Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Well, it was a last gen game after all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

No, the beta is over Tuesday.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Every new character is already leaked, aren't they?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

The Fool posted:

Injustice-verse Green Arrow is dead, and black canary has been emigrated.

Since canary is in the game, that does imply some sort of alt-verse shenanigans.

It's already confirmed in her bio.

Batman is desperate so he reaches out to her, and she comes back to help finish the job. Green Arrow is presumably the Oliver she ends up with coming along too.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Jimmy Hats posted:

I wonder how they are going to explain him not just pulling the justice league from the last game back over again to bail his rear end out if this is the case.

That's not too hard to hand wave. If he wants to do it with his own people, Canary might be in another universe but she's still a local.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

The original comic was the 5 years before Injustice. This one is the time between the games.

Evil Canadian posted:

As far as it went it was for Flash/Supergirl/Green Arrow.

The rest of the list for completions sake however naturally take with huge grain of salt.

Premium skin / Original Character

reverse flash / flash
power girl / supergirl
john stewart / lantern
black siren / canary
batwoman / batman
nightwing(damian wayne) / robin
red arrow / green arrow
bizzaro / superman
wildcat / cheetah
mr freeze / captain cold
shazam / black adam
deathstorm / firestorm
blackfire / starfire
arkham knight / red hood

Biggest maybe is Red hood and Starfire don't show up on the original leak list, however Hood has been showing up in other sources(magazines) stating he is in the game so I guess time will tell :shrug:

Black Siren would also be from the TV show.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Kurtofan posted:

Grodd is Kotal Khan, Superman is Mileena, Brainiac is Shinnok, Batman is uuuuuh Johnny Cage? Supergirl is Cassie Cage

edit Batman is Raiden, definitely raiden

edit2 and I wonder where Atrocitus come into play, maybe he could be Brainiac's Quan Chi

Supergirl's a bad guy isn't she?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Does anyone know how you upgrade a gear level in the mobile game? It's the only daily I have left.

Edit: you need to destroy a duplicate gear item for shards to upgrade others.

Aphrodite fucked around with this message at 21:45 on May 10, 2017

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Liefeld was an rear end in a top hat before but people have said he's nice now.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Crowetron posted:

She was a great character when DeConnick was writing her. Marvel's Captain Marvel, like many before her, fell victim to the cruel double-whammy of Big Event syndrome and Bendis-ism :negative:

What? No, KSD's Captain Marvel is junk.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

When you use a super on Bizarro your character just cries through the whole animation.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

You get a silver loot box for every character tutorial you do, by the way.

They're all like 6 to 9 little steps that teach you some basic combos or ability use.

And a platinum one just for linking the mobile game, so you should probably do that even if you don't plan on playing it. It also unlocks a premium skin for Cyborg but who cares about Cyborg.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Kelp Plankton posted:

So what are all the mobile/console unlocks you get from linking the games (other than Grid)?

I got a platinum loot box. The linking page then said keep playing both for more unlocks, but didn't specify.

Edit: Or Diamond? I forget what the top level box is called.

Aphrodite fucked around with this message at 16:12 on May 16, 2017

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

sexpig by night posted:

I want to like Atrocious because he's a neat character and all but...Swamp Thing just kinda does everything he does better...and is Swamp Thing...sooo...

Swamp Thing does not have a kitty.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Norns posted:

It's been a while since I've played a fighting game and im glad the timing windows are pretty forgiving

Netherrealm's combo system has always been nice and forgiving for non-experts.

Especially on a wider interest game like this with superheroes in it.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Kelp Plankton posted:

Okay what should I be spending these coins on? Is it just more mother boxes? Or is there something else they do?

It looks like it. All the gear related activities and unlocks seem to use the other currency.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Saint Freak posted:

God drat sound design on Canary keeps making me think I blew my eardrums out.

There was a multiverse event, expired now, where bombs constantly roll in from off screen and each one is accompanied with a Joker laugh.

It made me wish I blew my eardrums out.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Lurdiak posted:

Why are you guys surprised a fighting game's online features are hosed at launch.

These are the local features.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

fadam posted:

The Omega sanction is Supposed to never miss and you can literally duck it in this game. Superman has less health than a young boy. Balance Trump's lore.

It never misses. It can be dodged.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Carebearz posted:

Think real hard about what you just said right there.

Look at this guy who has apparently never played an RPG.

Jimmy Hats posted:

I assume it hits them with scuba gear so they can breathe underwater??? Or he shoots himself???

Holy poo poo there is a tri-handcuff arrow why isn't that the meter burn version of handcuff arrow?!?!

Green Arrow fuckin rules

Green Arrow occasionally has arrows that are just other gear he needs, but attached to an arrow.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

See, now you might think "why not put the whistle on the original cat arrow" and that my friend is why you're not a superhero.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

http://io9.gizmodo.com/16-trick-arrows-that-make-green-arrows-boxing-glove-a-1493963093

#1 on the list is the Aqualung Arrow.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I think it's the last 3 you chose, but not necessarily played.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

More tutorial questions! I'm practicing with Black Canary and her Front Handspring follow-ups (df3). The one where you just have to hold 3 is easy. But then the other two it says to hold d+3 or u+3, how does that work, I was able to mash through it after repeating 100 times but I don't actually understand the timing or presses

Edit: Welp, as soon as I posted that I managed to figure it out. My reflexes feel shot

Yeah, the thing it doesn't make clear is that they're not so much follow-ups as interrupts. So not knowing that totally throws off your timing.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

nunsexmonkrock posted:

So I decided to front the money to level up black canary, cheetah, and poison ivy along with getting the skins - now their levels went back down. it saved the the source crystals I had (after using them). WB's answer was to power down the system, uninstall and reinstall the game - so now I'm waiting to download 11ish gbs of game now. loving hell. I am going to be furious if this doesn't work.

I haven't had the issue myself but a few game site shave reported on it. You don't have to reinstall. Power down (not rest mode) for at least 5 minutes. That clears the cache, then you should be good.

Others have said just going into the character tutorial for the one that lost levels restores them too.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

theSpokeyDokey posted:

Do you have to do two complete play-throughs to get both endings or can I jump ahead to the fight where I choose sides? I picked Batman's ending first.

The Chapters menu for story mode lets you just choose the other character for each fight that had a choice.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

thebardyspoon posted:

Hey ordered this game but they didn't send it out until just now so can't play it yet, was just curious how long it takes roughly to get a character to level 20? Seeing in a lot of streams and pre release stuff that people were getting level 20 gear from the story mode and complaining that the game was transparently trying to tempt them into buying stuff to circumvent that or something, I don't really care about that but I am wondering how long it'll take me to get a character up.

I'm not there yet and haven't focused on a character hard so I don't know the answer to the question, but each character gets a level 20 piece at the end of their chapter. It's part of the chapter rewards.

Presumably it's given at 20 so it's useful. What good is a level 3 item when you're 5+? Other than those specific level 20 rewards, gear you get playing the story is within a range of your current level.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Meridian posted:

Does anyone know what the rewards are for linking to the mobile app? It looks like it unlocks the Grid skin and a diamond box initially, and I read something about a daily chest after that. Haven't been able to find any more information though. I was kind of hoping gear transferred.

I've been getting a bronze chest each day. That's all.

On the mobile side though you get 30 gems or so a day from having them linked and playing the console version.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Robin clashed my Canary and said "Kiss your baby with that mouth?" and then she comboed him from 50% to death.

I guess someone should have watched their words.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

These AI fights are absurd. I set Flash to Rushdown preset and he's just perfecting rounds.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

DLC Inc posted:

don't feel bad, the AI is doing poo poo that's borderline insane in terms of input speed. However I still see them drop combos on occasion which is pretty funny.

When I AI Canary she constantly blows her super on downed opponents.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Bloodly posted:

I hope people record the stuff the AI's doing, at least once. I think it'd be worth watching.

The Battle Log lets you view replays of those fights.

It won't work for multiverse I don't think, but it grabs AI Battles.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Kelp Plankton posted:

How do you fast forward AI battles? I feel stupid because I can't figure it out.

The only ones you can are the actual Fight ones in the AI simulator.

On PS4 you press the touchpad, I don't know what it is on Xbox or why people would own one.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Defense is a gear stat while HP isn't.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Multiverse is so much worse than Star Labs. It's really bad.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

fadam posted:

How is it different?

It has none of the quirky fun stuff at all and every single thing is a handicap against you.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Cinnamon Bear posted:

Yeah, I've had multiverses that included Captain Cold and Robin team up assists as their gimmick, so there are positive modifiers as well out there.

It's not the same as the silly minigames they used to have though.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

DaveKap posted:

So just so I got this clear, Credits are ONLY used for buying Mother Boxes and I should always just use them to get Gold boxes, correct?

Sometimes they're used to unlock multiverse battles.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Aquaman doesn't talk to fish. He doesn't speak fish.

He has telepathic control of sea life. He forces them to do things against their will. Aquaman is a monster.

Fish parents tell their children horror stories about The Aqua Man.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Batman created the Justice League and since it's not publicly held nobody can vote him out.

• Locked thread