Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Got some broken bold tags on that third post.

Also, it's worth noting that Altema's rankings are based entirely on having a full assortment of Trust Mastery rewards at hand - Firion's a lot less useful without Dual Wield, and even Orlandu lags behind slightly without it. That's not to say they aren't still fantastic, but other Base 5* characters like Lightning, Luneth, and Elza require much less work early on, in exchange for not being as ludicrously broken once you have all the toys at your disposal.

This mostly only matters for the Physical DPS role, though, as most Support and Tank units need their supportive skills baked in, and all healers and mages need is gear; Dualcast helps, but most mage DPS already has it on hand and the difference between healers is whether or not Refia is slightly worse than Tilith or on par with her.

KataraniSword fucked around with this message at 11:40 on Nov 20, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Cartoon Man posted:

Maybe add a section about what's available in the cash store, what gives you the most bang for your buck, and how to whale :shepspends: properly.

For example, sometimes the bundle chests are worth getting, other times buying Lapis directly is the better choice. Buying keys is never worth it, you get plenty from events and not every chest is critical to open.

Yeah, the big problem is that bundles are erratic and fickle; sometimes you get something that's a really good buy like the bundle we had for Halloween, other times you're stuck with the not-really-worth-it 60 energy bundle or, worse yet, one of those absurdly overpriced Golden Equipment bundles.

A good rule of thumb is to treat anything in a bundle that isn't lapis or summon tickets (which can essentially be treated as lapis at a 1 ticket:500 lapis ratio) as fluff meant to make the bundle look more attractive without actually adding any value. Convert tickets to lapis, see if the bundle gives you more for your money than buying the lapis straight would.

As you stated, buying keys isn't worth it any more (though it was more feasible back at the beginning of the game before collection events, if you were one of those :spergin: folk who couldn't stand unopened chests). Magicite/Cactuars/Equipment can either be farmed or crafted. Event currency might be a good addition, but needs to be weighed against how much you could reasonably get per stamina refresh - something like 20000 Karma in a hypothetical BF bundle would be worth an absurd amount more, lapis-wise, than 20000 candy corn was in the Halloween bundle since you're assuming 75-100 runs vs about 20-30 runs. Equippable skills should only be taken into consideration if they aren't craftable, and even then we haven't had any skills in a bundle since the first month of the game.

KataraniSword fucked around with this message at 13:05 on Nov 20, 2016

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Cartoon Man posted:

New players, make sure to try the arena at least once a week, even if you lose. It earns you a mini tough pot and 5 arena summon tickets.

Hell, losing at the arena gives you the same participation awards each day as winning at it - 40 Lapis, an Ether, a Potion, and a Star Quartz.

The lapis and Star Quartzes in particular add up after enough days, and all you need to do is just do your basic 5 matches a day.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Nuebot posted:

So has it all been mathed out whether daily pulls or an 11 pull is better?

5000/11 = approximately 454 Lapis per pull. One (1) of those is a gold crystal, guaranteed, but that means just about nothing as everything in the gacha is 4*-capable.

Daily pull = 250 Lapis per pull.

Until the gacha rehaul hits, there is absolutely no reason to do 11-pulls unless you want a hail mary to try to grab a banner's chaser right before it ends.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Cartoon Man posted:

11 pull will guarantee at least a single 5 star in the pull.

Is that so? I didn't remember hearing that part of it.

The important parts, though, are:
  • All units will be equally weighted in their rarity tier; no longer will you be more likely to pull Bediles and Shadows and Lanis than you are Exdeaths and Firions and Bartzes
  • A gold crystal will always be a base-4*, a rainbow crystal will always be a base-5*. No more getting Gold Shadowned.

Thus, whatever guaranteed 4*s/5*s you get will actually be units of at least decent worth.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Scrublord Prime posted:

No drink, pop 'em like a normal item (then wander why they aren't getting any limit. Guessing they double limit gain when they get crystals but I dont want to blow far plane souls crafting and testing that)

Yeah, they make each crystal worth more, same as Elza's passive buff on Madness Strike or whatever it's called.

As for what you need Drink to chug down: Body Boost, Mana Boost, Protect Drink, Shell Drink, Hero Drink, and maybe Bacchus Wine? I'm not sure on that last one.

KataraniSword fucked around with this message at 07:59 on Nov 22, 2016

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Kuai posted:

I just started. Can I get Prishe from FFXI?

Not at the moment; even Shantotto is stuck in a lowly 4* (aka 'not that great') form and won't be seeing any upgrades for quite a few months.

That said, she will be coming along, with time.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

So apparently you can get Elza from the half-price dailies still, despite it not being the Brave Frontier banner any more. :psyduck:

I mean, I'm not complaining, especially about my first Base-5*, but still it was more than a little bit of a surprise.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

SquirrelGrip posted:

thanks friends

guess im chasing luneth/lighting now

If you're patient, Garland will (eventually) get a 6* form that makes him pretty similar to Lightning, except with Doublehand instead of Dual-Wield. His skillset's pretty similar aside from that, though.

It's just that at his 5* state, he's pretty solidly outclassed.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Skyridge posted:

My only hesitation about Garland is that his skills won't hit twice using double hand instead of dual wield.

At the same time, you do realize that each chunk of Dual Wield is only using one hand's worth of ATK, right? Not the entire thing?

A 4-hit barrage with each hit doing 50k damage and an 8-hit barrage with each hit doing 25k damage are effectively equivalent. The only time #hits becomes relevant is when you're either using things like the Aurora Scarf/Twin Lance which just flat out add hits, or in Arena where damage is capped.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Tagichatn posted:

Do mages even stay relevant? What's the point of mages when physical attackers get elemental coverage and even crazy elemental debuffs?

Mage burst damage will always be higher, if less sustainable. The only time mages start to lose traction as far as raw DPS when unimpeded is when you compare a Doubleking Orlandu.

Physical attackers also have much, much worse AoE than mages, even when they have it.

deltah posted:

Trying to figure out best uses for karma. I have a 5* refia I'd like to awaken (and a 3* bartz I guess?) and I haven't bought any of the materia or trust moogle yet. I awoke a luneth and cecil on this event so awakening refia is going to cost like 10-15k karma for the 540 cost mats. Is that still the best bet for karma?

And then for the materia -- whats the strategy there? This is my first event and none of my units have any yet (other than like 1 10% atk from.. somewhere). I feel like I want to buy these because they are limited time only and I have none, but I've also read a 10% atk materia recipe is being released soon? And then that drat moogle. I have a zidane and probably won't macro (I'm too lazy and it takes 3.5 months every night anyways?). I can't tell if that makes the moogle more worth it or less worth it.

I am a ball of worry over this karma.

Getting Refia awakened is a priority if she's max level. Bartz absolutely isn't, since you'd have to push him from 3*->6*, which would take absurd amounts of Gigantuar funnelling... it's more a project for the next collection event.

The materias aren't bad even if ATK +10% is craftable, since they boost more than one stat. That said, I wouldn't call them a priority, assuming you can get up the Karma for it.

The trust moogle is nice, but you'll have to burn lapis or get super lucky with metal god drops to get it at this point.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Shoenin posted:

What the hell are Crests and Jeweled/EXP Keys?

Inexplicable items like that are traditionally dummied out dev tools or future content that hasn't been released yet, usually.

Or maybe the injector just got 25 tubes of toothpaste.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

Squeenix doesn't want us to have Japan-level rewards?

I'd offer, instead, that Squeenix doesn't want to pad out our time with lovely Type-0 and FF13 banners featuring characters that nobody in the US really actually likes.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

aherdofpenguins posted:

Looking at the FF5 units I was kind of excited to maybe get a unit with Full Break, Faris, but she's garbage tier according to the Japanese tier lists. And Bartz is only mediocre. Worth rolling for Gilgamesh and Exdeath still?

Keep in mind three things.
  • Japan's meta has about 6 to 8 months of powercreep past us. Anything and everything is mediocre now since Orlandu exists, and now, the various Veritases exist.
  • Altema's tier listing assumes full access to any TM you want. In those circumstances, raw bruisers like Firion and DK Cecil will pull ahead of more utility-minded characters like Bartz and Ramza. Bartz does a decent amount with what he has, and he's good with very little outside TM influence. He'll get surpassed eventually, but he's on par with CoD in normal questing, I'd say, especially if you have a Refia around to turn him into a walking Elixir. I wouldn't particularly call him great for arenas, though.
  • Full Break is still Full Break, even on the worst person who can use it. Faris is basically a spicy fire-flavored Vaan and should be treated as such.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

aherdofpenguins posted:

What is it about Orlandu that completely breaks the game? Is he really THAT much better than everything they have currently?

In addition to this:

AegisP posted:

Holy explosion is a 200% 7 hit ignore 50% DEF and add a - 50% light res debuff that is comically easy to chain with (primarly itself by using an Orlandu friend leader). And you're also immediately taking advantage of that light vulnerability because if you equip anything but Excalibur on him (since he has Greatsword mastery), your game uninstalls itself out of shame.

There's also this, which I noted in the old thread:

KataraniSword posted:

• 210% mod attack with a 30% Stop proc, and, as we've learned with Agrias's LB, very few things resist Stop and if they don't it's downright crippling
  • A -40% ATK/MAG debuff attack, basically both of Ramza's debuffs wrapped up in a single action (albeit 3-turn instead of 5-turn)
  • A better source of self-MP restoration than Osmose
  • A Thunder-element mini-barrage as well as Agrias's Cleansing Strike/Delita's Northswain's Glow
  • Immunity to most of the physically-crippling statuses (save for Stone) along with his huge ATK boost for equipping a Greatsword.

He is more than just Holy Explosion spam, it's just that Holy Explosion spam is so broken that nobody looks at it.

And that's all on top of stats that are comparable to a max-leveled DK Cecil or 6* Chizuru. So yes. Orlandu is obscene; he's on par with the best of the best without TMs, but then you slap Dual Wield and two Excaliburs on him and everything that isn't immune to Holy melts into a puddle of dead.

KataraniSword fucked around with this message at 08:27 on Nov 24, 2016

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Twelve by Pies posted:

The reward for a 100 streak is 500 lapis. Spending 100 lapis to get ganked at 99 wins by a bullshit four-Lightnings-and-a-Cecil team is absolutely worth it.

I think this was more in line with what you actually meant, chief.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Nuebot posted:

The new trial is still wrecking my poo poo in though.

It's actually one fight where Barrage's unfocused damage is a really, really bad thing, since you want to focus down one part at a time and under no circumstances let the flower die before everything else. CoD really shines here for two reasons - one, Call of the Void is focused, heavy damage (and if they're strapped to an Ifrit, they get Plant Killer for free), and two, Aura Ball is an AoE attack debuff, which really, really helps survivability.

Speaking of Aura Ball, is it a -30% debuff or -40%? I see conflicting statements about it.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

kalensc posted:

lol that today's 50 lapis are gated behind wasting 3 orbs in the colosseum

It's not a waste if you never finished Colo. :v: I will reach the Defender's Bracer someday...

oh and the blood sword too i guess maybe

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

PopeCrunch posted:

oh my god i'm getting just destroyed. is the answer anything but 'welp level all your dudes to full plus awaken them to max and swing for the fences' or is there some trick i'm not getting. Team is CoD (5*, L39) / Kain (4*, L58) / WoL (4*, L60) / Arc (5*, L24) / Refia (4*, L60). Been trying like hell to get the materials to awaken WoL and Refia, but fuuuuck.

edit to add: Arc and Refia both have Gaia Gear on, which comes with a 50% Wind weakness, but honestly? I'm getting poo poo-stomped so hard that it doesn't even matter. I must be doing something wrong.

Getting CoD to 5*/80 and WoL to 5*/69 is the most important thing for that team, I think - that gets you Barrage and Full Break. Take off the Gaia Gear and Golem to help make life less miserable. Spam Cura all day erryday.

EDIT: Since Refia is 4* and I didn't realize her 4* was so poo poo, craft a spare Cura to slap on her if you don't want to grind out her Awakening mats. Otherwise, she learns both Cura and Curaja at 5*.

KataraniSword fucked around with this message at 23:40 on Nov 26, 2016

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Orgophlax posted:

EDIT: And what's the deal with Bedile that he seems to be held in high regard?

"High" regard. Since nobody gave a serious answer here, Bedile is probably one of the three worst rare-summon pull units in the game, after Shadow (who has absolutely no redeeming values) and Anzelm (whose Trust Mastery is literally craftable, like right now). There are several reasons for this:
  • His stats are poo poo. Like, even for a max-4* unit, his stats are below average.
  • Spellblade/"hybrid" attacks are garbage in this game thanks to how the game calculates damage. First it rolls as if the attack is physical (unit ATK vs target DEF), then it rolls as if the attack is magic (unit MAG vs target SPR), then it averages the two results. What you get is an attack that ends up "mediocre" no matter how good the unit is, because they're always going to do less damage than if they'd just relied on a single stat.
  • His Trust Mastery reward isn't even good, being an aforementioned spellblade attack.
  • He is goddamn everywhere in the rare summon gacha, currently. As it stands, summons are weighted so that "good" units are rarer than bad ones, and as of such, there's an unholy fuckton of Bediles, Shadows, and Anzelms to be pulled but not nearly as many Bartzes, Exdeaths, or what have you.

In other words, he's infamous because he's the very personification of wasted lapis/tickets.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

PathAsc posted:

E: you can look up abilities and such on the ffbe wiki, it's a decent source of info mostly.

ExviusWiki posted:

In Final Fantasy V, When Krile is assigned as a Berserker, her sprite looks like she's wearing tiger-themed pajamas.

"Mostly". :v:

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Dias posted:

I dunno what was up with DS remakes and making the games a lot more difficult than they used to be, because FF4DS (while still being pretty good) can also get pretty nasty.

Matrix Software (the guys who are responsible for FF3DS, FF4DS, and the mobile ports of FF5 and FF6) wouldn't know fun if it bit them on the rear end and gave them a business card.

The proof of this is that they're the guys who made Avalon Code. Yeah, those assholes still found work, and that work is ruining the nostalgia of early Final Fantasy.

I'm not bitter

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

PaybackJack posted:

Unfortunately the event is another "bonus" for those three characters grindable event currency. On the plus side the rewards don't sound terribly amazing and the character specific stuff is just weaker equipment.

Hopefully there's another trust moogle and it won't take days of grinding.

If they don't give that same "bonus" to Lightning there will be riots in the streets.

Either way, as always, priority should be Tickets -> Gigantuars -> Moogles/Materia if affordable -> Quartz -> Awakening mats -> Literally anything else

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Kronikle posted:

I'm a bit stoked. Does anyone know with TMs if Gilgamesh is better than Lightning or Luneth?

With Dual Wield he's on par with Luneth, I'd say. His appeal is that not only is he perfectly usable, but his TMR is another source of Dual Wield, be it for himself or whoever else you want to use it on.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Rigel posted:

Brand-new player here, many of you may have gotten my friend requests. I didn't want to go through that stupid reroll poo poo, so after getting nothing from my free rolls, I decided to spend a little money for 2 11-rare rolls and I got... Cloud of Darkness and Bartz. That seems to be lucky.

I assume that'll do for a starter to go along with these absurdly high-level friend creatures I can use.

Yeah, you should be good for a while. Both CoD and Bartz are solid enough at 5* to get you a foot up into the higher end of content, and both of them become great at 6*. Neither of them is absolute top of the mountain, but both of them are solid and actually work well together, given that Bartz can use all the weapons CoD can't.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Rigel posted:

Is there a reason to save rare summon tickets? I notice that there are times when specific creatures are higher chance to summon than normal, but ignoring that do you just use tickets when you get them if you aren't chasing a specific summon?

"Save them for the really good units in the future" is the typical mantra, with most people saving up to blow their entire load trying to get the holy grail (pun unintended) that is Orlandeau in a few months' time.

If you're not interested in going all-in on whatever units have been deemed "the best" then yeah, spend 'em as you get them, with the caveat that right now, the gacha is weighted so that you'll get more trash than treasure - bad units are more common than good ones of the same base rarity, and gold/rainbow crystals can be awakened units instead of units with that base rarity. Sometime in the future (probably 4-6 months out at this rate), there should hopefully be a change to the Gacha to fix both of these issues.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Further question: Is Brave Frontier's story finished? That might make me want to play it casually.

The only mobile game I've ever seen that "finished" its story was Terra Battle. You keep the story pointlessly serialized so that you can keep the people who are playing for the story in your gacha hell right alongside the people who are in it for :spergin:.

That said, the original "plot" is done, as is the second one.

The third part, currently in progress, is utter bullshit and basically removes your access to all the humongous overpowered units you're drawing constantly from the gacha now, forcing you to use low-rank poo poo that you've inevitably evolved past their low rank origins. It's a great idea in theory but it's also violently counterproductive to everything you need to do to get to that point so, you know. Not a fan.

Hardbody posted:

Except.....Exdeath is quite a bit better than ramza?

Altema's rankings take all possible TM rewards into account. Ramza has more than magic he can fall back on with his support poo poo and a few physical skills, and barring that, he can drop doublecast Ultimas just as easily as Exdeath can drop them - with only a single TMR in their belt (Ultima in Exdeath's case, Dualcast in Ramza's). With stacked Letters to Arms, he ends up equivalent but more versatile.

Altema also boosts characters based on whether they get skill enhancements or not. Ramza does, but to my knowledge Exdeath does not have any yet.

KataraniSword fucked around with this message at 08:40 on Dec 1, 2016

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Hardbody posted:

I'm aware of how Altema ranks it's list. The question is: IS Exdeath the best mage on glabl right now? The answer is yes, and for a while until we get majin fina?

Talking about how Ramza compares now with far off enhancements is like talking about how DKC is really good.......... Once he gets enhancements. It has no bearing on the current Global meta.

Currently, he's the best mage in Global, with Arc in second and then Kefka/Tellah/Krile fighting for third.

The problem is, "for a while" is going to last exactly as long as it takes for the banner that, in JP's rotation, was immediately after this FF5 banner. It's just that Global is catching up with banners it skipped in the past, but as soon as Chizuru and Rain get their 6*s, that's when the Dark Fina banner hits and she becomes the new queen of mage mountain, though I couldn't immediately tell you why.

EDIT: Looking at her entry on Reddit's wiki, it becomes incredibly apparent why. :catstare: Baked-in double Ultima, access to a decent spread of uncommon -ga elements, an ATK/DEF debuff stronger than Full Break's, and a dark magic nuke that gets more powerful when you use it repeatedly? loving hell, where do I sign up?

KataraniSword fucked around with this message at 08:51 on Dec 1, 2016

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Ratmtattat posted:

jfc

Just when I think I'll have some cool TMs and put up impressive numbers I am reminded that I am not a whale.

It could be worse. He could have a Brave Suit. :getin:

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Pokemaster #421 posted:

I wonder how many tickets on average it will take to snag an Orlandu.

Judging by normal numbers, since Orlandu's banner is prior to the gacha update:

Rainbow crystals are a 1% Draw Rate. Rate Ups take up half of the rainbow crystal alottment, and there are four 5*-capable units on rateup. Assuming those are split evenly:

.01*.5*.25 = 0.00125, so about a 1 in 1000 chance to get an Orlandu on his "Rate Up". Meaning it will take 1000 draws. On average.

Granted, that number will go up significantly once/if the gacha update hits on Global, since it removes the potential of anything but Base-5s out of a rainbow crystal.

KataraniSword fucked around with this message at 06:15 on Dec 2, 2016

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Scrublord Prime posted:

a Crushing Blow AoE edition for Lightning

Wrong. It's Thundaga with a Thunder Resist Down chaser.

It's magic. On Lightning. Which means it's loving garbage.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Mrit SA posted:

The banner being split in two gives me hope for a Lightning Banner in week 2.

Not that I would actually get her as I still haven't seen a rainbow. But it would be interesting.

Lightning in Week 2 gives me hope that all our Light friends will get boosts on the stupid event drops. The sooner I can get those gigantuars and, hopefully, tickets/moogle, the sooner I can forget this event ever happened.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Nuebot posted:

Yeah I just noticed some poo poo was up with that. Even with the unit bonus you get really, really underwhelming amounts of gears. At least sacred crystals drop :shepface:

Worth noting that based on the last two events, we can codify "unit bonuses" as such:

BASE 3* UNITS (Sazh, Hope): +50% event dosh :saddowns:
BASE 4* UNITS (Karl, Tillith, Snow): +75% event dosh :geno:
BASE 5* UNITS (Elza, Maxwell, Lightning if they actually give her a boost next week): +100% event dosh. :retrogames:

Considering the gear yields are half of what BF's karma yields were (Appx. 100 per 13 EN, with rare cactuars for 500) it's honestly not even worth considering grinding this event for anything but maybe awakening materials, recipe ingredients, and gigantuars.

gently caress, I may not even grab the summon tickets at this rate.

KataraniSword fucked around with this message at 11:28 on Dec 2, 2016

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Shark Tower posted:

Basically this. It's a pretty malicious system that uses the 'free to play' excuse to psychologically manipulate players into giving them money. You can bet the company doesn't care how much it tarnishes its or the Final Fantasy name, as long as it makes massive profits, and you should feel bad about complaining, because you're getting to play it 'for free'.

At the same time, you have to realize something. The mogcake and candy corn events handed out bonus event currency with rare summons/in cash bundles, respectively. This event packs the event currency into limited time (and limited quantity) lapis bundles that, over the course of the event, very likely won't even hand out enough to get a single "chaser" item.

They're putting the screws even to the whales on this one, and something tells me that they're gonna get burned again. FFBE has always been absurdly swingy in its treatment of the player, and it honestly seems like we just came out of a good couple of months and have fallen back into "Gumi is king shitlord" season again. Thankfully, these spells only last a month or two lest they risk pushing away even their income generators.

Fisting Tent posted:

How to you fill the Esper bar?
There is a bunch of Lapis I'm trying to collect but I can't figure out how to summon Esper.

The green summon crystals drop alongside red limit burst crystals when you beat up enemies. Barring that, Garnet and Rydia have limit bursts that fill up the summon gauge partially.

You also need an esper equipped on at least one character to fill the esper bar, but I figure that went without saying.

KataraniSword fucked around with this message at 18:29 on Dec 2, 2016

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Fisting Tent posted:

Just did an experiment and the green seem to drop only when scoring an overkill. I may be wrong.

It's just bad RNG. They're a lot rarer than the red, but they drop normally too. Past that, you can focus all your attacks on one enemy at a time even after it's "dead" by selecting them before you launch your attacks. Units with lots of hits in their attack are best, which is actually a point in favor of Lightning's ridiculously overelaborate animation.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

So, should I keep Sazh as my shared leader, or go back to Lightning?

Sazh is terrible. People who can farm the event with their own base 5s could carry him, but he's awful enough to be a liability to anyone else.

Plus, as stated earlier, he only gives a +50% drop boost.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Armitage posted:

*tries arena for the first time*

*enemy looks like they have lower leveled*

*one character not named Edgar uses bio blaster*

:stare: :gonk: NOPE. Never doing that again ha ha ha

Bio Blaster is easily craftable, though. It's not like it's a TMR. :confused:

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

kalensc posted:

Arena ticket got me a 4* burst pot so now Cecil has a lvl 15 LB and has just awoken to 5*.

Wonder if it's worth waiting for more burst pots and keeping him at 5* or if I should max him out asap. Charlotte's been a reasonably strong tank, but I could def use a 2nd Curaja user plus Cecil's other skills.

Lv15 on a 6* Cecil is astounding and honestly I would've suggested maxing him out ASAP even before that.

You could hoard burst pots forever for the Best Cecil or you could get a very good almost-the-best Cecil right now.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Cartoon Man posted:

We just got paid for our monthly arena ranking, check your inbox.

Sweet, my first ever TMR. :toot: Now to funnel future moogles into Zidane...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Cartoon Man posted:

But with all that you're not going to get everything.

This event is really trash and your lapis would be better spent in literally any other way.

• Locked thread