Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ryoga
Sep 10, 2003
Eternally Lost

veni veni veni posted:

It was *snip*.
God dammit, tag your spoilers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ryoga
Sep 10, 2003
Eternally Lost
I unironically enjoyed enter the matrix for a few reasons. The one legitimately great thing about the game was the hacking minigame you could do to access hidden features. The other thing that was flawed but I personally enjoyed was the hand to hand combat system once you understood how combos and counters worked. All the vehicle sections can go straight to hell though.

edit: I however did play on the xbox which may have been less borked than the other platforms though I have no evidence of this.

Ryoga
Sep 10, 2003
Eternally Lost
There was a lot about final fantasy 9 that I didn't like but having a speed up option would go a long way to making it playable. Still not a fan of the characters, battle system, or setting.

Ryoga
Sep 10, 2003
Eternally Lost
I honestly thought that High chaos in dishonored was too difficult to get to as I was getting to my objective killing the guards in my path but still not having enough kills to move into high chaos. I had to actively stop and backtrack through the levels and look for more people to kill to reach that point.

Ryoga
Sep 10, 2003
Eternally Lost
my favorite hosed up axis inversion was from silent hill homecoming. It had only an option to invert both x and y at the same time and it only inverted the normal camera controls and went back to uninverted when drawing your weapon. When I sent an email to their support all I got was a reply of "Not a bug, working as designed".

Ryoga
Sep 10, 2003
Eternally Lost
Ever since the update I have been having an issue where the PSN just kinda stalls out.It will be fine when I first turn on the system, but after about 10 minutes it will no longer update game info on the dashboard, I cannot message friends, and the store will just sit on a loading screen for about 5 minutes until is brings up a message that PSN is currently undergoing maintenance. If i'm in a party or playing a game they continue functioning as normal despite not being able to load other things. A quick google search has revealed that this has been happening to people since launch with no explanation and sony's forums closing all threads about it with the solution being to run a connection test to restore functionality temporarily. Has anyone here had this problem and found a permanent solution for it?

Ryoga
Sep 10, 2003
Eternally Lost
Don't battle with the butthurt babies.

Ryoga
Sep 10, 2003
Eternally Lost
Whole lotta casuals itt

Ryoga
Sep 10, 2003
Eternally Lost
Persona 5 honestly surprised me with the romance options they gave you which includes several older women that aside from the age gap, could have some serious career ending consequences.

Ryoga
Sep 10, 2003
Eternally Lost
Monetizing help to save time in a game has been a thing since forever and i'm not sure why anyone is making such a big deal about it now. The form has changed over time but it's purpose is the same At first you had the ability to insert more money into an arcade machine to try again, then you could call a 900 number to get help from a hint line, then you had strategy guides, then they made 'game enhancers' like game genie and action replay. DLC was honstly just the next step in this method. The idea that that blows my mind is people actually pay money to maybe or maybe not get the requested help in their game.

Also lol at anyone who thinks of battlefront as a "competitive" game.

Ryoga
Sep 10, 2003
Eternally Lost
NFS: Carbon was perfection. The team system let you feel like you part of something bigger, customizing your own aftermarket parts gave you the ability to make a car that was really your own, dueling the other team leaders was pretty fun, the world design was full of fun corners and shortcuts, and who can forget those deliciously cheesy live acted cutscenes. I want nothing more than another one just like that but with more teams to go against.

Ryoga
Sep 10, 2003
Eternally Lost

exquisite tea posted:

I don't think MHW is releasing up against any other big marquee titles at the start of 2018 so it'll probably do well.

MHW is releasing on the same day as the new Dragonball fighing game. I'm pretty sure that is going to take some wind out of it's sails.

Ryoga
Sep 10, 2003
Eternally Lost
More people should play the gameboy color metal gear Ghost Babel. The story isn't cannon but it is revealed once you 100% the game that it was all a training simulation for someone named Jack, and this was all before the release of MGS2.

Ryoga
Sep 10, 2003
Eternally Lost
I just want another persona like P2: Eternal Punishment where your party is made up of adults.

Ryoga
Sep 10, 2003
Eternally Lost

Fame Douglas posted:

To disable ads on the home screen, go to Settings - System - Automatic Downloads - Uncheck Featured Content

I've had this turned off since launch and I still get these random games showing up on my dashboard every other month.

Ryoga
Sep 10, 2003
Eternally Lost

Bombadilillo posted:

Just name the next one ps5 and shout about how 'backwards capatable' it is and let people make games that work on 4/5 Or whatever.

I was spending some Christmas gift cards at the store yesterday and I overheard no less than 3 people say they thought that the ps4 pro was just a controller add on for the ps4 to an exasperated employee. You may be on to something here.

Ryoga
Sep 10, 2003
Eternally Lost
Die hard arcade is still the best ps2 downloadable game on ps3.

Ryoga
Sep 10, 2003
Eternally Lost

Akuma posted:

I'm sorry what?

WHAT?

https://store.playstation.com/ja-jp/product/JP0177-NPJD00009_00-0000000000000000

Ryoga
Sep 10, 2003
Eternally Lost

Bust Rodd posted:

Steam is proof positive of what they are saying though.

Steam is... bad?

Ryoga
Sep 10, 2003
Eternally Lost

singateco posted:

https://youtu.be/K2OAb9Yor4s

DJMAX Respect is launching globally and I highly recommend checking it out if you have any interest in rhythm games.

It is a Beatmania-style game that works suprisingly well for DS4 controller. Visuals are dope. A lot of tracks with different music styles. Also it says "Press X to Pay Respect" on start menu.

Buy that poo poo, unless you are allergic to Anime or something.

I picked this up last year and can confirm that it's really good. It's tempting to buy a second domestic version to support them but I don't know if i'm willing to grind out the free mode combo unlocks again. Also buy the DLC, especially the Guilty Gear songs.

Ryoga
Sep 10, 2003
Eternally Lost
It finally happened, a month of PS+ where I already own every game. Somehow I really don't care though.

Ryoga
Sep 10, 2003
Eternally Lost

Real hurthling! posted:

Its to make sure no xbox button prompts show up

Funny you say this as I have had this happen to me on two separate Blaz Blue games on ps4.

Ryoga
Sep 10, 2003
Eternally Lost

Ceramics posted:

Please buy DJMAX it’s fuckin’ dope.

My only gripe about it is that sweet acoustic version of Glory Days from the perfect ending is not a playable song.

Ryoga
Sep 10, 2003
Eternally Lost
The greatest silent hill moment was getting sent to the dark world when searching the small jewelry store. When you find the store is still only two rooms big and hasn't turned into a demonic labyrinth fear slowly grips you as you realize that you have to go... outside!

Ryoga
Sep 10, 2003
Eternally Lost

RareAcumen posted:

Same. Lemme know when there's a lady version and you can fastball special your daughter at a minotaur and have her cut its head off.

You are looking for Dragon's Dogma my friend.

Ryoga
Sep 10, 2003
Eternally Lost

DrNutt posted:

Does anyone know if there are any true missables in Yakuza 0, or is it one of those games where if you want to 100% it you can just keep working on it bit by bit? I hate when games make you start over and do everything in one go (because you end up having to grind stuff or use a guide).

I'm pretty sure that as of yakuza 4, nothing is permanently missable. 4 had one quest chain that became uncompleteable after a certain point in the story but opened up again in the post game/premium adventure.

Ryoga
Sep 10, 2003
Eternally Lost

Samurai Sanders posted:

Pretty sure Respect is every previous DJMax game combined, though some are DLC.

Respect is it's own set of new songs, but it also comes with portable 1 & 2 as well. So far the dlc packs are Clazziquai(psp), Trilogy(pc), Technica(vita), and Guilty Gear(new).

Ryoga
Sep 10, 2003
Eternally Lost

Sakurazuka posted:

Dead Souls isn't even that bad if you could get used to the godawful backwards controls

Unfortunately....

Dead souls also had the best Majima karaoke sequence.

Ryoga
Sep 10, 2003
Eternally Lost

codenameFANGIO posted:

Return To Arkham City, actually. When I started redoing the series I told myself I would begin a fresh playthrough of Knight after City and finally get everything but it is looking increasingly like I will continue my old save because GOD drat.

I won’t feel right unless I earn it.

:negative:

Imagine my surprise when replaying the whole arkham series and realizing that Knight had significantly less riddler stuff than City.

Ryoga
Sep 10, 2003
Eternally Lost

Coughing Hobo posted:

You're one of my comrades; I'm so loving pumped to play through ZOE2 again in glorious 1080p/actual 60fps.

And forever bummed that ZOE3 will never exist.

:smith:

Resolution be damned, I get to sit in the Cockpit of my favorite robot ever in VR.

Ryoga
Sep 10, 2003
Eternally Lost
Welp, after two reinstalls Spider-Man still keeps blue screening on startup. We are off to a great start here.
Edit: success! the complain on the internet troubleshooting technique worked as planned.

Ryoga fucked around with this message at 07:09 on Sep 7, 2018

Ryoga
Sep 10, 2003
Eternally Lost

I am honestly shocked that anyone even used that mode in the first place. I love me my titty ninja beatem up games but that intimacy mode always seemed like the biggest waste of resources ever.

Ryoga
Sep 10, 2003
Eternally Lost
Dodged a bullet on onimusha, was about to buy it and realized it has none of the genma content. That's a no buy.

Ryoga
Sep 10, 2003
Eternally Lost
I know that 6 gets poo poo on a lot, but it is one of my favorite beat em ups ever at this point. It also gets extra credit for fully embracing the lore of Leon's ability to make any vehicle he touches die horribly.

Ryoga
Sep 10, 2003
Eternally Lost

Vikar Jerome posted:

i just wanted to let you know, you're right. re6 is good and fun.

It's a shame we may never get another 3rd person shooter/beatem up with the same level of control again. It was so much fun to constantly switch between gun and melee combat on the fly mixed in with all the unique playstyles each character brought to the game.

Pretend I posted the tyrant suplex.gif here.

Ryoga
Sep 10, 2003
Eternally Lost
The biggest hurdle 6 has is that it's got the most complex controls and mechanics in the entire series with absolutely no tutorial that teaches you any of it. Most people will play through the entire game without knowing universal mechanics like how to power slide enemies into grenades or resting to recover stamina faster, let alone character specific abilities like Leon's ability to dual wield or Sherry's stun rod being able to instakill cocoons.

Ryoga
Sep 10, 2003
Eternally Lost

Real hurthling! posted:

Kojima said the game would be out this year because his personal deadline is the date of the events in the film akira

Come on men, we are going to the Olympics!

Ryoga
Sep 10, 2003
Eternally Lost
I will most likely play the power armor rpg and pretend that my 4 person team are the Knight Sabers.

Ryoga
Sep 10, 2003
Eternally Lost
So a source of mine just let me know that Sony is no longer going to be giving download codes for full games to third party resellers like gamestop and Amazon starting next month. I hope this means that they are instituting some kind of gifting system in place of this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ryoga
Sep 10, 2003
Eternally Lost

Midjack posted:

Say hi to your uncle for me.

For what it's worth, I did call up my local gamestop and they did confirm it was a thing but it would not impact digital preorders for mortal kombat or days gone.