Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

Americans are fat and created vanity sizing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

Yeah I'm not cooking anything in an aliexpress pan

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

I'd add the recommendation to buy effort-intensive custom art things like custom oil portraits or bobbleheads for a tenth the price of local.

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

Snowy posted:

Have you seen any especially good ones on aliexpress? Years back I saw a Chinese site that would reproduce propaganda posters but paint you into the scene. Since then I've been wanting one. I could probably just paint it myself but :effort: and I'd rather have someone trained in China do it.

I got my sister a pretty drat nice degas oil repro (not super on the finer details/brush strokes) for $80. I can look up the store, but I just went with the first and cheapest one with good ratings. Shipping was a little on the long side

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

I'm a goon, I'm always ready

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

DOA posted:

i wanna buy some cheap usb sticks and other stuff that charges though usb, whats the chance my computer gets a chinese supervirus that steals all my stuff or that my computer catches fire?

good enough to negate the couple dollars you save. don't plug an aliexpress anything into your electronics

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

Why is that dude on the left so blurry?

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

Original_Z posted:

This one is impressive for how low-effort it is:

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Sum...d8-3efea670d333

It's a Stugazi knockoff

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

Samuel L. ACKSYN posted:

i cut my finger pretty bad with one of those utility knives (they are sharp as hell)

cant wait to see what kind of infections you get from an aliexpress knife

Heavy metals are usu p potent antibiotics tbh

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

A Wizard of Goatse posted:

wattage is measuring consumed electricity, not light output, and LEDs produce somewhere in the ballpark of 10x the light for each watt relative to incandescents. there's 120w "equivalent" bulbs appropriate to replace the Home Depot floodlight in your closet and actually 120W replacements for the massive Cheech and Chong high pressure sodium rig with the heat signature that can be seen from orbit

Yeah, so you go from 2.2kW to 220W; it's still hundreds of watts of power consumption from the grid.

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

Tiny Lowtax posted:

So how bad of an idea is it to purchase a battery for my laptop on AliExpress?

if you cut corners on lithium battery production, impurities can cause a short and a runaway lithium fire that burns super hot and fast and also you can't put it out with water. Not a super idea

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

Guy Mann posted:

wouldn't that just be an existing gang tag that costs a tenth the normal price

And jpg artifacts

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

Yeah idk why you'd have to ask a mod, probably start the thread a little after things sprout (or start after they grow significantly and fake the timeline) so people stay interested

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

If you have to ask, err on the side of caution my dude

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

Hug in a Can posted:

I see the beauty in the brown beads. :)

yeah man you gotta get gay everything
like this: "gay pride necklace same sex lgbt jewelry gay lesbian pride with rainbow love wins gift same sex marriage equal marriage"

gimme that space gay (even though we all know uranus and neptune are the gayest planets)

fully automated luxury space gay communism

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

I got a plastic badge that says (in Chinese)

Am I an idiot?
[NO] [^YES]

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

SeXReX posted:

my package came, i was completely missing the pringles game and the copy of the secret of mana 2 translation hack has no battery for saving in it,

im just going to refund pringles for now and use my gamesaver to keep my save file until i get a battery to put in there

Yeah the cart battery thing is due to increased shipping costs with anything that has a battery in it and a lot of sellers cut costs by not including them

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

Blue Train posted:

All the poo poo you buy already comes from China hth

yeah but real companies have to put their brands and reputations behind their imports. it's not a big deal if Lucky China Product #1 Seller 5 Stars goes under

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

Sharpest Crayon posted:

Cheers for linking this, because it lead me to see these:
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/BRA...fdfd2a5b1&tpp=1
and I think my life is better for having seen them.

U need to get out more, friendo

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

Junji Eat More posted:

I ordered a wristwatch after reading this thread.

Pros: Looks pretty cool, fits comfortably

Cons: Loses about an hour and a half a day.

Lol, post that in the watch thread and get front row seats to goons who buy Submariners instead of houses have a collective aneurysm

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

sandball posted:

Which knockoffs do you buy? I could use me a new pair of sunglasses for my gooneyes.

Yes I would like to know this too; the good knockoff shops have a tendency to close/rebrand fairly often

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

lol please also post from the burn ward when your $2 gas stove explodes in your face

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

Guy Mann posted:

So apparently AliExpress has some bootlegged board games that cost roughly half as much as the legit ones.

Gonna just drop that without a link?

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

McSpergin posted:

I have one of those 500 sticker and a 100 sticker packs on standby for payday so that I can stickerbomb my new computer case and maybe my kegerator

I found a better use for your $7:

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

cyberia posted:

These are meant to be worn at raves so you can watch laser light shows and they look all crazy. There's similar ones called 'fireworks glasses' which are meant for watching fireworks and make everything fractal and awesome.

I bought these sunglasses off AliExpress recently:

I love them but I'm worried they're not really UV protective and will make my retinas melt if I wear them outside :ohdear:

It’s cheaper to make only sunglasses for export out of polycarbonate (which is inherently UV protective) than making two different lines of sunglasses lenses with a tiny difference in price out of a cheaper material.

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

I got three knockoff F91Ws from AE and they’re hilariously lovely, like “off by an hour and a half in a couple weeks” lovely

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

The Bloop posted:

You really think someone would do that, just go to the USPS and tell lies?

(Seriously don't gently caress with the US mail holy poo poo)

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

spog posted:

It can certainly detain them for 60-90 days.

Heyoooooo

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

Horrible Lurkbeast posted:

I'm not kinkshaming I'm just confused about the mechanics of this sexual act. :confused:

Let’s just say skeletons have 207 bones

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

Custom oil paintings are the best thing you can get on AE. You can even get something “simpler” like a degas for under a bill.

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

My friend just told me today that you have to carry a cat through the metal detector at the airport and that would’ve been perfect for him

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

cakesmith handyman posted:

What the gently caress is piss Christ? I'm not googling it.

A piece of contemporary art where the artist took a photo of a crucifix submerged in simulated piss. That’s it.

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

SENSUAL DAD KISS posted:

Also some knockoff raybans that are clearly actual raybans without the logo on them (they're made of acetate like the real thing).

Do you have a link to this store?

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

It’s not weird at all!

*brokebrain posters aggressively come out of the woodwork to write eight paras about a notebook*

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

WrenP-Complete posted:

I think you need to go to Ali Baba to get most pharmaceuticals. There you can contract with a lab to get many things. (I think some of them have been mass speced but I don't know what) I tried a bunch of search terms once when someone mentioned buying drugs on Ali Express, couldn't find anything, and then asked them about it afterwards. They meant to say Ali Baba.

A little less than ten years ago, you could find 55 gallon drums of methamphetamine advertised on AliBaba

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

Obama, osama, and Napoleon Dynamite

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

Snowy posted:

There’s a crazy variety of stuff when you search for antifa.

This is cute

https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/X3WVY7Q

p wild when you consider Fanta was invented by Nazis because they couldn’t import Coke anymore

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

Synthbuttrange posted:

this link has a better (?) description but $1000 price tag

https://www.roundtheclockmall.com/products/572676423856

lol is that a loving gun (or most of one)? someone post that in tfr

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

Jerry Cotton posted:

Isn't Chima one of the "not Bionicle/Ninjago but still a bionicle/ninjago" Lego lines?

trap sprung somehow

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

There’s a Daiso that just opened in NYC in Flushing and it’s rad