Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Time Crisis Actor
Apr 28, 2002

by Hand Knit
PSN: The_Perfect_Dump
Steam: THE GAY AGENDA
Bnet: UpYoursPal#1542

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Time Crisis Actor
Apr 28, 2002

by Hand Knit
Is anyone in the market for a new gonzo monitor? I just picked up a new Acer Predator x34 and I'm looking to sell off my Dell U3415W. It's about a year old and in flawless condition, with the original box and everything. PM me and we can discuss price and shipping and such.

Time Crisis Actor
Apr 28, 2002

by Hand Knit

Nostalgia4Ass posted:

There are only a couple of things that you can really screw up when building a new pc. Just pay attention to how your processor is oriented when you try to put it in the motherboard. There is a notch out of one corner that makes it only fit one way. Do t try to force it to fit any other way or you will bend the pins and ruin it.

Once the processor is in, make sure your heat sink has thermal paste on it before you put it on the processor. Almost all of them should but if not you have to buy paste and put a dime size drop on the processor.

Finally make sure you read your motherboard layout diagram to see where to connect fans (case fans and CPU fans go different places) and you can get your USB ports, leds, and power buttons on your case to work right.

If you can do those three things you can easily build a pc in 2 or 3 hours.

:ssh: processors don't use pins any more

Time Crisis Actor
Apr 28, 2002

by Hand Knit
I have an x55 that's just collecting dust if you wanna buy it.

Time Crisis Actor
Apr 28, 2002

by Hand Knit

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cmv67JGlahU

Time Crisis Actor
Apr 28, 2002

by Hand Knit
It pains me to say this, but I barely use my Oculus Rift so I'm probably going to sell it. It's really too bad. I just got the Touch controllers but they just weren't enough to spark my interest again. The thing really needs a killer app or it's going to be dead within a year.

Time Crisis Actor
Apr 28, 2002

by Hand Knit
I'll totally join someone's crew when E:D does multicrew.

Time Crisis Actor
Apr 28, 2002

by Hand Knit

ElMaligno posted:

Same.

Also I bought "For Honor" because im a dumb baby and I wanna play glorious anime Nippon swordman big burly lovable Viking ladies.

It's pretty good but seems to run out of content about 10 hours in.

Time Crisis Actor
Apr 28, 2002

by Hand Knit
So this is a thing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GPnTa1UJPEI

Time Crisis Actor
Apr 28, 2002

by Hand Knit

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

Folks complain about some of the animations in HZD but I think they did a good job with facial expressions.

Context: some dude just got smashed against a cliff face by a robo T-Rex

Please find the video for this. I need it.

Time Crisis Actor
Apr 28, 2002

by Hand Knit

Godholio posted:

HDI is digging Eve: Valkyrie on psvr. Apparently it's more like an Elite game than PC Eve.

I liked it a lot on Oculus, but it really lacked depth unfortunately. Also the throttle controls were not meant for joysticks.

Time Crisis Actor
Apr 28, 2002

by Hand Knit
I wanna get into the Mass Effect games because you dorks keep talking about them. Do I need to do ME1 before the others or can I jump right into ME2+3?

Time Crisis Actor
Apr 28, 2002

by Hand Knit

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

I think I'm gonna start a The Last Guardian for PS4 SA game chain where we go down a list and each person is responsible for paying and shipping it to the next. It's a pure one and done type of game

I didn't like it tbh and quit 4 hours in and YouTubed the ending. Paid $40 but it's worth like $25 at best now and I'm not going to deal with flakey craiglist people that want to trade me for Jordans

Obv GIPers get top of the list so lmk

Sign me up. I loved Shadow of the Colossus.

Time Crisis Actor
Apr 28, 2002

by Hand Knit

Reverand maynard posted:

roguelikes are good though?

MODS??!?!?

Time Crisis Actor
Apr 28, 2002

by Hand Knit
Quake Champions closed beta started today. I'm downloading right now and will report back later.

Time Crisis Actor
Apr 28, 2002

by Hand Knit

iKon posted:

I solo queue'd competitive Overwatch for a while, stupidly thinking that if I just got to the next tier the players would finally stop being toxic assholes. It's me, I'm the idiot. Spoiler: they're all loving terrible even at the very high tiers.

Which tier are we talking? I found that the guys in diamond are usually pretty chill.

Time Crisis Actor
Apr 28, 2002

by Hand Knit
PS4 remote play is really good.

Time Crisis Actor
Apr 28, 2002

by Hand Knit
Anime Macht Frei

Time Crisis Actor
Apr 28, 2002

by Hand Knit

Third World Reggin posted:

which of you idiots get drunk and like playing alien shooter games with friends for free

http://store.steampowered.com/app/563560

This looks fun

Time Crisis Actor
Apr 28, 2002

by Hand Knit
What's your steam id?

EDIT: Never mind it's in your profile

Time Crisis Actor fucked around with this message at 20:35 on Apr 20, 2017

Time Crisis Actor
Apr 28, 2002

by Hand Knit
DOTA 2 has only one map.

Time Crisis Actor
Apr 28, 2002

by Hand Knit

Naked Bear posted:

A now for something completely different: space boners.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WcERgIlJk6g

I tried this the other day and it seems like it has the potential for a bit of fun. Unfortunately I couldn't queue into any PvP games so I was stuck playing against AI.

Time Crisis Actor
Apr 28, 2002

by Hand Knit
Well I got PUBG and it's pretty cool.

Time Crisis Actor
Apr 28, 2002

by Hand Knit
Remember a few years ago when we became obsessed with MGS:5 for like three months?

Let's remember those times

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rkfCJrljvKA

Time Crisis Actor
Apr 28, 2002

by Hand Knit
I bought a barely-used 1080 right after they came out for like $500 on Craigslist. Now I see that they're going for like $1,000! That's absolutely insane. Crypto is bad on so many levels.

Time Crisis Actor
Apr 28, 2002

by Hand Knit

M_Gargantua posted:

Long ago I lost my X52 flight stick and throttle, and been thinking of replacing it for Elite. I've only played elite for like 30 minutes total though. But Elite VR looks insane.

I have an x55 I don’t use any more, and I’ll sell it to you for $notmuch

Time Crisis Actor
Apr 28, 2002

by Hand Knit

subterfudge posted:

Gameplay reveal for Doom Eternal.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2mnOezNIjQg

Edit:

Here's the 3rd gameplay segment.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h0Bx4G3bOu4

Here's the entire presentation from quakecon.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tJsaFpGUde4

ownsownsownsownsownsownsownsownsownsownsownsownsownsownsownsownsownsownsowns

Time Crisis Actor
Apr 28, 2002

by Hand Knit
Just Cause 4 comes out in just a few weeks. Their marketing campaign in Japan is pretty hilarious

https://youtu.be/EzCil_HPsQ4

Time Crisis Actor
Apr 28, 2002

by Hand Knit

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

Yoooo I just saw that Bulletstorm is free on PS+. I only played it on 360, time for a revisit

Game is rad as hell

Oh poo poo!

Time Crisis Actor
Apr 28, 2002

by Hand Knit

Fallom posted:

I've got a free Everspace key for whomever wants it

Post here and I'll PM it to you

I'll take it

Time Crisis Actor
Apr 28, 2002

by Hand Knit
I like Mr. Game & Watch

Time Crisis Actor
Apr 28, 2002

by Hand Knit
Ooh, I just checked my local craigslist and 1080 Ti cards are selling around that same price point. Even done with water blocks b/c I’m a weirdo who water cooks his graphics card but not his CPU

Time Crisis Actor
Apr 28, 2002

by Hand Knit

mods??!?

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Time Crisis Actor
Apr 28, 2002

by Hand Knit
Watching Evangelion in Iraq made me start playing cello like 6 years after the fact

Time Crisis Actor
Apr 28, 2002

by Hand Knit
I might just get a PS4 pro for Death Stranding.

Please, Kojima-senpai, coat my entire body with your black time goo :gizz:

Time Crisis Actor
Apr 28, 2002

by Hand Knit
From Reddit:

Looks like DOOM eternal is gonna be center stage at e3 in a few days

Time Crisis Actor
Apr 28, 2002

by Hand Knit

:piss: :piss: :piss: :piss:

Time Crisis Actor
Apr 28, 2002

by Hand Knit
Pre-oredered DOOM:Eternal deluxe edition. Can't wait to RIP AND TEAR

Time Crisis Actor
Apr 28, 2002

by Hand Knit

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

@Mustang-

ok heres a list of good single player games for switch to check out that are n4b approved

cadence of hyrule
collecfion of mana
cuphead
dark souls
disgaea 1/4/5
doom 1/2/3/4
enter the gungeon
golf story
mega man x legacy 1 (2 has all poo poo ones dont buy it)
olli olli collection
phoenix wright
salt and sanctuary
Outrun (Sega Ages)
Shovel Knight
Civ 6
Sky Force Reloaded
Stardew Valley
Tiny Metal
Valkyria Chronicles 1
Wargroove
Wolfenstein 1/2
Ys VIII

btw i got all of these for pretty decent prices thanks to the eshop deals. they do a really decent job of swapping around all the third party games and its worth using the wishlist to keep an eye each week for stuff randomly on sale for 50 or 70%

nintendo stuff never goes on sale ever though and I'll be buying the vouchers for links awakening for sure

Holy cow N4B. You play a lotta video games

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Time Crisis Actor
Apr 28, 2002

by Hand Knit

Vasudus posted:

I think that's the problem. Switching to CryEngine is a terrible idea. CryTek is bankrupt or very near it IIRC and the engine was never designed for this kind of poo poo.

disclaimer: I do not follow Star Citizen but absorb random facts about it via thread osmosis

I think they switched to Lumberyard last year