Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

Oh yeah, baby. Frame your suffering as a masterpiece. Only one problem - no one's watching. It's boring, buddy, boring as death.
Uncharted 4 is overrated

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

Oh yeah, baby. Frame your suffering as a masterpiece. Only one problem - no one's watching. It's boring, buddy, boring as death.
I feel like Nioh might give Bloodborne a shake for game of the generation. If not it'll be better than Dark Souls 3.

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

Tried playing Rocket League after several months away and uhhhhh, the servers are real bad now.
https://youtu.be/1VBn7WuEmqE

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

Notch up another sotc remake fan. Never played it before and now see what people were saying about how influential it is. The replayability additions are interesting too.

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

exquisite tea posted:

I wish SotC was more influential tbqh.

Same.
http://www.zam.com/article/1677/for-all-its-influence-shadow-of-the-colossus-best-design-practices-have-gone-ignored

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

exquisite tea posted:

While it's undeniable that SotC's influence is far-reaching across developers I think certain elements are emulated more often than others, and these tend to be the aesthetics, continuity of the world, and scale of combat. Less emphasized is the simplicity of design, immersive gameplay, and purely environmental storytelling. What most resonates with me about SotC is the singular experience it provides, its rejection of video gameyness by telling you almost nothing about how to play or interpret it, and how in the absence of these markers the player forms their own unique connection to the story. There are very few high-profile releases of note where you just... play the game and that's it. No mini-games, no skill trees or inventories, no gacha or lootboxes, no cluttered UIs, just nothing getting in the way of you and the game itself. When I said "I wish SotC was more influential" what I really meant was "I wish there were more games that rejected gameyness and just did their thing."

I really feel like Journey and Abzu crib the most from SotC in its simplicity and environmental storytelling while eschewing the gameyness also.

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

veni veni veni posted:

You are wrong my man. Those do have sigils. The blue ones that look like cracks (edit: not to mention the bloody clouds) that are different from the main damaging ones. His hands do not. I don't see how that is comparable at all.

Nope, there are plenty of minor sigils in the game as per:
http://teamico.wikia.com/wiki/Magic_Sigil

On no16 I managed to jump and looked up the arrow move and facepalmed. It's finicky for sure but it is no way breaking any established rules or introducing new ones. Just :gitgud:

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

veni veni veni posted:

That is exactly what I said :confused: Well, the first part. The second is objectively not true in this case.

Sorry, thought there was confusion about the cracks cause I only stabbed those and made it to the main glyph no worries.

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

Re: the estus v vial discussion. Nioh's system is a favourite. You have a base level number of health pots you'll spawn with and a Max that you can carry. Eg spawn with 4 but can hold 8. Skills can increase both of these numbers with overflow pick ups going into storage. So many good systems in Nioh.

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

Holy SHIIIIT thanks, huge discount!

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

Oh my god. dat bullet hell one :rock:

Holy loving forumsdookie

Yes bottom one pls, it's great!

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

enojy posted:

Man, TLOU2 is sitting at a 96 on Metacritic. I was under the impression that it was getting heavily trashed. Too bad my TV died last week! At least now it won't be such a huge roll of the dice if I buy a new TV just to play this game. (I mean, I'll use the TV for other things surely, but ya know)

The problem with this is that it relies solely on scored reviews. There is plenty of critical reviews that don't boil down the review to a number and so by using Metacritic you are getting a very sanitised opinion of the game.

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

Australian price for Demon Souls
$125

ONE HUNDRED AND TWENTY FIVE

LMAYO

https://www.ebgames.com.au/product/ps5/267706-demons-souls

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

Australia sold out of launch PS4s

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

MechaSeinfeld posted:

In Aus, looks like preordering at EB Games no longer guarantees a console until 2021. My preorder doesnt gaurantee me a console at launch so oop. we'll see how that goes.

Yeah EB had launch preorders from 8am, by 9 they had sold out (some 75k units) and shortly after JB also sold out. The hype is real.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

Blind Rasputin posted:

One question I have is, and I’m sorry I’m sure this was answered in the 1500 posts since this morning but, which version of a game do I buy now? When cyberpunk or watch dogs legion comes out do I buy the ps5 version or PS4 version?

https://www.pushsquare.com/news/2020/06/cyberpunk_2077_will_look_better_on_ps5_at_launch_will_get_a_free_next-gen_update_in_2021