Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Al-Saqr posted:

wow I should ask him some stuff then!

When she was in college, a colleague of mine invited him to come speak to and hang out with a bunch of people from her political science class, and he did. You should ask him out for drinks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

BrutalistMcDonalds posted:

Catching up on a neo-Nazi SA offshoot. About the Nazi guy crying his eyes out:

Gawd. Well thanks for background internet Nazi dude.

So I think that cracking down hard on the Nazis can further radicalize an inner core which pops off into terrorism. But the same goes for ISIS. It doesn't mean you don't wage war on ISIS. These guys are insane.

It seems like it works, honestly. The new blood for nazi movements in the US seems to be 4chan edgelords who want to maintain plausible deniability, like that loser who threw off his shirt and begged people not to treat him like a nazi even though he was dressed like them and marched with them. I'd imagine turning up the heat will cause nazism to lose its allure as a fun place to play edgelord and troll people.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Reading more. Now they're engaging in civil war fantasies.

Well I think it is a load of fantasizing and I don't like to "what-if" that stuff. But I've gotta say a common theme on the far right when they talk about it is extreme overconfidence. I mean not exactly surprising with Nazis and all. Like listen to this, it's totally nuts:

It reminds me a lot of how 4chan talks about normies, which always seems way more informed by tv and movies than any real-world relationship or experience.

a better example might be how freep used to talk about the approaching Civil War II and how those liberals would regret not stockpiling guns.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

TrilliontonNixon posted:

I mean hell just look at Dylan Roof. Some young guy on his computer swallowing this toxic sludge until killing a bunch of innocent people just seems to be the obvious and correct thing to do.

Christ, White ISIS suddenly doesn't seem so funny anymore.

wasn't that literally the story with the Charlottesville killer? If Roger Elliot were may 5 years younger he probably would have gone nazi by however old he was.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Samovar posted:

psychosomatic

He wore a sheet! <horse whinny>

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Notorious R.I.M. posted:

I really dont think enough counter protestors have realized that the game has changed since Charlottesville. Coming with sticks isn't going to do much when quasi-organized militias start responding with lethal force. I think the fact that libertarian militia movements are just now starting to openly fuse with white supremacists movements has vastly raised the stakes recently. One of these events is going to have a death toll in the large numbers of digits if this isn't addressed.

http://www.defenseone.com/threats/2017/08/armed-militias-wont-stop-after-charlottesville-and-worries-law-enforcement/140335/

Militia members arguing that they were in their right to shoot someone but exercised restraint.

there was a lot of crossover between groups in the 90s. the Turner Diaries is basically a militia fantasy.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Slugnoid posted:

one of these things is not like other, one of these things is not the same...

crossposting from the Boston thread:

Time posted:

And this

"You're all getting lumps in your stocking this year!"

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

"caustic agent" technically so pepper spray

The explosives charges sound more interesting.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

i think that might be a misreading of the charges by the site, which is a bit clickbaity

Two felony charges related to use of an explosive device and two charges related to use of a caustic agent. You think it was all pepper spray, like he had some kind of smoke bomb with pepper spray inside?

Also boo on no concealed weapons charges after he pulls a gun off each limb right on camera in the Vice report.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Coming to America remake looks tight.

Black Panther was already in one Captain America movie where he was basically Batman if Batman was also dictator-for-life of a country. Then at the end he taught Iron Man that revenge was bad and flew away.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Marvel movies are certainly by-committee drivel, although the one other time they tapped a director with an actual eye and vision rather than a bland yes-man they got the closest thing to a real movie they've done so far. Black Panther's being done by the Fruitvale Station guy, so if he has an idea and they let him do it maybe the movie will actually say something.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Star Wars is at least about fighting nazis. I don't know if marvel is allowed to use nazis.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

send HR a link to their nazi facebook from a throwaway email address that you send from starbucks.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

Editing offensive content out of a WW2 movie for the German market and such is too much work, so just don't talk about Nazis at all.

Why would Germans want to see a movie called "Captain America" anyway?

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Crane Fist posted:

Wasn't the winter soldier about the dangers of letting fascist elements seize control of the surveillance state because they'll use it to exterminate 'undesirables'

It's about how you need the surveillance state because it's the only way to beat the bad guys when they try to take it over. Also I guess millionaire Robert Downy Jr. gets to take it over in the end, so you know it's in good hands.

The Nolan batman is less fascist, and he's a critique of state power.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Grand Prize Winner posted:

never would have expected Buffy to sink this low.

Redpilled by Fred from Scooby Doo.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

FaustianQ posted:

What would a proper leftist superhero even look like? Is that basically Anarky but you don't let poo poo AnCaps write him?

Probably the best you'll do right now.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Grand Prize Winner posted:

what is the most communist but also frightening animal? naked mole rat maybe?

Ants. Bees. Definitely bees.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Jerry bags deserve the guillotine as much as the men.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Lastgirl posted:

also remember that short nazi who suckerpunched that antifa girl from behind so maybe just have antifa women beat up on nazi women instead of cowardly nazi guys sucker punching from behind just a thought

At the first nazi rally in Boston in May a fat 30-year-old proud boy walked up to a 20-year-old Wellesley student and punched her, so she hit him back, because what else are you going to do? They both got arrested, but I think the student was let go without any charges being filed.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Darkman Fanpage posted:

4chan is really bad at psyops

what was that one alt-right tumblr that still had all the archived emo posts about the author's mom making him go to therapy?

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Qu Appelle posted:

The Root has that fight I posted a little while ago, along with an explanation of why it happened. There's also a longer video in the article of the actual fight.

http://thegrapevine.theroot.com/fl-white-woman-explains-why-she-kicked-a-racist-white-1798388081

Colleen Dagg, who was the rear end kicker, has no regrets.

https://twitter.com/DaggDagg94/status/900453263820062721

A true ally. A mighty comrade.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Rah! posted:

lol

also SF's mayor said that what everyone should really do to fight fascism is just ignore the nazis, and not show up at all, and let the nazis stomp around in our city unopposed! :downs:

authorities would always just rather have nothing happen, however they're able to achieve that result.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

cargo cult posted:

Oh, hey, a website that's actively aping and mocking Jacobin is providing a manifesto and vision for far right terrorism, like, forreal. I wonder if the FBI will care.

https://jacobitemag.com/2017/06/14/political-violence-is-a-game-the-right-cant-win/

I bet detached white irony will address this

"Hmm, let's see--I want to copy the leftist magazine renowned for thoughtful content and beautify layouts...what shall I make? A purple blogspot template full of poo poo about how I read LA Kauffman and am waiting for Civil War II, plus an article about how the Something Awful Forums created the modern left!"

https://jacobitemag.com/2017/08/12/how-message-board-culture-remade-the-left/

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

What is it about nazis and failure?

The part of his set where he attacks teen girls for wanting the hpv vaccine because they're excited to "gently caress immigrants" genuinely raised my brow, even knowing who he became. At least he dropped that weight.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Peel posted:

doesn't this just leave miller of the traditional wh nazi trio

sessions. devos.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

safely sodomized posted:

#inspirational

Is he dumb enough to break the order and show up at the nazi thing today?

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Bullfrog posted:

huge antifascist rally in San Francisco. Looks like the altright got cucked again at their own event

pics? The head nazi said he'd be doing "pop-up talks" around the city because going to the park was too scary for him.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

I'm fine with this. Run and hide bitches

It's just more impotent fantasy. Do these idiots know how hard it is to plan and manage a public event? Charlottesville was a big deal for these cretins in terms of actually accomplishing anything at all.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Bullfrog posted:

more disturbing information coming out of the shooting (that for some reason many ppl didnt know about till now?) in charlottesville.

https://twitter.com/MattBors/status/901537092022538240

https://twitter.com/MattBors/status/901537416812658688

This event was described by the target in an initial story about Charlottesville. Maybe in an interview with the guy using the spray-can flamethrower? I definitely remember a statement from a guy saying a dude called him the n and then shot at his feet.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Bullfrog posted:

saddest press conference ever, the proud boys and people who remain believe that antifa is on their way. proud boys "want to fight"

https://twitter.com/eugeneantifa/status/901557240120754176

a reporter there should ask them what they think "antifa" is.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

It's a self-aware silly exercise that makes the group look like good fun to new and potential members, while also building solidarity between members and normalizing the idea of violence as a group function.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

CYBERNAZI has a youtube you guys. Is CYBERNAZI real?

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

are they going to come back with a tank and shoot-to-kill orders?

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Anita Sarkeesian posted photos of what is apparently the Berkeley counterprotest to her instagram, and video telling nazis to gently caress off. Seems a little harder-edged than her usual civic engagement. Glad to see everyone getting radicalized to crack nazi skulls.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

steinrokkan posted:

I wager that Gamergate is as insignificant among the far right movement as it is among any population.

Where do you think they got their ostensible cause of "free speech"? Gamergate was the dress rehearsal for what's happening now.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Comic books seems to have gone through/is going through a smaller-scale version of gamergate, driven by similar cultural and market forces, so it could happen in any sufficiently niche hobby with a declining die-hard core confronting change brought by new participants.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

The pepe was a loving middle school teacher. he must enjoy all those 4chan thread about lowering the age of consent.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

is it a typical pepe thing to call everyone demonstrating against them "antifa"? I saw official statements from the Boston and San Francisco nazis doing the same thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Qu Appelle posted:

Speaking of which....

https://twitter.com/Millennial_Matt/status/902396058445242368

Was the acid attack before, during, or after the macing with bear spray?

I thought he deleted his twitter. Was he just laying low until the heat died down?