Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

I still think that's an XCOM thin man.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Baloogan posted:

im enjoying how utterly radicalized everyone is getting

the overton window has opened wide enough

and im peerin' in

Alex Jones is a Showbiz Pizza bear that came to life.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

BexGu posted:

All news networks are rapidly becoming trash networks

https://twitter.com/BecketAdams/status/827231535115988992

I have no way of telling if a news article or the correction saying it's fake is real anymore.

Maybe the people cheering them on realized how bad the optics are and switched to deny mode? Then again I've never seen that news site before so maybe it's fake?

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

passionate dongs posted:

gently caress platter and ghost bitch are good art names

Touch My Hull is good too.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VneoEvAJX0g

Someone in the comments posted:

Who is disliking this?
:fsmug:

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

No, it's the one place that hasn't been ruined by capitalism.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

I thought Hollywood gave up on Brendan Fraiser.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

The more DNC candidates that get kicked out during their primaries, the better. If you can't change the senators' mind, change the senators. It'd be entertaining if all the Dems up for reelection plus a few red seats were replaced by BLM and antifa.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Dapper_Swindler posted:

yeah. pretty much. most of these peoples tactics and cadence remind me of the moral puritans of the evangelical right if they learned how to co-opt academic terminology.

And we all remember what happened to puritanism's de facto moral high ground when cultural norms started shifting.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

get that OUT of my face posted:

nobody's saying to take away "all" of their money, you dumbfucks

I am.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

If you want both sides gone the best thing is to push out the right leaning Democrats by running progressive candidates in the 2018 primaries, getting BLM and Antifa candidates to replace senators and representatives who considered their seats safe, then do the same thing in 2020 and so on until the party is strongly progressive.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Are you hating on Jerkcity?

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Let's blow up the moon! #blowupthemoon

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

She deleted the dropping rocks tweet and is probably going to deny it existed. You can tell because she meticulously numbered each tweet in that series.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Conversation about the deleted tweet still up!

https://twitter.com/planet4589/status/836450405487886336

This guy's an actual astronomer

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Office Surprise Store posted:

the nazis had a moon base in the new wolfenstein game so is it super surprising that the video game candidate can't distinguish that from reality

There's only one nazi moonbase story I care about.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

We couldn't even beat Canada, it's been our shame for two decades now.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

https://twitter.com/Spacekatgal/status/837063062326808578

https://twitter.com/Spacekatgal/status/837063312890290179

And she deleted the rest of the tweets that came after the moon rock in the Elon Musk rant series to further bury it.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

mysterious frankie posted:

she should make a really bad indie game about how hard it is to have ~E M O T I O N S~ while being a dipshit on the internet.

That would be a step up for her.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gJUao2bFjjc

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

MaxxBot posted:

Normally I can understand the logic of centrist Dems but I literally don't understand the juxtaposition of their response to Trump vs their response to GWB. They respond to things like the travel ban with the most overheated rhetoric comparing Trump to Hitler and stuff but when it comes to the GWB and the Iraq war they're like "yeah that was bad but he called Islam a religion of peace!"

The same people said Bush was Hitler for sixteen years.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

comedyblissoption posted:

jimmy dore mocking russian hysterics by the democrats
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dky3vpDeJ-s

I'm glad someone else is calling the Russia thing the Democrat equivalent of Benghazi.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

why are so many youtube personalities tacking hard right

Maybe they're sick of self-censoring and think it's easier to pander to a crowd that doesn't go berserk whenever they say a bigoted joke now and then?

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

What would happen if acting jobs were added to H1B and Hollywood suddenly started giving all the starring roles to Bollywood actors who wanted more international presence? What if journalism jobs were added to H1Bs? What if other white collar jobs in traditionally liberal fields were outsourced?

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Of all the ways to discredit Trump, why do they keep doubling down on the neo-McCarthyism?

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Guy Goodbody posted:

I've heard that it has lesbians and butt stuff.

I just wish the lesbian call hadn't come while I was about to talk to a quest NPC and I had to wait until that e/n session was over to start the quest. Nier: Automata owns and what little I played already had a good amount of :roboluv: content.

Byolante posted:

I still don't understand how Mensch somehow became a democrat neoliberal after her crowning glory was selling out the neoliberals in favour of the conservatives in England.

I thought willingness to cave or sell out to the conservatives was a defining feature of the neolibs.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

spit on my clit posted:

Yeah, I rely on that tweet too often. it's just so good, though!

I'm more about the zero differences between good and evil tweet thanks to the neolib idiocy that gets posted here.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Of course, it all makes sense now. How else could George Bush do 9/11 while reading to children at the same time?

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Anyone who could be outsmarted by Bush is a bad candidate.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

MaxxBot posted:

I'm cool with antifa open carry but you should probably be able to at least hold the gun properly if you're trying to intimidate people.

I would've guessed they were alt-right neckbeards from their looks.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

I miss the simpler times when we just hated on Ctrl-Alt-Del.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Any idiot working for a prominent blog site can get one, unless they happen to be Lowtax.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

I miss the days when also-rans were quickly forgotten. Even :mitt: was a distant memory after his loss.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

rudatron posted:

The instant they stop feeling guilty, minorities are going to get exactly the same treatment that rednecks get now - indifference.

Kind of like how groups of European immigrants used to be discriminated against and now they're just considered white people?

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

FuzzySkinner posted:

How is there so many goddamned liberals who get random rear end check marks? (Again, before anyone flips out? Liberals and Leftists are two different things. I identify as a "Lefty")

I've been using lib/neolib/woke/plastic progressive/Democrat in name only/etc interchangeably.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Office Surprise Store posted:

another thing is that a lot of hillary fans came off as supporting her for hillary's sake. like it was our loving job to elect her in and fulfill her dream. sorry, pretty sure it's the job of the leader to make sure i can fulfill my dream

i'm with her, it's her turn, etc.

Don't forget "We need someone who can reach across the aisle if we want to get things done."

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

FuzzySkinner posted:

I completely understand if you're a woman and legit wanted to see the first female president. If that is the argument? I can't fault someone for that. The time for a female president should have been a long time ago (Barbara Jordan would have been a great candidate fwiw...:smith:)

Yeah, I saw old ladies in the caucus talking about how they were finally going to have a woman in the white house in their lifetime. I'd feel more bad for them if she hadn't done things like cover up rape accusations against Bill.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

FuzzySkinner posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dcOp2VtIv8o

Humanist Report kinda nailed this line of horseshit logic down used by the woke neoliberals. They seem very keen on denying people justice under the guise of trying to "white knight" for people. They use the language of progressivism, populism...and then throw them under the bus when elected.

You've kinda nailed it though. The true enemy of justice is not conservative, it's the neoliberal moderate who plays interference for them.

Why force actual change when you can string them along, throwing out a minor law that kind of benefits them when reelection time comes?

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

tl;dr, primary those fuckers out.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

White Rock posted:

Perhaps these pepole would have lazyly voted Clinton if there had been no progressive candidates, but a lot of good will was lost with the whole debacle.

I registered as Democrat to specifically try and stop Clinton from getting the nomination because I'd rather see actually progressive social programs than half-assed liberal ones.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

while that's different from terminally woke feminism, this is a real belief among influential people, many of whom were full-throated supporters of hillary clinton

Would they vote for Palin if she ran?

• Locked thread