Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

lazorexplosion
Mar 19, 2016

taxation without representation
https://thumbs.gfycat.com/DisloyalRipeHippopotamus-mobile.mp4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lazorexplosion
Mar 19, 2016

Galarox posted:

Hello everyone, been lurking some but been too busy with boring rl stuff to post... anyhoo here's some art history for you:

This is titled "The Emperor Triumphant" painted between 2012-2014 by renowned French artist Rien d'Archère, it shows the Emperor Crobler at the peak of his powers. He smiles at the viewer, pointing to the stars with an outflung arm. "Come with me and live the dream!" he seems to say. Sat upon his mighty steed Star Citizen, the world is his oyster.

Compare the above to this painting by controversial Russian artist Derki Smartov. Painted during 2015-2017, this is simply titled "Deathmarch". After his comprehensive defeat on the freezing Steppe of Reality we see the beaten Emperor retreating with his defeated army of minions. Every stroke of the artists brush cries: Oh the Humanity! Where did it all go wrong?

Holy poo poo these are amazing.

lazorexplosion
Mar 19, 2016

I'm the dumb off center axle in the wheels.

lazorexplosion
Mar 19, 2016

I like how the spikes are being driven directly into the ground at the point before the wheel contacts the ground. That's got to be great for when you drive over a rock. I also like how the wheels are designed to use tens of thousands more polys than are actually necessary, you wouldn't want to design anything with performance in mind in your MMO.

lazorexplosion
Mar 19, 2016

'Should we put bullet resistant glass in front of the driver in our combat vehicle?'
'Hell no I want to feel the wind in my hair mud in my face.'

lazorexplosion
Mar 19, 2016

Half of last night's xcom squad was captured after being unable to get a door open. Doors! :argh:

lazorexplosion
Mar 19, 2016

I have the flu and today I managed to go to the toilet, unzip my pants and start peeing all before I noticed the lid was down. Well, that's my piss story.

lazorexplosion
Mar 19, 2016

SelenicMartian posted:

Mirror, mirror, what the gently caress

Amazing

lazorexplosion
Mar 19, 2016

:gary:

lazorexplosion
Mar 19, 2016

Way too much trucking in truck simulator. Waiting is where the good gameplay is at.

Only an hour, I don't know if that's enough waiting.

Boy I hope I can earn my manual handling license some day. My space manual handling license. :smuggo:

Gonna watch the cargo drones clip through my hull and each other an hour of glorious high fidelity loading animations.

lazorexplosion
Mar 19, 2016

XK posted:

I watched WTFo's streams of Hellblade, and he completely missed 85% of the combat mechanics. He got told multiple times about kicks/guardbreaks, and he just said it didn't work. All his fights were awful and boring, and it looked like he was just spamming the light attack button every fight. Then when he had to face enemies with shields, he got totally owned, repeatedly. "Use kick, Saurus.", he is told. "It doesn't work.", he replies.

The combat controls are on the pause screen. He never even bothered to investigate this "kick" thing people kept telling him about.

All other streams of Hellblade combat I've ever watched, it looked fun. His looked like miserable slogs. He just kept mashing the one button.

After failing repeatedly, he said the combat portions were the worst part of the game. He then turned down the combat difficulty to easy, and still just barely beat a guy blocking with a shield.

I'm not sure he ever figured out that there are 2 attack strengths. I know he never figured out the loving button press for kick/guardbreak. And he was miles away from ever touching the combat combo system.

The combat is the worst part of the game though. *barely beats a shield equiped cannon fodder enemy on easy mode*

It's almost like tons of Star Marine ruins you for actual gameplay.

He might just be a giant colossal idiot.

lazorexplosion
Mar 19, 2016

3.0 is so close that they have no idea how long it will take any more. That's so close I can hardly believe it!

lazorexplosion
Mar 19, 2016

Hey, CIG is very honest with their fans. For example, when they switched 3.0 from 'delayed for two weeks' to 'delayed indefinitely'.

lazorexplosion
Mar 19, 2016

Maw posted:

Haha this guy. CIG haven't even been able to pull off working doors yet, why does he think they'd be able to make entire living breathing cities

Well maybe it's a tent city???

lazorexplosion
Mar 19, 2016

Most developers can schedule something a year off and then meet the scheduled date to within a week or so. Chris Roberts can do the opposite.

lazorexplosion
Mar 19, 2016

Hahahah yes.

lazorexplosion
Mar 19, 2016

Well now we know why they stopped giving an eta for 3.0.

lazorexplosion
Mar 19, 2016

Only the dead have seen the end of cafeteria mocap.

lazorexplosion
Mar 19, 2016

Erenthal posted:

Holy gently caress each quest giver must cost millions of dollars in production by now with Chris's promise of each quest being uniquely hand crafted with mocap and voice acting.

3 hours after hypothetical launch players will have done every quest two times over.

Ah but you're forgetting it will take an hour to travel across a single system and then another hour to unload your ship at the other end, so there will be hours of content!

lazorexplosion
Mar 19, 2016

Corn Nuts posted:

This took me way longer than I expected

:five: Goddamn that's good

lazorexplosion
Mar 19, 2016

They stopped the rings from spinning because they were too glitchy but they can't even do that right.

lazorexplosion
Mar 19, 2016

I'm going to cosplay as the other notable character in Chris Robert's Star Citizen, Giant Space Station Wheel Constantly Spinning Out Of Control.

lazorexplosion
Mar 19, 2016

New 3.0 is so 3.0 it's going to make old 3.0 look like 0.3.

lazorexplosion
Mar 19, 2016

lazorexplosion
Mar 19, 2016

lazorexplosion
Mar 19, 2016

:tinfoil: the mods, Derek Smart and Lowtax are conspiring to bait goons into buying Derek endless new avatars just by changing it back each time we buy him a new one. He's been in on it since the beginning. :tinfoil:

lazorexplosion
Mar 19, 2016

ewe2 posted:

Happy Gamescon! Have some new parp!

Features:

* dumb music
* dumb lyrics
* parps
* kazoo and real fake accordion!
* no noses were harmed in the production of this disaster.

lazorexplosion
Mar 19, 2016

Nine month late overdue and they can only get it working for 15 minutes at a time if they dial the servers back to 12 players and stop them from leaving the planet. Fifteen minutes.

You can't possibly predict how bad it will be. It will always be worse.

lazorexplosion
Mar 19, 2016

Ship can hang motionless over the ground nose down like it's on a string. Yep this game has high fidelity. Look at that jacket. Wow! Have you ever seen such fidelity on a jacket before? Amazing, right.

lazorexplosion
Mar 19, 2016

At the last minute Brian was persuaded to change all his answers to "I don't know" from "I choose to invoke the fifth amendment"

lazorexplosion
Mar 19, 2016

Hopefully the tattoo will clip through his arm and then spin off into space so he can be free of it

lazorexplosion
Mar 19, 2016

ManofManyAliases posted:

Calm down, big boy. There is only one build. That build is locked to daymar only on a private server. If they had people playing around and quantum jumping all over the place in the full, unlocked build, no one would see each other in the play-throughs.

You know all about completing something but locking the features, right? :smuggo:

lol

Sounds like they should invent some sort of technology where the game can handle lots of people joining at once, maybe from all over the world. Still, it's early days in the project, way to early to worry about implementing something like that.

lazorexplosion
Mar 19, 2016

ManofManyAliases posted:

Like Amazon Web Services EC2 with auto-scaling?

Well, let me know when they have a working tech demo.

lazorexplosion
Mar 19, 2016

So let me get this straight: they're saying that 3.0 definitely works and is near done and is great and CIG just chose not to have their own paid, featured streamers show it off in depth because instead they thought it would better to have them do hours of meaningless, boring dicking around on an near empty planet that can't go anywhere because every fifteen minutes it unceremoniously black-screens for a server reset.

Nurse! The patients need more sedation please!

lazorexplosion
Mar 19, 2016

I actually thought they'd switch to a different empty moon to glitch around in for the second day. Nope, not even that.

lazorexplosion
Mar 19, 2016

Showering was not a joke!

lazorexplosion
Mar 19, 2016

But umms and ahhhs are the only parts where Chris isn't lying, you can't cut those out.

lazorexplosion
Mar 19, 2016

Bumbler posted:

eat your heart out Mass Effect *drops mic*

https://clips.twitch.tv/BombasticColorfulShrewUnSane

Holy gently caress I'm dying

lazorexplosion
Mar 19, 2016

Face over IP

:laffo:

in a space game where you spend most of your time in a space suit and/or in a seat staring out into space. They decided to work on that.

This is breathtakingly retarded.
Magnificent.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lazorexplosion
Mar 19, 2016

MilesK posted:

I hope by citizencon they can add hand-tracking. How the gently caress am I supposed to communicate properly without flailing my hands around?!

I'm assuming the plan is that the hands will flail randomly at all times regardless.