Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

Get you a girl who can do both!

NinjaDebugger fucked around with this message at 13:06 on Nov 20, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

Purged some inactive goons and bad pubbies, have 20 slots open now: 103, 135, 071

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

rio posted:

I just bought 20 more slots because I want more goon friends! I am still a new player with a scrubby but soon to be great Elza - I play daily, send gifts and appreciate any help offered by adding me! 986 394 722

Edit: might as well add a question. At the recommendation from the old thread, I am using 5 star Elza, and all 3 star Lenna, Vivi, Kefka and Rydia.

Some units I have gotten since last asking are 4 star Luna, Russel and Alamo but I assume they are not worth swapping into my team. I also got Renaldo, Penelo, Shantotto, Sabin, Celes, Kujo, Duanne, Galuf, Kenyu and Arc, all 3 star. I heard that all of the Exvius units are trash but are any of the others I have here worth swapping into my team?

Edit 2: my team is around level 30 right now too so I am pretty invested in them. I have been ignoring Rain et al - I assume that the default characters shouldn't be leveled?

Swap out Vivi for Arc, Arc is for the forseeable future a strictly better Vivi. Otherwise, no changes.

Also, sent you a friend req.

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

Just like to add that I cleared out so many slots that even with having added seven or so goons, I still have like 20 slots open. Even if you don't necessarily need another sweet lightning, don't hold back. 103, 135, 071

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

HGH posted:

I wonder why only CoD is the big fat exception to race rules. Why isn't Exdeath a plant/human hybrid? Do they fear just how terrifyingly strong the Plant-Killer passive would be?

Also I think someone from here made a big effort post about PVP, so I wanna ask, what do you use Maxwell for?

Right now, not much. When she gets her 6 star, though, she gets 150% lmit break bonus, a 210% AOE light phys with AOE Dispel, man-eater, AOE esunaga + 1 round AOE ailment immunity, and a single target 200% light with 50% defense ignore. That makes her, though not brokenly good, an excellent 6 star with innate single target and AOE power, and as noted by someone previously in the thread, limit breaks like a fiend.

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

rabidsquid posted:

ive been running Maxwell on my explorations to level her up a little and i don't know exactly whether or not she's worth anything as a 5* but i can say that her limit burst recharges everything and its not uncommon for her to give herself 40-50% of a bar off her own lb

Just wait until she's getting +150% limit break. It's called Endless because the ride never stops!

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

Dana Crysalis posted:

it has its uses, notably:

Arena: If enemy goes first, your Cecil turning that on mid-beatdown would help make him take even less damage.
Buff durations: After it is triggered, it never expires. It can be dispelled, but if overridden by a buff, it returns after the greater buff fades.

I think it's not bad to stick on a tank, really, in case something happened to buffs.

I put one on my Cecil and one on my Cloud, because my cloud is hilarious and her going super saiyan at low health just makes it more hilarious. If only she wasn't vulnerable to Raise.

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

For those throwing themselves against Antenora, my Lightning's at 588 attack, double plant killer, non-elemental weapons.

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

HGH posted:

Just had the weirdest PVP match ever.

Enemy team is Luneth, CoD, ExDeath, Kefka, and Delita. They get the first turn. I look away only to find one of my Kefkas petrified.
I kill everyone but the dual wielding CoD. Suddenly my own Cecil and CoD are petrified. Turns out this CoD is somehow petrifying me with her physical attacks? Eventually it comes down to the wire, I have one Kefka left with 100 HP. Turn goes to the other team, CoD uses Darkside, killing itself and the rest of my team. I get awarded the victory. Still though, that was absolutely bizarre.

Welcome to the new hotness of arena. Golem Staff is in the gale vault and unlocked this week, and anything that has barrage and dual wield can use it to petrify people like crazy, and both Cloud and Butts can wield it natively. Butts even has a super-barrage that gets 5 hits instead of 4, and the proc can go off on either hand.

It is the bee's butts, as the saying goes.

NinjaDebugger fucked around with this message at 02:56 on Nov 27, 2016

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

MrLonghair posted:

Where do I find Hunger. I still haven't killed a single one, the quest says. I have tried the two zones listed on the wiki, done days, ZERO.

Wicked Peaks, Alluring Winds.

No, you won't hit them frequently, but you will hit them. There's even a script you can just let run for a while.

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

Orgophlax posted:

As someone that isn't gonna macro, or waste the time to level/awaken 1* friend pulls, so I just go ahead and merge them?

Yep. You're going to get so many friend pulls. SO many. Don't ever trust farm them. The maximum friend points you can have accumulated at once is 100k, and you will max out constantly.

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

Vax posted:

Just for confirmation because I've never done this and don't wanna gently caress it up: If I want to fuse 2 units for 100% TM I need 1x 50% and 1x 45% correct?

correct. As long as they total to 95% or more, you're good.

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

Zebia posted:

I thought doublehand didn't stack in Global.

It stacks, you just can't equip more than one.

If you have it innately, it doesn't count as having one "equipped", so you can equip one, getting two. If there's ever an equipment that grants it, that'd stack too.

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

dangerous.hotdog posted:

Is the FF13 the worst banner we've seen yet? I think it might be.

it was originally 1 banner with 2 more new characters plus Her Royal Pinkness, who will presumably be on banner next week.

hoping I can get at least one Snow for that stupid, stupid TM.

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

Chen Kenichi posted:

What we need is for there to be a rod or mace that has some SPR attached so you can ditch one HP +15% for a heavy shield use. A possible 20%+ boost to DEF is probably better than the 15% to base health for not-dying purposes, but not worth it losing that much SPR.

I'm confused. My Refia has magi staff and heavy shield equipped, why would you need a rod or mace? She's rocking equip shield, dualcast, stona, and melody of life, plus magi staff, flame shield, mystery veil, minerva bustier, 2x muscle belt.

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

Vax posted:

Given that they are doing this bonus event crap again it's just not worth pulling on this banner at all amirite?

I just finished a pair of Kaiser knucks, so I'm gonna see if I can pull a Snow or two for the crazy TM, but that's about it. Otherwise it's a pretty trash banner.

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

Pokemaster #421 posted:

Well at least dk Cecil is pulling his weight in the arena this week. He's the only other 6 star guy I've got aside from exdeath who can hit the entire opposing team and with refias embolden he usually drops 999 on almost everyone. Glad I'm finally getting some use out of him since I was so damned bummed when I pulled him on Luneths banner. Still pissed about that but what can you do

Diablos + Staff User + Golem Staff (+dual wield) = AOE darkside with 30% chance of petrify per target, twice if you can dual wield. Even comes with man eater. I've got Butts doing it, since he lacks innate AOE this arena week.

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

Tagichatn posted:

Are you really going to farm 4 TMs for one character?

Why would you stop at only four TMs?

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

Fenrir posted:

Hey, put your Lightnings on Ifrit, folks. Still seeing a lot of Diablos... great for arena, but that should be set up as a different team. He's not gonna help you at all with the event or the new trials.

Speaking of the new trial, my Lightning is now specced for the 2 headed dragon, with dragon slayer and twin lance, now with red hot sakurafubuki/blade mastery action.

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

CyberLord XP posted:

Blew a bunch of saved ticket hoping for a lightning. Got Charlotte which is good, two gold Rosa I don't need, and SIX FANGS. WTF. Is she worth any amount of poo poo other than team gear grind?

She's Kain but with elemental instead of lance, slightly more atk/def, and weaker jumps. Or, if you prefer, Freya with single target elemental and more attack instead of healing.

Either way, she's not top tier, and unlike those two, has a less immediately desirable TMR, but if you're like some poor fools and have thirteen clouds, farming up a quick equip spear so you can put a couple gungnir on a cloud is acceptable.

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

Fifty five loving summon tickets, and some lapis yesterday. Nothing but Hope and Fang... and a few useful TMs. Today... LIGHTNING STRIKES AGAIN.

I immediately entered her in a cactuar huffing competition, which she won handily, and then gave her my second best Lightning gear, and now she's at 518 attack.

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

The best weapon for Snow beside's Xiao's TM is his coat right?

No. The Sonic Knuckles are the best fist weapon in the game.

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Im up to my fourth ludmile. Why cant I have 4 zidanes instead

What caster benefits from them, given that the ones Im leveling already have dualcast or double black?

Refia. Oh god, Refia. There is nothing so close to true happiness as having Refia toss off Esuna or Full Life plus a Curaja, not in this cursed game.

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

Vax posted:

ENCHANTED MAZE FINALLY MOTHERFUCKER

time to grind all week until my eyes bleed :woop:

Since I actually dodged :bedile: and pulled her royal Chorizo the other day: Is she worth maxing at all?

Mind you I'm really unlucky on physical attackers. Only decent ones I have is basically Firion and Bartz.

She gets Stasis Blade as a normal attack and defense ignore single target and AOE attacks, and she has enhancements due when we get those. The only thing holding her back at all is her weapon selection, and she and her kids provide you everything she needs to be amazing.

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

Voodoo posted:

Thanks for this - christ that was annoying.

This wouldn't have been a problem if you heartless motherfuckers weren't content to let a sobbing woman run away to throw herself off a pier because her fiance is dead.

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

m.hache posted:

Holy poo poo how are you supposed to do the 2 headed dragon now.

NinjaD only hits it for 900. My team of 6*s didn't even budge the lifebar.

Jesus loving christ. My Lightning has 723 attack. That's every single kind of completely absurd.

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

PaybackJack posted:

Why can't you chain off Bartz? He has barrage(and Gale Barrage) and isn't nearly as squishy.

You're not chaining barrage, you're chaining Chizuru's super-bladeblitz, which has odd timing and extremely fast hits. She's easiest to chain with herself.

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

m.hache posted:

Of course after bitching about my Macro's today, Nox has been running flawlessly for 6 hours while I work.

If your system supports chrome remote desktop, I was surprised to discover that it is both usable over 4g on my phone and also quite data-light for the short periods necessary to check in on my macros and get them restarted.

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

Hey Fingercuffs posted:

So two team setup questions, first my Magic team is currently two level maxed Arc's, a 6 star Exdeath, Refia and Vaan Breaking. I have two more exdeaths sitting in backup should I bring those Exdeaths up or keep at least one Arc around?

Now for a physical team, I pulled a second Cheez so I was thinking Noct, Two Cheez, Vaan and Refia, but I've learned that apparently Noct can take of the breaking so maybe someone else instead of Vaan? Other options for this team are Cecil, Mercedes, Firion, Duane, Hayate but those don't seem like the best options out of what I have.

Noct and 2 Chizuru are all you need for striking, run the Cecil. Give the Chizuru both offhand Kazekiri if you can, have them elemental chain Phantom Shadow for absurd amounts of damage, even in arena.

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

Vadun posted:

I'm thinking of benching Black Cat Cid.

I have no TM's at all on anyone, she's using the thunder hammer and about halfway through spitting out the cat ears.

I've finished the story so far, haven't done any trials. Probably going to replace her with Mercedes, the other party members being Arc Refia Faris Cloud of Darkness.

I also need to swap in ExDeath for Arc eventually.

Is abusing Hex Strike still going to be useful in future events or story missions? Feels like most bosses are immune now.

Just don't sell her or fuse her? I mean, you can always bring her back if she trivializes another boss.

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

Vexrm posted:

My fifth rainbow on Noctis Banner! WOOOO! Maybe it will be a boy ba.....
Freaking COD. Again.

What the gently caress is wrong with your RNG.

I just booted 100% of non-goons/friends off my list, so I'm at 117 of 130. Hit me up at 103,135,071 for the glorious noodle prince, now with double bracer action.

Also, a friend of mine has me as his only whale buddy, and could really use some goon support at 392 609 535

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

Just cleared off some inactive goons, 10 slots open at 103 135 071

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

Go RV! posted:

Ling: 6* L45
Dance of Death
Inflict 2 random status ailments (30%) to all enemies and increase power of the next normal attack (+1x, max +10x) to caster

Does anyone know if this is coded the same way as Black Cat Lid? If so, that would be amazing.

e: Oh wait, it has a percent chance on it. Oh well, too bad.

Lid also has a % chance, so there's a chance they hosed it up exactly the same way.

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

Nuebot posted:

Is it just me, or do those secret of mana units look kind of lame? The sword could be cool but it's not something I'd really try hard for. The other TMs are underwhelming. Are their abilities great?

No, unless they add some really sweet poo poo to them, none of them, not even randi, are top tier. THey're definitely adding a bunch to Randi, though, in JP he's only got 50% damage boost vs spirit/beast/undead/dragon, not 125%.

Randi's enhancements do look loving boss, though. gain 8 limit per turn, built in ribbon (up from 25% resist) and regen HP/MP, +100% attack & +35% def/spr with a sword (up from 35/20) and +100% doublehand, and a 400% single target attack with -50% defense debuff for 3 turns.

Primm's basically a 6 star Bedile, with hybrid damage everywhere, plus raise and AOE super Holy.

Edit: Actually, now that I look at her a little closer, Primm is basically Bedile beerslammed with a decent white mage. She's got a not-quite Esuna, super holy, a Curaja equivalent, and her REvive gets enhancements to 60 and 100% health. The downside is, no dualcast. It's 100% abilities.

NinjaDebugger fucked around with this message at 14:10 on Feb 1, 2017

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

Dana Crysalis posted:

Randi is currently a 98/100 after enhancements in JP, and is considered part of the top-tier new meta Doublehand users. If we follow suit, our version of Randi might be tippy-top tier since he's coming out of the gate with more stuff.

We don't get to stack doublehand like they do, though.

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

Cartoon Man posted:

If you didn't read the notice, GUMI definitely has a UI problem...

Now somebody tell me the best way to gear out this piece of poo poo secret of Bedile unit please...

Dual Wield (or Genji Glove) + 3 (4) Letters and Arms. Enhancer/Mana Sword + Kaiser Knuckles + Champion's Belt + Minerva Bustier/Lordly Robe + whatever helmet.

The one I have up right now, after being stuffed with all the pots I can muster, has:

Enhancer, Kaiser Knuckles
Survivor Helm, Magi Robe
Champion's Belt, Hero's Ring
Dual Wield, 3x Letters and Arms

This yields:
3441 HP, 260 MP
433 ATK, 527 MAG
282 DEF, 270 SPR
with Diablos.

I slotted her into Cecil's off-heal slot, and instead of tanking, she is making GBS threads out DPS like a champ, using either Saintly Beam for 300% magic damage, or dual wielded sabers for single target.

My front line is 3 people with Excalibur, the holy chains are kind of ridiculous. Also, Saintly Beam looks like a Kamehameha.

NinjaDebugger fucked around with this message at 14:43 on Feb 3, 2017

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

Cartoon Man posted:

I'll go +MAG then, I don't have hardly any of those TM's, still working on my first DW.

A budget build for her would be more like:

Her event knuckles or your best rod + creepy mask + magi robes + 2 hero rings + the best magic boosts you can swing for materia.

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Even with 3 SoM units on my team the payout on candies is horrible. Getting the axe will be a nightmare, and its the only equipment I care about.

If you've got bonuses, that'll change the moment you hit a few rabite spawns. Hit a 6 and a 5 back to back, pulled in 10k candy. They're reasonably frequent spawns.

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

Cartoon Man posted:

Though in the end...she's really just a six star Bedile.

This. Primm is really not good, folks, even stacking all your magic bonuses on her. That changes only slightly once she gets her enhancements. I only use her because she synergizes ridiculously well with my existing party, which involves three excaliburs and two lightnings. (The timing on Area Blast and Saintly Beam are such that with excals on the lightnings, saintly beam will come out into a gigantic elemental chain, edgar-style, just by hitting auto/repeat) If you have multiple excaliburs laying around, maybe try chaining saintly beam, but otherwise she's just a mediocre off-heal off-dps.

edit: This can be ignored if you don't have enough 6 stars to make a full party, though there are some 5 stars who are probably better in slot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

Pokemaster #421 posted:

I'm sitting on about 53k after getting all the tickets so yeah it's Def doable. Still stuck debating whether I want the axe or the trust moogle since I don't have a Mercedes and I can't tm grind. Decisions decisions

Even if you don't have a dedicated axe user, it's an axe better than murasame. It can also contribute to making a TM-less firion amazing, if absolutely nothing else. Get it just in case.

• Locked thread