Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Neon Noodle
Nov 11, 2016

there's nothing wrong here in montana

Samuel Clemens posted:

Oh please, today's controversies are so low-effort. Remember when protesters used to stand outside of theatres because they found a particular film offensive? Those were the good old days.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neon Noodle
Nov 11, 2016

If his stepmother was Lady Tremaine then he should not be ashamed :getin:

Neon Noodle
Nov 11, 2016

Pick posted:

Bambi II.
Bamb' Outta Hell

I like Return of Jafar but I am under no illusions that it is good.

Neon Noodle
Nov 11, 2016

get in line

Neon Noodle
Nov 11, 2016

Quality

Neon Noodle
Nov 11, 2016

Macaluso posted:

Everyone I know, including my best friend, keeps saying how good the new Beauty and the Beast looks and like I have to believe this is all some big elaborate troll on me as a person at this point. This is why donald trump won I think

:sever:

Neon Noodle
Nov 11, 2016

Hedrigall posted:

Me watching The Sweatbox: :aaa:

Me when Eartha Kitt/Yzma's villain song came on: :aaaaa:

You are correct.

Neon Noodle
Nov 11, 2016

Sinners Sandwich posted:

This was in Amazon Prime's video section and not familer with it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l4dkIMhXdIE

Anyone have any idea if it's good or not? Sister and I tend to find some great gems though services like this, Cat in Paris for instance but can't make heads or tails of this
I have heard very very good things about it. I will have to watch it now, knowing that it's available for streaming.

Neon Noodle
Nov 11, 2016

Disney has a very limited view of what an "appealing" (aka cute, marketable) female character ought to look like. Every now and then they deviate from this standard a little bit, but it's variations on a theme.

Neon Noodle
Nov 11, 2016

Unmature posted:

A lot of white dudes have gotten pretty upset that I dared make fun of mysoginist piece of poo poo John K.
I have a strong dislike for Animaniacs but I am pleased that you made that video. The dude is a creeper, and almost everyone who ever worked with him seems traumatized by the experience. He's also obviously a total genius and I don't have a problem separating the art from the artist. He's like the Phil Spector of cartoons.

Neon Noodle
Nov 11, 2016

IUG posted:

I'm going to guess this one:
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x3ipj1e

However, it was apparently written by John K, even though it was a season 3 episode.
http://renandstimpy.wikia.com/wiki/Stimpy%27s_Cartoon_Show

Nah it's the one with Reverend Jack Cheese.
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x3oyxvr

Neon Noodle
Nov 11, 2016

https://twitter.com/VincentWaller72/status/838072850602835968

Someone is footing the bill for this.… :laugh:

Neon Noodle
Nov 11, 2016

I want to have sex with the Japanese goblin emoji

Neon Noodle
Nov 11, 2016

Sinners Sandwich posted:

Remember when Jasmine was going to get her hand chopped off for stealing food

Oh hello doctor how are you

Neon Noodle
Nov 11, 2016

Barudak posted:

I think youre the first person ive ever heard of who prefered Toy Story 2 as a whole to Toy Story 1.
Nah I also like TS2 more than TS1, and TS3 most of all. They get increasingly macabre and traumatizing until they reach Brave Little Toaster levels at the end of TS3. The horrors of the Toy Story series:

Toy Story 1
- mutilated body-horror toys, esp. the doll head with spider legs
- Combat Carl gets blown up
- the existential horror that is "NOT A FLYING TOY"

Toy Story 2
- the annihilation that awaits broken toys
- the idea of "storage" which is clearly a form of being buried alive while immortal
- being lost/abandoned by your only source of love

Toy Story 3
- being ripped apart by toddlers every day in an unending torture like something out of Greek myth
- the loving cymbal monkey
- the loving bald baby doll
- being lost/abandoned by your only source of love (again)
- toy prison
- garbage incinerator

In conclusion: I Have No Pull String and I Must Scream

Neon Noodle
Nov 11, 2016

gently caress this loving hell world

Neon Noodle
Nov 11, 2016

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

Any Starship Troopers media where the bugs are invading us instead of the other way around is gonna be trash

Any starship troopers media not directed by Paul Verhoeven is trash

Neon Noodle
Nov 11, 2016

Pick posted:

Also, as an answer to that, Enchanted, Horton Hears a Who, Xanadu, 9 to 5, Monty Python and the Holy Grail, Eraserhead, uh freakin' Kill Bill.

e: Mrs. Doubtfire, Osmosis Jones, and the new Ghostbusters as well.

Fuckin hell yes to all this poo poo
Also let's give a shout out to Annie Hall:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FmFrB73pe8c

Neon Noodle
Nov 11, 2016

Barudak posted:

Remember everyone how we all wanted to only pay for the channels we watched? Turns out you have to pay everyone separately for that privilege.
We recently cancelled our Netflix subscription. Instead we have Filmstruck for good movies (which is loving great BTW), and then Amazon Prime (which we have anyway) where we can rent movies/TV a la carte. It is generally cheaper than having more subscriptions full of things we never want to watch.

Neon Noodle
Nov 11, 2016

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pAwR6w2TgxY

Neon Noodle
Nov 11, 2016

I'm sure this was posted earlier but let's look at it again because it's loving incredible:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RM7lw0Ovzq0

Neon Noodle
Nov 11, 2016

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9RHFFeQ2tu4

Neon Noodle
Nov 11, 2016

Is this a good thread to talk about The Congress and the fact that it loving owns?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BPGhw4nACfk

Neon Noodle
Nov 11, 2016

It's weird as gently caress

Neon Noodle
Nov 11, 2016

Sylvester also died

Neon Noodle
Nov 11, 2016

(Extremely dreamworks voice)

THIS summer:

THIS fuzzy duo has some BIG plans

Neon Noodle
Nov 11, 2016

Aces High posted:

did OtGW not go over well when it came out? I ask because a bunch of my friends recommended it to me and I thought it was a pretty cool, though one of my friends had to convince me to keep watching it since I was a little put off by the disconnect between the pilot and the first episode
I got really psyched for it because of the personnel (Nick Cross in particular), but I found the show itself to be underwhelming. I wasn't sure who the audience was supposed to be. It was dark, but not really all THAT dark. It was moderately charming to me, but unmemorable from the standpoint of characters or story. The background paintings were the best thing in the whole series.

Neon Noodle
Nov 11, 2016

If you have Filmstruck (which, protip, you should get NOW), there is a weird af experimental animated film called Asparagus. It's a surrealist short with several different animation techniques and a bunch of dick jokes. No dialogue. Highly recommended.

Neon Noodle
Nov 11, 2016

Oh hello doctor how are you?

Neon Noodle
Nov 11, 2016

starkebn posted:

Oooh, I think there's plenty of animated beavers out there

SSSSSSSSSSSaaaaay! It works SSSSSSSSSSWEEELLLL!

Neon Noodle
Nov 11, 2016

If children’s movies aren’t traumatizing they are no good.

Neon Noodle
Nov 11, 2016

A Wizard of Goatse posted:

have you ever tried giving a dog a little biplane with ergonomics designed around teeth and paws, you don't know they can't fly that.
I dunno this guy seems ok

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-UmfqFjpl0

Neon Noodle
Nov 11, 2016

Mario Party?

Neon Noodle
Nov 11, 2016

You’ve been struck by
You’ve been struck by
a-smooth-a criminal

Neon Noodle
Nov 11, 2016

Beachcomber posted:

Hi!

Here is a 1968 Russian animated short film about film making entitled Film Film Film

It's pretty funny. I read about it in a different thread, but don't remember seeing it here.

Thank you for posting this! молодец! :ussr:

Neon Noodle
Nov 11, 2016

The moral of Ratatouille is that an incompetent and unsanitary man, or a literal gutter rat, can become a celebrated chef more easily than a skilled woman.

Neon Noodle
Nov 11, 2016

pokemon posted:

this is the most enthralling thing i've seen in years

Neon Noodle
Nov 11, 2016

GrandpaPants posted:

The Spider-Man trailer looked like it was stop motion. I don't know how to properly describe it, but it felt like there were missing frames or something.
Putting CG on 2's is the best thing that ever happened. It will SAVE THE MEDIUM I TELL YOU :argh:

Neon Noodle
Nov 11, 2016

K. Waste posted:

The shift in perception was certainly, as far as I'm concerned, formalized by the Disney Renaissance and then solidified by Pixar. By this point, the 'psychedelic' potential of kids movies was rendered pretty much aesthetically irrelevant. Remaining narratively simple, the films nonetheless become more dramatically and aesthetically realist. The transgressive potential of animation becomes replaced by the security of formal consistency. The point of Beauty and the Beast or A Bug's Life becomes the epic scope of fantasy, rather than the fantasy itself suggesting a new state of consciousness, one both seductive and terrifying, suggested by the outlandish possibilities of a plastic medium.
This is one of the things that upsets me a lot about the direction the medium is going. There is excessive literalism in the visual language of animated films. For example, the world of Inside Out is excessively "physical"—the areas of Riley's mind are visualized as locations made of literal, tangible "stuff" as opposed to an impressionist dreamscape in which things have less stable substance. Even though there are ideas that are supposed to suggest "fantasy," the visual presentation of them is safe and boring. The expressive emotional range of visual art is just not being used.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neon Noodle
Nov 11, 2016

Bennicke is a loving god. He’s one of the best straight-ahead animators ever.