Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Great Beer
Jul 5, 2004

Blitz needs a big bold warning that his flash shield affects teammates too. :argh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Great Beer
Jul 5, 2004

Ularg posted:

First ranked match after placements. My team are all 50 and below, enemy team is all 150 and above. Lost 1-4, now I'm bronze. yay. Now I get a giant fat "You suck" on my name whenever I play casual.

You want this though. The enemy will underestimate you and then scream about hax when you win.

Great Beer
Jul 5, 2004

You don't see many glaz players because glaz is terrible.

Great Beer
Jul 5, 2004

The Duggler posted:

Maybe I just don't understand what important thing you aren't seeing in those screenshots. Everything is visible

Are you trolling? There is nothing visible in those areas.

Great Beer
Jul 5, 2004

Malcolm Excellent posted:

Dude if he could walk around with the LMG as the main he would be devastating.

The lmg being his primary would own.

Great Beer
Jul 5, 2004

C4 resistance for shields. :flashfap:

Great Beer
Jul 5, 2004

my kinda ape posted:

Put him behind a deployable shield (which he can bring himself) or any solid waist high cover like a desk and he's gonna be pretty fuckin' hard to dislodge unless you're Capitao.

That shield is so big you can probably edge around a corner just enough to see it and shoot the corner a bunch while he cant return fire. Then hes back to regular old useless Tachanka.

Great Beer
Jul 5, 2004

Hard posted:

Tachanka is now an invincible spawn killer.

You're welcome.

Speaking of spawn killing, was anything done about the lovely Christmas trees spawn on Kafe?

Great Beer
Jul 5, 2004

Hard posted:

What about it ?

If a defender vaults out the garage stairwell window on to the back porch they have perfect line of sight on the defenders attackers as they spawn and can kill them before theyre able to even move.

Great Beer fucked around with this message at 23:17 on Dec 12, 2016

Great Beer
Jul 5, 2004

Party Plane Jones posted:

Bank's spawns are probably the only ones that people can basically instantly get headshot before they can react; even knowing somebody is going to be popping out of the front door doesn't mean you can meaningfully either get out of the way or ADS before you're dead.

(To a lesser extent you can get murked by people running out of the tower on the tunnel spawn but that guy will never make it back in alive)

Bank also has some really lovely spawns, but Christmas Trees on Kafe is one of the very few you can see them less than one second after the end of the drone phase without the other team moving. Dont get me wrong, its hilarious and I do it every chance I get because Im a bad person but its absolutely bullshit and needs fixing.

Great Beer
Jul 5, 2004

Ran into this situation last night:

As Montagne, I had my shield extended and was peeking a hole in a wooden wall. Castle comes along and throws an impact grenade and hits his side of the wall. I took full impact grenade damage instead of having it reduced by the shield.

It definitely didn't hit behind me since it created a big hole to vault through. Is that a glitch or are impact grenades exempt from the explosion reduction for some reason?

Great Beer
Jul 5, 2004

Hard posted:

by design, a fully absorbed impact grenade should do about 2 dmg to you.

It did around 40.

Great Beer
Jul 5, 2004

Cup Runneth Over posted:

Add the helicopter spawn point from the loving trailers you sack of poo poo

This would be perfect for bank.

Great Beer
Jul 5, 2004

Hard posted:

We do yeah but try this.
https://www.r6db.com/

I wonder how this site is getting data. It doesn't have my brother's name change from when his account got hijacked but it has that racists name changes from around the same time.

Great Beer
Jul 5, 2004

Party Plane Jones posted:

Case in point: Soulres, once again:

http://imgur.com/a/w0KMl

"nigglycub"? Thats a new one.

Great Beer
Jul 5, 2004

Sdoots posted:

Two nights ago I had the weirdest match of this so far. Myself and my pal got in a game on whatever the map is that IQ's situation takes place on (Oregon?).
The round begins, and pretty quickly someone calls out "they have three shields". I figure he means Blitz, Montagne, and Fuze.

He had his count wrong. They had five shields, and they were all recruits.

Shield Team 6 is a time honored tradition and is a ton of fun.

Great Beer
Jul 5, 2004

SHY NUDIST GRRL posted:

Echolocation gernade, wait no that's probably two seasons from now for real

A throwable that scans a room automatically every x seconds for y time could be kinda cool. Like a drone, but faster.

Great Beer
Jul 5, 2004

DoctorStrangelove posted:

The DOOM SLAYER does not kill humans.

When playing as DOOMGUY, all opponents show up as demons with low resolution hitler heads.

Great Beer
Jul 5, 2004

Medlar posted:

Why does everybody insist on wearing face masks. Operating hardcore while obstructing your breathing sucks, no matter what shape youre in

Theyre usually very thin material that don't obstruct breathing to any meaningful degree.

Great Beer
Jul 5, 2004

I think im going to do my ranked placement matches with a controller and see what happens.

Great Beer
Jul 5, 2004

Hard posted:

What if we gave the spinning lariat to sledge when he has his hammer out?

Ults confirmed

Great Beer
Jul 5, 2004

Fayk posted:

Buff me plz

Is Smoke considered good at all? I enjoy playing him too much but other than his ability to annoy shield operators a bit, I feel like a lot of what he does is able to be done more instantaneously by other operators.

Smoke is great and his gadget is amazing at stalling a last second push.

Great Beer
Jul 5, 2004

Aside from the hit reg issues the only thing I'd like changed on blitz is the ability to sprint with the shield in front of him instead of dropping it to the side. It would give him something Montagne and Fuze don't have.

Great Beer
Jul 5, 2004

Wooper posted:

what would really suit his name is some sort of lighting device, maybe a flashbang attached to his shield

Except German for flashbang is Blendgranate (blinding grenade), so the name Blitz would be a bit of wordplay derived from the concept of a blitzkrieg that also refers to the bright flash of lightning.

To say nothing of how English speakers often use the word blitz to refer to a quick strike, such as the play in American football.

Great Beer
Jul 5, 2004

Can be just have the helmet not be part of the hitbox? It's a stupid problem only the Germans have.

Great Beer
Jul 5, 2004

Hard posted:

e: VV in ranked people tend to pick the same 2 objectives over and over again. They'd pick the same one if the game would allow it.

Thats because some of them are horribly bad (favela meth room) or absurdly easy (plane meeting room) so picking anything else is handicapping yourself for no reason.

Great Beer
Jul 5, 2004

AnElegantPeacock posted:

Yep, that's some run of the mill gameplay there. Is this your channel? Are you trying to be the next pewds? You should try being more antisemitic. That's a real hit with the kids right now.

Yeah, doing things for fun is garbage for idiots. Dont ever do things, just complain about people doing things! Thats the only way to be cool!

Great Beer
Jul 5, 2004

Insert name here posted:

Speaking of, what attachments should I run on guns in general?

Also is there a strategy to using Sledge's hammer for maximum effeciency or should I just run around and DYNAMIC ENTRY my way into as many rooms as possible?

Always put a sight on the shotguns. It makes them way more reliable for some reason.

Great Beer
Jul 5, 2004

Laser sights are great for shotguns, but optics also seem to help them. Someone on Reddit claimed the optics cause a pellet to always be dead center when you aim down the sights. Placebo effect maybe, but I'm consistently better when usinga shotgun with a sight compared to the irons.

Great Beer
Jul 5, 2004

Nickname Pending posted:

Haven't had that exact problem, but I do wish the game was better about detecting motive behind TK's. I have been banned for completely accidental kills, whether my fault or someone walking into my path, but others who intentionally kill me at the start aren't kicked instantly. Yes, they should *hopefully* be kicked by the second kill if they do, but I think it should be instant.

A simple Forgive Teamkill? prompt is all we really need. If they're forgiven, nothing happens except the points lost. If they aren't, the existing tk punishment applies.

After that, apply tk penalties to parties so a four man can't skirt the edge of the penalty system

Great Beer
Jul 5, 2004

Admiral Joeslop posted:

I'm gonna need to know their Uplay names.

The reddit hivemind thinks one of them was a guy named Flufvy or Senses, based on this clip (hes not the streamer, thats some guy named Remorce)
https://clips.twitch.tv/KawaiiNaiveHumanOSsloth

Great Beer
Jul 5, 2004

That got real weird real quick.

Great Beer
Jul 5, 2004

IceOrb posted:

Buff Castle by giving him the ability to limbo under the doorway castle panels at full running speed.

TIA.

I wonder if castle would be better if his doors only covered half of the doorway. You could set it low to block drones and force the enemy to vault over them (like people do with deployable shields) or you could set it high and make them crouch their way in if they dont have any way to take down the barricade. It would certainly make them less susceptible to getting Fuzed.

Great Beer
Jul 5, 2004

Nickname Pending posted:

Also also, who do you guys think would be a good contender for the next elite skin. Definitely need a defender to even it out. I would say GSG9 should get one, but (and this is probably me being ignorant), I can't think of a retro style outfit that isn't Nazi related.

Either give them whatever uniforms they wear when not in their "I was called up while wearing my civvies and didn't have time to change" dress or just different t-shirts and hoodies.

Ideally tease that one of the uniforms is a dress or skirt to tease the people obsessed with iq and then give it to Blitz.

Great Beer
Jul 5, 2004

And then sometimes you get the most bullshit shots imaginable. Like the time on skyscraper I decided to do some spray fire into some smoke in case someone was going to try to run through it into the bomb site we were invading. First bullet went through a wall on the other side of the doorway and headshot someone.

Great Beer
Jul 5, 2004

Nickname Pending posted:

I don't think I've ever played a multiplayer game with as many server issues as this one. But as much as I threaten to disown this game, I keep coming back.

This garbage heap is one of the best games of the decade. :(

Great Beer
Jul 5, 2004

bobua posted:

gently caress i've been saying Mon Tain

I'm a fool

It's spelled like champagne, I pronounce it like champagne. :colbert:

Great Beer
Jul 5, 2004

cinci zoo sniper posted:

*opens reddit*

I think I found the problem

Great Beer
Jul 5, 2004

I never not acog because I'm an old gently caress with lovely eyes and need help seeing things far away.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Great Beer
Jul 5, 2004

At what point does Ubisoft just say "gently caress it" and make siege 2 happen?

• Locked thread