Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Deadguy2322
Dec 16, 2017

Greatness Awaits

Hav posted:

This too.

Seriously, anyone looking at Battlefield for historical accuracy really overestimates the number of automatic weapons available or the terrible machining of the time that would lead to jams.

Edit: I realize that I didn't mention three-in-a-horse, but come the gently caress on people. Read some Siegfreid Sassoon and see the real face of war is bad poetry.

Those guys are ON the horse. I think three guys IN a horse is an automatic AO rating from the ESRB.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deadguy2322
Dec 16, 2017

Greatness Awaits

Taintrunner posted:

Maybe they should let you pay extra for strict RP servers

I’d say not to give them any ideas, but this is probably already in the works.

Deadguy2322
Dec 16, 2017

Greatness Awaits

Wise Learned Man posted:

Did the graphics get worse, or is the "game" just so old now that it looks outdated?

Yes.

Deadguy2322
Dec 16, 2017

Greatness Awaits

Fleetwood Crack posted:

Hey, be fair. The project is only 6 years old!

But it has only been in full development for 2 years! 3 tops! They had to build dozens of shell companies!

Deadguy2322
Dec 16, 2017

Greatness Awaits

TheAgent posted:

sorry, more time to be drunk and discuss star citizen

Better than discussing Star Citizen while sober.

Deadguy2322
Dec 16, 2017

Greatness Awaits
Don’t know if this is relevant enough to this thread, but Illfonic are embroiled in a new controversy over a crowdfunded game turned into a clusterfuck on multiple levels. They were the devs for the Friday the 13th game that was produced by Adam Sessler, and boy, what a story that has been.

They did deliver the game, but it was a technical mess. Then, they announced that paid DLC was coming before any significant fixes, every patch broke more things than it fixed, and the only dates they ever met were the DLC release dates.

Then there was a lawsuit filed by the uncredited original writer of the first movie. Basically, the guy never got any royalties, and never wanted there to be any sequels. He sued for royalties owed and has been shutting down any and all merchant that he can, as he now owns the Friday the 13th IP. Illfonic had apparently finished a new playable version of Jason from Jason X, and could have released him before the judgement on the lawsuit, which did have any injunctions or restraints on licensing before the verdict. They also missed a promised date for a patch, and now they say they can’t even patch the game due to the results of the lawsuit, even though a mobile Friday the 13th puzzle game’s producers have said they don’t have to stop patching their game under the judgement.

Kind of funny how nobody involved in Star Citizen comes out of anything clean, huh?

Deadguy2322
Dec 16, 2017

Greatness Awaits

Zaphod42 posted:

Also is it just me or does something about his eyes make him look like a serial killer in this photo?

Somebody photoshop his pic into a mugshot

Looks like the picture they put on the news while talking about a workplace shooting.

Deadguy2322
Dec 16, 2017

Greatness Awaits

Exquisite.

Deadguy2322
Dec 16, 2017

Greatness Awaits

Pilz posted:

I'd just like to take a minute and point out that this is, in fact, kind of neato. It's been said that Star Citizen doesn't deserve some of its fans, and I feel like this is one of those cases.

I’d like to point out that the moron only put about a four-inch chain on it, so it will hit him in the face rather than anchor the monocle to his lapel like it should.

Deadguy2322
Dec 16, 2017

Greatness Awaits

doingitwrong posted:

loving Nintendo released two Freemium IAP whale wallet draining mobile games.

Nintendo.

I always laugh when people act shocked that Nintendo are greedy kiddie diddlers. They were the Microsoft of gaming before Microsoft decided to buttfuck gamers dumb enough to buy XBox.

Deadguy2322
Dec 16, 2017

Greatness Awaits

chaosapiant posted:

That's kinda my original point. If you're asking at all where someone got their money, then you don't know. As safe as the assumption may be, it's still an assumption and I just can't imagine anyone caring enough to even follow Chris on twitter and then go "see? he's partying and he's a fraud: here's proof!" I also didn't back SC and have no dog in this race. I'm just tagging along for the juicy drama. I'm just trying to separate the "real" drama like the refund case and the jpeg sales vs the fake/overblown poo poo people just latch onto to be angry about.

First thing he did when the Kickstarter succeeded was to pay himself 2 years’ worth of salary. First thing, with zero real work done.

2 years of CEO pay.

Is a pattern emerging?

Deadguy2322
Dec 16, 2017

Greatness Awaits

chaosapiant posted:

If that's provably true then yea, that is lovely and deserves to be derided. This is why I asked my original question: to see if it was as petty as it seemed on the surface or if there was a proven and traceable misappropriation of funds.

He straight out said he and the rest of the executive team all took 2 years’ pay off the top in one of the early company videos, it’s out there and established as recorded history. Finding that out was what parked me firmly in the “SC is a total scam” camp.

Deadguy2322
Dec 16, 2017

Greatness Awaits

Dynastocles posted:

Once again, they can't make up their minds.

"You don't deserve a refund, because the game doesn't exist yet and is still a work-in-progress!"

also

"You don't deserve a refund, because this is a fully-functioning game and thus you've already got what you paid for!"

Shart Citizen is the world’s first quantum game, like Schroedinger’s cat. It simultaneously is and isn’t finished and amazing and perfect!

Deadguy2322
Dec 16, 2017

Greatness Awaits

Mr. Carlisle posted:

But... but... it's Sandi's favorite number!

Totally unrelated to hitchhikers guide of course

It was her age and Chris’ IQ when crowdfunding started!

Deadguy2322
Dec 16, 2017

Greatness Awaits

The Titanic posted:

I would say "sounds like a challenge" but this is the Star Citizen thread where I stay on my best behavior and remain pure and wholesome and riddled with fidelity. :cheers:

That reminds me of a story about a friend of a friend. She got the Bad Dragon Unicorn as a gag gift, and her wife told her she could keep it on the condition that she take the whole thing. It now sits on their mantle.

Deadguy2322
Dec 16, 2017

Greatness Awaits

monkeytek posted:

My understanding was Lex Luthor created a condom like appliance that was actually a magnetic bottle similar to those used in Tokamak reactors to slow the semen down to non-lethal speeds, or was that my fan fiction story?

Haven’t any of you seen Mallrats? The issue is thoroughly explored in that movie.

Deadguy2322
Dec 16, 2017

Greatness Awaits

G0RF posted:

Ha - I missed that. Not surprising Giuseppe would be embedded somewhere, fighting the good fight.

Alas, the thread took a turn for the worse of late, with the Defense Force team resorting to toxicity and meltdowns rather than engage in actual dialogue. They got Boraxed.

Oh well. At least they tried.

Toxicity? In the sewer that the NeoGAF mods dug when they couldn’t stand behind Malka’s shitbag behaviour safely anymore? Shocking.

Deadguy2322
Dec 16, 2017

Greatness Awaits

Hav posted:

"Trust me, I study this" - throws out ESI.

Almost surprised 'M Class' wasn't mentioned.

Especially on the PS4, and once you start figuring that it's about optimizing gameplay, it comes into it's own. Start maxing out the gems and the screen becomes a bullet-hell spell disco.

I bounced off the PC version hard, but it really suits sofa play.

I always found the people saying “Diablo III won’t work on console!” to be hilarious, as the PlayStation 1 version of Diablo was actually considered the best version by the dev team of the original game, not to mention all the clones like the X-Men Legends/Marvel Ultimate Alliance and Untold Legends series.

Deadguy2322
Dec 16, 2017

Greatness Awaits

DapperDon posted:

Ah, so now you're Captain Forum Freedomfighter. Got it.

Jobbo’s from Quebec, which actually violates the UN Human Rights declaration with its language laws, so don’t look for consistency or logic, just expect whining.

Deadguy2322
Dec 16, 2017

Greatness Awaits

The Titanic posted:

Getting this feeling Derek hates Star Trek. I don't blame him, I don't like it either, but I also don't go hunting the actors down in social media either. :shrug:

He’s retweeting @comicbook.com’s twitter, not hunting anyone down. Is that brigading?

Deadguy2322
Dec 16, 2017

Greatness Awaits

space-X-chicken posted:

your nemesis must be “solid seafoam shame“ i suppose?

That makes less than no sense. Aqua is a colour.

Deadguy2322
Dec 16, 2017

Greatness Awaits

Hav posted:

I am the difference between operating costs and investments.

Quick! Somebody short Vertisce!

Deadguy2322
Dec 16, 2017

Greatness Awaits

Potato Salad posted:

"Writer"

"Producer"

Ben Lesnick, Developer

Never forget...

Deadguy2322
Dec 16, 2017

Greatness Awaits

TheAgent posted:

like I seriously don't get how anyone honestly enjoys anything about SC at the moment

Everyone here is enjoying the gently caress out of mocking it, so there’s one thing!

Deadguy2322
Dec 16, 2017

Greatness Awaits

Ported over from PS2.

Deadguy2322
Dec 16, 2017

Greatness Awaits

peter gabriel posted:

I'd have to agree with them, the game is amazing

People often forget that amazing doesn’t automatically mean good.

Deadguy2322
Dec 16, 2017

Greatness Awaits

Dogeh posted:

I'm going to go back further.
Everyone after Tom Baker was shite.

Especially Sylvester McCoy. He used the same performance for Radagast the Brown.

e: taxxe

Peter Cushing was the only good Doctor Who.

Blow me.

Deadguy2322
Dec 16, 2017

Greatness Awaits

Spiderdrake posted:

Definitely won't. Unless you're somehow operating outside the crowd funding hype bubble with your own unique hype, KStypes need to do 50% in the first 25%. Or scam the system by setting the goal way below actual need and risk having to do a late cancellation on an apparently "successful" project. The funniest loving thing about the kickstarter ecosystem is people want to back already "successful" projects or developers who have multiple KSes and usually a big industrial license behind it. So the only change is who takes the risk! Great poo poo.

Also probably doesn't matter, they sink or swim based on the TJE remake working out. If it doesn't they're probably done either way. Why they'd not wait for that to release, derrpy derrpy doo.
Kingdom of Amalur had some rather nice visuals but the lore was either the most generic, or sometimes they switched it up and it was the most boring instead!

But I mean what a shock, a guy who didn't build the world his hits are from being a crap worldbuilder? AND the forgotten realms are the most uniquely crap of all fantasy I can bother to bring to mind??? It'd be like backing a ... Star Citizen. Right. That's where we are.

Game was kind of a shitshow I'm always surprised people get excited about. Maybe they imagine it'll work in the engine darksiders 3 is in and they plan to easy peasy squeeze out a mmorpg or something?

The actual Kingdom of Amalur was the unreleased MMO, the action RPG was Reckoning. From the announcement, it looks like they got the IP, but it isn’t that clear that they intend to do anything with Reckoning. That artwork was used as promo art before they acquired the studio making what would become Reckoning, and was just a quick, lazy choice for cover art.

Deadguy2322 fucked around with this message at 03:39 on Sep 7, 2018

Deadguy2322
Dec 16, 2017

Greatness Awaits

TheAgent posted:

like seriously, the cross between alt right nazi shitheads, *coiners and star citizens is almost a perfect loving circle at this point

weirdly erris is like a canadian liberal who super believes in chris roberts, so when his eventual fall happens and he starts posting here I'm going to make him eat every savory salad toss of chris roberts filthy butthole

The Liberal Party of Canada is pretty much an extension of the Montreal-based Mafia families, so one of their supporters backing Star Citizen is a good fit!

Deadguy2322 fucked around with this message at 04:08 on Sep 7, 2018

Deadguy2322
Dec 16, 2017

Greatness Awaits

TheAgent posted:

god dammit you edited your post and now no one will understand what the gently caress I was referencing

Sorry to kill your joke.

Deadguy2322
Dec 16, 2017

Greatness Awaits

The Titanic posted:

*Star Citizen is officially released*

"Wh-what are you doing, Morty!?"

"I-I don't know Rick, what just happened?"

"You ju-just released Star Citizen, Morty! You released it!"

"Oh god! Oh geeze! What's that's mean? I didn't mean to!"

"Well, Morty, it means you just killed Chris Roberts."

"Oh god no!"

"And his family too, Morty. Look at these little guys you killed. Look at these IMDb pages, Morty!"

"O-oh god Rick I didn't mean it! I'm just a kid Rick! Are they gonna arrest me?"

"No, no Morty. They w-won't arrest you. They might kill you though. Not right away at least. First this guy in black and a rifle is going to come for you."

*Morty falls to his knees, holding his head*

"Yeah Morty. Ju-just loving wait because I saw what these guys do. Look at these loving YouTube comments, Morty. Look how loving insane these motherfuckers are."

"Oh god, Rick! And that guy, he-he..."

"Yuh.. yuh he did. And they didn't even care. Man, once they get your juicy rear end. Morty... we-we can't let that happen!"

"What am I gonna do Rick! I-I don't even know what a Star Citizen is!"

"We-we're gonna change history, Morty! We're going to another dimension! One where Star Citizen never released accidentally!"

"Rick we already did that once and I buried my dead corpse! That's sick, Rick! This is a bad idea!"

"It's the only way, Morty. It's the only way! Come on! I hear those angry hordes at the- the door already!"

"I don't hear anything, Rick."

"It's cause-because... gently caress it Morty just jump in here! Hurry we got to go! Look at these IMDb pages!"

"Oh oh god Rick I'm going!"

"Th-that's good, Morty. loving.. Star Citizen death squad almost here."

*new dimension with unreleased Star Citizen, scene 2, act 4*

"Well, Morty, th-that was a close a call. A real close call. Looks like we're two weeks from release now."

"Oh my god, Rick. I-I what's going to happen now! W-we can't let it release?"

"There's only one thing we have to do now. We got to find these, loving programmers, and break their wrists."

"What!??!"

"It's the only way, Morty! Grab that hammer! Come on, d-do it! loving pick it up now! We've got some wrists to break!"

"Oh god, Rick this is horrible! I loving hate you!"

"You'll get over it, Morty. Once you're not anally raped by fat neckbearded mongrels. You'll th-th-thank me for this, Morty."

"N-no. I hate you, Rick!"

"Well, if you hate this, what do you think about the teenage mutant ninja turtles, Hello Kitty, Dune, Douglas Adams corpse, and a handful of poo poo from Alien and your loving Halo game? B-because after we break some wrists we've got a f-few other things we have to do too!"

This was beautiful,

Deadguy2322
Dec 16, 2017

Greatness Awaits

iospace posted:

What is OCS again?

Non-meme answers appreciated, thanks.

Only Cash Sales.

Deadguy2322
Dec 16, 2017

Greatness Awaits

Using the word “rampantly” seems really on the nose, as I can seriously conceive of Lethality theorycrafting about the inevitable consequences of colonization with a raging erection on that discord he’s attempting to pimp.

Deadguy2322 fucked around with this message at 18:17 on Sep 17, 2018

Deadguy2322
Dec 16, 2017

Greatness Awaits

Grubby Hobo posted:

Are you trying to compound their misery?

They deserve it for the Dead Rising sequels.

Deadguy2322
Dec 16, 2017

Greatness Awaits

SPERMCUBE.ORG posted:

There are too design documents! You see, Chris found these golden plates...

Dum dum dum dum dum!

Deadguy2322
Dec 16, 2017

Greatness Awaits

Daztek posted:

$3.42 million

$42,042,042.42

My favourite dollar amount since I was a little boy!

Deadguy2322
Dec 16, 2017

Greatness Awaits

Your graphic is handy and all, but you misspelled autism.

Deadguy2322
Dec 16, 2017

Greatness Awaits

Sarsapariller posted:

It'd be a game changer in VR for sure.

The problem is, in VR you're wearing a big fuckin' face mask

I have yet to see a VR solution that covers the lower half of the face, so there’s input to work with. Dead eyes may result, but that’s just more awkward fun!

Deadguy2322
Dec 16, 2017

Greatness Awaits

Colostomy Bag posted:

Somehow Roberts can't release a game yet can release the Kraken.

Dude, that’s old news, they sent Ben away back in June.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deadguy2322
Dec 16, 2017

Greatness Awaits

nawledgelambo posted:

does this mean i lose

You were closer than I was!