Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nit Wit Dog Shit
Sep 28, 2000

Toilet Rascal

Came to post that.

I like it. I'm pretty sure they're going to change the logo, too. I'm thinking it'll be this:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nit Wit Dog Shit
Sep 28, 2000

Toilet Rascal

DariusLikewise posted:

The Rams are moving Greg Robinson to right tackle this year, I guess all your left defensive ends get to pad their sack totals this year :shrug:

There's no way he'll beat out Havenstein for that spot. Maybe he'll battle with Brown/Donnal for the RG position. Or maybe he'll just be out of football.

Nit Wit Dog Shit
Sep 28, 2000

Toilet Rascal

MrSargent posted:

Yah I don't get it, Cousins especially because he has been more consistent. But Bradford actually played well last year behind one of the worst OLines in the league (due to injury).

Bradford was never bad. He was injury prone and on horribly coached teams.

Nit Wit Dog Shit
Sep 28, 2000

Toilet Rascal

Chichevache posted:

*legit 0.5 wide receiver

Better than anything they've had since Holt in 2007.

Coldforge posted:

Although it's worded a bit confusingly, I assume he meant Cooper Kupp can be a legit number 1, and he's right.

Cooper Kupp is going to be awesome.

Nit Wit Dog Shit
Sep 28, 2000

Toilet Rascal

Chichevache posted:

How are the Niners corners supposed to cover Sammy when he's all the way downfieldon the bench?

:argh:

Nit Wit Dog Shit
Sep 28, 2000

Toilet Rascal

JIZZ DENOUEMENT posted:

How are the Rams Safeties? I thought for sure they would have made a strong push for award, but he's off to the Bucs

Lamarcus Joyner and Mo Alexander are decent, but besides Cody Davis, they're other three backups are rookies.

If the bucs wouldn't have gotten Ward, I'm sure the Rams would have gone after him.

Nit Wit Dog Shit
Sep 28, 2000

Toilet Rascal

DariusLikewise posted:

Doubt it, Maurice Alexander is 26 and TJ Ward is 30 and slowing down. Unless he would be okay coming off waiver to be a backup it wouldn't really be worth it.

I was thinking along the lines of Ward being familiar with the Wade Phillips defense.

Nit Wit Dog Shit
Sep 28, 2000

Toilet Rascal

DariusLikewise posted:

AARON DONALD IS IN

I saw that a few hours ago. So happy.

Nit Wit Dog Shit
Sep 28, 2000

Toilet Rascal

Benne posted:

Rams had the best performance of the division today, which is not something I would've expected.

Nobody expected that. I loved it. The Rams officially kicked the Fisher era and culture out the door.

I'm cautiously optimistic.

Nit Wit Dog Shit
Sep 28, 2000

Toilet Rascal

Benne posted:

The Colts are a trash fire, but this is the first time Goff looked like a real NFL quarterback, so maybe he's not a lost cause yet? This Rams team will be a lot more interesting if McVay unfucks Goff.

Agreed on all points.

Goff was thrown in to the worst scenario last year with gently caress head Fisher. Now that Goff has someone who has a semblance of running an offense, he has a chance. Only time will tell.

Nit Wit Dog Shit
Sep 28, 2000

Toilet Rascal

Schwack posted:

I've seen this before.

Rams fans, and QB's, have been dealing with that for years.

Nit Wit Dog Shit
Sep 28, 2000

Toilet Rascal

DariusLikewise posted:

Chaos will reign supreme and the Niners will beat the Rams 49-0 on Thursday night

Now let's not g. . . :(

Nit Wit Dog Shit
Sep 28, 2000

Toilet Rascal

Coldforge posted:

A good follow up to last week's Seahawks o-line.

https://twitter.com/BaldyNFL/status/909855192216166401

Haha! Holy poo poo, what a clown show!

I kinda feel bad for Russell Wilson. Hmmm, no I don't.

Nit Wit Dog Shit
Sep 28, 2000

Toilet Rascal

That's Alex Barron/Jason Smith/Greg Robinson type of futilty.

Nit Wit Dog Shit
Sep 28, 2000

Toilet Rascal
The Rams better get their D in order, or holy poo poo will it be a long season. Hopefully they can shore up some stuff during the next ten days.

I obviously love the Rams' offensive turn around (gently caress Jeff Fisher).

Credit to the niners, though. Maybe their O has come out of its coma.

Nit Wit Dog Shit
Sep 28, 2000

Toilet Rascal

Benne posted:

I miss Jeff Fisher already

loving NO!!

Nit Wit Dog Shit
Sep 28, 2000

Toilet Rascal

Leperflesh posted:

"offensive pass interference"

I didn't see that as I was at work, but yeah, that's horrible.

Nit Wit Dog Shit
Sep 28, 2000

Toilet Rascal

DariusLikewise posted:

Luckily it looks like most of the problems the Rams are having on defense can be coached. Lots of guys losing contain and not sticking in gaps is really screwing them.

:agreed:

Nit Wit Dog Shit
Sep 28, 2000

Toilet Rascal

its all nice on rice posted:

Didn't the rams start 3-1 last year?

They did, but this is a completely different 3-1. They're not finishing 4-12 this year.

Nit Wit Dog Shit
Sep 28, 2000

Toilet Rascal

Benny the Snake posted:

You're right, you're finishing 7-9

Yeah, well that's not 4-12!

Nit Wit Dog Shit
Sep 28, 2000

Toilet Rascal

Benne posted:

Jeff Fisher could beat the Seahawks but Sean McVay can't SMDH

Five turnovers didn't help, either. But credit the Seahawks, they got the job done and the Rams didn't.

Last year's Rams never would have been able to generate that last drive. Never.

At least the Rams are competitive now. It's been so long.

Benny the Snake posted:

The Fisher curse is over! :hawksin:

Good! Anything that's related to Fisher and is over is fine by me.

Nit Wit Dog Shit fucked around with this message at 03:55 on Oct 9, 2017

Nit Wit Dog Shit
Sep 28, 2000

Toilet Rascal

Benne posted:

Some Serious Takes:

-- Rams are good, but not quite ready for primetime yet. With the score that close at home, they should've executed more than they did. Missed a golden chance to take control of the division, but I expect them to stay in the playoff hunt through Christmas.

-- Goff was pretty hit-and-miss, making some great plays but also falling back into the bad habits that doomed him last year. That INT to Earl Thomas where he just threw up a prayer was particularly bad, and tilted the game at a crucial moment. Goff will learn from this.

-- Seahawks' defense clearly game-planned to stop Gurley, and it worked. With him bottled up, the Rams couldn't use the play-action as their secret weapon like most weeks, forcing Goff into a lot of situations he's not ready to handle by himself yet. Smart stuff.

-- Go Hawks

Agreed on your points, but I will add that Goff showed maturity in that last drive. Like I said earlier, that drive never would have happened like it did, last year.

This system is better for him, so his confidence is growing, but he's still going through growing pains. And that Seahawks D is great, so he had to contend with that.

Things are looking up for the Rams for sure.

Younger me would have been pissed after this loss, but older me is seeing progress and appreciating being competitive.

Go Rams

Edit: I just saw Earl Thomas say that Goff is playing much better this year than last, so that's good to hear. Props to ET.

Nit Wit Dog Shit fucked around with this message at 05:43 on Oct 9, 2017

Nit Wit Dog Shit
Sep 28, 2000

Toilet Rascal

Spoeank posted:

Hey guys we would love to get in on that rivalry too

:smith:

No offense, but I'm not looking for that anytime soon.

:unsmith:

Benne posted:

I'm actually excited for another good Seahawks/Rams rivalry, and not just the limp-dicked Jeff Fisher version. This was one of the best under-the-radar rivalries of the early 2000s, with both teams trading haymakers and crazy finishes with playoff implications on the line nearly every time. Getting back to those times would be pretty drat sweet.

That'd be cool with me, too, considering it looks like the Rams are on the upswing and the seahawks don't look to be going away anytime soon.

Nit Wit Dog Shit fucked around with this message at 06:41 on Oct 9, 2017

Nit Wit Dog Shit
Sep 28, 2000

Toilet Rascal

Manoueverable posted:

The Rams are gonna be A Problem for a while at the rate they're improving.

What does their cap/signing situation look like? I have to imagine they'll have some business decisions to make soon re: the defense.

If I remember correctly, their cap situation at the beginning of next season is outstanding, but I can't currently research that to be certain (on the road).

Nit Wit Dog Shit
Sep 28, 2000

Toilet Rascal

XxGirlKisserxX posted:

Pretty whacky game overall. Hope Fournette is okay

I thought I heard at the end of the game that he was cleared to come back in. I dont know whether or not he did, though.

Nit Wit Dog Shit
Sep 28, 2000

Toilet Rascal

DariusLikewise posted:

I’ve enjoyed the Rams season so far up to the bye, now they have a murderous schedule going forward so welp

Maybe not team-wise so much, but the Rams just went through a murderous traveling road trip and came out of it 2-0.

I'll miss them not having a game next week, but the bye is much needed before they fly out east again to play the giants.

5-2. :stare:

Nit Wit Dog Shit
Sep 28, 2000

Toilet Rascal

Nervous posted:

Just think, if Cooper Kupp could catch a pass in the end zone you'd be 6-1 and in complete control of your division.

True, but I don't think about that cuz "coulda, shoulda, woulda," you know?

Again, during the Fisher era, that opportunity never would have happened.

I know Cooper Kupp took that drop real hard, but the Rams still have faith in him. He scored today with a nice catch and run. I'll always be on the Cooper Kupp train.

In conclusion: gently caress Jeff Fisher.

Nit Wit Dog Shit
Sep 28, 2000

Toilet Rascal

Coldforge posted:

The last team they beat literally does not exist anymore.

Fitting.

Haha! drat.

King Hong Kong posted:

Remove the “good defenses” from the title.

*Ahem*

Nit Wit Dog Shit
Sep 28, 2000

Toilet Rascal

DariusLikewise posted:

Jeff Fisher got fired

I repeat this sentence to myself over and over multiple times a day. It's still glorious.

Nit Wit Dog Shit
Sep 28, 2000

Toilet Rascal

DariusLikewise posted:

I hope so, that will upgrade my opinion from "The Rams are really good at beating up on lovely teams and that's fun" to "Rams might be legitimate contenders and I am excited for the playoffs"

I haven't been to this thread since Saturday, so I'm quoting this without reading the rest of the thread yet, but yeah, this is me exactly.

Nit Wit Dog Shit
Sep 28, 2000

Toilet Rascal

Kazak_Hstan posted:

There are no likable teams in the NFC west, embrace death, especially to the rams.

Nit Wit Dog Shit
Sep 28, 2000

Toilet Rascal

DariusLikewise posted:

I've been trying not to get too excited over their play so far because the last time I did that was in 2003 and that was the year they lost to the 5-11 Lions on the last game of the season to drop from the No.1 to No.2 seed and then lost to the Carolina Panther on the first play of double overtime to get knocked out of the playoffs.

Jason Sehorn. :argh:

Nit Wit Dog Shit
Sep 28, 2000

Toilet Rascal

Benne posted:

I was wondering why Goodwin broke down after his touchdown, and ...

https://twitter.com/MaioccoNBCS/status/929899439476449281

:(

That explains the TD reaction. :( drat.

Nit Wit Dog Shit
Sep 28, 2000

Toilet Rascal

I just heard about this. I gotta think the rest of the season is gonna be tough sledding. drat.

Nit Wit Dog Shit
Sep 28, 2000

Toilet Rascal

DariusLikewise posted:

He's going to be dropping a big fat 0 on the scoreboard in 2 weeks

:ssh:

Nit Wit Dog Shit
Sep 28, 2000

Toilet Rascal
I hate the eagles so much that I was actually pulling for the seahawks last week.

To double how dumb I am, I'm actually going to watch the game on Sunday with eagle friends of mine (I live in eagles country).

I have a brain problem.

Go Rams!

Nit Wit Dog Shit
Sep 28, 2000

Toilet Rascal

DariusLikewise posted:

I will be watching the game with some friends from my old city who don't care about football, but know the Rams have sucked for years and always made fun of me for it.

Hopefully they're not making fun of you after the game Sunday.

No one would have thought at the beginning of this season that this game would be one of the biggest games of the year. Crazy.

Nit Wit Dog Shit
Sep 28, 2000

Toilet Rascal

DariusLikewise posted:

Happy one year anniversary of Jeff Fisher getting fired!!!!!

What's the anniversary of Spags and Linehan getting fired, too? Well, I'll tell you:

Spags fired January 2nd, 2012, and Linehan fired September 28, 2008. All glorious days!

loving bastards. All of them.

Nit Wit Dog Shit
Sep 28, 2000

Toilet Rascal

DariusLikewise posted:

I’m glad I held off looking at the score all day so I could come home and watch that game on the PVR. One and in.

I was still worried until the 4th quarter. It'st crazy they don't have a playoff spot wrapped up yet. NFC is so competitive this year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nit Wit Dog Shit
Sep 28, 2000

Toilet Rascal

DariusLikewise posted:

San Francisco 49ers will be the NFC West Champs in 2018

This is a legit concern of mine.

• Locked thread