on nuclear power/alt medicine, and one time he wrote an article about sexual fantasies with the word "rape" contained within. That Is It.

There was also the extremely damning clip of him saying that Castro had some good ideas in an interview.

Zhulik
Nov 14, 2012

The Montreal Star

zegermans posted:

having dealt with anal fissures and hemorrhoids for 8 days now, that is indeed a great worker struggle.

Sounds like you're getting a taste of your own posting there

Zhulik
Nov 14, 2012

The Montreal Star
Hold on, guys, maybe forums poster Concerned Citizen is engaging in good faith and is merely misunderstood.

Bear with me as I extract another blistering take that this time 100% for sure will not be continued concern trolling, unlike every other post made to date.

Zhulik
Nov 14, 2012

The Montreal Star

LGD posted:

That's basically it, though it can also mean "I think your apparent concern over the controversy is largely driven by your pre-existing animus towards the people in question rather than your genuine level of interest in the principles involved." That can be a little insulting, but it's very frequently accurate- grassroots, non-media people are hardly immune to hypocrisy.
This animus goes both ways, however, so surely you can see how this just isn't an especially productive avenue of discussion.

Zhulik
Nov 14, 2012

The Montreal Star
Who even started the purity test meme? More importantly, how did they manage to spin the idea of wanting to elect officials that actually represent you into being bad?

What is even the alternative? Voting blindly for whoever happens to have a D by their name?

Zhulik
Nov 14, 2012

The Montreal Star

Venuz Patrol posted:

it's a suggestion that people should save their best choice vote for the primary election and vote for the democrat in the general, op

hosed up, but makes sense, I guess. Thank you.

Zhulik
Nov 14, 2012

The Montreal Star

zegermans posted:

>Leftism is the light for America
>Dems run terrible campaigns
>Leftists keep losing to Dems in primaries

Never change, friend.

Zhulik
Nov 14, 2012

The Montreal Star

Concerned Citizen posted:

the idea that the ge is easier to win than the primary for a leftist candidate seems a bit absurd to me

Could you say that this is, perhaps, of concern to you?

Zhulik
Nov 14, 2012

The Montreal Star
The real question is why are you guys so easily trolled

Zhulik
Nov 14, 2012

The Montreal Star

loquacius posted:

Sorry Z, I know you're just in one of your "moods," can't play this time, I got you on the next one though :respek:

My good sir, your present remarks are in sharp contrast to your usual brand of good-faith discourse. While dismayed with this turn of events, I will continue to hone my measured responses to your implication arrow and spongebob theses.

Zhulik
Nov 14, 2012

The Montreal Star
Hot take: the much bemoaned economically anxious rust belt white had no way to vote in his interest this general election.

Zhulik
Nov 14, 2012

The Montreal Star
I don't know who created faygo. But I have tried to figure out how to have them fay go to the polls!

Zhulik
Nov 14, 2012

The Montreal Star

Zhulik
Nov 14, 2012

The Montreal Star
Actually, I think you'll find that republicans are slytherin and democrats are hufflepuff

Zhulik
Nov 14, 2012

The Montreal Star

anime was right posted:

but think of all the political capital they've lost with their hard line constituents that will always vote for them no matter what

Also, have you guys considered that the republicans have no mandate?

Zhulik
Nov 14, 2012

The Montreal Star
It's me, I'm the perfidious brother of st bernard of sanders. Have an infowar, comrades.

Zhulik
Nov 14, 2012

The Montreal Star
Bernie's rhetoric has been very important to me in my formative years. He taught me it's okay to be weird and also to harass women online.

Zhulik
Nov 14, 2012

The Montreal Star
Lying down to sleep I mutter "there are only two genders", quoting Great Leader Sanders. I then dream of dismantling the obama coalition, tossing and swatting away at field mice nesting in my straw-filled body.

Zhulik
Nov 14, 2012

The Montreal Star
It was a post-heavy day on the streets. "CTR shills", "Soros puppets"... I've seen it all. I closed the blinds, grabbed my tendies and hooked my butthole up to the posting rig. The russia-sponsored berniebots were at it again.

Zhulik has issued a correction as of 21:16 on Apr 6, 2017

Zhulik
Nov 14, 2012

The Montreal Star

Tight Booty Shorts posted:

Have you ever tried not being an extremely bad guy

Just because he loves low-effort trolling the most gullible thread in the subforum doesn't make him bad imo.

Zhulik
Nov 14, 2012

The Montreal Star

ate poo poo on live tv posted:

There are no universal truths

Uh...

How about Bernie would have won?

Zhulik
Nov 14, 2012

The Montreal Star
Say what you will about gabbard, but I'm 100% behind her proposal to do to washington dc what we did to iraq .

Zhulik
Nov 14, 2012

The Montreal Star
I think opening and closing every statement with "bernie would have won" would do wonders for democrat messaging.

Zhulik
Nov 14, 2012

The Montreal Star
Here's my blistering take:

The democrats will remain a mess as long as they keep being republicans that hate black and gay people less (no money in it). They have no real identity besides supposedly being in opposition to the other party, and it's just such an inherently lovely position to operate from.

Dems know that if they ever have power again, they cannot actually do anything without breaking kayfabe. That's why they don't seem to ever want to win. It's why obama never seemed especially keen on getting anything done. It's why they spend so much time trying to convince their voters that the things they want are actually bad or impossible.

This is the only way I can make sense of the democratic party.

Zhulik
Nov 14, 2012

The Montreal Star

Bip Roberts posted:

Believing in nothing and only acting in opposition was wildly successful for the republicans.

On the contrary, the republicans have extremely consistent and clear messaging of "gently caress you, more money for us".

They also run on advocating for smaller government, while doing everything in their power to make the government operate poorly. It's an extremely potent feedback loop imo :shrug:

Zhulik
Nov 14, 2012

The Montreal Star
Productive avenue of discussion: what board- and/or tabletop game would you say the dem party is right now?

I'm thinking Paranoia.

Zhulik
Nov 14, 2012

The Montreal Star
We should have clapped

Zhulik
Nov 14, 2012

The Montreal Star
One day advanced shitposting algorithms will make all of us obsolete

Zhulik
Nov 14, 2012

The Montreal Star

Concerned Citizen posted:

depends how much you're subsidizing it.

Got a private sector for you to subsidize right here mate

Zhulik
Nov 14, 2012

The Montreal Star

SKULL.GIF posted:

Hillary Clinton, lost the election so tremendously bigly to the republicans that it'll go down in history

I think rather the history will remember the perfidious berniebro and the upswell of deplorable populism

Zhulik
Nov 14, 2012

The Montreal Star
hey guys millenial berniebro hhere. did yall just have an election or something? too busy harassing women on twitter to really keep up haha. can someone break it down with videogame analogies?

like, who was Big Boss in all of this and why didn't hillary use her megalixirs?

Zhulik
Nov 14, 2012

The Montreal Star

zegermans posted:

gee golly mister that sounds like a very reasonable thing to believe

I mean that's what the evidence seems to point to. Winning is extremely secondary to maintaining power within the party.

Zhulik
Nov 14, 2012

The Montreal Star
For the record, I also believe that pizzagate is real and only property owners should be allowed to vote.

Zhulik
Nov 14, 2012

The Montreal Star
Today I'm doing my civic duty by purity-testing a maternity ward's crop of babies for corporate influences. While there, I also assign all of them genders -- St. Bernard of Sanders teaches us there are only two.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zhulik
Nov 14, 2012

The Montreal Star

paranoid randroid posted:

some lady did a bad tweet and now shes dead to me. i take content creation very loving seriously.

Creating content is basically posting and posting is my entire existence.

• Locked thread