Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
U.T. Raptor
May 11, 2010

Are you a pack of imbeciles!?

Abyssal Squid posted:

There's also the fact that under a functioning political system, Trump winning SHOULD have been impossible. The problem is that the people in gatekeeping this election (GOP leadership primarily, but later on the Electoral College) seem to have assumed that ~The Process~ magically screens out unacceptable candidates and they didn't have to do anything special.

Ugh, there was a post on 538 about that back in the early days of the election, but I'm having trouble finding it.
The problem is that the Republicans don't want a functional political system, and since no one (especially the voters) is ever willing to hold them accountable for their actions they're getting exactly what they want.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

U.T. Raptor
May 11, 2010

RonJeremysBalzac posted:

Channeling the spirit Demon of Jack Chick I see

Which led to someone making this:

U.T. Raptor
May 11, 2010

Apple Pie Hubbub posted:

Ramirez cartoons going back to at least 2001 are on cagle.com, but I'm not sure if it's possible to browse them easily. The second cartoon is from August 2, 2003 and has the relatively intuitive URL http://cdn.cagle.com/working/030802/ramirez.gif.
I love the fact that he's so bad at caricatures that he draws himself as a worm.

U.T. Raptor
May 11, 2010

A Gat Out Of Hell Cartoon.

U.T. Raptor
May 11, 2010

Ramos posted:

Why are all the Brits so much better at drawing these cartoons than Americans?
I'm not sure "better" is the right word here. "More grotesquely detailed", maybe.

U.T. Raptor
May 11, 2010

Doc Hawkins posted:

Yes, it is. For Garrison, anything Hillary Clinton has done will continue to be relevant for as long as the he needs to avoid discussing anything Trump has done.
So he's a C-SPAM poster.

U.T. Raptor
May 11, 2010

Lurdiak posted:

Eh, it'd be nice to see someone actually run on a leftist platform and fail, instead of the usual nobody's-happy compromises that also fail.
iirc this happened in 2016, several times over in fact. Bernouts aggressively ignore this when you point it out, or try to blame Clinton because of course they do (even though some of those losses happened in places she herself did well), to the surprise of absolutely no one.

U.T. Raptor
May 11, 2010

"After all, I managed to land that plane and walk away unharmed after you assholes sabotaged it"

U.T. Raptor
May 11, 2010

Sandpuppy posted:

AGC. Of course, the real headline is "France aiming to stop sales of gasoline/diesel cars by 2040".
:psyduck: Why didn't Payne have them cutting off the front end of the car, which both works better as a guillotine metaphor and is where the engine is?

U.T. Raptor
May 11, 2010

Nobody told Marty Two Bulls about all those animals that just happened to go extinct right after humans reached the Americas, apparently.

U.T. Raptor
May 11, 2010

Roland Jones posted:

The criticisms of it being depressing and jumping around and stuff are common criticisms of GoT, meanwhile.
Who is watching Game of Thrones and surprised that it's depressing? I thought that was, like, its whole thing.

U.T. Raptor
May 11, 2010

Pembroke Fuse posted:

I'm also pretty sure that "pre-scientific" Bronze-age warfare was just as brutal and unforgiving (entire cities like Carthage being wiped out, mass-scale torture and enslavement of civilians and prisoners of war, etc) as anything we've come up with today. The only significant difference is that Bronze-age peoples couldn't choose to end all life on this planet if they wanted to.
Also, biological and chemical warfare have existed for most of recorded history, for that matter.

U.T. Raptor
May 11, 2010

Selachian posted:

Okay, maybe it's a bit fanciful, and of course "The March of Progress" is an outdated and inaccurate way to depict human evolution. But points to Bell for not going "WE AM PLAY GODS!" like, I'm sure, every other cartoonist who draws on this topic will.
A Man After Man Cartoon.

U.T. Raptor
May 11, 2010

gowb posted:

My bad, didn't realize I was posting in the dimension where HRC blamed herself alone for the loss and quietly left the public eye to do some serious introspection, must've left too many tabs open
Back to C-SPAM with you.

U.T. Raptor
May 11, 2010

OldMemes posted:

I think as the cartoons in this thread show, you can lay out all the fact about Clinton - what she's achieved, her high points, her blunders, what she's done well, where she's screwed up, her character, her temperment, whatever.

And people will still prefer the version of Hillary they cooked up in their head. Most of the time it's not "more right than Obama less charamastic, but still did a fair bit for social issues and seems like a good politican" but IS A SUPER CRIMINAL WHO HAS COMMITTED ALL THE CRIMES EVER AND COVERED THEM UP AND PLOTS TO BLOCK OUT THE SUN PROBABLY.

She's not the most exciting canidate ever, but she was a solid Democrat canidate. I'm probably not gonna read "What Happened", at least not in the short term, but I have read some articles on it, and it seems she got blindsided, had too much personal baggage, and couldn't adapt to a hostile enviroment fast enough.

(Plus Russia).
Decades of Republican character assassination (to the point where their propaganda is just accepted as fact and even people who hate the Republicans themselves still believe it) are a hell of a drug.

U.T. Raptor
May 11, 2010

there wolf posted:

And that "people are stupid and will believe anything" is on the list of reasons I'm glad Game of Thrones changed the entire genre. Edge for the edgelord grimdark poo poo is annoying, but a million authors trying to be Terry Pratchett and coming out Peirs Anthony is not missed.
I feel like that's a lateral move at best...

U.T. Raptor
May 11, 2010

So what's the deal with the UK, is the government just sort of spinning its wheels and hoping everyone forgets Brexit was a thing (because they're well aware it's a terrible idea), or are they just too busy backstabbing each other to actually do it? Because their politoons seem to have been basically the same for months and it's kind of surreal.

U.T. Raptor
May 11, 2010

D.N. Nation posted:

Is there anyone who finds this even remotely amusing?
newspapercomics.txt

U.T. Raptor
May 11, 2010

Technowolf posted:

Title: "America is run by a budgie"
Hey, that's unfair... the bird would be a much more competent and likeable president :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

U.T. Raptor
May 11, 2010

Zivilyn Bane posted:

Or do they just not care as Republicans and rich fucks win and make the GLOBALIST DEMONRAT LIBTARDS mad?
Got it in one.

I mean, I'm sure there's plenty of idiots who believe this is actually going to benefit them (because that's what their propaganda source of choice told them), but it's basically that.

U.T. Raptor fucked around with this message at 03:47 on Dec 22, 2017

• Locked thread