Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe
I think Trump is going to have some real trouble being re-elected if he keeps packing his cabinet with Russian spys.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe

TheIllestVillain posted:

hes a obese 70 year old in the most high stress job on earth, hes not going to make it to the next election

I think it depends on blood pressure medication advancements as well as how many organs he can harvest from young people.

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe
If it weren't for those Unions we'd all be millionaire slaves right now

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe
War with Russia just seems so cliche'

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe

Spunky Psycho Ho posted:

Why do hippies fail at 2 steps of logic?

1) Factories are still being moved overseas so why are companies doing this?

2) If there weren't low skilled jobs here why are there so many illegal immigrants?

The problem is not enough Americans want to work poo poo jobs for little pay

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe

Mirthless posted:

Blockchain technology is already putting tons of accountants out of work and I've worked at two different companies in the last five years that automated most of the HR department.

It's only a matter of time

Wow, automated HR. I'm surprised it took that long to write a python script that tells people to eat poo poo and go gently caress themselves.

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe

Spunky Psycho Ho posted:

Our IT person is arrogant, and unpleasant to work with. I just google problems when they come up, because there's usually a video walk through

A lot of IT workers have an aura of superiority because they know what a zip file is.

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe

Spunky Psycho Ho posted:

My hope was Trump's business intuitions and pragmatic approach to things would guide him to legalization

It's OK, I think a lot of people were fooled by that "Apprentice" show.

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe
I don't understand why they keep lying about the Russian connections. Just go all out, plenty of conservatives love Putin.

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe

Krustic posted:

It's easier to keep blaming Russia for their election loss than to take ownership that they hosed over a large number of their own constituents by favoring a candidate with zero charisma who offered next to nothing to working class voters over another candidate who did but didn't fit their rulers needs. Now they must blame Russia and try to whip their base into a blind hatred of Trump and anyone critical of them to deflect because they have no intention of doing anything differently in the next election. It sucks.

I'm talking about Sessions committing perjury. Just say you talked with a Russian ambassador if you did, who gives a gently caress other than people who didn't vote for Trump? I don't get it.

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe

Spunky Psycho Ho posted:

You guys split hairs over the stupidest things. Okay, what Branson didn't influence Obama? Then some other rich dude did? Whatever, I'm not trying to build a prosecution case, its a general example of rich + politicians = loving me

Wow, money in politics. We should do something about this.

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe

Poetic Justice posted:

Franken knows that Sessions meets with foreign diplomats all the time including the Russians so that rules out the issue of asking about meeting Russians as a Senator. Sessions knows that and Franken also knows that. The only other context left is working on behalf of the campaign. Sessions is clearly saying he has been called a surrogate and IN THAT CAPACITY he didn't have communications with Russia.

Also, maybe he had his fingers crossed while under oath, it's an old lawyer's trick.

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe

Bulgogi Hoagie posted:

say what you want about the tea party they did succeed in taking over the vast majority of state legislatures

Never underestimate the power of angry yelling

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe

Spunky Psycho Ho posted:

I run 2 miles during my lunch for fun

I run 3 miles durring lunch, and have more fun

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe

SpaceGoatFarts posted:

Let's check quickly what the folks at AlexJonesForumForNutjobsTM are discussing and if it could be a reason for watching them

nope. No idea why they would want to watch these folks in case they try to start a shooting spree

Wow the fluoride forum is pretty dead

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe

Mnoba posted:

except the meals on wheels thing was a media spun lie to sell clicks

http://m.motherjones.com/kevin-drum/2017/03/meals

The program is fine, but the money used to pay for it is bad

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe
Obama was able to win Wisconsin because he actually showed up and got people to turn out and vote. This is a state that elected Scott Walker 3 times, it wasn't exactly a shoe in.

If you want to get rid of electoral college, you first have to get elected.

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe

Mordor She Wrote posted:

I took think people living in Viola Wisconsin should have a more representative vote than someone living in the most populated, economically strong, and educated areas.

Some how a black man with a funny name got these rural Wisconsin racists to vote for him. I wonder how???

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe

Spunky Psycho Ho posted:

Lol, a guy who is being targeted by the largest intelligence and spying organization, whom have no qualms in engaging in coups, torture, assassinations, black sites, is "throwing a tantrum about being illegally spied on by evil incarnate" lmao... what a baby!

He's a billionaire and also the president, I think he'll be OK.

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe
I don't think comparing Trump to Sadaam and Khaddafi is really helping your cause.

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe
He also had a lot of kickass robes and hats

But it's hard not to ruffle a few feathers when you're in power for 42 years :rip:

Extra Large Marge fucked around with this message at 15:47 on Apr 4, 2017

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe

Gianthogweed posted:

I wonder how the military industrial complex finally got him to fall in line. Something tells me there was more to it than that video. Did the Susan Rice thing convince them to make a deal with him? Or did they get their hands on that fabled "pee tape"? What happened with Bannon? Something happened that they're not telling us.

You're overthinking this. They just built a big button labeled "fire kick-rear end missiles at bad guys" for him.

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe

Nut to Butt posted:

It's not. It's an important work that eviscerates the 100% wrong historical narrative taught in high schools and colleges across the country. Leftists will make any excuse to delegitimize information they find unpalatable. They'll stoop to whatever depths necessary to besmirch the quality of work underlying that information, and/or the character of its messenger. It's sad, and self-defeating, because it means they never synthesize the information, and rely on hoary arguments to justify their facile understanding of the subject matter. This is why leftism keeps losing in unmoderated internet spaces- because its arguments don't hold up to rigorous and honest scrutiny. So, the illiberal left has embraced Stalin's ethos: “Ideas are far more powerful than guns. We don't let our people have guns. Why should we let them have ideas?”

But FDR just didn't do enough either, right? Double down! Leftism cannot fail, it can only be failed!

This thread is worth it for weird posts like this. "100% wrong" "Stalin's ethos"

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe

Bholder posted:

Then what constitutes as a "real scandal"?

Trump wears a tan suit

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe
Impeachments are political, and given the number of republicans in the house/senate, it won't happen unless Trump comes out as transgender or wears a tan suit.

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe

Blue Train posted:

It's p funny watching the spin to make every comment he makes positive

It's interesting to see all these hard hat blue collar guys go to bat for Jared Kushner every morning.

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe

Heaven Spacey posted:

You're 100% correct, of course - he'd never do anything that could put his companies or brand at serious risk. But if he seriously does try to push a tax hike on the rich through, that'd put him squarely to the left of the DLC wing of the Democratic party, and I have no loving idea how Republicans in Congress would react to it.

That's when they would all jump on the "Trump is a bad boy who is mentally unfit to be president" train again.

I'm not sure how that hypothetical tax hike would work either. It wouldn't make it through congress, could he just executive order up a tax hike? It sounds very silly.

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe

Yug posted:

Why do the other elites hate him?

He CHEATS at GOLF

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe
He's doing a great job, just look at all them pissed off liberals.

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe
We are just putting America first with a little help from our friends the Russians

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe

Spunky Psycho Ho posted:

Holy gently caress.

If this was some Swedish hacker releasing the piss tapes would you guys give the slightest gently caress.

At this point I think Eric Trump will release the piss tape.

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe
You need representation in congress to impeach someone

Right now they'll just wring their hands

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe
Trumps doing' great

Anyway, remember when Tony Stewart killed that guy?

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe

Ran 'em over with a sprint car.

God bless :rip:

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe

Toadvine posted:

Gary Johnson would similarly have been hard pressed to go to war

I don't know man, he'd need someone to teach him geography first

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe

World War Mammories posted:

hey oxballs, I know you like to use the line that actually, criticism of trump is part of the kremlin agenda, so I thought you'd appreciate this beautiful tweet thread, this magnum opus
https://twitter.com/ericgarland/status/887672213947678720

Yes, there is a vast Russian conspiracy to get Eric Garland to stop tweeting, not for any political gain though, just because he's extremely annoying.

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe

Waffle House posted:

What's even more embarassing is that the harder 4chan reaches to offend the general public via rage-inducing clickbait, the worse the memes are going to get. The image sequence posted a few pages ago with the purple haired girl telling the dude with the beret to shoot up a grocery store? That take on mental instability? loving incomprehensible.

I had no idea what that was a take on, and I'm supposedly your "garden variety liberal" or whatever. It literally had to be explained to me. Some other "friend" of mine keeps trying out memes like this:

Like this is literally just "I don't like women so I'm going to make fun of them on the internet." None of these 'jabs' mean anything to me, or anyone I know. It's obvious that some dude is just bitter about getting rejected by a particular girl, probably somewhere in the Pacific Northwest from the look of it, and so you get garbage-tier poo poo like this. Pure incel bullshit.

The further 4chan chases the dragon on offending people, the stupider the image macros are going to get. The above image is proof positive. As the already-tenuous logical positions get more convoluted, the memes by nature will become more and more backflippy and inscrutable to the people that they're supposed to "offend" into rageclicking or rage-posting.

Your friend hates succulents?

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe
These women, they're always talking about their Aloe plant.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe

Nerses IV posted:

I have a friend who is constantly trying to get me to take some of her aloe plants because they keep budding and she keeps replanting them, so this checks out

Oh I get it now, It starts with aloe and before you know it she'll be trying to get you to raise her kids.

Blow me up Tom

• Locked thread