Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
jaclynhyde
May 28, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

big cummers ONLY posted:

Reposting from last thread because I think it got swallowed up - is there a reason to do Arena as a newbie? I thought the first 5 fights a day would give you lapis win or lose but I haven't been getting rewards the past couple of days.

The rewards should show up in your inbox, where you have to collect them--if they're not there, put in a help ticket. There's also the weekly rewards depending on your ranking, which no one has received yet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jaclynhyde
May 28, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

PaybackJack posted:

Faris looks like a weak breaker. Better than Vaan in some ways, but probably not worth chasing by the looks of it.

Yes, but Faris is the best and I want her even if she's warming the bench.

Well, I'm sure I'll pick her up while chasing Gilgamesh anyway.

jaclynhyde
May 28, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
Threw all my 24 tickets and 15000 lapis on summons, because forget saving for Orlandu, Gilgamesh and Faris are my faves and I want them. Also I could use an Exdeath. Trip report:

7x Exdeath!! (3 gold)
5x Vivi (1 gold)
5x FARIS!
4x Fran (2 gold)
4x Anzelm (1 gold)
4x Penelo
3x Sabin
2x Shantotto
2x Lani
2x Edgar (1 gold)
2x Bedile
2x Luna
2x Duane
Ingus (gold)
Cyan (gold)
Vaan! (gold)
Maria (gold)
Agrias! (gold)
Garnet! (gold)
Golbez (gold)
Cerius
Shadow (my second Shadow ever, lol)
Cyan
Mustadio
Firion!
Alma (gold)

59 pulls, 5 new characters, what the gently caress am I going to do with 7 Exdeaths

EDIT: Cast 10 meteors in one round, that's what

jaclynhyde fucked around with this message at 16:56 on Nov 25, 2016

jaclynhyde
May 28, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
Did my daily pull, I'm up to nine Exdeaths. He's like friggin' kudzu.

jaclynhyde
May 28, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

Haven't drawn even one yet. Lucky.

All nine Exdeaths came from Greg-chasing over the past few days, so this banner's the time to do it!

jaclynhyde
May 28, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
I eleven-pulled today

I was wrong

jaclynhyde
May 28, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
Last half-price pull for a Gilgamesh...Zidane #2.

Okay, okay, I'll start macroing.

jaclynhyde
May 28, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
Regarding mildly less bullshit content, I'm still having trouble with ELT Greg v.2. Which 4* should I prioritize leveling?

Agrias (replacing Ingus)
Refias (replacing Lenna)
Exdeath (replacing Arc)

My other two are Cecil and CoD.

jaclynhyde
May 28, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

I can't get through the ELT version of this event without a good friend unit. So I'm going to like, get no gears at all.

Same. How much does PRO give again?

jaclynhyde
May 28, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

PringleCreamEgg posted:

Looking at the japanese altema website for the game, it seems they added Onion Knight who is insanely good.

Jesus, someone at Gumi really loves FFIII.

jaclynhyde
May 28, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
all the daily quest rewards

except when you open the envelope all it gives you is the five lapis

jaclynhyde
May 28, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
500 lapis and 5 summon tickets (and endless connection errors)!

Edit: spent it all on my last try for Greg... Fran, Xiao, Bedile, Anzelm, Butz #2, Vivi.

jaclynhyde fucked around with this message at 03:09 on Dec 9, 2016

jaclynhyde
May 28, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

Enjoy your Barrages, friend

jaclynhyde
May 28, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
Is Cheezo currently better than CoD for damage with no TMs? I like having CoD around for Omni-Veil and Thundaga, but I have a max Chizuru hanging around doing nothing. (Main party is Agrias/Cecil/Refia/ExDeath/CoD, mage/arena is Arc/Cecil/Tellah/ExDeath/CoD).

Also, what characters should I work on leveling for situational reasons? I'm working on Bartz and Rydia (for summoning objectives) and I have Kain, four more ExDeaths, Black Cat Lid, two more CoDs, one more Cheeto, three Kriles, Hope, Firion...I may never have drawn a base five, but at least I'm solid for everything else? :v:

jaclynhyde
May 28, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
Used my five tickets for Christmas:

Maria
Kuja #1
Locke #1
Charlotte
Butz

Two new units, and someday a great weapon for my CoD? I'll take it.

jaclynhyde
May 28, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
Dropped four tickets today, got my first Mercedes and WoL. Sure, I'll take it! Now BE just needs three more pirate captains for a full party.

jaclynhyde
May 28, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

oh thank god it's over

jaclynhyde
May 28, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
Four pulls, got Trey and Seven. If nothing else, I'm good at getting base 4* units...

jaclynhyde
May 28, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

Captaindirtnap posted:

Not just you, bud. I've been playing from the start and my only 5* crystal was Amarant. I'm looking forward to unloading on the Orlandu event with probability on my side. And yes, I know it doesn't work that way but give me something to hope for.

Yeah, I've fought oodles of arena teams with no base 5*s (going for the low-hanging fruit since I don't have one either). I think Benthalus is way overestimating how many people have them.

jaclynhyde
May 28, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
Pulled my half-price, got my first rainbow! It's...Lenna!!!

:negative:

jaclynhyde
May 28, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

Cao Ni Ma posted:

http://imgur.com/a/zZL7O

Nice, a day before the crystal change

Sup, partner in agony! :(:respek::(

jaclynhyde
May 28, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
11-pull commiseration thread!

Cheezo
CoD
Vaan
Bedile x2
Russell
Guy
WoL
Galuf
Shantot
Golbez

Would be pretty good if I didn't already have multiples of all the good units, oh well.

Edit:

PaybackJack posted:

Garland
Garland

:arghfist::mad: The one non-limited base 3 I need...

jaclynhyde fucked around with this message at 15:20 on Feb 23, 2017

jaclynhyde
May 28, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
Threw in a few more tickets to grab a Shine, stopped when I instead got Olive. Holy crap I've been playing since a few months after the game came out and I finally got my first real rainbow like three days after my first troll rainbow. Now what do I do with my life.

jaclynhyde
May 28, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

Oh my god, Iris's limit break is Gladio tossing her at the enemy. :allears:

jaclynhyde
May 28, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

KDdidit posted:

1/2 pull today was Chorizo, player's choice confirmed!

Got Refia on half pull yesterday, Nine today. Clearly this banner is actually all surrounding banners.

jaclynhyde
May 28, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
I had long ago decided not to chase Orlandeau, so I splurged on two 11-pulls and all my 30-something tickets in an attempt to get my faves Noct and Greg. I got a rainbow! Marie. I can't complain too much, but this is the second time I've failed at whaling for Greg. :negative:

I also managed to pull two Y'shtolas. Is there a reason to keep two if I have DC Refia?

jaclynhyde
May 28, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

Dana Crysalis posted:

Christ, is there anyone left in this thread who has BAD luck on pulls?

Whaled and spent all my tickets and most of my lapis chasing Noct and Greg, got Marie.
Spent every King Mog ticket and all dailies on FFT banner, got no banner units.
Got Fran and Elle and some other junk on this banner so far.

My second 5* base isn't the absolute worst pull, but all the trash on FFT was pretty disheartening.

jaclynhyde
May 28, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
The wiki has an adjusted chart of exploration gil if you're Waylaying with Xon every battle, in case you're like me and instantly lose track of how many battles you've done.

jaclynhyde
May 28, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

Varance posted:

New characters on the JP side this week are Yuna, Lulu and Seymour. Wakka gets a bump from 5* to 6*. Yuna fills the role of 5* God unit.

- Yuna (5*/6*) is best classified as a Support/Magical DPS that can also heal in a pinch. She's got a unique gimmick, in that she can use half of a summon gauge to call upon Valefor for massive damage (9x AoE or 20x single). She also has Eiko/Garnet's "summon any equipped esper" ability and the biggest boost to summon damage and gauge generation of any character to date. Her healing and support suite includes Curaja, Barfiraga, Barthundaga, Barwaterga, Barblizzaga, Protectga, Shellga, Esuna, Dispel, Raise and Reraise. Limit break is an AoE Raise + 100% heal + regen + wall effect (defense up 80%/spirit up 100%). Pretty drat powerful, though she doesn't have Arise or Dualcast. TM is Nirvana (116 SPR, 68 MAG, auto-limit)

- Lulu (5*/6*) is basically a Shantotto-type, with Firaja/Waterja/Thundaja/Blizzaja and the Flare/Flood spells. She also has auto-refresh, can doublecast black and has the Focus ability. One of the strongest mages to date, and fairly versatile with 4 elements.TM is an Onion Knight Doll (120 MAG, MP+20%, auto-faith), counts as a rod.

- Seymour (4*/6*) is your boilerplate double black -ga mage with a few darkness-based moves on top. His spell suite is Firaga, Blizzaga, Thundaga, Waterga, Darkga, plus he can sacrifice his own HP to deal damage and sacrifice his defense to deal additional dark damage. He also has summon boosts, putting him on par with a character like Terra or Rydia. His TM is Teachings of Yevon, which boosts summon stats by 10% and HP/MP+15%. Nothing to phone home about, unless you want to boost Bahamut (great for Yuna).

- Wakka gets a 6* upgrade and gains Element Reels (damage with a random Fire/Ice/Water/Lightning element), Status Reels (AoE damage and random status effects - can be a -40% to any stat or any status ailment in the book) and, after using a Terra-esque charge move, Auroch Reels (still not sure on this one). Overall, pretty meh for a 6*, and Setzer heavily outclasses him. His TM is Over the Top (117 ATK throwing weapon).

Who do we have to kill to get Auron?

jaclynhyde
May 28, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
Thanks, Tengames, for letting me beat Greg with the proper party.

jaclynhyde
May 28, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
My Olive is loving the raid gun! Which will be useful for as long as it takes her to finish up her 97% TM. :v:

jaclynhyde
May 28, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
Got Setzer #1 on my daily pull yesterday. Threw a ticket at the new banner today and...Setzer #2. I'll take it.

jaclynhyde
May 28, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
Without any relevant TMs besides Dual Wield, should I be running with Cheezo or Firion for chaining with Friendlandeaus? My best weapons are Genji Blade, Gungnir x3, and Chirijiraden, and my MVP is Olive.

jaclynhyde
May 28, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
Pulled Krile and Exdeath today, I think BE is as pumped for FJF as I am

(And wanna pet that doggo)

jaclynhyde
May 28, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
One ticket, got a Tillith. Is it worth it to put her up over a pretty good Olive, or are all the Maxwells out there enough?

jaclynhyde
May 28, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

Mill Village posted:

My game is crashing during a cutscene. Any way to get around this?

Try it on Memu if you usually play it on a device. I've have a few times it continuously crashed on my iPad and I didn't feel like reinstalling, but it got past the roadblock on Memu.

jaclynhyde
May 28, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

/\/\/\ Mine have been maxed out since the beginning. Yes, I want a medal for my foresight.

I maxed them all just in time for these trials!

Except I forgot Fina, at level 9/40. Whoops.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jaclynhyde
May 28, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
I do love how Rain breezes through his trial with a boss weak to Fire and Earth, while Lasswell's...is resistant to Ice. Poor guy.

• Locked thread