Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Less Fat Luke
May 23, 2003

Exciting Lemon

Quantum of Phallus posted:

I played 2 to death but 3 ran so so badly on PS3 that I couldn't hack it, it was giving me headaches, no joke.
The FOV seemed so weird in 3 that it was the first game to make me motion sick; I had to give up after a few hours but then when I watched the ending on YouTube I regretted nothing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Less Fat Luke
May 23, 2003

Exciting Lemon

Macarius Wrench posted:

I'm not having as great a time with nier as id hoped for, the combat feels a bit too simplistic but there is a style and a self awareness to it that few games match
Yeah I'm with you on that; it does a whole bunch of things that aren't typical for an action RPG but doesn't feel like it does any of them very well. And the writing/story really hasn't done much for me (I'm only 10 hours in and haven't given up but it's feeling like a chore).

Also quests not telling you at least the level of the mobs is super loving annoying.

Less Fat Luke
May 23, 2003

Exciting Lemon
What's the goon favorite 4K TV again? KS something?

Less Fat Luke
May 23, 2003

Exciting Lemon

Morby posted:

Samsung KS8000

Thanks!

Less Fat Luke
May 23, 2003

Exciting Lemon
You know how in super predictable lovely sitcoms or romantic comedy movies everything is predicated on some dumb misunderstanding that one minute of talking would clear up? That's the entire premise of the fight between them for like 2.5 hours in the extended cut. It's also the most grimdark directorial style you'll ever see, sucking every single iota of fun you may have memories of regarding superheroes. Good effects though I guess.

Less Fat Luke
May 23, 2003

Exciting Lemon

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

It seems like it didn't net the expected criticisms. Seems like Affleck did good? Alfred actor seemed like a good choice? Their luthor approach was definitely unorthodox but it seems he did decent considering what he was given for the script etc? Wonder Woman...
Honestly just watch the director's cut. I thought it was terrible but found it worth watching to the end, like a car accident in slow motion.

Less Fat Luke
May 23, 2003

Exciting Lemon

veni veni veni posted:

I read the majority of this thinking you were taking about Nioh chat earlier and it mostly worked.
Haha amazing. Haven't gotten around to Nioh yet but I loved the souls games a lot and keep bouncing off anything recommended to me as souls-like :)

Less Fat Luke
May 23, 2003

Exciting Lemon
The expanded description of the video says it's a new entry in the Bridge Constructor series with Portal mechanics thrown in so nothing too crazy.

Less Fat Luke
May 23, 2003

Exciting Lemon

Samurai Sanders posted:

From videos it looks too janky to be fun for very long.

You're right that it's a big problem here but Japan's attempts to prevent upskirt photos and subway groping etc have always been, and may always be, half-assed. The country is almost entirely run by old men who secretly cheer that stuff on, if not do it themselves. There's no sign that it will turn into that stuff being censored in video games.
Do they still have women-only train cars so women can choose to not get groped? :(

Also Outer W*lds looks great

Less Fat Luke
May 23, 2003

Exciting Lemon
This is a weird thing on the PS4 but I've played through about half of the new Modern Warfare campaign and don't actually have any trophies unlocking. It's happened in another game once before (A Way Out) where I actually completed the whole game and no trophies popped up. Anyone else see this kind of behaviour?

Less Fat Luke
May 23, 2003

Exciting Lemon
Oh my god I hate the dynamic difficulty in Control; I just want to play comfortably and enjoy the story and setting instead of getting face-hosed everytime a boss appears.

Less Fat Luke
May 23, 2003

Exciting Lemon
gently caress I am so frustrated with Control, I just want to finish it but the siphon bullshit at the end is so hard compared to things up to that point and anytime you die you're set *so far back*.

As much as I really enjoyed parts of this game I don't think I could ever recommend it, I can't tell if the dynamic difficulty is what's causing so much disparity in the different parts of the game but I found Bloodborne and the Souls games waaaaay less infuriating.

Less Fat Luke fucked around with this message at 04:21 on Nov 23, 2019

Less Fat Luke
May 23, 2003

Exciting Lemon

me your dad posted:

What games offer a solid, well-crafted narrative experience like God of War and Uncharted? I've played Last of Us.

Horizon Zero Dawn is also good in addition to those suggested.

Less Fat Luke
May 23, 2003

Exciting Lemon

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Apropos of recent pages, reminding everyone of the best video game music track of 2019
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jVAgd9dbYIs

gently caress yes it is

Less Fat Luke
May 23, 2003

Exciting Lemon
That's a pretty sad defense when you're basically saying like 3% of the game is brilliant and the rest has some good parts.

Less Fat Luke
May 23, 2003

Exciting Lemon

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Yeah I know, the game loving sucks

Haha I meant to post that in reply to Tei.

Less Fat Luke
May 23, 2003

Exciting Lemon

Samurai Sanders posted:

Since it's been a million years since I played the original, I did wonder if there was something like that in the original that was like that that I missed. Can you say exactly what?

Yeah just tell us in a spoiler

Less Fat Luke
May 23, 2003

Exciting Lemon
gently caress yeah you should

Less Fat Luke
May 23, 2003

Exciting Lemon

The Question IRL posted:

Question, I got Assasins Creed Origins for the PS4 two Cheistmases ago. I never played it and with the Lockdown I will finally have time to get into it.

The individual pieces of DLC (but cruely not the Season Pass) is available for 60-75 % off this month.

Is it worth getting?

Also Assasins Creed Odyssey is also super cheap this month (and the version with all the DLC is in one cheap pack.) I heard that was great too.

Is it worth getting?
As with all AC games the DLC and Odyssey after Origins are more of the same; just play Origins and then buy the DLC and next game after during the next sale if you still have an appetite for it, but if you pre-buy all the poo poo you'll almost certainly have Ubi-syndrome where everything just blends together and becomes boring as all hell.

Less Fat Luke
May 23, 2003

Exciting Lemon

dog nougat posted:

How's Mutant Year Zero? Got a hankering for a turn based strategy game ala X-Com.

In the words of Immorten Joe, mediocre.

Less Fat Luke
May 23, 2003

Exciting Lemon

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

See Assassin's Creed Odyssey for $25. Never really played one more than 20 minutes. I know the general premise. I do like action RPGs and history. Decent game overall then?
Yep probably best in the series - I found the gameplay a little better in Origins, but the world in Odyssey is more engrossing. Just fair and usual Ubisoft warning, ignore repetitive stuff if you find it boring!

Less Fat Luke
May 23, 2003

Exciting Lemon

For a game trying to have HUDless navigation that sure is a lot of text smack in the middle of the screen.

Less Fat Luke
May 23, 2003

Exciting Lemon
I found that part in the Witcher 3 very emotional where Geralt figures out if the genie made him love Yennifer or if it was natural was, especially since I picked the genie choice. There were other parts in that game that were pretty touching as well but that one really stood out.

Less Fat Luke
May 23, 2003

Exciting Lemon

Necrothatcher posted:

I felt really bad for Arthur Morgan in RDR2. Especially that scene with the nun.

Oh yeah goddamn, on that note the ending where John and his wife are on the hill and you know what's gonna happen to her in RDR1 - fuuuuuck.

Less Fat Luke
May 23, 2003

Exciting Lemon

Orange Crush Rush posted:

It also has this, which might actually be the most appropriate song for the game ever
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7kecW5p0b5I

holy poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Less Fat Luke
May 23, 2003

Exciting Lemon

Timotheous Venture posted:

Complaining to the internet in hopes that it results in another Bloodborne victory: OoK is having his way with my feeble body. He is wrecking me with his big, meaty placenta.. No one is answering my bell :cry:

This subreddit makes finding summons super easy - https://www.reddit.com/r/huntersbell/