Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
-Blade
Trump
Doctor
Sex
Cake
View Results

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

Thoguh posted:

I wonder about what all the industries that die with the boomers is going to be. Stamp collecting, HAM radio, Harleys, and so on. What's the full list gonna end up being?
Ridiculous mechanical watches that you buy "for the next generation".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

Epic High Five posted:

the reason it's never discussed is because at least half a dozen of your favorite musicians also did it, and this applies to everyone lol
Not my faves!!

https://twitter.com/sfpelosi/status/1147657745253855233

Ruffian Price has issued a correction as of 21:31 on Jul 20, 2019

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

stevewm posted:

Some people in the office where talking about Trump and friends recent thing about tightening up food stamps restrictions even further.. I overheard someone say "I think its great! It'll make em get a job and pay for their own poo poo!"

:(

Having been a benefactor of SNAP one time in my life, it bothers me to hear people say poo poo like that. Why do so many have that mentality?
What pisses me off the most here is the kindergarten understanding of the job market as this nebulous force dispensing work for anybody willing to do whatever. Having never grown out of expecting to get paid for chores, boomers would love to live in the Soviet Union

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

Parakeet vs. Phone posted:

But nope. It was a catastrophe (somehow) and they could never let it happen again, so they moved the money to a restricted education only fund that barely keeps up with inflation.
:laffo: whatever dumb thing you think up "to own the libs" someone somewhere has done it

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

Epic High Five posted:

is there any reason at all that Xi can't just literally do nothing and wait Trump out as things get worse and worse for actual Americans, knowing that our government is incapable of helping non-rich people in any way and wouldn't be willing to do so even if it was?

https://www.theonion.com/fbi-uncovers-al-qaeda-plot-to-just-sit-back-and-enjoy-c-1819576375

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

It's just called Two Brothers!

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

Catholic views on this were changing wildly over the years
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ensoulment

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

Goddamn libertarians demanding handouts! There's no such thing as a free ride.

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

Parakeet vs. Phone posted:

Also a total monster who explained that his plan was to set up a horror movie plot where he made his house look well-stocked and abandoned to draw people in, and that he'd pop out of trap doors to murder them in their sleep and take their stuff.

Landowners seem to have a shared fetish of setting up traps for the have-nots :thunk:

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

Heath posted:

It would rightfully be called a sex reveal party but that has different connotations
inside of cake says IN VITRO or WE BONED

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

just lol if Trump forces Republicans to go vegan

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

quote:

Trump knows about us and he supports us
can they make the god parallels anymore clear

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

Dixie Cretin Seaman posted:

the two questions that i've found will leave a free-market libertarian sputtering and speechless:
1. If the government can pay police to protect us from crime, why shouldn't the government pay doctors to protect us from disease?
2. What is the mechanism that makes free markets efficient?
Some of the Euro libertarians would just honestly say "evolution/survival of the fittest" to both questions (can't have conscious actors interfering with free trade and resource ownership - disease is fine, it makes humanity stronger; markets become efficient through repeated culling of people too weak to run businesses), the fact they're still getting some votes means there are people who will still cling to their views even if you expose their base, abhorrent core :smith:

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

quote:

family farmers
They're deliberately trying to invoke a specific mental image, but these are still just landowners using underpaid immigrant labor to do the actual farming; guess who gets hosed first in the event of a "bankruptcy"

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

https://twitter.com/Pinboard/status/889174363974627333

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

euphronius posted:

yeah that really really really broke their minds

I’d just say “knelling is a sign of respect ???” but it would get no where lol

like kneeling is literally respectful hahah
Maybe that's the actual problem they have? Like encountering people who don't drink or smoke and projecting feelings of superiority onto them. For your entire life standing up was enough, now someone's hacked the system, found a way to be even more respectful. If you don't chase them out, you're now the unpatriotic one!

lmao of course it's just dark skin bad

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

quote:

Despite his personal exposure to multiple carriers of coronavirus
How long can they keep pretending that it wasn't Trump infecting those people

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

A Wizard of Goatse posted:

tbf most Democrats still believe their party is guided by some invisible master plan to gradually work towards a Swedish-style social democracy even having lived through the past 30 years so it's not just the reactionary mind that reacts to new information by retreating into a comforting fantasy world
:smith:

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

cumshitter posted:

its going to be like the twilight zone episode where they finally have all the itme in the world to watch fox news but htey lost their hearing aids

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

If the last month taught us anything, it's that in the eyes of conservatives tenants aren't central at all :smith:

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

This is getting better and better :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

It's the only private space people have when there's no rent control