Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What was the lowest point of the Simpson
Homer Votes
Harlem Shake
Keisha Tik Tok intro
Homer Live
Lisa Goes Gaga
Other (please specify)
View Results

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

When did the show start crediting twenty-five or more people at the beginning of each episode? I feel like that was a big sign that the good times were never coming back

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Graham Fury posted:

"Homer, why do you keep saying you think Bart misses his old glasses? He doesn't even wear glasses."

"Aw, c'mon Marge, you know I'm an idiot and an inattentive father! As a result I'm comically ignorant of basic details about our son."

I feel like there's a version of this that could have worked in the 90's but I have no idea how it could be better executed now

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Hyrax Attack! posted:

I like how there is no such thing as an excessively deep cut from season 4 for the meme thread, but when someone posts an episode recap from season 29 it's met with confusion about if it's real or not. I mean, c'mon:

It's incredibly real and halfway through the episode

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lisa_Gets_the_Blues

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

I forgot there was an episode where Homer was raped by a panda

That's probably the lowest point

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

You Are A Elf posted:

And that episode aired 27 years ago this month. That Troy McClure quote is older than some goons here.

:stare:

I was in 1st grade when that aired and two generations of people have been born since then

zetamind2000 fucked around with this message at 00:14 on Dec 16, 2022

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Das Boo posted:

Simpsons should be the first fully AI production. The scripts, the voices, the animation... just let AI take over and thy will be done.

ChatGPT has a few ideas

Write an episode of The Simpsons where Homer tries to write an episode of The Simpsons posted:

Homer Simpson sat at his desk, staring at the blank piece of paper in front of him. He had always dreamed of writing an episode of The Simpsons, but he had never actually tried it before.

"Come on, Homer," he muttered to himself. "You can do this. Just think of a funny idea and run with it."

He picked up his pen and began to brainstorm. After a few minutes, he had a rough outline:

Act 1: Homer gets a wild hair to write an episode of The Simpsons.

Act 2: Homer starts writing, but quickly gets stuck and frustrated.

Act 3: Marge and the kids try to help Homer with his writing, but their suggestions only make things worse.

Act 4: Homer has a breakthrough and comes up with a brilliant idea for the episode.

Act 5: Homer's script is a huge success and he becomes the pride of Springfield.

Homer grinned to himself, feeling confident in his idea. He began to write the script, typing away furiously on his computer.

As he wrote, he started to get more and more into the story. He laughed out loud at his own jokes and was having a great time.

But as the hours ticked by, Homer began to hit a wall. He stared at the screen, trying to come up with the next line, but nothing was coming to him.

"I can't do this," he moaned, throwing his hands up in frustration. "I'm just not cut out to be a writer."

Just then, Marge and the kids walked into the room. "What's going on, Homer?" Marge asked.

"I'm trying to write an episode of The Simpsons, but I'm just not good enough," Homer replied dejectedly.

"Oh, come on now, Homer," Marge said. "You can do this. Let us help you."

The kids nodded in agreement, and together, they sat down to brainstorm ideas for the script. They threw out all sorts of wild ideas, but nothing seemed to click.

Just when they were about to give up, Bart had a brilliant idea. "What if Homer accidentally becomes a superhero and saves Springfield from a giant monster?" he suggested.

Homer's eyes lit up. "That's it!" he exclaimed. "I can work with that."

With renewed enthusiasm, Homer sat down to write the script. And with the help of his family, he was able to finish it in record time.

The next day, he submitted it to the producers of The Simpsons, and to his delight, they loved it. The episode was a huge hit, and Homer became the talk of Springfield.

From then on, Homer was known as the town's resident writing genius, and he continued to pen many more successful episodes of The Simpsons.

Recursive television's worth at least a season

zetamind2000 fucked around with this message at 08:50 on Dec 16, 2022

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

spaceblancmange posted:

harry shearer will be 80 this year

When he dies the show will deepfake him for 80 more years

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

The ai generated seinfeld channel on twitch is where the simpsons will be in ten years

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

"It's just a slight heatwave"

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

https://clips.twitch.tv/GoodColorfulWitchWutFace-hSDeL8K1tt98q41I

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Das Boo posted:

I watched this for way too long and got a rogue wave, an ice circle, and meteors falling down the chimney.

The Bermuda Triangle

https://clips.twitch.tv/HonorableRelentlessBisonPJSugar-VQAPahyhahFmEVsF

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

This is the closest it will ever get to steamed hams

https://clips.twitch.tv/TrappedSilkyCattleBabyRage-o6oOKz2q53kRTe0Q

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

The show using celebrities peaked with michael jackson

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Hyrax Attack! posted:

It’s a rock solid ep! Lisa’s not a state she’s a monster, and there may be a boogeyman or boogeymen in the house.

They're even out of the basic elements of food

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Tree Goat posted:

mods, add “critical brace theory” to the poll

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

muscles like this! posted:

Catching the end of the episode on now and why does Mr Burns sound weird?

Harry shearer turns eighty at the end of the year

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Alan Smithee posted:

man i can't believe unlimitedsteam got banned for anti-semitisms

it's like AI just can't be trusted with content

Three minutes of steamed hams required thirty minutes of audio processing so the guy that ran it had to approve the clip where skinner talks about burning jews in an oven

zetamind2000 fucked around with this message at 18:08 on May 1, 2023

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Non Compos Mentis posted:

https://twitter.com/TanookiKuribo/status/1652833840627343362?t=C5yN4vQXdzjXz4lgeQowUQ&s=19

You can kinda hear the original Burns voice occasionally through the old man breathy talk

I'll give the show this, Burns at least sounds as old as he's supposed to be

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

The ai generated steamed hams twitch channel was ahead of its time

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Hrist posted:

Virtual Bart

Bad game, but I'll always remember the manual typo that calls one of the levels pork factory bart pig

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Hrist posted:

The character Frank "Grimey" Grimes has been dead for many years. His son later tries to assassinate Homer as revenge. And episode 600 establishes his ghost as a character. Yet in the opening of episode 750, they have him make a cameo at the plant. Implying that he is not only alive and well, but also got his job back. How did Burns' HR department let this slip through the background check? I hope someone got fired for this blunder.
:goonsay:

Ghosts can still be fired for not coming to work

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

The Moon Monster posted:

Can't wait to see their take on Hunter's laptop.

bender's laptop

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

give me fully qpilled futurama

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Mantis42 posted:

Writing a spec script about Krusty hiring a writer named Mal Jean who ruins Itchy and Scratchy

everything's coming up poochie!

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

bottle of piss

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

PostNouveau posted:

gently caress

and the voice acting sounds rough as well :v:

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

PostNouveau posted:

Homer notices nothing about nuclear safety involves him or his workstation and it's revealed he's had a fake workstation the whole time.

not watching the episode but this sounds funny

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

bone emulator posted:

the joke was that the chicken nuggets had " " around the word chicken.

this joke can't hold malk's jockstrap

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

the title's clickbait, the video's more of a look at the show's current style of humor and how its writing works

zetamind2000 fucked around with this message at 05:18 on Oct 13, 2023

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

:kstare:

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Hedgehog Pie posted:

Is there actually anywhere where you can stand in five states at once?

four is the most you can do

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Four_Corners

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

why is this timeline

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

I think I laughed hardest when marge walked away without saying anything the second the bees arrived, modern simpsons can't reach one tenth that level of restraint

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

build the clown bed

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Craig K posted:

season 51 episode 22

youtube content farm episode with a guest appearance by elon musk

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

edit: wrong thread

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Tony Hawk's Pro Skater

1999, actually

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2smQ703GlJ4

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Ghost Leviathan posted:

That's fair. Says something that the best I can think of from innovation on PCs specifically in that era was the rise of MMOs.

the early to mid 2000's had some good rtses when the tech reached the point where you could have the battlefield be a 3d space

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

dr_rat posted:

I know it was a technical improvement but for quite a while it made them look quite a bit worse. Still reckon warcraft 2 looks better than 3.

The M.Y.T.H games did you the 3d environments quite well though. A lot of games at first didn't seem to, just having it be a graphics thing only basically.

nowhere to go but down after empire at war

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

credburn posted:

Wasn't there a Vietnam War game made that used the Myth engine...?

yeah and it sucked