Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe

ToxicSlurpee posted:

America's holidays mostly suck. They've been transformed into festivals of gluttony focusing largely on material things thanks to marketing. I generally refuse to celebrate them.

America's holidays are awesome they are festivals of gluttony and materialism and it's cool. christmas does not need to control 3 drat months tho that poo poo aint cool

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe
poo poo buy hamburger at least then it won't be tough as nails

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe

Wheat Loaf posted:

White bread tastes dreadful.

:golfclap:

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe

Jastiger posted:

Telemarketing is generally bad. BUT, as someone in sales, I think its kind of a detriment too. So many products and services people buy, but if you approached them over the phone its somehow "evil" or "Bad". I'm not saying telemarketing for some bullshit magazine subscription is a good thing, but I interact with people every day that use their phone for everything, except phone calls. They'll spend hundreds of dollars a month on something, but if you approach them for a product THEY ARE ALREADY PAYING FOR, they will refuse to communicate over the phone.

Its really quite weird.

I mentioned this a while ago too: You should always answer your phone even if you don't recognize the number. It takes literally 3 seconds of your life to figure out if its important to you or not.

if i want to buy something i'll come to you, i don't want you interrupting my life to pressure me into buying poo poo that i don't want. it's the same with door to door salespeople and the reason they don't hardly exist anymore.

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe

Collateral Damage posted:

There's a short movie/documentary on youtube about a family that went absolutely mental over beanie babies and put all their savings and every spare penny they had into buying them as an investment. Buying out all the local toy stores' stock as soon as they opened after getting a delivery, going on cross country trips just to find rare ones, that sort of thing. They still had thousands of worthless beanie babies all neatly sorted sitting in their basement. It seemed like they had come to their senses and accepted that they had been stupid though.

At work at the moment so I can't look it up, but it shouldn't be too hard to find.

i have a large storage container full of beenie babies sitting next to my desk that i use as a table. I mostly toss the toys in as extra gifts for young children at gift giving opportunities. I still have too many of the drat things thanks to my grandmother.

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe
australians call their tough guys on motorcycles Bikeys

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe

Das Boo posted:

Man, I like candy hearts and candy corn.

:same:

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe
jurassic world is the best american godzilla movie.

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe

Dross posted:

Space travel is vital to the long term survival of life and we can't assume any other intelligent species would be as short lived and consequently short sighted as we are.

why not?

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe

veni veni veni posted:

I love Mike Judge and it was my least favorite thing from him when it came out, but it really does feel prophetic at this point so it's really grown on me.

lol a universally loved black president is definitely prophetic

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe

mojo1701a posted:

We could do worse than a cartoon mouse as our lord and master.

we already did

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe

JnnyThndrs posted:

The people that bitch about 'tearing the bread' when spreading peanut butter are using that god-awful ultra-soft white bread designed for toddlers. Y'know, the kind where you can take an entire loaf and squeeze it down to a small cube the size of a couple decks of cards.

Real adult bread stands up to peanut butter, goddamnit.

nah man i've made peanut butter sandwiches with that poo poo before and the only way you tear the bread is if you are some sort of rage monster

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe

Master Twig posted:

The whole "love and passion are forbidden" thing was made up for the prequels so that Lucas could create a forbidden love story point for Anakin and Padme. It was completely absent in the original trilogy.

A thirst for adventure and excitement were warned against, but never love or friendship.

the problem isn't love even in the prequels. it's obsession Luke's obsession with fighting vader is shown to be bad in the dagobah cave scene. Anakin's obsession with saving padme causes the very thing he's afraid of.

the jedi are just hosed up and scared throughout the whole prequal trilogy

Also yoda was right that luke had no need to go to cloud city, he didn't accomplish anything except losing a hand.

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe

Sunswipe posted:

One of Jesus's lesser known miracles was turning his BO into Axe Body Spray.

man say what you will i don't think he smelled that bad though.

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe
Wrestling is anime. you got goodguys, badguys, a lot of standing around talking, named special/finishing moves and a bunch of idiots off to the side describing/acting impressed by the fight.

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe

Das Boo posted:

Maybe this is their way of dealing with the criticism that all their games with female protags are coincidentally their worst games. "Throw in some boobs for a 'no homo,' but otherwise nary a bitch in sight! GOLD!"

I could respect if they'd just said they wanted to tell a road tripping college teen boys story (forgot, Japan), but naw. They tried to pose it as in the interest of the quality and the realism of their dialogue.

the roadtrip and setting is the only decent part of that game and it basically ends like 1/5 through the game, also i'm pretty sure the protag is either in or graduated from college and 2 of the dudes are a bit older than him the other is his best friend

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe

Nijinsky Hind posted:

The way message boards are structured it's hard to post in huge threads without feeling like you're probably saying something that was already said 50 pages ago. Social media has outstripped message boards

people already made that point 50 pages ago nobody cares.

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe

yeah I eat rear end posted:

Yeah trophy hunting is indefensible, even moreso if it's an endangered species.

trophy hunting isn't all that bad, almost all of the money spent on trophy hunts is then used to support conservation and the money gives locals a reason to give a poo poo about actually those animals because otherwise they would likely be dangerous to people and livestock. Now if you're poaching get hosed but hunting is fine.

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe

Blue Star posted:

I think free speech and freedom of expression are vitally important and must be protected, and I don't think this makes me a Nazi, Nazi sympathizer, white supremacist, or fascist. :)

if you're worried that being pro free speech makes you look like a nazi sympathizer you probably are.

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe

zidane13 posted:

I live alone. And also you're part of the problem. It ain't no big thing. You do to your body what you like, you do what saves your life.

:therapy:

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe

Canemacar posted:

"Good point, banning the production and legal selling of semi-automatic guns whiskey would have an enormous effect on the illegal gun alcohol trade inside the US, supply would be drastically cut and prices would shoot up, making them far less available on the black market."

I feel like we're going in circles here. I say I don't support gun control because it'll turn out like Prohibition. You say you want to know a country with a black market in guns. I say we already have one. You say this proves we should do Prohibition again.

Hey good point, prohibition didn't stop alcohol trade but you know what it did do it lowered the amount of people killed by alcoholism by a lot. country kinda like banning some guns won't end gun trade but it might lower the mass shooting epidemic.

i mean maybe everyone will start making bathtub AK's and selling them in seedy underground shooteasies

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe
Guys why does everyone look at me funny when i wear shorts overtop my pants?

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

Sports are a healthy and good thing for society. Cheering for Are Team is a substitute for cheering for Are Country but without the part that involves racism,

lol no racism in sports, nosirree

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe

Guy Goodbody posted:

Musicians should be drug tested just like athletes. If they're found to be on performance-enhancing drugs, their music is roved from the charts and they're banned from entering the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame

what the gently caress is a musical performance-enhancing drug? brb gonna do some music roids so i can shred this guitar super hard guys!

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe

Tiggum posted:

Some people like to think that drugs make them more creative and it's very common for people to attribute any media that's even slightly weird or surreal to the creator's supposed drug use.

ok but what drugs enhance your ability to perform music?

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe

spit on my clit posted:

I wasn't really making that argument, i was equating solving hunger to solving the gun problem. they're both something that cant be done overnight. I've also edited the post you quoted, in case you'd like to give a response to that.

lol

lol both hunger and poverty absolutely could be solved overnight

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe

Guy Goodbody posted:

Say what you will about the F-35, at least it doesn't spontaneously burst into flame

they're working on it

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe
Holy poo poo the wrongness. Boneless wings don't have half the flavor of good wingmeat and you don't loving bread a god damned chicken wing like half the point of a chicken wing is the slightly crispy chicken skin. Boneless chicken wings are just chicken nuggets and if you are going to eat them at least like dunk them in sauce so they aren't gross and soggy.

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe
I actually kinda liked the first paranormal activity

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe

Solice Kirsk posted:

Bone in wings being superior to boneless wings is a hill I will gladly die on.

it's almost a hill i will murder upon

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe
I didn't like the last jedi but it was a really fuckin pretty movie and i feel like not enough of it's detractors give it credit for that. like tfa was a bad movie and also not much to look at but the last jedi is pretty gorgeous.

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe
he's both

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe

ToxicSlurpee posted:

That's just kind of McDonald's in general. The cheapest garbage food they could find pressed into something vaguely food shaped and simultaneously the best and worst thing you've eaten.

if you've never eaten real food.

like the Mc rib isn't good at all and a mcdonalds burger is firmly in the OK category, like i'm not one of those people that act like any fast food will destroy my body and send me to the shitter for a month but i would never describe mcdonalds as the best thing i've ever eaten

Elfgames has a new favorite as of 19:43 on Nov 4, 2018

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe

fizzymercy posted:

If a 1am drunk and high fast food meal isn't the best food you've ever eaten, then you have not been drunk or high enough. I once ate a Arby's roast beef 'n cheddar that made me weep with happiness because the tequila 'n cannabis said to.

I will also defend chains like Chili's and Buffalo Wild Wings under the same rules. Get lovely, eat poo poo. It's fun.

sorry my best drunk meal was a roadside grilled chicken breast with red wine BBQ sauce i ate that fucker bones and all

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe

yeah that's why they don't want to watch hollywood movies

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe
adam sandler was never funny at all

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe
the prequels are the only good star wars

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe

yeah I eat rear end posted:

still boring because even though they could and sometimes do lead to someone beating the poo poo out of someone and inflicting serious injuries on them, more often than not it's just a boring submission hold that you're allowed to tap out of before anything juicy happens.

yeah people should just be loving maiming and murdering each other

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe

JollyBoyJohn posted:

Someone bought me this avatar of Jimmy Saville and I have no idea why

i just assume you're a libertarian

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe